facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 2, 2006, 12:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Look, HawkEye, mate, I really don't think this is something worth arguing over. I'm livid enough as is now that the loss has genuinely sunk in. Read post #16 again. This is becoming a regular feature of Mash's game. I've thought all along that it may be due to lack of fitness, more than anything.

The fact is, if Mash can produce such brilliance at the beginning of a spell, then there is no reason why he should not be able to do the same at the end. Maybe he is mentally incapable of delivering the goods at the death. Maybe he is physically exhausted. Only he knows. But the fact remains, he has had more than enough time to rectify his shortcomings. I mean that 3rd ODI vs SL was in February! He was given a break during the Kenya series in order to prevent futher injuries. But he has failed again.

Can I just say I have never doubted his abilities as a player. He remains on par, in my opinion, with Shahadat, although they are two different bowlers. I too am hopeful that he will eventually come good. It's a shame that he is so injury prone though. He had the potential to be our finest ever bowler.

Last edited by Mr-Cricket; August 2, 2006 at 12:54 PM..

Old August 2, 2006, 12:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Change of bowling action caused a certain fast bowler like Hasibul Hussain to lose his place in the National Team. I have a feeling that it is the end of Mashrafee Bin Murtoza's International Career.
I dont think that's gonna end his career, he is just going through a transition period, and hopefully gonna come out stronger.

Last edited by HawkEye000; August 2, 2006 at 12:28 PM..
Old August 2, 2006, 12:27 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Cricket

The fact is, if Mash can produce such brilliance at the beginning of a spell, then there is no reason why he should not be able to do the same at the end.
As I said in my earlier post it takes lot more control in the end overs when you try to go for the yorkers. Give him about a years time he would surely be used to his action by then and hopefully would be getting his yorkers right. If not then be critical at that time.

He is going through a dificult phase, so it's sad to see people thinking of him taking bribes.
Old August 2, 2006, 01:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default Masree is just a choker ...

Exhibit 1
On eve of our first Test match win against Zim, he had to stop himself in his run up because he was crying. He could not take the last Zim wicket - and trust me because I watched the whole match - his bowling was ordinary in those last few overs

Exhibit 2
He dropped Ponting right before lunch when that could have been a serious psychological hold on Australia in the final day of the first test match

Exhibit 3
His frequent failures in death overs when the opponent is really going at it. Sri Lanka did it to him, India did it to him and now Zim is doing it to him

What does this mean? This means that he will continue to be a great bowler for BD - as long as he stays healthy - but he should not be put in the pressure situations such as bowling in the death.
Old August 2, 2006, 01:03 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Wow I cannot believe what has happened.... I'm so glad I fell asleep long before this living nightmare...

Could MASHRAFEE do such a thing? How else could we lose from such a good position? WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HIM!?

Why is it that only Shahadat is consistent lately and our prominent Mr. Masri is getting WORSE?? It's not that I ain't glad for Shahadat but he did make remarkable improvement whereas Masri has become a piece of ****!

FULLER deliveries on the last over?!? WTF WAS HE THINKING????

I forgave him for Australia but not this time! I'm not prepared to believe there was no motive behind his such pathetic display today.

Someone please prove me wrong..
Old August 2, 2006, 01:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Wow I cannot believe what has happened.... I'm so glad I fell asleep long before this living nightmare...

Could MASHRAFEE do such a thing? How else could we lose from such a good position? WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HIM!?

Why is it that only Shahadat is consistent lately and our prominent Mr. Masri is getting WORSE?? It's not that I ain't glad for Shahadat but he did make remarkable improvement whereas Masri has become a piece of ****!

FULLER deliveries on the last over?!? WTF WAS HE THINKING????

I forgave him for Australia but not this time! I'm not prepared to believe there was no motive behind his such pathetic display today.

Someone please prove me wrong..
HAHAHAHA! Settle mate, settle. Shahadat cannot go completely blameless! I mean he did concede 26 off his last 2 overs, didn't he? Really, Batting/Bowling (and Fielding!) woes aside, had Mashud bowled out Shahadat after his hat-trick, I don't think we'd find ourselves 2-1 down. Simple as that. But I guess we could argue this till the cows come home.

I'm gonna get some sleep. Hopefully I'll have suffered a serious bout of Amnesia come morning.
Old August 2, 2006, 01:26 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Cricket
HAHAHAHA! Settle mate, settle. Shahadat cannot go completely blameless! I mean he did concede 26 off his last 2 overs, didn't he? Really, Batting/Bowling (and Fielding!) woes aside, had Mashud bowled out Shahadat after his hat-trick, I don't think we'd find ourselves 2-1 down. Simple as that. But I guess we could argue this till the cows come home.

I'm gonna get some sleep. Hopefully I'll have suffered a serious bout of Amnesia come morning.
I'm not saying Shahadat is innocent but he did bring us into the game with that hat-trick. Imagine if Zimbabwe had 6 wickets for the last 10 overs, we would have lost easily without a fight and the scapegoat for our failure would be someone else.

Masri's failure is a huge concern because he's after all considered our best bowler and naturally everyone will speculate whether he crumbled under pressure or had bad intentions. I'll leave this debate until everyone has a cool mind, including myself.
Old August 2, 2006, 02:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Exhibit 1
On eve of our first Test match win against Zim, he had to stop himself in his run up because he was crying. He could not take the last Zim wicket - and trust me because I watched the whole match - his bowling was ordinary in those last few overs

Exhibit 2
He dropped Ponting right before lunch when that could have been a serious psychological hold on Australia in the final day of the first test match

Exhibit 3
His frequent failures in death overs when the opponent is really going at it. Sri Lanka did it to him, India did it to him and now Zim is doing it to him

What does this mean? This means that he will continue to be a great bowler for BD - as long as he stays healthy - but he should not be put in the pressure situations such as bowling in the death.[emphasis mine]
spot on...

masri isn't a crap bowler, nor has he just recently become one. he just has this one weakness in his armor. we just have to find someone else to bowl the death overs. razzak seems a good candidate as well as russel. perhaps rajib can do it to.

memo to selectors:

in order for russel to bowl in the death, he must be chosen in the playin XI!!!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 2, 2006, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

he should have bowled a slower one ... why didn't he bowled a single slower ball i don't understand when our batsman (i know aftab was out) where having hard time picking up the slowers..... I am not sure what managment is doing... Pilot should have talked with him beofre the last ball and tell him where to bowl and what kind of ball that should be (i have seen most of the test team does that and let the bowler know what to do)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 2, 2006, 03:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
spot on...

masri isn't a crap bowler, nor has he just recently become one. he just has this one weakness in his armor. we just have to find someone else to bowl the death overs. razzak seems a good candidate as well as russel. perhaps rajib can do it to.

memo to selectors:

Razzak and Shahadat could be the solution but I don't think Rasel has what it takes to bowl in the death. With his pace I don't think he would be the ideal bowler in the death overs. Infact he normally tends to complete his 10 over quota within the 40th over.
Old August 2, 2006, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
we just have to find someone else to bowl the death overs. razzak seems a good candidate as well as russel. perhaps rajib can do it to.

memo to selectors:

In most ODIs, Rasel finished his quota before final overs. And in the few chances he got, he hasn't done much better than Mashrafee.
Old August 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

I think it was Tareq (may be I am worng) gave us the close victory ;ast time around...
Old August 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Hey no one is q. the umps today. there were some close loud shout that was denied by the zimbo ump....
Old August 2, 2006, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I think it was Tareq (may be I am worng) gave us the close victory ;ast time around...
Yeah, it was Tareq Aziz. Sad thing is, in that match we only had 9 runs to defend in the last over.
Old August 2, 2006, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

i think mash and shahadat are both into this thing. the zim's gave mash money to throw the game. shahadat found out about it. so he wanted to join in. he told the zim's "i will keep it a secret if u giv me a hatrick". i bet thats wat happened.!!!!!
Old August 2, 2006, 03:25 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

The problem is, you just can't have someone else bowling in the end and in the beginning. you have only 11 stop. so, if mashrafee has to learn how to bowl at the end, not render the job to someone else. then, we have to take off a batsman to get a 3rd seamer who can bowl at the end. not practical.
Old August 2, 2006, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Doesn't matter if MAshrafi was bribed or not- He should be criticised for waht he has been doing lately. Not only this game he got bashed other matches against Pak, Aus, I remember from my memory. We had been always praising our strike bowler and trying to save him but this is insane. He is not in form and he can step down and ccome back later with a good form. Downt we have any replacement for him- what abt Russel, or even A Team pacers? We may start thread on Mashrafi bashing just like we did on JO, Ashraful etc.

He should be criticised - no more mercy on Mashrafi. Dont want to take these from him any more- if we see these more from him we should also accept him as a kopailla like Kapali - getting chances as there is no replacement. OR Bon Gaye Shial Raja......
Old August 2, 2006, 03:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Actually, I have always wondered why slow bowlers are not used at the death. Particularly those who can vary their lengths. Funnily, I have Enamul in mind ! The batsmen cannot use the bowlers pace to hit the big shots.

Emburey comes to mind. Anyone else ?
Old August 2, 2006, 03:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Mash & Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
He should be criticised - no more mercy on Mashrafi. Dont want to take these from him any more- if we see these more from him we should also accept him as a kopailla like Kapali - getting chances as there is no replacement. OR Bon Gaye Shial Raja......
Is it a bad time to remind everyone that it was Mashrafe who dropped the catch against Australia ?
Old August 2, 2006, 04:02 PM

read the thread. someone already has done us the favore, imtiaz.
Old August 2, 2006, 05:16 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default masree for rasel I say

This wickets would suit Rasel's slower pace and Rasel tends to bowl his ten overs on the trot
Then we can use Shahadat at the middle and use forhad and rajjak as our death bowlers. Rajin has done it too.

Masree needs to be dropped to get his focus back - he didn't take any wickets in the opening overs either.
Old August 2, 2006, 05:25 PM

I would not believe I was saying this a year ago myself: but yes agree with RazabQ. Mashrafee need to seat out for this series.
Old August 2, 2006, 05:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Mashrafee is our star player.....my arse. Star players step up when other players do badly. He bowled 4 full toss balls and a wide. He even got lucky with the runout.... that was a full toss too...but Taylot didn't get a good hold of it. Name one star/great player who kept bowling full toss after full toss and made the batsman's work extremely easy.....fast full toss...all you need is to get a bat to it. It's true some great players gave up a lot of runs in the last over in their career.... but I highly doubt that they ever bowled 4 full tosses which are the easiest ball to hit. Anyone with anykind of brain would notice that his yorkers were all turning into full tosses..... bowl a short length or a slower or anything but that when you are getting slammed for those. What about the wide.... where did that come from. So for god sake stop trying to sugar coat mashrafees performance and stop blaming Pilot. Mashrafee is supposed to be our best and most experienced fast bowler..... so that was no brainer for pilot to give him the last over. Rafique bowled like crap too....so he couldnt really use Rafique. It's sad that our standard is so low.... seems like most of us think Ash, Mash as gods of cricket. Welcome to the reality my friend.. like other posters mentioned..Mash was slammed before too...but he was still the only one Pilot could go for the last over. He gave up 17 runs because he bowled horribly...not because Taylor hit some amazing shots but credit to Taylor for taking advantage of some awful bowling. Zimbabwe truly overpowered us and they are the better team as of now. It doesn't matter how well you do upto 40 overs....if you can't finish the game on top.
Old August 2, 2006, 06:05 PM
Cricket Guru

just wondering ..
BD suffered two most himulating defeats in his histroy and the captain of the both team was Pilot..
So I think we should ask wether
Pilot was bribed or not????
Old August 2, 2006, 06:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Except Australia, all big teams have lost matches from a winning position. Some teams like west indies do it more often then others. I guess bangladesh was not in this league before because we rarely got yourselves into winning position.

I hope the players learn from this experience.
It often happens to west indies and Bangladesh (like 1st test to Australia...) but it also happened to the Aussies. Isn't scoring 434 runs in a ODI first innings being in winning position?