facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2008, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
At some point can you guys give us a player by player observation by watching live in the stadium. It would be fun to read from a fan's perspective.
Today too tired now. Hopefully tomorrow first thing in the morning I would try. Hope others would also give their own assessment

Old October 9, 2008, 01:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

It's a nice thread and it seems i am watching the highlights of the match by reading this thread.
Old October 9, 2008, 01:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

"Nocturnal: Thank you ICL for taking out our weed "

Quote of the Day
Old October 9, 2008, 02:08 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

T_E bhai asked me (with few others) to write these following points:
be aware : long, repititive, boring write-up with no grammar!!

1. Preparation and the journey:
To me it all started when I found out in some other thread that akabir77 bhai is
coming home after 7 years and wants to watch the series! we talked about it a bit in
that thread and then finally in our mini get together during Ramadan we officially
discussed about it and promptly Rabz bro and thebest bhai agreed to join! and
wanted me to open a thread about it- I just followed their instruction!!

from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Early morning sadness:
with great hope and excitement for watching Tigers live from ground since 2002, woke up at 6am and when noticed the heavy rainfall during all night and still it was rainning at that moment- I was sooo low and sad....after all these hard work, got help and response from fellow BC'ers which start few weeks back - to rain involved cancelled practice match at Fatullah- to early morning ticket buying to this!! Please weather GOD we don't deserve it!!

Trip to Mirpur:
at 7am starting my trip to Mirpur with two of my very kind friend who all along give me moral and keep saying we will have a match today and we are gonna WIN!! on our way the SUN finally came out and that brought a huge smile on my face!! my cell phone keep ringing all the way to mirpur!! Godddd we have this tracking device!!

2.Meeting Place:
most of the BC'ers and friends got there in time and we all set for the GATE 1 around 8:30 am - our journey to victory officially begun!!

3. Atmosphere before the match:

Infact we didn't have enough time to see the Atmosphere or anything because of this
stupidity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
And BCB sucks again. They would not allow us to get into stadium. There are around
50 people in the gate and nobody was allowed as high ups did not give them the
permission to allow spectator in the stadium. Though there was a toss and play would
start in schdule time (at the time we did not know). In this time SM Hasan and I were
get into an argument with one BCB official. Even at that time he was arguing that play
would start at 11 and why so rush? And we actually belive him as there was too much
rain yesterday. Some of us were arguing you want a stampade and at last good
sense prevail (BTW in other galleres specataors entry were unhindered). At last we
get into the Stadium around 8:45 and soon Rabz with some of his friends joined us. Just at nine the game started.
The number of crowd was not very much during first few overs as the weather
condition was not that great! it was overcast and cloudy which disappeared pretty
soon!

4.Feeling while NZ batting:
When I came to know that we are gonna bowl I was happy and had a feeling that if
we can take quick wickets and get benefitted by the this condition we will have a
good chance! NZ didn't play a single match before this. But my joy soon turned into
fear when it was somehting like 47/0 after 8. but then again we have Mash and he did
the trick! danger man McCullum gone. and soon kiwis were 79/6 after 21ov. it was
soo quick that even some us couldn't count the wicket falls!! In general fielding was
very good and Ash was good with bowling change. then that Oram and Vettori period
was very worring and we didn't get any break through. I thought we missed a run out
chance too. But the way Kiwis were struggling overall while batting it looked pretty
clear that they are not gonna give us a big target- anything below 220 would be a
doable for us- Hopefully!

5. Especial moments:
Mannn when every time Oram got the strike it was a pure joke to see him and mushy
standing together closely! He is soooooo tall!! we all had a good laugh.

Another thing i can remember and we all get annoyed with umpire Nadir Shah as he
didn't even pay any attention to any of our LBW shout and just had a small walk as
soon as the bowler balls! He is too neutral sometimes!!

Our bowler didn't give away any No Ball - No Free Hit!

6. Mash getting hurt:
I didn't see it happened but as soon as I noticed it- I was in total awe- why mash, why
you? anyway- BCB stuff sucks most times and that incident was just another example- not new.

7. Riyad's spectacular catch and blunder (catch drop):
That was a top class catch and we all were in cloud# 9!! very good effort from our
tidbit player. Oh! I still can't believe the fielder (most likely nayeem) dropped that
catch from Mash's ball. it could be NZ all-out below 200 and 5-fer for Mash (my
MoM).

8. LUNCH:
the less I said about is better- again pathetic food arrangement by BCB,
quality was too low and the price is soooo high. even a third grade Singara would
cost 8tk....which price should be no more than two. we had some 'kauwa/dim' biryani with warm RC Lemon!!

9. Repeat 4 and 5 with BD: ah! will do it later sometimes!!
Old October 9, 2008, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

The most important factors-
1) thebest bhai's umbrella!
2) nocturnal bhai's regular walking out of the stadium to receive others!
Vai,next time apne bahire 10 dar koraia rakhben. Ek over por por gele opposition 10 over ei sesh!
Old October 9, 2008, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

good read. Thanks thebest and Noc for sharing your great experience....
Old October 9, 2008, 02:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Mac you have been exciting my young brother. Would you come on the next match?
Old October 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

polapain ghumai na kaan? 4ta bajey. amar report likhbey khokon. I thought morning'a fresh ghum thekey uthey...

Jaihok, jaiga jhokhon asoi ar ek ghonta jaigga fojor ta poira shuio. 2nd ODI'er jonno ottonnto joruri.
Old October 9, 2008, 03:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Thanks thebest nice read.

A very good view point from the gallery. This what we the fans always miss in any match report. The feelings and experience from the fans eye.
Old October 9, 2008, 03:27 PM

অনেক ধন্যবাদ, দি বেষ্ট ভাই - আপনার মন-মাতানো লেখার জন্যে!
Old October 9, 2008, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Guys, take a look at the picture that Dr. Z put up on the front page.
Old October 9, 2008, 04:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Thanks thebest bhai. Very nice read.
Old October 9, 2008, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Mac you have been exciting my young brother. Would you come on the next match?
Vaia, I have an exam scheduled on saturday. But if I can change the date asking the authority, i will certainly join with you all. If not,then i will keep calling you guys to hear the tigers roars from the stadium. I will miss it. I will miss the KIWI birani.
Old October 9, 2008, 10:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Nothing can beat that sweet feeling of being in the stadium when the team is winning.
Old October 9, 2008, 10:25 PM
Cricket Legend

great read. As I said in a diff thread, my brother (BC akabir77) was in Stadium. So when he gets back to States Insha Allah, we will hear his version of the story.
Old October 9, 2008, 10:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
great read. As I said in a diff thread, my brother (BC akabir77) was in Stadium. So when he gets back to States Insha Allah, we will hear his version of the story.
He's your brother in real?
Old October 10, 2008, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

As promised, I am putting my thoughts and Grade on organization and team .
BCB: A F (actually 0 out of 100). They begin our day with sour grape. Unnecessary hassle during entry to the stadium. They did not open some of the gate (unfortunately one was the gate which was designated to us) till 8:30. The BCB official even told us why to rush when the game would start at 11:00 though by the time Bangladesh won the toss and decide to field. The food vendor appointed by BCB is the worst I ever met. The food is not only costly but also unedible. There was no price chart approved by BCB. So I bought water three times in three different price. The toilet is even worse than that of primary schools at rural areas. These were not only dark (no light in the toilets) but also unclean. Though there was lots of women spectator in the field, all the toilets were unisex making virtually for men only. There was no basin, no urinal; just a cement space to urinate. Then the Mash incident; It was so insane to put loader behind advirtising board. And I fail to see those move away even after the incident. May be they did it during lunch break but not definetly after the incident. Because I glued my eyes what Mash was doing till he slowly moved back to pavilion. He was getting treatment for more than 10 minutes (around 3 overs) and this time no attempt was made. They just arrange the advirtisement board keeping the loader behind the advirtising board.
Bangladesh Team: An A+. from the very beginning there body language was that we are going for the kill. I am so impress with Zunaid and Tamim as they were impatiently waiting for the umpires and NZ team to enter in the field when Bangladesh start their innings. Infact Tamim reached his crease before McCullan reach behind the stumps. Though McCullan has to cover less distance as that end was close to their pavillion.
The Fan: A++ specially the gallaery next to us. They cheer, sing , clap all the time and almost appreciating every move of the team. They were the cheerleaders.
Now individual member of the team
Tamim: He started well but fall into the trap. We were talking that NZ bowlers were trying to force him drive. He obliged after one /two cracking drive through mid on. But the boy need to learn how to find gap. Some of his beautiful shots went straight to fielders. A little away it would have been four. His fielding was good; nothing exceptional but he actually did not need to do that. As we won I would give him a B+ but reality may be C (because he was middling it so well; should have cash in).
Zunaid: Though almost everyone give him A+, I would give him A. He was scrachy at the beginning but I still appreacite he was playing himself not tried to bursting it out. He played too many uppish shot, fortunately for him nobody was there. He was not middling even when he was in his 40s. This boy also need to play soft. Even when NZ fielders were on 30 yard circle he was driving so hard that ball were reaching to the fielders instantly; a soft touch might yield him a single; need to improve his running between the wickets. Both he and Mush missed couple of runs due to poor first run or not starting quickly. Also during fielding need to learn about bowlers speed so that where ball would reach. After fall of first wicket (or is it second), Mush was actually keeping much more closer to wicket than the slip cordon. If they followed Mush's lead Mash might have his second (or third) earlier as an edge just falls short of slip cordon
Mushy: I am unashmed of being a Mush fan. But still I would give him an A- though more liberal grading might have been an A. He still has the most mature head in the team and I think an ideal choice for number three. One thing come into mind; Vettori put a long off and mid on and deliver flighted ball. He wanted to Mushy to go over the top, playing againest the spin. But Mushy did not did that, instead he pushed the ball to long off. After three / four balls, Vettori give up. But like Tamim, Zunaid he also need to learn how to pierce the field. Many of his eye catching shots went straight to fielders; also need to improve running between the wickets. Though he got himself out playing a foolish shot in other day it might have been a six over sqaure leg. He got a top edge and forced to play the shot as he was bogged down playing too many hard shot straight to fielders. If he played some of those straight and cover drive in soft hand that shot might not have been needed. He kept competantly but I think he need to talk with his slip cordon where to stand. There was a run out chance he missed; but I would rather put the blame on fielder than Mushy as he has to collect the ball outside the crease and through the ball with big gloves on.
Ash : I am not an Ash fan. But I would give an A+ both as a batsman and captain. The only fault in his captaincy may be not going for the kill when NZ were tottering at 79/6. But he kept the slip and even put silly mid off to pressurize the batsman. And I also think he was harsh on Rasel. Rasel was not bowling as badly as his figures shown. But slowness of the pitch and his rustiness caught. In fact Rajib's first two overs are worse than Rasel's first two. I would consider this innings is the best innings Ash played. This is not an Ash special to the spectators; nonetheless a great innings more than run a ball. He was piercing the field at will and only time he played uppishly when he hit that six. Tamim, big Z and Mush should watch this innings how to place the ball and Ash should watch this innings how to score run a ball without playing fancy shot.
Sakib: With few famble at point he was brilliant in bowling and fielding. Nothing to write about batting as by the time he came we start partying so did not watch how he played.
Nayeem: Don't tell me he is a part time spinner. This boy can spin and better than most of our spinners. I would give him A+ considering it was his debut.
Riyad: We wonder why he was in the team. He bowled two overs and I wonder why he was bowling. Nayeem was bowling much better and Nayeem was batsman than Riyad. And he missed a dolly, cost Mash MoM, six extra runs, though take a good catch. In the spirit of Eid I would give him a B but reality it should be a D.
Mash: My MoM. Bowl his heart out from the first ball to the last. Even when Riyad drop that sitter or Rajib take the catch and got out of the field he did not lose heart; a big A+
Raj: A typical Raj performace. Bowled according to plan and let the pitch do the thing. An A+ performance.
Rajib: Let be blunt. The boy is not an ODI material. Could somebody tell and remind him that he is not a Lee or Akter. He consistently bowled short pitch and Ryder crashed it into the fence. He bowled well after he got that wicket. I would give him B+ but reality he is C
Rasel: Took two catches and none of them are easy catches. Only bowled 12 balls; so not much to evaluate. Hard done by the captain but I feel that he was missing his zip. I would be liberal and would not grade him.
For NZ the big disappointment was Styris. Batted and fielded poorly (not only he drop Big Z but overall his ground fielding was poor). Oram is a monstar
Old October 10, 2008, 02:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

The first pain was not to be able to take the opportunity to join such an enthusiastic group of BC'ers... and now it has become a huge regret, because the whole event has produced such a superb celebration!! Unlucky me.. tht i'm stuck into unavoidable stuff.. and gonna miss even the 2nd match!
Old October 10, 2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
The first pain was not to be able to take the opportunity to join such an enthusiastic group of BC'ers... and now it has become a huge regret, because the whole event has produced such a superb celebration!! Unlucky me.. tht i'm stuck into unavoidable stuff.. and gonna miss even the 2nd match!
sorry, Bashir bhai..
পোরা কপাল?!!!
Old October 10, 2008, 03:20 AM

much thanks the best Bhai and Dr. Noc! for sharing the wonderful experience.
মাঠে না থেকেও আছি মনে হচ্ছে...
Old October 10, 2008, 04:41 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

thebest, can you please compile your two posts into one and send to me (miraz@banglacricket.com)? We will be very happy to publish it as a front page article.
Old October 10, 2008, 05:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Nice read the best vai,
Riad is not a bowler or batsman, Why he is in the team. We can take one more recognize batsman instead of him.
Old October 10, 2008, 05:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Ah, Shakeel bhai (thebest) and Pasha bhai (Nocturnal) took all the words from me.
Everything is described beautifully by them.
Well, here is my little effort.

1) Preparation and the journey.

I've been in touch with Pasha bhai for last few days over the phone trying to detail things out. Once again, his enthusiasm and energy made it easy for all of us.
All the rest of us had to do is to show up.

6 of my friends decided to join. But unfortunately in the last moment, 2 dropped out as they could not get the day off from work, even though it was Durga Puja holiday. Finally 4 of them joined.

Waking up in the morning, i was also deeply saddened and worried with the weather conditions. It rained whole night and the weather was stil gloomy, but i had the utmost faith on the Mirpur drainage facility and knew if it does not rain any more, the match would go on may be after a little delay. But even to my surprise, the match started right on time, which certainly vindicates the good work put up by the BCB ( credit should be given where its applicable) in setting up a good facilities IN the field. ( mind you, im not talking about in and around the gallery, but only the playing conditions that is).

I was in the stadium just on time and as i entered the ground, the Kiwi batsman were also walking in the middle.

2) Meeting.

Pasha bhai and Shakeel bhai with rest of the gang were already in the stadium before us and had the best seats reserved for us.

3) Atmosphere before the match.

The atmosphere was a bit dissapointing to be honest, but then again, it had lot to do with the weather. Even the most enthusiatic fans like us did not expect the match to start on time, let alone most people who thought it wud be nice idea to sleep in on a day off.

But as the match progressed, and as expected, the crowd started to build up.

4) Feeling while NZ batting.

Not just when NZ was batting but throughout the whole match, there was an upbeat feelings of "happening" it today. We were always in control of the match and right from the start, well may be till the 7th over, we knew in our heart that we'd win the game today.

Mashrafee, as always, lead the charge. And you know, the day when Mash strikes early and gets couple of wickets, we are never too far from winning (ref, Australia, India).
By the time he got 3 wicktets, i was more than sure that its going to be our day. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind. Its just one of those feelings.

5) Especial moments.

For me, the most special moment of the match came when little Mushy charged down the wicket and send that big fella (not sure who was the bowler) out for a huge six.
Even though our batting never looked out of sort, but i thought, that six shifted the gear and set the momentum for the killing.

Also to see a pint sized kid fully taking on a lombu-bura-dhamra beta like that was something special.

6) Mash getting hurt.

Despicable.
Lucky Mash didnt hurt seiously and even more lucky it did not happen to any of the touring players. That would have been utterly shameful if a Kiwi player got hurt that way.

BCB seriously needs to be "on" at all times.

They should be ever grateful that nothing happened to Mash. Or else,...you could imagine...

7) Riyad's spectacular catch and blunder (catch drop).

Mash really deserved a fifer. He was simply outstanding in the field and somewhat let down by that drop catch by Riyad at the very end of the NZ innings.
But then again, you cant expect a totally flawless day for Bangladesh. There had to be one or two things that did not go our way, and unfortunately, its Mash who missed out on a glory.

Well, he is Mash and he'll get more opportunities to glorify himself and the country.

8) LUNCH.

Bought packet lunch of rice and chicken from the stadium for 100 bucks, which as you'd expect, was crap. Ate a bit only for the sake of it in order to get some energy back to rejoice when BD starts batting.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 10, 2008, 06:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts of the game from as a spectator. it is really special to be live at the moment when Bangladesh win.

I was very fortunate enough myself to be at one Bangladesh's victory, in Wales in a small stadium called Sabina park,when the team beat the number team in world. I know that when the winning moment comes, you just feel so happy, proud, and exhausted at the same time.

I hope somewhere in the near future I see Bangladesh's victory live again.
Old October 10, 2008, 06:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Excellent work evryone. Good to know how it felt being at the ground..