facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 22, 2009, 12:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
as if you're hoping for that to happen.
not hoping for it to happen but the setup is ideal as it is - to drop mortaza from captaincy without giving him an opportunity is unfair and hasty but the truth is he will be injured again soon

Old December 22, 2009, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

bad decision to make a still injured mash captain. bowlers anyway don't usually make good captains and with his niggling injury the pressure on mash will be just too much. any personal fitness problems will have bad impact on the team's morale too.
they should have waited till mash was 100% fit.
Old December 22, 2009, 12:22 PM
Cricket Sage

I was well known news that BCb will give Mashrafee back his captaincy when he is healthy. Adn thats what they did, whether we like it or not (I am in the not category).

So I don't whats so fuss about this news? And why people think it has something to do with Apamoni Modon last game result?
Old December 22, 2009, 12:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

If Masri is really fit to play he can play but I doubt about his fitness. I don't think performance as hapani captain is really a concern for Shakib.
Old December 22, 2009, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I'd prefer to sit him out for at least one month even after he's been declared fully fit just to be on the safe side. What concerns me most is--from what I read in the recent article--his left knee is more prone to injury than the one that was operated on recently.
Old December 22, 2009, 01:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I don't know about this. Sounds like too much of a risk, especially given that another injury could virtually put an end to his career.
Why are they suddenly rushing Mash?
Old December 22, 2009, 01:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Its all due to the failure of Shakib in the DPL Final. The words of Abahani official came true. Few days ago Jalal said Shakib will be captain till the home series against England as Mash is not fit and out of match practice. And all of a sudden they declared Mash captain.

Ei shala der board theke lathi mere ber kore deya uchit!!!! Abahani Mohamedan,,,my a$$$$ faltu clubs and their officials!!!
Old December 22, 2009, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

The problem is not with having Mashrafee as the captain, the problem is some people fear they are rushing him back for no reason.
Old December 22, 2009, 01:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by murad
its all due to the failure of shakib in the dpl final. The words of abahani official came true. Few days ago jalal said shakib will be captain till the home series against england as mash is not fit and out of match practice. And all of a sudden they declared mash captain.

Ei shala der board theke lathi mere ber kore deya uchit!!!! Abahani mohamedan,,,my a$$$$ faltu clubs and their officials!!!
যা আশংকা করলাম তাই হলো। এই হাড় বজ্জাত গুলাই শব শেষ করলো। নিজেদের তো কোন কিছু করার মুরোদ নেই। শুধু দলবাজী।
Old December 22, 2009, 01:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
bad decision to make a still injured mash captain. bowlers anyway don't usually make good captains and with his niggling injury the pressure on mash will be just too much. any personal fitness problems will have bad impact on the team's morale too.
they should have waited till mash was 100% fit.
I disagree. Bowlers are not given the opportunity enough for captaincy partly due to the factor that they are more likely to be more injured than a batting captain. There is nothing that says that a bowler can't be a good captain. Imran, Vettori, Warne ( domestic ) to name a few good ones. Its in fact much easier for a bowler to be a captain. A few good balls getting a batting captain and all of a sudden he is under pressure to perform with bat. Whereas, with a bowler, a bad ball and he can go back to the mark and prepare for the next delivery.
Old December 22, 2009, 01:52 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't think Mash will play at the end. This is just a way Jalal and Co letting Shakib know he is not good enough as a captain.
Old December 22, 2009, 01:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

A bad move by BCB.
Old December 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
A bad move by BCB.
not really because mash is the actual captain, and if he is fit to be back and destroy other teams

Last edited by revolver; December 22, 2009 at 02:08 PM..
Old December 22, 2009, 02:06 PM
Cricket Guru

He is not totally fit how he will lead
Old December 22, 2009, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

^^^^
if he aint fit then why would it in the article that he will lead
Old December 22, 2009, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

As many people already pointed out - the question not whether Mash can be a good captain, question is whether it is right to declare Mash as the captain without first confirming his fitness.

Selectors have been told to delay the declaration of the final squad to have max time to assess fitness of different players, so why now BCB rushing to declare the captain?!

Again, I think it's a political move by the Abahani camp (that's now running BCB) to tell Shakib that he is not desired as a captain anymore.
Old December 22, 2009, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
As many people already pointed out - the question not whether Mash can be a good captain, question is whether it is right to declare Mash as the captain without first confirming his fitness.

Selectors have been told to delay the declaration of the final squad to have max time to assess fitness of different players, so why now BCB rushing to declare the captain?!

Again, I think it's a political move by the Abahani camp (that's now running BCB) to tell Shakib that he is not desired as a captain anymore.
Political Move before one of the most important tours for this year!
Old December 22, 2009, 02:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

This move was just a way to disrespect our national captain. I hope Shakib gets the support of the players in such difficult time and I also hope he performs and extinguishes all the fire.
Old December 22, 2009, 02:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen

I don't buy this. sorry
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 22, 2009, 02:51 PM
Cricket Sage

I doubt its a political move. These players plays for year by year basis. At the end of the season, there is no message to be sent to a player.

From club point of view, if they don't like a players performance, next thing they can do at the end of the season is to not try to resign him next year. So I doubt there was any message sent to Shakib.

However it may be very much possible that from national team point of view they (BCB) are not satisfied with Sakib's local performance, and that's where they sent the message (may be). But then, if that is true, I don't see its driven by any club's politics as sending the message is going to hurt the club to resign him next year as these superstar (regardless their performance) choose team (waiting in line) the highest bidder... not the other way around.

Thats why you see that after critcism from Naanu (Modon coach) two years back about Aftab and Ashraful; they again considered themselved to be lucky enough to get back these players again in Modon uniform.

Local teams cannot send any signal to superstars... its the opposite ... i.e. superstars send signal to local teams.

Last edited by Fazal; December 22, 2009 at 03:03 PM..
Old December 22, 2009, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I disagree. Bowlers are not given the opportunity enough for captaincy partly due to the factor that they are more likely to be more injured than a batting captain. There is nothing that says that a bowler can't be a good captain. Imran, Vettori, Warne ( domestic ) to name a few good ones. Its in fact much easier for a bowler to be a captain. A few good balls getting a batting captain and all of a sudden he is under pressure to perform with bat. Whereas, with a bowler, a bad ball and he can go back to the mark and prepare for the next delivery.
beamer bhai, bowler captains usually tend to either underbowl or overbowl themselves. all the good bowler captains were capable batsmen too btw.
injury is a factor that you have to consider. the discontinuity in management for a captain who misses 6 months out the playing year is a big problem for the team. cricket unfortunately does not have the concept of a non-playing captain.
Old December 22, 2009, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
osadharon avatar !
Old December 22, 2009, 03:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Neel bhai

My point being there is no tangible proof that bowlers can't be good captains. They just don't get opportunities. Injury concern is the primary issue. But, I think, mentally they have less pressure than say a batsman for reasons I mentioned before. I do agree, however, that they tend to over or under bowl. And, they also bat better when they become captains. Vettori, Imran are two prime examples.
Old December 22, 2009, 03:55 PM
Cricket Guru

This sudden story of Mash captaincy may have some other internal matters involving Sakib that we are not aware of. I hate to speculate, but, something don't smell right. If Mash is the captain, then he must be nearing full fitness, and that is a bigger news to me.
Old December 22, 2009, 06:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
"A selection from the 26-member squad of the preliminary national team camp will play a practice one-day match against Mohammedan Sporting Club at the Shere Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Saturday, December 26, 2009," a release from the BCB said.
It would be Fair for Tamim (If fit) Ash, Aftab and Riad to play for MSC, as it would open up some spaces to get more players from the 26 players to get some practice in.