facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2011, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

we can't afford...because we don't have someone like Kallis or Abdur Razzaq (pk) in our team..

Old February 25, 2011, 08:31 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Very, I repeat, very bad idea.
Old February 25, 2011, 08:44 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

GRRRRRRR!!!! One pacer???? Don't get me started!
Old February 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
*like*
Old February 25, 2011, 09:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I am no fan of one FB.

Plus Shafiul was great in this match. And Rubel was the best bowler against India. In this game Rubel was not bad.
exactly. can't drop the pacers after they've taken turns being the best bowler on display in he first two games.

we have enough spin options. even ash looked a pretty decent spinner...he was quite accurate. besides, our attack will look one-dimensional if we pack it with spinners as we just have SLAs and off spinners. having a leg spinner would have been interesting (ash is a much better offie than he is a leggie).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 26, 2011, 02:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Very very very bad idea. Yesterday Shafiul has proven that if you can bowl with your heart and brain then you can buy something even from this slow wicket as a pace bowler.

We will need one to start the inning and bowl in the mid overs and another one for the last part of the innings.
Old February 26, 2011, 02:28 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

IMO, we should drop Naeem and pick up Nazmul. Look at it this way. Nazmul is a better bowler than Naeem. And Naeem can't bat. And with a long tail like the last game, it only makes the top order play more carefree or rather carelessly. Batting should end with Ashraful. From then an it should be all bowlers.

Ashraful
Razzak
Shafiul
Rubel
Nazmul
Old February 26, 2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
IMO, we should drop Naeem and pick up Nazmul. Look at it this way. Nazmul is a better bowler than Naeem. And Naeem can't bat. And with a long tail like the last game, it only makes the top order play more carefree or rather carelessly. Batting should end with Ashraful. From then an it should be all bowlers.

Ashraful
Razzak
Shafiul
Rubel
Nazmul
There is a high=level school of thought that says if your top 7 batsmen don't do it for you, you are making a mistake picking 8 batsmen when u should be teaching the top 7 to be better!

i am not a huge fan of filling teams with 'bits and pieces' cricketers. I feel a team should be selected on the players PRIMARY skill (best batters and best bowlers first).

There will be players who can perform with two skills (genuine all rounders) and they save a place, but not at the expense of the primary skill players if they are better.

Just my personal view. I like to have the strongest team I can going out onto the field to bat and to bowl.
Old February 26, 2011, 03:42 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

Ashraful
Razzak
Shafiul
Rubel
Nazmul
that tail is too long... considering Ashraful won't score more than Rubel...
Old February 26, 2011, 03:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think we should go with two pacers at this moment, Rubel was the best bowler in IND game and Shafiul the best in IRE game. Just wait till they both click.

Also, i really don't believe in the jibberish called "winning combination". Just because we won a game doesn't mean everything was perfect. I do not know what the think tank is thinking, but if they brought in Ashraful as a lower order batsman who will bowl 6-7 overs, they succeeded. Otherwise it wasn't really wise. And remember, other teams won't be so kind against Ashraful's spin.

So, if I had to pick Shuvo/Najmul for someone, it would be in place of Ashraful. Naeem is a much better bowler than Ashraful, a much, much better fielder and judging by the recent records a better batsman.
Old February 26, 2011, 04:03 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I don't want our attack to be one dimensional. We already have bowlers who could bowl 30 overs of spin... if the pitch offers any assistance then those 30 overs is good enough for Shakib, Razzak and the third spinner to apply their magic and run through the middle order. I
In the match against Ireland one thing I noticed was that not a single batter went down the pitch as our spinners floated the ball up... against good batsman/sides this will not be the case [just like we found out against India...]. Under lights Shafiul was finding considerable movement and in the end won us this game so our Pacers have a huge role to play in this world-cup...spinning track or not
Old February 26, 2011, 04:14 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I am confused, is Pont agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Ah shoot, I made a mistake on my post.

Quote:
And with a long tail like the last game, it only makes the top order play more carefree or rather carelessly
I meant to say "with a long batting line up like the last game" not "tail"

I want 3 pacers and a Razzak, with one of 4 ALR from Ash, Naeem, Riyad and Shuvo.

Last edited by Dilscoop; February 26, 2011 at 04:20 AM..
Old February 26, 2011, 04:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskills
Zunaid is in a good form. There is no way we should drop him. We should probably bring Shuvo and drop Ashraful. Razzak does not have teeth anymore, so bringing Shuvo would be a good idea. Leave Ryad out of XI. He is out of form. We still need a good pacer besides Shafiul, but we don't have any at this moment. So we have to keep Rubel in XI.
how come you are thinking of dropping Razzak......He is our most experienced spinner..and he is bowling well.
Old February 26, 2011, 04:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

Some of you are again saying Shuvo should be brought back. Does that make sense? Most of the WI top and middle order batsmen are left handers, so what's the point of having 3 left arm spinners in the XI?

I would rather say, bring in Riad or keep Ash. Probably Riad would be the better option cuz I don't think Ash will be able to trouble the WI batsmen, and I'm sure his bat will be too shy to score runs as always.

And having just one pacer doesn't make sense too.
Old February 26, 2011, 04:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I don't want our attack to be one dimensional. We already have bowlers who could bowl 30 overs of spin... if the pitch offers any assistance then those 30 overs is good enough for Shakib, Razzak and the third spinner to apply their magic and run through the middle order. I
In the match against Ireland one thing I noticed was that not a single batter went down the pitch as our spinners floated the ball up... against good batsman/sides this will not be the case [just like we found out against India...]. Under lights Shafiul was finding considerable movement and in the end won us this game so our Pacers have a huge role to play in this world-cup...spinning track or not
Absolutely! WI, Eng or SA batsmen will obviously use their feet to tackle our spin, and it's almost certain that Ash will leak a plenty against these sides. Probably Naeem too!
Old February 26, 2011, 05:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I love how you bat for your pacers coach, their very lucky to have someone who backs them under any circumstance.

The only reason why I brought it up is because, of the West Indies tendencies to succumb to spin. It was merely a oneoff suggestion.

The Last time we faced the Windies in the Subcontinent was in 2007 (Champions Trophy) and all they did was Hit Across the line since the pitch was placid, I even Remember Aftab doing it vs there Express pacers, walking across the line and having a go with great success.
Old February 26, 2011, 05:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
This is the game! Win and we can Touch the QF

Botha and Tahir ripped right through them, WI batsmen had no Footwork they were clueless on how to play the spin.

Pack the side with Spinners who can 40-45 overs (Ash, Ryaid, Naeem all 3), the overs will tick by and they wont realize how many dot balls they've wasted.

3 overs of Rubel will not do

Shaiful & Razzak to open and than Shak has to rotate the other bowlers to never get them comfortable
R u saying u knows the game better than Shakib?

Ok everyone, just relax, we have the best man on the job to think about team selection and strategies. And if anyone think other way, watch the Ireland innings over and over and make sure volume is set on high so you can listen Gavaskar and Shamim clearly.

thanks.
Old February 26, 2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I love how you bat for your pacers coach, their very lucky to have someone who backs them under any circumstance.

The only reason why I brought it up is because, of the West Indies tendencies to succumb to spin. It was merely a oneoff suggestion.

The Last time we faced the Windies in the Subcontinent was in 2007 (Champions Trophy) and all they did was Hit Across the line since the pitch was placid, I even Remember Aftab doing it vs there Express pacers, walking across the line and having a go with great success.
I don't want to change how we beat NZ 4-0 and Zim 3-1.... swing and pace up front, early wickets, then throw the ball to the spinners to choke the match.

I don't see why we would change that ESPECIALLY since Rubel was our best bowler in WC match one and Shafiul in WC match two... NOT the spinners.
Old February 26, 2011, 08:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

It will be a blunder to take one pacer! If yesterdays we took one pacer we might have been lost. For WI we need to take bowlers who are comfortable against left handers because WI are packed up with lefty (Gayle, Shiv, Bravo, Smith).
Old February 26, 2011, 08:14 AM
Banned

you know what, lets just banish all pacers from bangladesh. Forget there is such a thing as fast bowling.

you guys want to know something? Brett Lee was found when he was 10. They worked on his action for 10 years, and look at him.

one of the most beautiful aspects of cricket is fast bowling. I love seeing Steyn and Anderson majestically control the ball. its amazing. I hope Bangladesh one day can display that talent.
Old February 26, 2011, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
at last I agree with you in some thing. I want three pacers. With Shakib in the team we can afford Nazmul in place of any of the bit piece all rounders like sir Ash or Nayeem. Dont tell me Ash did take two wickets and revitalize the team so he deserves to be in the team. His job was to bat not to bowl and he carelessly get out. I did not saw any intention from his part to graft . My team would be
  1. TK
  2. IK
  3. JS / SN
  4. Mushy
  5. Rock
  6. Shak
  7. Nayeem
  8. Raj
  9. Shafi
  10. Rubel
  11. Naz
we have five full time bowlers and Nayeem as back up. If we still want to bolstar our batting bring Riyad in place of Raj
Old February 26, 2011, 09:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

1 Pacer? Forget about pacer or spinner, we must play with our best bowling unit. That's Shakib, Shafiul, Rubel & Razzak. Rest are part timers. You just cant leave Rubel & Shafiul out at the moment.
Old February 26, 2011, 09:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

one pacer is the worst idea. If we had 4 Swann's still a bad idea.
Old February 26, 2011, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
love the reaction!
Old February 26, 2011, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

That would be pretty dumb. You have enough spin options anyhow as it is. And SA can afford to play more spinners because they still have 3 pace options.