facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 15, 2019, 07:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
KW debut before my own eyes - he looked so young - and now he looks like a grandpa.

He deservedly won MOT. Shak fans should get over. He took his team to final. Shak could not.
As long as you're singing his praise without any mention of Shak it's fine. As soon as you bring Shak into the discussion you're only inviting trouble.

Let's compare a few things. Shak's worst score in 8 innings was 41. Kane surpassed 41 only 4 times in 9 innings. These are Kane's lowest scores: 27, 30, 40, 40, 41. Shak got 11 crucial wickets to Kane's 2. Shak won 3 MOMs to Kane's 2 and if we had won any other matches he would've won more.

Kane had a team. They can bat, bowl and field. Against SL he was neither required to bat nor bowl and his team still got the W. On the other hand, as the Iceland cricket team said, Shak was a one man army. He couldn't rely on his team mates to get out of the way of an on target throw that was hitting the stumps.

I'll leave you with two last points to consider:
1. If you replace Shak with Kane in the BD squad how many games do you think BD wins? One at most? I don't think they even win against Afg without Shak's 51 and 5/29.
2. With the world cup on the line and a super over to decide the fate, do you think Shak would shy away from batting? Heck he'd probably bowl the super over too.

Old July 15, 2019, 12:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
As long as you're singing his praise without any mention of Shak it's fine. As soon as you bring Shak into the discussion you're only inviting trouble.

Let's compare a few things. Shak's worst score in 8 innings was 41. Kane surpassed 41 only 4 times in 9 innings. These are Kane's lowest scores: 27, 30, 40, 40, 41. Shak got 11 crucial wickets to Kane's 2. Shak won 3 MOMs to Kane's 2 and if we had won any other matches he would've won more.

Kane had a team. They can bat, bowl and field. Against SL he was neither required to bat nor bowl and his team still got the W. On the other hand, as the Iceland cricket team said, Shak was a one man army. He couldn't rely on his team mates to get out of the way of an on target throw that was hitting the stumps.

I'll leave you with two last points to consider:
1. If you replace Shak with Kane in the BD squad how many games do you think BD wins? One at most? I don't think they even win against Afg without Shak's 51 and 5/29.
2. With the world cup on the line and a super over to decide the fate, do you think Shak would shy away from batting? Heck he'd probably bowl the super over too.
They considered MOT from Semi-final and Final.

I think, ICC should have had a special recognition for Shakib for getting more than 600 runs and 11 wickets, as that never had happened before. I could be wrong, but I also think he got max number of MOS tournament.
Old July 18, 2019, 05:59 AM
Street Cricketer

Kane Stuart Williamson is a New Zealand international cricket player and is currently the captain of the New Zealand national team.
Old July 18, 2019, 11:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaksh
Kane Stuart Williamson is a New Zealand international cricket player and is currently the captain of the New Zealand national team.
Oh really!!!
Thank you for the information.
Old July 18, 2019, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by icricket
They considered MOT from Semi-final and Final.

I think, ICC should have had a special recognition for Shakib for getting more than 600 runs and 11 wickets, as that never had happened before. I could be wrong, but I also think he got max number of MOS tournament.
No they didn't, as Williamson wasn't great in either

They gave it to the best player of the tournament who played the final and was present

Old July 19, 2019, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
KW debut before my own eyes - he looked so young - and now he looks like a grandpa.

He deservedly won MOT. Shak fans should get over. He took his team to final. Shak could not.
With Boult, Ferguson, Matt Henry instead of Mortaza and co. Bangladesh could have won the cup
Old July 19, 2019, 12:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
With Boult, Ferguson, Matt Henry instead of Mortaza and co. Bangladesh could have won the cup
with what batting army? Shakib alone can only do so much with the bat. Mushfiq still went missing in important times.
Old July 19, 2019, 01:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
with what batting army? Shakib alone can only do so much with the bat. Mushfiq still went missing in important times.
Bangladesh was still in top 4 batting wise with England, India, Australia, and with Boult and Feguson instead of duds like Mashrafe and Mehidy we would have looked significantly stronger. Our batting was still way stronger than NZ at this world cup.

Boult
Ferguson
Fizz
Saifuddin
Old July 19, 2019, 05:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Only Williamson and Ross Taylor performed consistantly for NZ.
Old July 19, 2019, 09:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Nothing left to talk about, while ICC and most fans needed a hero the top cricketing body of the world chose this dishonest pretentious bloke, ask Faff