facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 7, 2005, 11:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think he(DW) might stay if BCB increases his Salary.
But if he has no interst in BD cricket he shold leave or we should fire him.

Old April 8, 2005, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

If he needs a raise, why can't he just ask for one. We do want to keep him. If this India thing is his "strategy" to ask for more, I am sorry - this is back firing. I totally agree with the ppl who said, if his heart isn't there... screw it!!!

Halar po.. tore dorkar nai.. bhaag!!
Old April 8, 2005, 12:19 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
However we our BCB board is diligent with their selection process and pay decent money, who knows we can find another future Dav (or even better) in our new coach.
Yep, and I believe that we just have to increase our payment and other benefits to Dav to keep him interested to stay on as our coach.
Old April 8, 2005, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

If Dev's heart is not here than 8000$ or 8$ it is total waste of money. so BCB looks elsewhere. How about Jennnigs?
Old April 8, 2005, 12:41 AM
Club Cricketer

bhaiyera ei rokom chapa mara bondho koren ...

Who made this this bullcrap so , Dav is leaveing he is not for another 2 years . He said , he is interested on India but depends on Indians to take him on . Dav thaught he can be a coach of Australia but he can't "John Buchana" The best coach in the world is there , then he thaught to have a change to India , The world's second best Test Team .... That's what it's all about ..... Everyone wants the best job they can get . Best coach is , John Buchanan , Then John Wright and Rod Marsh and then Srilankan Coach and after that Bob Woolmer and Dav comes after all of them . Khali coach diyai ki team jitey . Player o lagey . In the world cup Srilanka was 27/3 and they won for De Silva and Gurusinha , don't forget that , not for Dav .... Eirokom chapa marar aar kono dorker nai ....... Bujhlen ..........:fla g:
Old April 8, 2005, 12:49 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

So, we got 2 things here:

1. Conflict with the BCB for either financial or non-financial reasons.

2. Dav lost interest in Bangladesh over the course of last year.

Speculation:

If (1), then what could be the reason? Like Orpheus said: if its only 'money', then he could have easily asked for increase in his salary, but if not, then what could be the non-financial reason(s)?

Again, if (2), then what could be the reason behind it? Are we just 'that bad'? Or, is there no one to toshamod Dav like Mushfiqur Rahman? (ok, that was just a joke).

The main thing that the BCB has to do here is to ask Dav where his heart truely lies, or if its simply a bargaining power that he seeks to get either more money or to get some benefits that he's not currently receiving or as a warning to the BCB guys to watch out (the last 2 points seem to be more viable and logical here).

Just a few days ago, I was looking at some of our 'old' things and one thing that I found was an article published on Daily Star which interviewed Gordon Greenidge (back in 1998), and there were some very common and known things written there - which are not necessarily 'money problems'.
Old April 8, 2005, 12:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Today\'s Prothom Alo report:

Source
Old April 8, 2005, 12:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Robin Singh is doing a superb job as Indian U-19 coach. During his tenure, Indian U-19 team have thrown up talents like Irfan Pathan, Dinesh Karthik, ( already in Indian senior team) and Shikhar Dhawan, Robin Uthappa, VRV Singh etc( who will be India regulars a few years from now). I do not think BCCI will spare Robin Singh.

Best of luck to some of the pesons here who consider Robin Singh to be crap on the basis of his skin colour. And to think that the same people accuse others of Racial bias, superiority complex etc.
Old April 8, 2005, 12:57 AM
BC Editorial Team

I am stunned - two coaches leaving in 24 hrs! Believe it or not, it's the loss of Richard McInnis that I'm more concerned about than Dav. I cannot think of any coach who was as passionate about his wards or their cause like Richard was and still probably is - new job notwithstanding. I can understand why he'd want to return home - he has a new baby apparently. As a newly-minted dad myself, a one month seperation from my son was tough. To be away for the stretches like he has too - well I totally sympathize with him.

As to Dav, I have lost a lot of respect for him after this. Yes as a professional, he is free to evaluate competitive offers. But also as a professional, you make sure you do not slack off on your present contract. Him mouthing off about his desire to coach India can't have had a +ve impact on the Sr. squad - and those guys have a fragile psyche to start with. This is kinda like Bill Parcels negotiating with the Jets during the NE Patriot's run to the Superbowl. It totally threw off the team preparation, and players picked up on the fact that coach's heart wasn't in the job.

I am grateful to Dav for all that he has done, and borne with as BD coach. He has brought us a modicum of respectability. But this public desire for India is unprofessional!

Dammit! I don't even drink - so that I could drown my sorrows!
Old April 8, 2005, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by insideedge
Robin Singh is doing a superb job as Indian U-19 coach. During his tenure, Indian U-19 team have thrown up talents like Irfan Pathan, Dinesh Karthik, ( already in Indian senior team) and Shikhar Dhawan, Robin Uthappa, VRV Singh etc( who will be India regulars a few years from now). I do not think BCCI will spare Robin Singh.

Best of luck to some of the pesons here who consider Robin Singh to be crap on the basis of his skin colour. And to think that the same people accuse others of Racial bias, superiority complex etc.
Currently Robin Sing is not Indian U19 coach so there is no question whether "BCCI will spare Robin Singh". Current U19 Indian coach is V Prasad (at least he was the coach when Indian U19 played England U19 few months back).

Probably Robin Sing is coaching Hong Kong team.

I don't like subcontinent coach for our age group teams not because of their skin color but for their quality. No need of another Mohinder Amarnath or Mohsin Kamal .
Old April 8, 2005, 01:08 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Robin Singh is doing a superb job as Indian U-19 coach....I do not think BCCI will spare Robin Singh.

Hei cool down!
We are not talking about U-19 coahces here..
Robin sing is no match for ppl like Whatmore.. Woolmer..Wright and the likes. He is ages behind them and We dont really need someone who has neither the pervious experience of coaching a Test Side National team nor has the age to do so.

Robin sing is not anywhere as impressinve as u r saying him to be.
Old April 8, 2005, 01:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Robin Singh's credentials may not be upto your requirements, but that is no reason to run him down.
Old April 8, 2005, 01:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
quoted by crickethorizon
We dont really need someone who has neither the pervious experience of coaching a Test Side National team nor has the age to do so.
Tom Moody is one of the contenders for India job. He is considered fit for India job but will be unfit for BD job as per the above quote. Oops, I forgot his skin colour.
Old April 8, 2005, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Quote:
quoted by crickethorizon
We dont really need someone who has neither the pervious experience of coaching a Test Side National team nor has the age to do so.
Tom Moody is one of the contenders for India job. He is considered fit for India job but will be unfit for BD job as per the above quote. Oops, I forgot his skin colour.
Could you please explain why your India is not considering Robin sing for themselves?
Old April 8, 2005, 02:29 AM

Quote:
...I'm a professional - of course I'd be interested in talking to the Indians. coaching India would excite me, absolutely.
Nothing wrong with Dav's above comment on showing interest of Indian coach assignment. This comment was enough to show his interest and his professionalism.
The people and the fan of Bangladesh would have keep their full respect as usual on his highly characterized personality. But the rest of his comment made it questionable in my opinion.

However the comment he made bellow does not seems professional to me ( it doesn't matter to him though ).
Quote:
They'd better make up their minds soon - my contract expires on 30 April. ....but I don't know if I'll sign. I'll have to wait and see.
Something like crying or so desperate to sale himself as a professional when some prospective approach or response yet to be done by India.
If there was something prospective for real, he might have not commented like "Make up your mind, my contract expires on 30 April, ...but I don't know if I'll sign. I'll have to wait and see". Tom Moody and Greg Chappell also showed their interest on Indian coach job but in different professional manner.
Anyway everyone deserve his way to choose his own career, so does Dav Whatmore too. I will be happy to see he get his desired job since he had done a lot for us.
Once his heart has moved to India, he should get it and I wish he do his best with that assignment as well as his career.

We will not have a coach like Dav Whatmore for ever. Sooner or later we have to loose him, so better we also move on like Dav wants to. There is no point to stick to some one who lost interest. Perhaps it's a good time to put some new wind in our team with a new coach. But it's a shocking news indeed to loose two coach almost in a day.
Old April 8, 2005, 02:32 AM
Test Cricketer

John wright ar Salary koto kew ki janen?
Old April 8, 2005, 03:29 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
If the richest cricket board in the world couldn't be enticed to keep him, I wouldn't go far in this line of thinking
Old April 8, 2005, 04:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
If the richest cricket board in the world couldn't be enticed to keep him, I wouldn't go far in this line of thinking
Na ami oeta mean kori ni.Just jante chai j Whatmore Bd te earn kore 8000$ so India te gele koto pabe?John wright ar ta ask korlam whatmore ar future(india te gele) saraly ta guess korte.
Old April 8, 2005, 04:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
quoted by sports_fan_bd
Could you please explain why your India is not considering Robin sing for themselves?
He is already the coach of U-19 team of India. As someone rightly pointed out in this forum, McIness in the U-19 job was more important for the future of BD cricket than Whatmore in the job for seniors. The same applies for the future of Indian cricket as well. And the future of Indian U-19 cricket is in good hands. Thank you.
Old April 8, 2005, 05:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think increasing a selary like I told might be an interesting way to keep him.
Or by giving him bonas money for every tournament or matches he wins.This has never been done before so its worth the try.
And I think John Write and his Indian team is performing well and one test match lost doesn't necessaryly means sacking acoath who has made them the runnrs-up in the world cup.
Old April 8, 2005, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by thebest
If Dev's heart is not here than 8000$ or 8$ it is total waste of money. so BCB looks elsewhere. How about Jennnigs?
Jennings would be the last one on my list. Remember the farce he played with wicketkeeper's position? Dropped Boucher for no reason and finally had to bring him back since there was no practical alternative.

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 10:37 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old April 8, 2005, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Tintin
Quote:
Whatmore won't get the India job, since Dada won't like to work with a too dominative coach.
I agree with that. But if some high profile guys like Greg Chappell becomes the coach and Ganguly picks up fights with him, considering Gangu's current form, he may get dropped instead of the coach.
I thought Ganguly had good reations with Greg Chappel...
Old April 8, 2005, 05:37 AM
Club Cricketer

chapabaazi gulla rey baad diley hoi nah ? Banglacricket homepage er dainey picture dekho nah keu ? Naki keu engrezi janey nah ........ It's says mcinnes leaves but whatmore staying back ......... chagol shobgulla ............ chagolder jonney shobai taali maren .......:jo y:

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 10:38 AM GMT, by dukha.
Old April 8, 2005, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Quote:
quoted by sports_fan_bd
He is already the coach of U-19 team of India. As someone rightly pointed out in this forum, McIness in the U-19 job was more important for the future of BD cricket than Whatmore in the job for seniors. The same applies for the future of Indian cricket as well. And the future of Indian U-19 cricket is in good hands. Thank you.
You wellcome.

Actually, I wanted to know why India is not considering Robin Singa or some other Indian coaches (there must be some) as the senior team coach?

Seeking coach from outside India means they are better than Indian coaches. Even an Indian state hired a Pakistani coach for one of their ranji trophy team. I have no clue what is wrong with Indian coaches.
Old April 8, 2005, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 12:26 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.
Reason: post error