facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 29, 2004, 10:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Hope Bd players will play well on green top pitches.Bd bastmen can do it.

Old November 29, 2004, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

As per Faruque Ahmed, there is no chance that it will be "Green Pitch". According to Faruque it will be true batting wicket. It will be slow, hard with consistent bounce like Pakistan and West Indies.

source: http://www.thedailystar.net/2004/11/30/d41130040231.htm
Old November 29, 2004, 02:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

A decade from now Bangladesh cricket will not be known for the likes of Bashar, Ashraful or Javed Omar. The truth remains that they are either average or a bit above that in comparison to international standards. I don't think anyone in the world has any doubt over that aspect. Whether it is green, or hard, or slow, or cracked, the outcome would be the same. In saying that I think the focus should be to bring out the best in what we potentially have international level. In my opinion they are Rafiq, Mashrafe, Nazmul and Tapash. BCB or Mr. Faruk or anybody responsible for any decision making should not focus on trying to hide the deficiencies of our batsmen. Rather, the objective should be to create conditions that would suite the four aces that I have mentioned. Pitch is just one of the many variables. The decison to choose the kind of pitch should be to give the best condition for these four guys what they do best and at any given point of time in a match find opportunities to exploit these 4 guys (whether it is batting or bowling or whatever). Because, these four gents I believe have what it takes to win matches. The rest are either far from making a mark or simply "dal bhat"

Disclaimer: no offense to Khaled Mashud. I think he works well when defending. Despite his stance often in the field as a batsman, I don't think he is a match winner.
Old November 29, 2004, 03:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i think ashraful should join the ranks of the four u mentioned, jamai...and prolly nafis, but its too early to tell.

if you were to go by stats alone then only rafiq would make the list...so we gotta go by talent...afteralll, nazmul has just one ODI 4 for, tapash 2, masri's best haul is just one of 2 wickets!!!, and rafiq is ordinary in ODIs...so ashraful and nafis cant be any worse in performance.

getting back to the topic of the thread....it doesnt really matter what kind of pitches we have...our god damned batsmen will f**k up on anything...and i am a friggin fool for spending what time i do on this ultimately useless forum (no dis intended, the forum is good as a forum, but we reap no good feelings unless the team wins). why i will have sleepness nights imagining centuries from BD batsmen against India next month, i dont know. but it is merely a dream.
Old November 29, 2004, 03:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

al Furqaan;

I actually wasn't going by either of the two (talent or stat). If we take talent, we have to include Nafis. True. I have taken only one point into factor and that is aggression in the field. I think Nazmul has it. I think these are the only four players right now who walk into the field having faith in their ability and honestly believe that they can win the match. Ashraful always wavering and is yet to find that "self esteem" factor witihn him. But, there is a slight chance that Ashraful and Nafis could come to rescue but that's why I made the comment: The rest are either far from making a mark or simply "dal bhat".
Old November 29, 2004, 10:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

aight, jamia, i agree with you.

fight can be sensed in nazmul and rafiq, masri, and ash have it too i think. tapash needs a little more, i would put tapash on ashraful's level. in near future, razzaq, rana, nafis, aftab, talha, shahadat, and dhiman could also make it. lets hope so.
Old November 30, 2004, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Anyway, the decision of a hard and bouncy pitch and the explanation behind it given by the Chief Selector sounds reasonable. We should approach to the real sporting pitch slowly and only after that when we have the confidence and experience with it.