facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2017, 04:38 PM
Banned

Absolutely shocked by Shakib's attitude towards the game. It is obvious that fame and new money has got to his head. There cannot be any other explanation. We had tremendous hope for Shakib and many of us were quitely hopeful that he would end up as one of the true great allrounders to play the game. He is throwing all this away because of his stupidity, ill preparation for handling fame and money, misplaced arrogance and irresponsibility.

I believe Shakib should only be allowed to play just ONE foreign T20 tournament and should be made to play all domestic FC matches. T20 has definitely affected his bowling and batting and his ego. He is also setting up a serious bad precedence for the juniors and youngsters. BCB must really pay urgent attention to this before it gets out of control.

Old March 16, 2017, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hehehehe...I bet you I know which one of these commenters is our Tigers-eyes Dulabhai...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shine Bhuiyan · Eastern University

Apnaro excess likhen seta ki manen khela dhula.Rubbish.

Like · Reply · 15 mins

MD RêJâùl Kârîm · Works at Student

সব নস্টের মুল পাপন frown emoticon

Like · Reply · 26 mins

Raihan Munawar Ahsan · Works at Dhaka Medical College & Hospital

পাপইন্যাকে বাদ দিতে হবে।। বিসিবি প্রেসিডেন্ট হইলে ক্লাব চালানো যাবেনা।। ব্যাটা এইখানে রাজনীতি শুরু করছে আর মূল উদ্দেশ্য হইল বিসিবির টাকা মাইরা নির্বাচনী খরচ উঠানো। হাতুরুর চান্দিতে লবণ রাইখা বড়ই খায় আর সবাইরে ধমকাইয়া চুপ রাখে। unsure emoticon:/

Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

MD Mamunismalo

এভাবে চল্লে অচিরেই ধংশ হবে আমাদের পরিচিতি

Like · Reply · 2 hrs

MA Sayeed · Owner at অধুনা

সাকিবকে যদি দল থেকে বাদ দেয়ার চিন্তাও করে তাহলে দেশের ক্রিকেট প্রেমীরা রাস্তায় নামতে বিন্দুমাত্রও দেরী করবেনা। পাপনের অপসারণ এখন সময়ের দাবী।
Old March 16, 2017, 05:17 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Kisu hoilei rastay nambe, gari bhangbe, meye der tease korbe..Desh e oneke just bored and have too much time to kill
Old March 16, 2017, 05:22 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Saw one of his interview few years ago that he already earned enough for his lifetime and did not plan to stay in BD ( Settle in US via wify's connection to US) in few years time. This is exactly what he said few years back happening now. He does not care about playing in the national team. He seems more than happy to play all those short PL T20 leagues & earn handsome pay cheque. He simply does not care. Remember he wanted to quit national team for not giving him NOC for CPL when Haturu first started. Nothing changed since then. As much as fans trying portray him "Bangladeshe jaan / praan" ... unfortunately he does not give a rats *** about BD national team. It may hard to believe for some of the fans but that's the harsh Truth. He is not a Team player. He does not fight for the team, period!
Old March 16, 2017, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

let's give him the benefit of the doubt this time...maybe he was doing some experiment with the red ball...trying to see if he could beat the OJ out of it
Old March 16, 2017, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

IMO Shakib need to GET dropped and I think Shakib wants that too. He won't resign by himself but make BCB drop him then he will come with some drama and eventually will become a full time "khyap cricketer" who will just move around the world playing for leagues. He has no love or passion for his profession anymore. Just want to earn some quick money and relax with his family. If that's what he wants good for him and his family.

The sooner this Shakib Al Hasan madness comes to an end the better for the BD team. I thank him for his service who single handedly carried the burden of the team for a long time and earned the respect from everyone but I think now is the time when he created a Frankenstein out of him and we have to say bye. I feel really bad to see the best player from BD will have such a bad ending to his career but he has none but himself to blame.
Old March 16, 2017, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Shakib the bowler is still better than any other spinners we got other than mehedi, heck even as a batsman he's still up there, only reason to drop him down the order is his attitude, he's still scoring the runs.
Old March 16, 2017, 05:58 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
IMO Shakib need to GET dropped and I think Shakib wants that too. He won't resign by himself but make BCB drop him then he will come with some drama and eventually will become a full time "khyap cricketer" who will just move around the world playing for leagues. He has no love or passion for his profession anymore. Just want to earn some quick money and relax with his family. If that's what he wants good for him and his family.

The sooner this Shakib Al Hasan madness comes to an end the better for the BD team. I thank him for his service who single handedly carried the burden of the team for a long time and earned the respect from everyone but I think now is the time when he created a Frankenstein out of him and we have to say bye. I feel really bad to see the best player from BD will have such a bad ending to his career but he has none but himself to blame.
Pretty much agreed with everything. Let him go. He carried the team for few years single handedly until the PL era started this big on him. Heck, I remember that famous "Crying" moment after losing the Asis Cup Final 2012.

Slightly disaggremnt with the "Frankenstein" comment ... We the Fans created that ... We made him this huge celebraty .... Everyone in BD, every company in BD somehow wanted to associated with the Shakib brand name. Actors, politicians, media, mango people ... All. People even followed his wedding like a big thing, Wify got hundreds of fan following etc etc.
Old March 16, 2017, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I didn't watch yesterday's mayhem at the end. I watched till Shabbir got himself out, it was a blow to my system. I expected major things from him, to me he is one of the best Bangladeshi batsman, might be one of the bests in the world too, still a long way to go mentally and I can't argue about temperament of his because he hasn't shown it yet.

But you guys all got it wrong, yes I didn't watch it so I am not frustrated beyond measure, but this is what my 6th sense tells me. Shakib was not fuming because of the tail ender being sent before him, he actually might have been fuming because he got out, not because Taijul was sent and also the fact that he had to bat. There were talks about Shakib being dropped down the order, might have started here actually but that's what probably made him more furious. It is not the event itself but what's happening around the events.

Again, I must stress the fact it is not one event, it is multiple events that built up and we are seeing a reaction of frustration today. He is just frustrated, he is frustrated with his own bowling and talks from Papon when he is down, he is frustrated that the coach is after him, he is frustrated that the media and fans are after him after all his contributions. If you look at the match then you will see he showed more emotions in his bowling than he normally does.

The main factor for yesterday's meltdown was the spark caused by Lakmal running on the pitch, I am just surprised none of you picked up on that. It was that spark that caused an outrage in my opinion later, Lakmal was running on the pitch and visibly angry Shakib asked him what he was doing, it was shown on the tv later and you could see Shakib just saying I am already under so much pressure I don't need this now, he just went into a rage because of that spark if you ask me.

Last but not least, we have seen this Shakib a lot of times, it was horrendous to watch on TV when he grabbed his crotch, but it also worked in our favour recently. Turn back the time and watch the match against India when Dhoni intentionally or unintentionally bulldozed Mustafizur and later when Shakib took his wicket you knew it brought out that competitive juice in him, or against Stokes when Shakib took Stokes out and ripped through England you knew the talk in the dressing room inspired him. You gotta understand, he plays 110 days in the calendar, he is just on the field for 110 days in the year, that is not his other commitments or even travelling. It is huge. He is in autopilot mode most of the times, except when a real challenge is thrown at him. I welcome this actually, I want his competitive streak to come out and the Sri Lankans actually worked this in our favour.

However, I don't defend him committing harakiri and suicide, as I said I didn't watch after Shabbir got out and I am not hugely frustrated by his batting, for me it is 18 runs and not out. But he is going to get out if he continues, what good can he do then? He has to talk to himself and find that out.

Some members are not going to have my explanation, but trust me when I say this, I have watched Bangladeshi cricket far too long to know what exactly they are going through. At this point of time, there is too much negativity around Shakib or he has built it up somehow, the build up of everything that has been happening is pouring out or poured out yesterday. I want Shakib to be competitive, I want a challenge thrown at him, I want to see him celebrating a wicket like there is no tomorrow, because when I see that I know Shakib is in for a bloody fight. But that's my opinion.
Old March 16, 2017, 06:20 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

BC is full of rumours.

It's better if you just read and laugh and believe 0% of it
Old March 16, 2017, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

You cant get your anger out for something or someone else out in the field. If Shakib continues today like this, he needs to go. Its simple. No room for this drama queen. It affects the whole team. Look we should have been talking about BD building up a lead and Mosa who is one of the best young players making his debut yet to bat and no we are talking about shakib's drama. After what he did yesterday, it makes the whole dressing room itchy and takes them on the edge. Think about it. When Shakib was doing his madness, Mosaddek was sitting at the dressing room next to come. What did he feel??? If anyone among you was in Mosaddek's shoe, how would you feel? This is the kind of bad impact I am talking about that his attitude is bringing upon the team members.
Old March 16, 2017, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

He basically threw Mosaddek under the bus by playing like that. If Mosaddek had to come out with 1 over to defend for his debut, it would have been his worst nightmare.
Old March 16, 2017, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Last but not least, we have seen this Shakib a lot of times, it was horrendous to watch on TV when he grabbed his crotch, but it also worked in our favour recently. Turn back the time and watch the match against India when Dhoni intentionally or unintentionally bulldozed Mustafizur and later when Shakib took his wicket you knew it brought out that competitive juice in him, or against Stokes when Shakib took Stokes out and ripped through England you knew the talk in the dressing room inspired him. You gotta understand, he plays 110 days in the calendar, he is just on the field for 110 days in the year, that is not his other commitments or even travelling. It is huge. He is in autopilot mode most of the times, except when a real challenge is thrown at him. I welcome this actually, I want his competitive streak to come out and the Sri Lankans actually worked this in our favour.
Interesting take. I agree. Lets see where this goes. Chances are Shakib will have less tez on him today. But if not, lets see what happens.

If Mushy and Shakib can bat out this session, we should be able to gain some sort of a lead hopefully. Still 4 batsman left for us to try and erase this deficit.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 16, 2017, 10:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Shakib is not a top order test batsman anymore. We need to look for a replacement batsman
Old March 16, 2017, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Alright folks now it's time to get behind him and root for him to get a big score
Old March 16, 2017, 11:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Why, because I don't get emotional easily and make my judgment based on facts and not opinions?

He's not the bowler he once was, but his batting in general has improved, his showing today was poor, but it's beyond idiotic to think he's not a great test player anymore, forget arguing whether he should be dropped from our average team on performance

Attitude behind the scene, no one knows
The only way you can back Shakib here is with emotion. If you go by facts, logic and professional attitude, shakib should be sent home straightway after this match
Old March 16, 2017, 11:28 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Alright folks now it's time to get behind him and root for him to get a big score
Agreed. We are still a lot of runs behind and we need him to score big.
Old March 17, 2017, 03:28 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Keep hating lads. Shakib loves his critics just like he loves his fans
Old March 17, 2017, 03:43 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The cricticism was for the way he played YESTERDAY. He applied himself today and played like a senior guy supposed to but it doesn't absolve him from his t20 suicidal batting the night before.

Other senior batsman of top teams do this day in and day out and even in this test we saw Chandimal do it. No need to have an orgasm for the fact that an experienced cricketer converted on his chances. This should be the norm and not an exception.
Old March 17, 2017, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Probably got stick for his performance yesterday.

Deserved it

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 17, 2017, 04:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The cricticism was for the way he played YESTERDAY. He applied himself today and played like a senior guy supposed to but it doesn't absolve him from his t20 suicidal batting the night before.

Other senior batsman of top teams do this day in and day out and even in this test we saw Chandimal do it. No need to have an orgasm for the fact that an experienced cricketer converted on his chances. This should be the norm and not an exception.
Exaxtly what I said in match thread. This should be the norm
Old March 17, 2017, 04:59 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ROFL with some of the so called fans here. It's almost like someone wanting to chop off their entire right arm just for twitching couple of times. And way to speculate about the guy's motive. So a guy who has been averaging 50+ from 2011 onwards just doesn't care about the national side? And why does everyone need to bring up him playing IPL, CPL and all the other leagues? What is so wrong about playing the other league? So it is okay for the likes of Kohli, Smith, Warner and co to play and earns a million, but it would be blasphemous for someone from BD to do the same? And where exactly has he disrupted the team atmosphere? That certainly seems like news to me. It seems like some of you here know more about what's going on inside the locker room than the fraudsters at kalerkontho.

Have you guys considered that maybe this was how Shakib had always played since his debut? Every good team this era had one or two batsmen that played aggressively in tests. Just look at Australia with Warner and Maxwell. Look at India with their entire lineup, everyone bar pujara is aggressive. When you have someone that takes the attack back to the bowler, then the bowlers start to think differently. Other teams would kill to have some one like Shakib in their arsenal. Just look at England gushing over Stokes, who doesn't possess half the talent of Shakib(He will be a nobody in a few years).

For god's sake, the guy just hit a double century like just two tests ago, and now people are calling to retire him for good? Do you guys listen to yourselves. I'm just glad Pappon isn't as fickle and isn't an utter moron to realize that someone who has been constantly performing is not the problem.

So my advice to all the so called fans(haters), at the end of the day numbers are all that matters. Shakib is someone who will always churn out the numbers. So it's futile to try to demonize him as the cause of the demise of the team.
Old March 17, 2017, 05:13 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
ROFL with some of the so called fans here. It's almost like someone wanting to chop off their entire right arm just for twitching couple of times. And way to speculate about the guy's motive. So a guy who has been averaging 50+ from 2011 onwards just doesn't care about the national side? And why does everyone need to bring up him playing IPL, CPL and all the other leagues? What is so wrong about playing the other league? So it is okay for the likes of Kohli, Smith, Warner and co to play and earns a million, but it would be blasphemous for someone from BD to do the same? And where exactly has he disrupted the team atmosphere? That certainly seems like news to me. It seems like some of you here know more about what's going on inside the locker room than the fraudsters at kalerkontho.

Have you guys considered that maybe this was how Shakib had always played since his debut? Every good team this era had one or two batsmen that played aggressively in tests. Just look at Australia with Warner and Maxwell. Look at India with their entire lineup, everyone bar pujara is aggressive. When you have someone that takes the attack back to the bowler, then the bowlers start to think differently. Other teams would kill to have some one like Shakib in their arsenal. Just look at England gushing over Stokes, who doesn't possess half the talent of Shakib(He will be a nobody in a few years).

For god's sake, the guy just hit a double century like just two tests ago, and now people are calling to retire him for good? Do you guys listen to yourselves. I'm just glad Pappon isn't as fickle and isn't an utter moron to realize that someone who has been constantly performing is not the problem.

So my advice to all the so called fans(haters), at the end of the day numbers are all that matters. Shakib is someone who will always churn out the numbers. So it's futile to try to demonize him as the cause of the demise of the team.
Pretty much this. except the bold part.

Papon is worse than these fan. He actually wanted to drop one of these existing senior apart from riyad. Injury of litton aparently prevented that.

Back on topic: I have been constantly criticizing shakib for last 1-2 years. But this? Never imagined our fan can be so delusional and fickle.

Not to mention that thread Senior culture is hurting our team.
Old March 17, 2017, 06:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

so what Sakib scored 116 ?
He did not score it for his country, he scored it to attract other franchise leagues like Maldive premier lg or Ghana premier lg, only to get richer and richer.
Old March 17, 2017, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

এদিকে অভিনেত্রী সুবর্ণা মোস্তফা সেখানে মন্তব্য করেছেন, ‘সাকিব আল হাসান একজনই। আগেও ছিল না, ভবিষ্যতেও হবে না।’