facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Tigers

Give Them Nothing But Take From Them Everything.

Ref: Leonydes (300)

Old March 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashik007

Guyz enjoy this video!!
Greatest finding ....Its too relevent for tomorrows match. The world is going to change ,The power of big cat coming to an end.
Old March 20, 2007, 03:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

Guyz enjoy this video!!
LOL.... really meaningful!!
Old March 20, 2007, 03:49 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

It's gonna be a tough ask from both sides.

I am expecting a hard fought win from the tigers.

Sri Lankan will put tougher resistances compared to India.

Old March 20, 2007, 03:50 PM
Street Cricketer

if we can last for 50 overs then i would be happy which i doubt
Old March 20, 2007, 03:52 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

Guyz enjoy this video!!
great finding dude!!! the poor lions were being harrassed by the tigers lol
Old March 20, 2007, 03:54 PM

poor lions never stood a chance against the huge tigers.
Old March 20, 2007, 03:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Can someone tell me what are the chances to go to the second round if one of the following events happen:

BD vs SL: SL win
BD vs SL: Tie
Old March 20, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Last time Bangladesh showed what they can do with the ball to take control of the game, this time they have to show what they can do with the bat. It is a challenge our batsmen has to face sooner or later, so nothing wrong in trying to test out our batsmen's mentality and maturity. Go and play intelligent cricket, good shot selection,control, footwork, wrist work, running between wickets and great partnerships where both the partners contributing almost equally.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:03 PM

I wanna clear my mind for this game. It matters not where Sri Lanka's Strengths and Weaknesses are. Bangladesh team should play to their fullest strengths and give in their 100%. As long as BD plays good cricket I shall be more than happy. Bangladesh team is world class, playing to their best will make them win. If SL plays to their best too, then we have one hell of an Excellent Game coming up... and its Cricket that will win.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:13 PM
Club Cricketer

How can I paste or upload pictures in this thread?
Old March 20, 2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

look, on the whole, i like sri lankans more than indians i doubt it will be any different with whatmore (he coached them to victory in '96), our players or spectators.

what we need to ensure is the MOMENTUM is ALWAYS with us.....
that's the key, keeping the momentum going....if sanath comes down the wicket or slashes mortaza for 2 boundaries and mortaza leaks 2-3 extra wide/no balls, and lets one down the leg side which sanath flicks or glides to fine leg for another boundary, there's a CHANCE that some of our players may cave in or throw the towel, or sri lankans may start gaining confidence .... none of which we MUST allow

similarly with other batsmen, lets say sangakarra and atapattu/jayawardene forms a decent partnership that added some good 50-70, or 80-100 runs at close to a run a ball, that might just have been it for bd earlier, but not the bd that's playing this world cup (heck ganguly and yuvraj had a partnership of some 80 odd before ind lost 5wkt for 2 rns).....mind you, sri lanka is way more compact a team to lose so many quick wickets...
Old March 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruja1810
Can someone tell me what are the chances to go to the second round if one of the following events happen:

BD vs SL: SL win
BD vs SL: Tie
Bd goes to the second round. Any other questions??
Old March 20, 2007, 04:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Bd goes to the second round. Any other questions??
TB,

Ek no. hole problem ache !!
Old March 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun
look, on the whole, i like sri lankans more than indians i doubt it will be any different with whatmore (he coached them to victory in '96), our players or spectators.

what we need to ensure is the MOMENTUM is ALWAYS with us.....
that's the key, keeping the momentum going....if sanath comes down the wicket or slashes mortaza for 2 boundaries and mortaza leaks 2-3 extra wide/no balls, and lets one down the leg side which sanath flicks or glides to fine leg for another boundary, there's a CHANCE that some of our players may cave in or throw the towel, or sri lankans may start gaining confidence .... none of which we MUST allow

similarly with other batsmen, lets say sangakarra and atapattu/jayawardene forms a decent partnership that added some good 50-70, or 80-100 runs at close to a run a ball, that might just have been it for bd earlier, but not the bd that's playing this world cup (heck ganguly and yuvraj had a partnership of some 80 odd before ind lost 5wkt for 2 rns).....mind you, sri lanka is way more compact a team to lose so many quick wickets...
Sanath is no fool. he wouldn't dare to charge down Murtaza. Old age takes out all risks that one might take in his prime or when he is young. May be Maharoof would do that but he will face the same tune as would Sanath.

Its not who are batting or bowling. It is how you well implement your strategy. Seems like you need a Tamim lesson. You are looking at the bowlers and batsmen. You need to look at the ball instead and not fear.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I won't have a grudge against Srilanka if they beat us and then beat India also. Of course, i would prefer Bangladesh to beat Srilanka!!!
Old March 20, 2007, 04:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceoff
TB,

Ek no. hole problem ache !!
Kono problem nai. You are underestimating the Lankans.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:37 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

By the way I did not make the whole thread black because I wanted it to be a winning thread not a thread of mourning. Any comment from the design (I copied most of it from last thread anyway) point of view?
Old March 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Is it the same pitch where all the matches are played between SL, BER, IND and BD? If so then it is a good batting pitch, we should opt for bat and start with caution.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
Test Cricketer

it going to be very close match.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
By the way I did not make the whole thread black because I wanted it to be a winning thread not a thread of mourning. Any comment from the design (I copied most of it from last thread anyway) point of view?
i like the design. its not too extravagant, yet both rana and setu are intermingled with the thread's contents.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:

Guyz enjoy this video!!

LMFAO the lions for PWNT! That's sheer lack of respect for so-called "king of the jungle"... describes our boys!

Find of the century!!

THIS VIDEO SHOULD BE IN THE FIRST POST!

Old March 20, 2007, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sanath is no fool. he wouldn't dare to charge down Murtaza. Old age takes out all risks that one might take in his prime or when he is young. May be Maharoof would do that but he will face the same tune as would Sanath.
i don't know if you watched sanath's blistering century against the kiwis in nz when lankans last toured nz, in an odi. anyway sanath is esp. strong square of the wicket, so he either lofts/flicks them to square leg or cuts/lofts them to deep backward point region (many a times for sixes!), so i doubt you can say that with certainty.

and even if he doesn't charge murtaza, let's say, there are other bowlers in our team who can be smashed all round the park with Impunity(without getting out). my point is the same: we can't let the momentum slip away, and let sri lanka walk away with the game.

Quote:
Its not who are batting or bowling. It is how you well implement your strategy. Seems like you need a Tamim lesson. You are looking at the bowlers and batsmen. You need to look at the ball instead and not fear.
no one is afraid here. but there's a need for implenting strategies, like you said. strategy in this case will be personalized, i.e. each lankan bowler/fielder/batter
must be handled with a certain strategy that we need to work out, you can't do like you claim. tamim is young, he is good, has great future ahead so let's wish him luck. but you can't say it doesn't matter who's bowling the off-breaks, murali or arnold! you know one of them bowls it a lot better than the other, with a lot more guile and variation.

you can't just go and milk murali for 6-7 runs an over with singles, with a boundary or two every two overs like the way you can when it comes to arnold (who's a part-timer). similarly if you are unfazed by whatever runs sanath scores in quick succession, you can induce him to play a false shot, flash at a ball that's too close to the stumps and hence an inside edge! whereas another left-hander like sangakarra has a much better technique and needs to be sorted out another way!

and similarly i feel, IF we can score some 130-140 runs OFF vaas, murali and malinga's 30 overs, we're in for a really reasonably game (provided we bat first, or the target for us is within 240-250). i feel those are the 3 wicket takers sri lankans have, i don't know if you or others agree.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:58 PM
Banned

and, i also need to mention, there's no room for continued stupidity of the likes of aftab's and bashar's, who played really useless shots against india and threw their wickets away, thank god by then we had the game within our control (it was a small total to chase) that's why we got away.

but from more experienced players it's fair to expect more matured innings with greater strike rate
Old March 20, 2007, 05:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

Good post topgun!!!