facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 21, 2004, 07:35 PM
Test Cricketer

i think give him some more time to prove it that , he could able to play international match, every player has a bad time ,dosen't mean he can't play .He could play, for that he need some more time to prove it.

Edited on, October 22, 2004, 12:36 AM GMT, by rana.

Old October 21, 2004, 08:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Hannan Sarkar is a worthless batsmen. In all sincereity, Hannan does not deserve a place in the national team for the next 10 years. He neither has the skill or technique, nor the heart of a tiger. He cant bat and can't bowl. So what good is he to this team? I don’t know why the team management picked him for this team, let alone for the national team (maybe banglacriket posts had something to do with it). An odd 40 runs in the 3 days warm match is not necessary requisite for a place in the team. Because bloody Hannan gets out almost everytime he plays for the national side (as of late), he puts enormous pressure on the other team members. Pilot said before the match that “we will fight neck and neck with the kiwis”. Not with Hannan in the team. If ever there was a single player who could bring a team down…I will put Hanna’s name for that. Earlier I was against having Hannan in the team, and I still vehemently oppose ever having Hannan in the team, unless…and that’s a BIG unless…he can score 2000 runs in the domestic cricket in a single season. I would gladly have his head on a platter and allow someone else to take the opening slot…but not Hannan, for godness sake!
Old October 21, 2004, 09:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Don't forget how bad a fielder he is. He was culprit of dropping a number of easy catches in the past. While I don't support banning, I share the same anger and frustration towards him. Anyone remember Ashraful's lean patch last year? Dav gave him some time to rearrange himself, and now he is back again. In Hannan's case (also Kapali), he might need an extended period of time off the national team, and work with the local coaches. Match practice is vital too. He should not only play in the domestic leage, but also in any other form of cricket that involves match practice. Even if that means he has to play in his "parar league".
Old October 21, 2004, 10:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Some of you r taking this poll too seriously. I believe this is just to let out our frustration thats all. We don’t mean it at all. Though by seeing the poll Government and his friends might get hurt understandably but that’s what we felt when he scores all those zeros…….

In our mind i believe every one here hopes he can come back with a bang!!! good luck Goverment (english trans of Sharkar)
Old October 21, 2004, 10:30 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

LOL

i really had a big laugh..

Government and his friends..........

well, he is as as bad a crap as our government.
Old October 22, 2004, 03:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AussieBloke
Because bloody Hannan gets out almost everytime...
Lol. Not bloody Hannan. It will be bloody selectors.Specially Faruk Ahmed.
Old October 22, 2004, 05:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

tokhon cricket valo bujhtam na. cricket ra kirrkat koitam. abahani football party kortam tai abahanir khala thakla stadiuam a jaitam. har por suru hoilo kirrkat ar hujug! ki fataya kirrkat khala hoito. prothom prothom stadium a saradin boya tas pitaitam aar kirrkat dekhtam. abahani, mohamedan, biman, kolabagan, victoria, surjotorun, brothers, aro koto club, lipu, nannu, akram, bulbul, saiful, anish, nasu, nobel, atahar, prince, salauddin, salim, hira, aro koto player achilo. wasim akram, jayasuriya, rannatunga, fairbrother, provin amra, jadaja aro koto bideshi player go loya amgo deshi player ra ki dudh-vat khelto! akhon koi sai club, koi sai players, koi sai kirrkat hujug? eak bal ar Hannan ar Alok ra loya ato nacha-nachi fala-fali! akhon ami cricket bujhi, bujhi sai cricket aar kirrket nai. this is not about Hannan or Alok, this is about saving our cricket. and if we want to see the improvement of our cricket we should immediately start on regular-basis domestic club cricket league instead of so called 'high-profile camp' or even instead of too much international cricket before its too late. karon dari korla late hoya jaba.
Old October 22, 2004, 06:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

u r all right in some prospect. how could the selectors even thinking of getting back hannan and kapali back. they shpuld not have played. suman and samsu should make his debut or even aftab.. atleast they may play for some time.... tareq and tapash are useless as always, we have to wait for return of mashrafee, shareef and talha
Old October 22, 2004, 06:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

sorry for the grammatical mistake.... my englsh rlz
Old October 22, 2004, 07:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Give him time man. He is a good batsman who is out of form as like as all Bangladeshi batsman.
Old October 22, 2004, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by tutul
tokhon cricket valo bujhtam na. cricket ra kirrkat koitam. abahani football party kortam tai abahanir khala thakla stadiuam a jaitam. har por suru hoilo kirrkat ar hujug! ki fataya kirrkat khala hoito. prothom prothom stadium a saradin boya tas pitaitam aar kirrkat dekhtam. abahani, mohamedan, biman, kolabagan, victoria, surjotorun, brothers, aro koto club, lipu, nannu, akram, bulbul, saiful, anish, nasu, nobel, atahar, prince, salauddin, salim, hira, aro koto player achilo. wasim akram, jayasuriya, rannatunga, fairbrother, provin amra, jadaja aro koto bideshi player go loya amgo deshi player ra ki dudh-vat khelto! akhon koi sai club, koi sai players, koi sai kirrkat hujug? eak bal ar Hannan ar Alok ra loya ato nacha-nachi fala-fali! akhon ami cricket bujhi, bujhi sai cricket aar kirrket nai. this is not about Hannan or Alok, this is about saving our cricket. and if we want to see the improvement of our cricket we should immediately start on regular-basis domestic club cricket league instead of so called 'high-profile camp' or even instead of too much international cricket before its too late. karon dari korla late hoya jaba.
Classic!
Old October 22, 2004, 08:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
Quote:
Originally posted by tutul
Classic!
Indeed. I remember watching domestic cricket in early 90's. Boy, I can still feel the heat. There was a player named Samarasekara. He was awesome in domestic league. There was the sense of rivalry. There was even huge public interest for struggling teams in the premiereship. We now talk abt commitment of our national players. They don't have the hearts of a tiger. But it should not belike that! How it could be? What went wrong down the line?. I'd like to know. 'Cause even when our school was involved in Nirman School Cricket we used to play our hearts out...supporters and players alike. That was a vibrent cricket scene i'm used to know of. We always had a Selim Shahed or Sanwar (in early career) to slot in if anyone fails to perform. Can any of you remember the dude named 'Sazzad'? He was a awesome attacking player, technique and style wise, very pleasent to watch. But didn't have much luck with national team, only because he was INCONSISTANT. He was dropped after few matches , although on the fringe for selecton for a while. But i'm pretty sure he would feel extremely unlucky (born a decade earlier?) when he sees Hannan and Kaps get chances after chances , well, only to fail! Only talent is nothing. It only helps when you have other ingradients of success.

Sad. Has our cricket actually gone backwards?

Edited on, October 25, 2004, 7:30 PM GMT, by Zephaniah.
Reason: sad. i make too many mistakes
Old October 22, 2004, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Are you talking about Sazzad Ahmed Shipon? That guy was very talented. I used to love watching his straight sixes over the bowler's head. It's a shame he was inconsistant, and got dropped eventually.
Old October 22, 2004, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Sad. Have our cricket actually gone backwords? [/quote]

Agreed, the cricket standard in this country has really went backwards.

Reason:
1. Irregular leagues, non existent school cricket
2. restricting and almost banning foreign players in the leagues
3. poor managments and clueless selectors (and coach)

Results:
1. Hardly any good players are coming out now a days from this broken cricket structure. So no matter how bad the current players perform, they can play.

2. Foreign players are almost banned, so it is not as exciting and the public dont care about the cricket leagues as much as they did during the 90's. Foreign players are blessing as we have seen in the past. Local players learn from them, leagues becomes more competetive, more people want to see the game, and more sponsorship comes, and players salary goes up. I remember Nannu got 500,000 Taka from Mohammedan 10 years ago for 1 league!!! Nobody gets this much now.

3. Selectors as well as coaches are now performing as bad as the players now a days. I mean what kind of coach is this guy who still cannot figure out the right combination for a team???

Dav said I have no clue what is going wrong during ASIA cup. For gods sake, Hannan, Alok, Javed, Tareq repeatedly fails, and you still play them. Results they fail again. What are you coaching them then? If you blame them, then why are you still playing them? No players? Then why cant you make some? You are a coach right?

If you are a good coach you can almost see and feel how a player can perform in the real match condition. But if you cant, you dont deserve to be here.

Bottom line: Its time for a major shake up. Good bye Faruk, good bye Dav.
Old October 22, 2004, 01:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
Are you talking about Sazzad Ahmed Shipon? That guy was very talented. I used to love watching his straight sixes over the bowler's head. It's a shame he was inconsistant, and got dropped eventually.
shipon was a class batsman. even I went to see his batting practice in mohamedan club. those days were really good for our cricket i mean geeting the experince from there and utilize it. sob match e jomto, i have seen many many close games...where is that league?
Old October 22, 2004, 01:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

hey hey.. wait a minute!!! excuse me?? Why you guys are after Hannan Sarkar?? i dont really understand.. now tell me one thing which bangladeshi bastman r good?? can u name one?? u cant caz there r none of bangldeshi batsman r good even habibul bashar sumon.. they have no right to play international cricket, belive it or not... so dont just blam hannan sarkar.....
if u want to blam then blame all crickets who palying national team.. nyways bye
Old October 22, 2004, 11:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

the most successful pole i've ever made!!!

man, all i was expecting was, read, laugh and leave.

41 replay and 36 vote!

hannan is in trouble (so is our cricket )
Old October 22, 2004, 11:38 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Yea, I think this is one of the most voted poll. I can't remember any poll getting this many votes in recent past.
Old October 22, 2004, 11:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by radicalsami
Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
we can use hannan like that. just imagine this, when kids of 7-10 years old will regularly be able to out a formar national batsman below 10 runs, how hight their confidence leve will be!
cracking up... god i am cracking up... LOL
Now let me tell you a true story.

I am located in London. We had a match against a club called "Strongbox Cricket Club"! (BTW, we all are amateurs, so don't google "strongbox cricket club"). I am not telling our team name

Anyway, on practice day, we got this new player who seemed to be quite good at both batting and bowling(compare to our standard). He was a friend of Hannan Sarkar. During practice, he was giving advices to us on how to bat bla bla.

Now, on the real match, as far as I can remember, his seven overs gave 34 runs. And, the bowler who got his wicket was only 11 years old (Strongbox had a player short and had to bring this kid. He was a left-arm medium pacer).

End of story.
Old October 22, 2004, 11:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

So, add another option for voting.

Ban Hannan Sarkar, his family and anyone who personally knows him as friend from all sort of cprofessional cricket concerning Bangladesh.

Old October 23, 2004, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by mij
Thats sounds right, " he should be allowed to play, only at the back street of his house with children aging 7-10."

And Alok Kapali should join him. I can't belive that he been selected for second test..

Old October 23, 2004, 10:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Bring back the glory days when we had 3/4 openers standing in the line and i still remeber that inning by fairbrother against mohammadan man what a innings and akram bhai hit a 6 in last 3 balls... what a game. All is lost just because money is there now and all the football KORMOKORTAra became cricket Kormo..... And believe me that’s a fact......

Goverment oh sorry sharkar bhai don't worry give your heart out man you can comeback sooner or later as there is none standing behind you for the position... may be take 2 kg misti instead of 1 kg misti to Faruk bhais home .......

And excuse me no other batsmen PILOT bhaire DEKHA jay na Uni batting parey na how about ash??? man friend howa bhalo but not that much....
Old October 24, 2004, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Hannan got his dropping which he deserved. Hopefully his children play better than him.
Old October 24, 2004, 07:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Simple dropping from the team wouldnt do. Hannan should be dropped from the national pool of cricketers, restricted to only domestic league. Shouldnt be considered even for the BD-A team or BCB XI or any other team. Unless he can prove that he can bat, score 2000 runs in one season and can catch, HE SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM...ever.
Old October 24, 2004, 08:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
Hannan got his dropping which he deserved. Hopefully his children play better than him.
considering the present confidence level of hannan, who is going to marry him? Forget about his kids, he has to improve his quality first then get married, and then kids issue. It long long way.....................

(just kidding)