facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 19, 2017, 01:38 PM
Cricket Sage

So now you want ready made players dropped from the tree and wala.... and we expect they will start performing?

The reality is not like that. new players still need to be monitored, nurtured, tried, given opportunity to try and fail and learn and we need to be patient with them. Not all of them will be successful, some will fail and some will be the next superstar.

Just because Tushar Imran failed in past or SS may be struggling at present doesn't mean we need to castigate our new breed before we gave them enough chance or even gave them any chance. Litton is a perfect example. Litton came after great success in local, he had some mixed result with some weakness identified, he went back again dominated in local and most likely will get another chance. He is young he is talented. He was dropped and he will most likely be back to show how much he has polished further...this is the way it should be .... there is nothing wrong with that....that's the process how we will find out who is real and who is not for the next level.

There is no harm to identify our new breed of talents to broader fan base (because most of us are not very familiar with them).

its much better thread than a thread like our mid aged (cricket career wise) captain cry like a baby infront of the whole world complaining he was unfairly criticized.

Old July 19, 2017, 01:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Don't think we have any future star in our team or domestic arena at the moment. Most of our upcoming players really quite mediocre to be honest.

Our future looks extremely bleak.
Old July 19, 2017, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Some of you dont seem to fathom the fact that we have gradually closed the skill gap and raised the bar since our test debut. There was a time of Javed omar and al shahriar when even steve tikolo seemed like a class apart. Javed Omar, Rokon etc made international cricket look extremely difficult.. and it wasnt their fault. The gap in skills was very high at the time. Then came Asraful Bashar Rajin etc who made things look slightly easier. In 2007 When Tamim and Shakib and Mushy won vs india.. finally it signalled the arrival of a generation that could (at least occasionally) match the skill levels with the best. The point is Yes! it took time and lots of chances for the previous generations but that was 10 years ago and since then we have gradually closed the gap and are on the same lvl as current Sri Lanka if not better. The bar was set very low 10 yrs ago. Now we are a higher ranked team with a different standard and the expectation from a newcomer. While we shouldnt expect youngsters to set the world alight, we also dont expect them to be as poor as Soumya Shabbir etc in recent times. I guess i am a bit sour about the Champions Trophy where not a single youngster stepped up.
Lot of youngster failed in Champions Trophy, especially in batting. Don't remember any youngster really stepping up for their team in CT. Only for Pakistan, you had bowlers like Hasan Ali who made the difference. Yes, most of us expected them to do well, but they didn't. I wouldn't be to harsh on them seeing how other youngsters performed for their team. It should definitely play a big part in their development for sure. I'm very confident with Sabbir, Soumya, Mosa. They have something different, and at such an young age, all of them look very classy. You see, the older batch didn't look so classy from the get-go.. they had to work on it. These guys from the start, already look like beast... give them time before they start to produce performances.
Old July 19, 2017, 02:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Where's Pinak Ghosh?
Old July 19, 2017, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Where's Pinak Ghosh?
Had some hype here in BC, died off. Some members mentioned his love for food leading to bad fitness.

Didn't really perform at domestic level.
Who knows maybe in the future he can revive his career?
Old July 19, 2017, 02:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

If I can recall clearly, someone dug up a thread from 2006 that first featured Pinak as a prodigy.
Old July 19, 2017, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Some of you dont seem to fathom the fact that we have gradually closed the skill gap and raised the bar since our test debut. There was a time of Javed omar and al shahriar when even steve tikolo seemed like a class apart. Javed Omar, Rokon etc made international cricket look extremely difficult.. and it wasnt their fault. The gap in skills was very high at the time. Then came Asraful Bashar Rajin etc who made things look slightly easier. In 2007 When Tamim and Shakib and Mushy won vs india.. finally it signalled the arrival of a generation that could (at least occasionally) match the skill levels with the best. The point is Yes! it took time and lots of chances for the previous generations but that was 10 years ago and since then we have gradually closed the gap and are on the same lvl as current Sri Lanka if not better. The bar was set very low 10 yrs ago. Now we are a higher ranked team with a different standard and the expectation from a newcomer. While we shouldnt expect youngsters to set the world alight, we also dont expect them to be as poor as Soumya Shabbir etc in recent times. I guess i am a bit sour about the Champions Trophy where not a single youngster stepped up.
I agree they have closed the gap with other teams. Infact right now Bangladesh are better than Lanka.

However one needs to accept the fact that Tamim and Mushy took a lot of time. They had 100 matches under their belt by the time they started performing consistently.

Truth is if most cricketers are given as much opportunity as mushy or Tamim, not only in sense of match caps but in terms of facilities, importance, etc they too would have improved vastly.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 19, 2017, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Litton, Shanto, Mohammad Saifuddin .... national team is knocking thier door.

Miraj, Mussadek will continue with the national team.

SS may take a break
Old July 19, 2017, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
If I can recall clearly, someone dug up a thread from 2006 that first featured Pinak as a prodigy.
Was called a prodigy when he was a baby. I think that's the worst thing that could have happened to him. It was largely hype machine at work. But the kid is only 18 years old. Still time to turn it around. But the pics I saw of him now, looks chubby. Not a good sign.
Old July 19, 2017, 06:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

In the more recent future I see liton, shanto, saifuddin and miraz coming more to the fore. Assuming they continue to get chances and are given decent runs and proper guidance . Miraz for example needs to be nurtured very carefully, he in particular needs to have a balance that works because we eventually want to utilise his bowling and batting skill, my personal belief on him is that we need his bowling developed more so that should be he priority right now but still enough needs to be given to his batting so it still improves as well.

Sabbir and Soumya can become very good players but they to need proper guidance, they need to be mature, motivated and overall professional, then we will see them blossom. Guys like smith, Kohli, Williamson, root, their work ethic needs to be emphasised, make no mistake they are the best because they work the hardest. At this level talent is only part of it, need the right attitude, right coaches and right work ethic to climb to the top of the tree. The players need to be hungry to succeed long term.
Old July 20, 2017, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Two more names mentioned in Isam's article in cricinfo:

• Afif Hossain ( all-rounder)
  • Zakir Hasan ( opener and WK and a great fielder, can play very well against FB)

They are further in the line... but if everthing goes well who knows we may see by 2019.

btw very good article how groundwork laid down by BCB is now giving dividend tracking down "impact players" from all around bangladesh.
Old July 21, 2017, 02:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Here is the link: Interview with Helmot

Quote:
Any specific names you would like to mention as future stars…

I think [Abu Haider] Rony bowled very well. He was probably the leader of our attack. I was also happy with the development of Ebadat Hossain.

Old July 21, 2017, 05:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Great to hear about rony and ebadat. Really do need to start giving some of these young guys experience, at worst they are WC back-ups so they def need a decent amount of experience by the time it rolls around.
Old December 7, 2017, 05:30 AM
Cricket Legend

My list: updated (BPL-2017).

Afif Hossain
Zakir Hasan
Liton Das
Hossain Ali
Nazmul Hossain Shanto
Old December 7, 2017, 05:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Where's Pinak Ghosh?
Pinak selected for the U-19 World Cup

Hope he does well.
Old December 7, 2017, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Zakir Afif has a lot of promise

Saif could become something big in test I think with his sloth batting :P
Old December 7, 2017, 10:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

What disapppoints me is that younger players like Bijoy,Liton,Mosaddek,Nasir have scored plenty of runs is domestic leagues but they looked ordinary in internationals.
On the contrary Soumya and Sabbir dont have grt domestic stats but had early international success.

Bottom line is regardless of the domestic performances the truth is we are not producing any international level cricketers.
Old December 8, 2017, 05:55 PM
Cricket Guru

If this is not exclusively for BD players then breetzke, Shaw, Gill, porel, kalicharran, Keemo Paul.

I think the world will get some surprises with Afghanistan once they start playing tests, they have a lot of young players doing really well in their FC system. They’ve got a couple of really good spinners in rashid and mujeeb, Nabi is solid although he maybe retire soon..they’ve always produced good pacers ever since they’ve been relevant in cricket and they have a lot of young batsmen doing well in their FC competition so I think they will be properly competitive if not from the beginning then within at least their first 5 years of test status.

Plenty of other good youngsters, hetmyer will probably turn out a good one, samarawickarama despite his poor start will probably turnout well.

Kids like Christensen from SA, t.ntini, mulder could turn out very nicely, Coetzee I think will be very very rapid but I’m not sure what other skills he brings but SA are great at developing talent so he also could be a terrific player.

For England joe Clarke and dan Lawrence are already very good and getting themselves talked about, u19 play will jacks is supposed to be good. Ben coad is a promising young fast bowler and joe roots brother billy root is also very good, he’s a bit older as he was focusing more on his studies until recently.
Old December 8, 2017, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
My list: updated (BPL-2017).

Afif Hossain
Zakir Hasan
Liton Das
Hossain Ali
Nazmul Hossain Shanto
Where is ariful anik mahedi
Old December 9, 2017, 05:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Similar to how NASA treats reaching future stars, I keep my expectations of the same magnitude for the past few years with new entrants who are expected to be amazing prior to joining the team.
Old December 9, 2017, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Where is ariful anik mahedi
Mehedi Hasan Miraz is already a established national player. I think his already like a star for us (especially in test cricket). Ariful, I am not sure about him. I don't think he can make it. If he does get selected good luck to him, will be curious to see how he does. Anik, seen him get battered in BPL, but still young. for some reason.. havent impressed me, didn't see anything special in him.
Old December 9, 2017, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Mehedi Hasan Miraz is already a established national player. I think his already like a star for us (especially in test cricket). Ariful, I am not sure about him. I don't think he can make it. If he does get selected good luck to him, will be curious to see how he does. Anik, seen him get battered in BPL, but still young. for some reason.. havent impressed me, didn't see anything special in him.
Anyone can be a star, when you are served dust bowls that spin more than a fidget spinner.

Mehedi is a hero,even a prodigy at the tracks of Bangladesh. But take him overseas and he will struggle A LOT.
Old December 9, 2017, 07:00 AM
Cricket Legend

That Hossain Ali bloke, excites me alot. He can be what Taskin never was. A good bowler.
Old December 9, 2017, 07:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Anyone can be a star, when you are served dust bowls that spin more than a fidget spinner.

Mehedi is a hero,even a prodigy at the tracks of Bangladesh. But take him overseas and he will struggle A LOT.
His meant to struggle overseas, even Sir Ashwin struggles.

Know any offspinners that do well on those SA/NZ/AUS/ENG wickets?

it's hard for sub continent spinners.
Old December 9, 2017, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
His meant to struggle overseas, even Sir Ashwin struggles.

Know any offspinners that do well on those SA/NZ/AUS/ENG wickets?

it's hard for sub continent spinners.
nathan lyon is consistent overseas and in subcontinent.