facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2010, 05:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bura
we did tour NZ recently.
And you forgot the scores in first two ODIs?

Old March 2, 2010, 05:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
And failed terribly, to put put it in one word
not really. Go back and search results of other teams in NZ, especially in Test. And go back and search when was the last time we scored nearly 700 runs outside Bangladesh.
Old March 2, 2010, 05:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
and you forgot couple of hundreds and five fors? When did that last happened in Nz?
Old March 2, 2010, 05:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
and you forgot couple of hundreds and five fors? When did that last happened in Nz?
True, that was new. But then again some of the NZ pitches are much flatter now and NZ team is worse than I remember seeing them in this decade.
Old March 2, 2010, 05:39 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, I never tried to deny that some of the batsmen (especially Riyad and Tamim) have improved in last two years. But as a team, Bangladesh ODI side seamed to have gone backward.
Old March 2, 2010, 05:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
True, that was new. But then again some of the NZ pitches are much flatter now and NZ team is worse than I remember seeing them in this decade.
they still won against Aus! Point is this Nz team might not be as strong as Flemming's Nz but its not bad either. I would take consistent performance like we are doing these days over one happy go crazy win and 10 pathetic losses any day any time.
Old March 2, 2010, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

So any chance Nasir gets to play in the 3rd ODI?
Old March 2, 2010, 05:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Dropped catches, weak throws, keeping fumbles, no pace department what so ever - sorry, still not seeing any shape.
Dropped catches, weak throw- well salauddin was out fielding coach, I thought he was suppose to be coming back? or did it read it wrong?

keeping fumbles- mushy can and will do what he is capable of doing, its up to the management to realize who's good and what, and use them appropriately. Unfortunately i don't see mushy becoming a world class wicket keeper over night, we really need to look at other option, we can at least give some one else a go and see what they have to offer.

pace department- we had a some what decent pace department and then it disappeared, literally disappeared. Mash- Injury, and don't get me started about his belly. Rasel- Injury, and not being used properly by the management. Robin- he is not even around to work with the coach, we have seen what he can offer, but someone's got to work with him to make something out of him. but how? management has no intention what so ever? Shahadat- well according to him its the coaches fault, whatever it is he seems lost thats for sure.

and that leaves us with Shaiful and Rubel- both combined don't even have 20 matches under their belt, and we are expecting them to lead our pace attack.
Old March 2, 2010, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
they still won against Aus! Point is this Nz team might not be as strong as Flemming's Nz but its not bad either. I would take consistent performance like we are doing these days over one happy go crazy win and 10 pathetic losses any day any time.
That's your choice - to be happy with individual achievements. I am more concerned about the team as a whole.
Old March 2, 2010, 05:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
BTW, I never tried to deny that some of the batsmen (especially Riyad and Tamim) have improved in last two years. But as a team, Bangladesh ODI side seamed to have gone backward.
yes thats need to be sorted out. And thats what we all are looking for and some are expecting will happen soon.

First target, find a replacement of Aftab.
Second, target get the morons outs of BCB and don't let them get the disease of Pakistan
Old March 2, 2010, 05:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
That's your choice - to be happy with individual achievements. I am more concerned about the team as a whole.
believe me those inconsistent performances hurt us even more than doing good. Its never good to depend on a single person.

I am not happy with individual performances. I am saying we now have more persons to rely on, other than the one and only bl**dy fool.

Last edited by bura; March 2, 2010 at 05:51 PM..
Old March 2, 2010, 05:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
believe me those inconsistent performances hurt us even more than doing good. Its never good to depend on a single person.
It's not, I know that. What I am saying is - all those claims about the team have improved don't hold water. There may be some individual improvement here and there, but none of the batting, bowling, or the fielding side have improved enough to regularly throw challenge to stronger teams. Especially bowling and fielding have gone way too backward to compensate for any improvement in batting.
Old March 2, 2010, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Mehh mehh. I shouldnt bother posting in BD section of BC. I love the rest of BC except this section. Emotions too high. Some people who just post in this section get too offensive. Thanks to Razab bro for closing the Rod Tucker thread. We really have to move on and not rip each other apart on here.
Old March 2, 2010, 06:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Really?!!! So how many matches we have won so far, against G8, on non-Eid days?
there have been quite a number of games we would have won if not for umpiring decisions. india in 2007, today's match, a bunch of others i can't remember, not to mention all the other close games were we genuinely messed up...and then the test performances of last year or two.

i'm just as frustrated, especially when its beyond our control like umpiring, but at the same time, rome was built in a day, and the only cricket team to hit road running was Pakistan...and there history was totally different from ours...plus they may be naturally more gifted athletically than us.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2010, 06:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Asad, yes, Rome was not built in a day, but Rome would not be there at all if one building in the city was falling down when builders were working on another one.

Our current coaching staff is only concentrating on developing batsmen. Even then, there don't seem to be any strategy for them to follow how to handle different parts of an innings.
Old March 2, 2010, 07:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Our current coaching staff is only concentrating on developing batsmen. Even then, there don't seem to be any strategy for them to follow how to handle different parts of an innings.
This part I totally agree with, I understand that batting has always been one of our main concern, but that doesn't mean it should be our concern. I never read anything that our coach or coaching staff has to say about our bowling department, I don't like this. Miraz bhai is it possible for you to get a hold of Champaka and get his interview?
Old March 2, 2010, 07:04 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, we won matches in past even with bad umpires. Umpiring would be non-issue if our fielders held onto couple more catches or if batsmen scored 20 more runs.
Old March 2, 2010, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

the improvements are quite vivid. I would like to remind people about our wc07, we did win two games, but what about the others? We lost every other game miserably. And compared to that we are doing much better, we haven't been thoroughly outplayed by a team in recent times(barring 2-3 games). And given a year with the current bunch we will challenge big teams everyday.
On another note, did anyone notice shafi/rubel were as quick as, if not quicker than broad,bresnan. Which is another good sign, we never had a genuine quick attack before. Groomed properly these blokes will do wonders for BD

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 2, 2010, 07:38 PM
Cricket Guru

beshideshi, what's your definition of being out played?

Here is our results in last two years - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...m;view=results

On average, we lost matches against G7 by 5-6 wickets. We even lost 4 ODIs against Zimbabwe in the time period!
Old March 2, 2010, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Mehh mehh. I shouldnt bother posting in BD section of BC. I love the rest of BC except this section. Emotions too high. Some people who just post in this section get too offensive. Thanks to Razab bro for closing the Rod Tucker thread. We really have to move on and not rip each other apart on here.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. sure, these arguments may get out of hand at times, but we all want the same thing. Its nice to see points from each side as you can always learn more and more. Things can be boring if we all agree on the same stuff.

And about you not wanting to post in this section...if you can't handle the fire, get the f out of the kitchen!
Old March 2, 2010, 07:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Though most of the fans are really frustrated, I am happy with the way the team has been playing for last one year. We left those days far behind when we used to get out below 200 regularly and once in a while pushed the opponent on the wall. Now the very young team is playing good cricket almost every game. Due to lack of experience we are not able to finish the matches properly on a positive note. On the other hand, we must not forget that we are the biggest victim of poor umpiring for a long time.

Now look at the team.
We have a good opening pair now. Tamim is already a world class opener and Imrul is a good opener in Bangladeshi standard. I hope both of them will continue to improve.

Our No. 3 and No.4 positions are the places which hurt us most. We must find good mature batsmen for these two positions.

At No. 5, 6, 7 and 8 we have Shakib, Mushy, Riad and Nayeem. All of them are improving day by day and have all the signs to be top international standard players.

We have a good pace attack now with 3 pacers who can hit 140+ regularly. With Mash being fit and in form we will have a top pace attack.

Our spin dept is also a good one consisting of Shakib, Riyad, Naeem and Razzak.

All we need is to have two good matured batsmen at No.3 and 4 and we will be able to win matches regularly.
I agree with your thread title. Just that BD team needs to be at it all the time. WIN is ours Inshallah. People who screaming with frustration, creating silly thread and asking for change, needs chill out.
Old March 2, 2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
He did not. He just did not care. Those 2 scores included, only showed an UPWARD TREND.

Last edited by NKVD; March 2, 2010 at 08:28 PM..
Old March 2, 2010, 08:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Go Bangladesh!!!
Go Strong Tigers!!!
Old March 2, 2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ehsen - Winning and losing may be a binary form of life to you, but building the skill set to achieve a win requires a lot of partitioned improvements, that happen over time.

Most people understand that - that's why they focus on the building blocks.

We are all concerned with the team as a whole - but the only palpable variable associated with it is the final result.

You are essentially saying that you only care about a WIN, and nothing more.

I wish you were an Australian.

Correction: You should wish you were an Australian.
Old March 2, 2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's not, I know that. What I am saying is - all those claims about the team have improved don't hold water. There may be some individual improvement here and there, but none of the batting, bowling, or the fielding side have improved enough to regularly throw challenge to stronger teams. Especially bowling and fielding have gone way too backward to compensate for any improvement in batting.
How has the bowling gone backward ?

Is it because Rafique has retired ?

Is it because Shakib has become a better bowler ?

Is it because Mash has a broken body now and is no longer in his prime ?

Is it because Razzak does not play anymore ?

Is it because Shahadat is no longer the Imran Khan of world bowling ?