facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Next Bangladesh Captain
Mashrafe Mortaza 12 27.91%
Junaid Siddique 1 2.33%
Mehrab Hossain jnr 0 0%
Shakib Al Hasan 19 44.19%
Mushfiqur Rahim 3 6.98%
Abdur Razzak 0 0%
Naeem Islam 2 4.65%
Rajin Saleh 1 2.33%
Raqibul Hasan 0 0%
Tushar Imran 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 30, 2008, 07:43 PM
Test Cricketer

If we didn't learn by now, we'll never learn.. look at the India side.. Dhoni has taken them to whole new level.. not everyone in the team can be captain and not necessarily the best player has to be the captain.. our cricket with Ash slowly turning into ashes, I wish it's the ashes between Aus and Eng..don't think so

Old December 1, 2008, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_club
If we didn't learn by now, we'll never learn.. look at the India side.. Dhoni has taken them to whole new level.. not everyone in the team can be captain and not necessarily the best player has to be the captain.. our cricket with Ash slowly turning into ashes, I wish it's the ashes between Aus and Eng..don't think so
in my opinion Dhoni is just a posterboy. he manages to do things that paint him out in a better light (like letting ganguly captain in the last moments of his last test), but in the end he isn't much different from Kumble.
Old December 1, 2008, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Too early for Shakib. If Ashraful is to be stripped of his captaincy, we need to try someone else. Mashrafee doesn seem to be bad but it wont be a long term move.
Old December 1, 2008, 08:37 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Its time for Mash, lets see if he can keep up his winning streak of the practice matches against Ash's team.
Old December 1, 2008, 08:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel

i think shakib
Old December 1, 2008, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

i voted for mash.. i wanna c how far he can take bd.. but theres that injury factor and i don want his career 2 b ruined bacause of all the pressure.. but frankly speakin i dont want a captain change coz i dont wanna ruin any one elses career..and the others r too young, razzak not there, and rajin and tushar not in the team.. but if i had to choose.. it'd be mash.. if he's not available.. then sakib..

Last edited by crikfreak; December 1, 2008 at 02:30 PM..
Old December 1, 2008, 06:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkrulz
in my opinion Dhoni is just a posterboy. he manages to do things that paint him out in a better light (like letting ganguly captain in the last moments of his last test), but in the end he isn't much different from Kumble.
Mate, Kumble no where close to Dhoni.. if you look at the test between IND and AUS, Kumble played 2, tied 2 and Dhoni won 2 out of 2 still 100%.. the reason why Dhoni is so successful, he is consistent with the bat which is his ultimate weapon for receiving team respect he deserves.. this is where Ash fails as a captain.. apart from that Dhoni knows how to play the captaincy knock and makes sure everyone in the team performs with him.. IND now ranked 2nd in ODI and 3rd in Test and soon they will take the 1st spot.. hope it helps
Old December 1, 2008, 06:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Need to do some calculations and work out if we need attacking or calm captain.. I think Mashrafe would be good choice, he has been consistent with the bowling, we don't expect lot of runs from him however occasionally he does surprise us with his superb stroke play.. Mashfiq would be another option, we don’t have very high expectation from him either, he proved to be very handy batsman and slowly improving his wicket keeping skills.. many of you already know he was a successful captain for under 19 team.. let's see how the poll ends.. for me I'll keep Shakib out of the equation

Last edited by tiger_club; December 1, 2008 at 08:14 PM..
Old December 1, 2008, 10:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Sakib is going to be the next captain. He needs some time to adjust in the mean while let ash do the job.
Old December 2, 2008, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Sakib is going to be the next captain. He needs some time to adjust in the mean while let ash do the job.

Let Sakib develop as a good cricketer first. Captaincy is a huge burden, and everyone here who is bashing Ash should fill his shoes for one test match against two superb teams like South africa and new Zealand.

also playing ODIs against the likes of India, Australia, and Sri lanka is no mean task.

There is no one else to fill the shoes of Captaincy at the moment, so give Ash a break.
Old December 3, 2008, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Maybe instead of having a captain, we could just have many associates. Share the burden????
Old December 3, 2008, 04:50 AM
Test Cricketer

by looking at the votes I don't think Ash will even consider Tushar to play for the team.. jealous
Old December 3, 2008, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

At this point of time no options available instead of Ashraful.

Shahriar Nafees would have been the best choice if he would have continued his form and did not join ICL.

Sakib may become a captain but not in near future. after 2011 WC if he continues to play, then he can be thought of to be the next one. Another name is Mushfiqur Rahim, but again after 2011 of he continues to play.

Not sure whom to vote, but voted for Sakib as he is the most likely one from the list because already he has shown some maturity and calmness in the field. Also seems he understands the game well and approaches to the game in the right way.
Old December 3, 2008, 01:14 PM
Test Cricketer

JO for the test and TI for ODI. But you have to Ash first.
Old December 4, 2008, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Ok where the F##K is Javed Omar's name on that list?
dont you value experience and wisdom u sh#t-heads!
Old December 4, 2008, 11:51 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: ash

couillon 2 bengali keep ash in positon i don't think other loozer can do better
Old December 4, 2008, 03:49 PM
Street Cricketer

we got ashraful why new captain so we can lose even more?
Old December 4, 2008, 03:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

welcome to BC 'prynce' and 'badger125' .
Old December 4, 2008, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Kinda strange how the poll creator has Junaid and Rakib as choices but why not Tamim?
Old December 4, 2008, 04:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Rajib should be the next captain.
Old December 4, 2008, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

Ash should get few more chances. lets see how he does in Home Condition. I think he will play sensibly from this Srilanka/Zimbabwe series, I got a feeling
Old December 4, 2008, 05:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
At this point of time no options available instead of Ashraful.
Good Point, lets Elect Mr. Bush as president one more time since other than Clinton, no one has 8 years of experience running the country!

Lets only eat rice since we are Bangali. Since we are not Japanese we should not eat Sushi.

Lets only keep Siddons as coach, since he is the only one under contract.

Lets keep the way things are, since we dont have any imagination.

Lets hope one day we all become a Millionaire and Ashraful as a nobel peace prize winner by playing cricket

Last edited by reyme; December 4, 2008 at 05:16 PM..
Old December 4, 2008, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Ash has the worst record as a captain leading any level of cricket.
Other than premier league, where matches are pretty much run by a club official anyways,
look at Ash' record as a captain. How many games Ash won even in practice matches?
At one point he was at a 9 game losing streak agaist Green teams.

Sakib, Mash, Mushfiq all beat his red team consistently in practice matches, although in many games he was given batting chances more than once. Heck, one time he batted 3 times, still lost the practice game.

Ashraful, by no mean, is a captain's materials. Its almost like asking him to ride a 777 Boeing.

Those of us, who still failed to realize that, after watching all these games, in last 2 years (including club games), must fail to realize the role and quality of captains.

Mushfiq or Sakib, both will do much better than Ash on any given day. It will not ruin their career since they know how to play under pressure. You need some brain besides talent to be a captain. And when the so called talent is wasted both off and on the field, then I say, its time to let him do what he does the best: bat at number 6, and thats it. Ash by no means good at leading a club team, let alone a test team.

Last edited by reyme; December 4, 2008 at 05:21 PM..
Old December 4, 2008, 06:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Good Point, lets Elect Mr. Bush as president one more time since other than Clinton, no one has 8 years of experience running the country!

Lets only eat rice since we are Bangali. Since we are not Japanese we should not eat Sushi.

Lets only keep Siddons as coach, since he is the only one under contract.

Lets keep the way things are, since we dont have any imagination.

Lets hope one day we all become a Millionaire and Ashraful as a nobel peace prize winner by playing cricket
Spot on!! Good to see someone using brains
Old December 4, 2008, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Ash has the worst record as a captain leading any level of cricket.
Other than premier league, where matches are pretty much run by a club official anyways,
look at Ash' record as a captain. How many games Ash won even in practice matches?
At one point he was at a 9 game losing streak agaist Green teams.

Sakib, Mash, Mushfiq all beat his red team consistently in practice matches, although in many games he was given batting chances more than once. Heck, one time he batted 3 times, still lost the practice game.

Ashraful, by no mean, is a captain's materials. Its almost like asking him to ride a 777 Boeing.

Those of us, who still failed to realize that, after watching all these games, in last 2 years (including club games), must fail to realize the role and quality of captains.

Mushfiq or Sakib, both will do much better than Ash on any given day. It will not ruin their career since they know how to play under pressure. You need some brain besides talent to be a captain. And when the so called talent is wasted both off and on the field, then I say, its time to let him do what he does the best: bat at number 6, and thats it. Ash by no means good at leading a club team, let alone a test team.
Post of the thread!! I don't understand why everyone so afraid of loosing Ash, this is the chance we should speak up... time and tide waits for none.. even Ash leaves the team doesn't mean that's the end of Bangladesh cricket.