facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 27, 2006, 07:52 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Afridi2Belfast
Hi
I am Gary from Belfast
Ireland fan
Love SRT, spin bowling
Thinking of reverting to Islam inshaALLAH

I always liked BD's passion and penchant for spin bowlers but I got really interested through my Sylheti friend Lukman.

feel free to add me on msn.
Mashallah. Nice to know that u r going to revert.
Oh by the way.
I am Minhajul Abedin Azad (Akib)
Living in United States, actually from Bangladesh
Have been living in U.S. for 3 and half years.
Love Cricket And soccer
Assalamualaikum

Edited on, March 28, 2006, 12:54 AM GMT, by minhajul1.

Old March 29, 2006, 02:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Nayef
Doing Comp. Eng. (yea the usual) coop program at Waterloo.
Currently on work term with one of the Big 3.. thus enough time to kill at work
Lived in BD for most of my life before coming here for undergrad... with the odd dose of travelling which seems to be my hobby and favorite past-time.

Cricket watcher/follower/player since 1992 world cup. Havent quit casual playing after coming here too... find the nooks and cranny's on campus.. and u'll c me and my buddies playing cricket!
Old March 30, 2006, 06:33 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I have just found the thread and has gone through all 25 pages to find about the fellow fans (for the last one and half hour). Its quite intersting. Lot of them are younger than I expected, It seems that they have got a lot maturity at their early age.

Very diverse professionals are here but may be I am adding a new profession in this nice site which I came to know through BBC news. I am quite unlucky that I found it so late ( missed at least four years).

I am Khondaker Mirazur Rahman.

I am an Assistant Professor of Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka. Ex Dhaka College.

Currently I am staying in London and doing my PhD in Gene Targeted Anticancer Drug Design with Cancer Research UK (probably I am the first Bangladeshi to do PhD with them according to their record). Cancer Research UK is the leading research organization in anticancer field in Europe. I am placed in the CRUK Gene Targeted Drug Design Research Group at School of Pharmacy, University of London.

I am 31 and is proud father of a lovely son (age 4, has got the same name as our webmaster, Nasif) and even more lovely daughter (age 1 year).

I am a passionate cricket fan. Played cricket in Nirman School, In 1st div league, in University (I was captain of faculty cricket team for two years) and still playing for the faculty after joining as a faculty member. I am following BD cricket since 1990.

I am really happy to be here. I am very much optimistic by nature and really beleives in the strength of BD cricket.

Edited on, March 30, 2006, 11:56 AM GMT, by Miraz.
Old March 30, 2006, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by nayef
find the nooks and cranny's on campus.. and u'll c me and my buddies playing cricket!
heh. talk about the "futas" in the "chaads" of the basement hallways
Old March 30, 2006, 08:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Quote:
Originally posted by nayef
find the nooks and cranny's on campus.. and u'll c me and my buddies playing cricket!
heh. talk about the "futas" in the "chaads" of the basement hallways
ohh yeah... its good that the maintenance guy believes those were done by drunks from Bomber
Old March 30, 2006, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

hope they dont install close circuits though
Old March 30, 2006, 06:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reinausagi
Quote:
Thinking of reverting to Islam inshaALLAH
So, you were Muslim once before?
An anecdote: When two of my friends got married couple of years back, I heard similar things. So, this is my Egyptian friend who fell in love with my other friend who is a country girl from Virginia. He is a very religious man, and sadly he couldn't do anything before marrying her. Likewise, he coudn't marry her before she converted. Anyways, back to the topic, at the weeding, I was told by my Egyptian friend's Pakistani friend that "She didn't convert, she reverted which is the proper islamic way to address this issue".
Old April 11, 2006, 01:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Hi everyone...

He everyone this is Sakib Mohsin, president of AutoDen.info… a new automobile website in Bangladesh. AutoDen.info owns the first every online car magazine… so please visit us and don’t forget to register in the forum…

here is the link: www.autoden.info
Old April 11, 2006, 04:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

I'm saad. 18 yrs. old. Majoring in electrical engineering in the US. love cricket, good music, parties, and driving around to the most random places. I love bangla rock/metal bands: aurthohin, artcell, black, etc.
Old April 14, 2006, 11:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting
Default Introduction

I'm Ridwan. I'm 19, and live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm currently at Melbourne University completing my Bachelor of Commerce (Looking to get into Finance). I’m an avid Cricket follower, and support Australia when Bangladesh is not involved. I love playing the game (both competitively and socially) and thoroughly enjoy watching Ricky Ponting bat.

I've tried my best to follow Bangladeshi Cricket over the years, but living in Australia it's often very difficult (Very limited coverage). I did watch the Australia/Bangladesh 'Top-end' Tests in 2003, but I really started taking notice of our team’s progress during the ODI series against India in late 2004, and then against Zimbabwe in early 2005. I then watched the whole Natwest Series on TV last year, and in short, I haven’t looked back since! (I apologise for jumping on the bandwagon!).

I’ve actually known about this forum for about 6-12 months now. I wasn’t a regular visitor, but I did pop in from time to time. I only took it upon myself to register this month, and I’m really enjoying posting my innermost thoughts on the forum! (This is actually the first forum I've ever registered with!). Anyway, this is starting to drag on, and I don’t want to bore you all! I look forward to posting on the forum in future. Keep up the good work.

Go Bangladesh!

Old April 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper
An anecdote: When two of my friends got married couple of years back, I heard similar things. So, this is my Egyptian friend who fell in love with my other friend who is a country girl from Virginia. He is a very religious man, and sadly he couldn't do anything before marrying her. Likewise, he coudn't marry her before she converted. Anyways, back to the topic, at the weeding, I was told by my Egyptian friend's Pakistani friend that "She didn't convert, she reverted which is the proper islamic way to address this issue".
The muslim belief is that every chiild is born muslim,and when they reach adulthood,some of them are taken to other religions,so when one re-announces his/her faith,he revarts to his original faith.
Old April 14, 2006, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Studying at McMaster. Elec Eng level 2. Presently trying hard to make it to third year. Programming is a killer. Cricket is wat keeps me alive in this god forsaken place. will go back to Bangladesh as soon as i am done with my undergrads.
Old April 25, 2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

This is omio...
I m student here. My sub is computing. My interest is web design.
We have a website that is www.deshikotha.com
I m 21.
I like this site.
Old May 3, 2006, 04:44 AM
Street Cricketer

Zeeshan here -
I am a junior at UT Dallas, majoring in Econ...ex-Scholastica'n (Class of '04)

...love being part of online community, more so being stranded so far away from home
[just got done with finals yesterday - right now, making random posts...owing to lack of anything better to do]
Old May 3, 2006, 11:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Welcome Zeeshan.
Good to have another texan in the community.
Old May 3, 2006, 12:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Nooooooooo! Another longhorn. Welcome Zeeshan! would you like to transfer to U of A? (just kidding) As long as you support the Texans and Rockets you are ok in my book. i mean the mavs and cowboys, lol.
Old May 4, 2006, 02:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Thanks guys...

Cats_eye: I'm not a longhorn (not from UT Austin), more of a "comet" (yeah, that's our little-known mascot)
So, which U of A are you from - Fayetteville?

Faceoff
, where in Texas are you at?
Old May 4, 2006, 12:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Ah! missed the Dallas part. anyways, hit the books. Party baji kom korba. I haven't been to any of U of A. lovers lane'er ashey pashey jano na dekhi.
But the closest i support are the razorbacks, yes, at fayetteville. (Only one team to support.)
Old May 4, 2006, 10:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abedinzeeshan
Thanks guys...

Faceoff, where in Texas are you at?
I live in Arlington. How abt u? Do u live on campus?

BTW, start liking the cowboys bcz this town is cow crazy
Old May 13, 2006, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Name is Shahriyar. BOrn in Dhaka and just turned 23 years old. School life was spent in scholastica from playgroup till A Levels. Then went to The university of western ontario in london,ontario to study electrical engineering. Did not like the subject and ended up transferring to Trent University in Peterborough majoring in Economics. Just completed my third year and currently in Dhaka for the summer of 2006.
In terms of cricket I was part of the scholastica school cricket team for the nirman championships and anyone who has played school cricket knows that our team at that time was one of the most higly rated along with BKSP. Most players in our team either played 1st division or 2nd division while still in the shcool team. Enjoyed every moment. School life was the best !!! Miss it a lot now.
Old May 13, 2006, 04:50 AM
Street Cricketer

shahriyar, which year did you graduate from Scholastica?

As you may have noted from above, I am a Scholastica'n too - our batch took the '04 A' Levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceoff
I live in Arlington. How abt u? Do u live on campus?

BTW, start liking the cowboys bcz this town is cow crazy
Yeah faceoff, I live on campus (in Richardson). Drop by sometime!
Old May 13, 2006, 05:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

[quote=abedinzeeshan]shahriyar, which year did you graduate from Scholastica?

As you may have noted from above, I am a Scholastica'n too - our batch took the '04 A' Levels.

I was in the May 2000 O Levels and 2002 A Levels batch. The school moved to the Uttara campus when I joined for A Levels in Jan 2001. We actually have some other scholasticans here as well. Nayef here is from the same batch as me. Good to hear from a fellow scholastican though. I miss school days like crazy specially O Levels and A levels er time.
Old May 23, 2006, 06:29 PM
Street Cricketer

Name : Nazzy
Educational Qualification : College
Curricular Activities : technology
Ambition : computer engineer
Hobbies : kicin' ur arse j/k
Fav Actresses : Kajol
Fav Actor : Salman shah, srk
Fav Sports : cricket, badminton
Fav Movie : sotter mitru nei, K3G
Fav TV Series : 51-Borti, 69
Other: i lyk computer n doin' stuffs w/ scriptin' etc

i am a teenager who luvs web-design n scripting hu left bd for three years n livin in Ireland. i luv my country n i can't explain to you how much i missing it.

you can visit my website http://www.nazmulalam.com if you want to know more about me.

thank you for reading that ****

Quote:
visit --> http://www.deshizone.com <-- [deshi forum] --> http://www.nazmulalam.com <-- [my personal site]
Old May 24, 2006, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

[quote=shahriyar]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abedinzeeshan
shahriyar, which year did you graduate from Scholastica?

I was in the May 2000 O Levels and 2002 A Levels batch. The school moved to the Uttara campus when I joined for A Levels in Jan 2001. We actually have some other scholasticans here as well. Nayef here is from the same batch as me. Good to hear from a fellow scholastican though. I miss school days like crazy specially O Levels and A levels er time.
hmm...and i'm sandwiched between the two of you - A Levels '03
Old May 26, 2006, 04:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

Andy Flower is the name..y'all know him i' a BIG fan of his. I'm Zimbabwean currently living in Zimbabwe. I Used to play a bit of some cricket myself i played together with Gerald Masakadza, Hamilton's elder brother but we both didn't get very far.

I know the likes of Matsikanyere and Taibu, from school, we used to meet in quiz seminars. I'm a strong Zimbabwe supporter currently in Harare i'll be watching all ZIM-BD matches.

I also support BD only when they are playing teams other than Zim. Ashraful is my favorite character..i think he has a bright future ahead of him.