facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 26, 2011, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
1. Can you cope with the media misquoting you, making up a story to fill a space or speculate about something unimportant like the toss of a coin

2. How will you manage the fans' expectation that Bangladesh are on the verge of being the best team of all time and winning every trophy they compete for, rather than realising progress is slow and painful

3. How likely is it you can get any player to accept responsibility for their own actions

4. Is there any chance of having you bring together everyone who has their own agenda, to instead have the same common goal of seeing the national team a massive success

5. Are you prepared to be blocked at every turn when you try to bring in something that will help with player development

.... ok tongue in cheek but you get my drift
Ian bro, you seem a little angry since you've come back on this

Old May 27, 2011, 01:04 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Ian bro, you seem a little angry since you've come back on this
NOOOOOO not angry..

You missing my point. These are things that might need addressing by someone before they can do their coaching of the national team properly. And if you are smart, you will work out they are all things JS talked about at various times in his four years in the role.
Old May 27, 2011, 01:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
NOOOOOO not angry..

You missing my point. These are things that might need addressing by someone before they can do their coaching of the national team properly. And if you are smart, you will work out they are all things JS talked about at various times in his four years in the role.
Jamie Siddons did always talk about decentralization. . .
How much did JS trust you with the bowlers?
And how you been mate? Liking the weather in London
Old May 27, 2011, 02:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Dear Coach,
you still dint respond to my 5 questions regarding the 2015 world cup , just wanna know ur repsonse, coz ur silence might give me a wrong impression. Anyways, i hope u do understand we are an emptional bunch, prolly more emotional abt our cricket than india(trust me), or any nation in universe....and i hope u dont get us wrong regarding whatever questions we put forward....thanks sir! much appreciated
Old May 27, 2011, 05:26 AM
Street Cricketer

^^You can't really expect him to answer questions as if you're interviewing him- otherwise, he'd probably be asked to answer everybody else's questions as well just for fair measure, and he'd end up being "interviewed" a dozen different times for almost no reason. I'm sure you're curious and all what his answers would be, but you asked him once to answer your questions, repeating yourself is a little bit rude. What does it even mean that his silence would "give me the wrong impression " Sorry if I sound like an asshole, your comment just sort of irked me.
Old May 27, 2011, 02:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Chill mate......wasnt at all sounding rude....come on...i know he'd be readin this...and even for that i am thanking him.......you are right abt that part, its only my curiosity, nothing else...and nothing to do with him perosnally......
Old June 1, 2011, 04:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hmm, five questions to ask the future head coach of Team BD........hey....I don't even have the job description for that. Can I have a look at the job description first?
Old June 4, 2011, 05:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Five Questions for someone coming to BD to coach:

1. Are you committed to BD or just enhancing your CV
2. As soon as your own country comes calling with a better job will you jump ship
3. As soon as a higher ranked country comes calling with a better job will you jump ship
4. You are leaving the IPL (if relevant). Why is that? Did you get found out?
5. Are you prepared to hold hands with the President of the BCB
Old September 18, 2011, 09:38 PM
Street Cricketer

No question!
Old September 18, 2011, 09:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Pacey
No question!
Khub buddhimaner proshno!
Old September 19, 2011, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Had any of the former coaches of Bd cricket team given or faced an interview? As far as i know they Just drop a CV and Thats it. BCB selects them on the basis of CV and some meaningless reason.
Old September 19, 2011, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

1) You have watched the Challenge cup matches so far, is there anyone else other than the 15 from national side that got your attention?
Old September 20, 2011, 12:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Even if it were "tongue in cheek" I took exception to Ian's second point. Yes, there is a level expectation that is not matched by the skills and mental fortitude of our young players. But, we do not expect to win everything they compete in. It was not too much to expect to move to next round in WC at our home conditions especilly at the heels of our success over NZ. We expected to better Zimbabwe and that was not wishing to snatch the proverbial pie in the sky. I fell a bit insulted by Ian's lack of understanding of BD fans.
Old October 24, 2013, 01:49 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
Even if it were "tongue in cheek" I took exception to Ian's second point. Yes, there is a level expectation that is not matched by the skills and mental fortitude of our young players. But, we do not expect to win everything they compete in. It was not too much to expect to move to next round in WC at our home conditions especilly at the heels of our success over NZ. We expected to better Zimbabwe and that was not wishing to snatch the proverbial pie in the sky. I fell a bit insulted by Ian's lack of understanding of BD fans.
I read this back and thought I understood fans' expectation very well indeed.

Just a simple read on this site ("we are the best team/we are the worst team") shows what a challenge coaching in BD can be. That's why I think Shane has done very well to level out expectations (fast bowling aside) since he's been HC
Old October 24, 2013, 02:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Fans will be like this.

It's not only us Dav Whatmore now and Ian Chappel, Mickey Arthur all took heavy criticisms as HC from fans.

It's not only cricket. David Moyes is ruining Man U - that's the sentiment of millions of fans and they want him sacked.

Coaches don't need to understand fans. They need to understand the game and train the players.