facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 26, 2009, 04:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Looks like Shakib i going to have to work his magic wiv bat and ball.

Old October 26, 2009, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Not to get in the middle of Al-F and NZfan but it is not fair to pass judgement on good/bad purely from the scorecard.

There are too many factors like what the score was, what are the powerplay overs were, how much pressure was on the team to score runs that play into how well a bowler bowled or not.

For example an opening strike bowler could take the top order early and another bowler not bolwing well could easily end up with 4/5 tail wickets at a lower economy because the batting team was under pressure to score or consolidate from an early loss.

On that same point, I think our Middle order has poorer stats than they should because far too often they come in during a collapse and are required to play a different role than they are comfortable with.
Old October 26, 2009, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

well, nzfan initially hinted that the bowlers bowled well, zim batted better. but if as he is suggesting, there were loads of dropped catches/edges, then is that really good batting? and if not, as is most likely the case, then its either a) really crappy bowling b) good bowling from really crappy bowlers or c) all of the above.

good bowling does not yield 335 in 50 overs, no matter who the opposition is or how flat the pitch is.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 26, 2009, 05:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

I never hinted they bowled well

I just saw you mention that they bowled poorly and since I'm a scientist I went "hey, how do you know they did"

Its not an arguement, just a discussion about whether or not you can tell purely from statistics whether a team bowled poorly or the other team batted well etc
Old October 26, 2009, 05:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
I never hinted they bowled well

I just saw you mention that they bowled poorly and since I'm a scientist I went "hey, how do you know they did"

Its not an arguement, just a discussion about whether or not you can tell purely from statistics whether a team bowled poorly or the other team batted well etc
even in science there are events of high likelyhood (probability) and low likelyhood. the likelyhood of the earth continuing its orbit around the sun = high. the probability of a giant asteroid obliterating humanity within the next year = low.

similarily, the likelyhood that a bowler got robbed of wickets is 50-50, but the probability of him bowling line and length and still going for 7 or 8 an over is quite low. i hope you will agree with me that figures of 5-75 in a ODI aren't very good, and no one took 5 wickets either. 0-35 >>> than 5-75 from a 10 over spell, and thats why i rate bowlers like syed rasel who are anything but your typical fast bowler.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 26, 2009, 08:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Hey they probably did not finish it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition