facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who do we want to play in the SF
India 17 36.17%
South Africa 30 63.83%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 10, 2017, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

I say we play SL.

Old June 10, 2017, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Why is Ashwin not playing? Is he injured? Leaving him out against SA would be a big mistake.
Old June 10, 2017, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
I say we play SL.
I'm hoping tomorrow's match will have a close finish and Pak vs SL will be totally one sided so we can draw SL or Pak.
Old June 10, 2017, 10:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Why is Ashwin not playing? Is he injured? Leaving him out against SA would be a big mistake.
Unlike Dhoni Kohli has shown faith in our pace attack, playing two spinners in England is a luxury not sure if we can afford, having said that I think Ashwin replacing Jadeja today would be the wise thing to do as Yuvi and Kedar could take care of the secondary spinning needs, Hardik won't be dropped for sure due to his big hitting capability lower down the order and we will lack speed without Umesh. Then again if AB decides to get back in form today it won't matter anymore who is bowling.
Old June 10, 2017, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

We need to win the toss today and let the Saffers bat first to have a chance, we are clueless dodos most of the times when it comes to set up a target.
Old June 10, 2017, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Anyone but India. These dudes don't mess around in big tournaments and tread very carefully against Bangladesh. I'll take saffas or Lanka, But ideal would be Pakistan. I fancy our batsmen to negate their bowlers, and other than Babar Azam, they don't have many batsmen of international quality.
Old June 10, 2017, 10:54 PM
Test Cricketer

I prefer to face South Africa over Indigenous people. Indigenous usually play 13 vs 11 against Bangladesh. hard to beat 13 players if you know what I mean.
Old June 10, 2017, 11:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
We need to win the toss today and let the Saffers bat first to have a chance, we are clueless dodos most of the times when it comes to set up a target.
Doubts creeping in?
Old June 10, 2017, 11:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

If India make it to the semis, ICC will do everything to help them reach the Final. Rooting for RSA today
Old June 10, 2017, 11:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Two conspiracy theorists already spotted, waiting for Lord Furqan and other heavyweights
Old June 10, 2017, 11:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

How do you know it won't be SL or PAK? Wouldn't you prefer any of these 2 to play against in SF?
Old June 10, 2017, 11:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
How do you know it won't be SL or PAK? Wouldn't you prefer any of these 2 to play against in SF?
It would be the best case scenario but not very likely to happen. Ind or SA cannot lose by more than a few runs and Pak or SL would have to win by a huge margin (100+ runs)
Old June 10, 2017, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
If India make it to the semis, ICC will do everything to help them reach the Final. Rooting for RSA today
True sir, even Batman can't save BD if India reaches semi.
Old June 10, 2017, 11:27 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Two conspiracy theorists already spotted, waiting for Lord Furqan and other heavyweights
you see why I want SA now?, if we only had to deal with the conspiracy theorists it would have been ok but with conspiracy theorists comes indian freedom fighters..constant bickering ruins decent posters..I remember one very decent Indian poster senman, was one of my fev indian posters here before the 2015 debacle. after 2015 the guy only comes in this forum to defend India and has belief that we only think about conspiracy
Old June 10, 2017, 11:37 PM
Test Cricketer

It's quite difficult for me to choose between India and SA. I want us to play against saffers in the semifinal but at the same time I don't want India to get knocked out of the tournament.
Old June 10, 2017, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
you see why I want SA now?, if we only had to deal with the conspiracy theorists it would have been ok but with conspiracy theorists comes indian freedom fighters..constant bickering ruins decent posters..I remember one very decent Indian poster senman, was one of my fev indian posters here before the 2015 debacle. after 2015 the guy only comes in this forum to defend India and has belief that we only think about conspiracy
Just a friendly banter sir, nothing more, I don't think Vepu da would mind much, anyways will try my best not to engage in anymore banters today and reserve my wits for the upcoming Ind vs BD match.

Have a nice day buddy
Old June 10, 2017, 11:45 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

yes just banter, clearly you weren't around 2015 here
Old June 10, 2017, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yes just banter, clearly you weren't around 2015 here
Nope I wasn't around, still I can somewhat understand what gigantic mess you guys had to deal with. I ain't replying to trolls today, neither posting anything even remotely provocative, you have my word, okay? Chill bruv
Old June 11, 2017, 12:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: VLC media player

Why only these two teams, when any two teams can qualify for Semi in this group?
Loser of next two games are out of the tournament in this group. If India lose today, they are out, same for SA.
Old June 11, 2017, 12:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Nope I wasn't around, still I can somewhat understand what gigantic mess you guys had to deal with. I ain't replying to trolls today, neither posting anything even remotely provocative, you have my word, okay? Chill bruv
yeah ok, just one piece of advise try to learn ignoring fools. you dont need to jump on every occasion to save India's somman! if one guy say India is a cheat that doesn't mean India cheats. what do you gain by proving him/her wrong. that guy/girl was wrong to begin with. In arguing with fools sometime you throw shots back(totally understandable) to BD. as a result normal posters get engaged for no reason..it goes on back and forth.
Old June 11, 2017, 12:16 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I for one will look forward to facing the Indians. I think we got an unfinished business here and have a score to settle with them.

Ideally I would love the following scenario:

-Face Pakistan in the semifinal and win

-Let India take care of England from the other side

-Face India in the final and win the cup.

The following scenario would make this the best result Bangladesh could hope for except for maybe winning the world cup.
Old June 11, 2017, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Wouldn't wanna play India, there will be a huge social media storm. Almost unbearable. India vs Bangladesh matches always created a media circus, with so much at stake in the Semi Finals I think if it happens it will be the biggest storm yet. Although, I don't care who we face, if India we would like revenge of the WC 2015, if Saffers we would want them to chocke. I hope we give guys like Shabbir and Soumya the FULL LICENSE to play freely, we are in with a good chance. We may badly need Taskin to really push India hard and the battle will be with the Indian batsmen and how Bangladeshi bowlers restrict them.

First though India has to beat the number 1 ranked team in the world. If SA clicks it will be very hard to beat them, they got one of the most explosive batting order in the world and their bowling has an awesome variety. In knockouts though Saffers are great chokers and historically they are a great team to play in knockouts. Today's game is also a knockout so I think we have a cracker on our hands today.

If we want to get past the Semi Finals, what I am hearing about Edgbaston also needs to come true. I mean the Bangladeshi fans need to be on the ground in massive numbers and outnumber the opponent's team. I think if we get our 12th man on the ground, and we have the young guys like Shabbir and Soumya playing fearlessly, it will be very very hard to beat our team. The team needs to think of this as just another match and play postivitely, fearlessly and most importantly freely. Think of wickets when bowling and think of runs when batting and not giving any chance to the opposition. I would like to just see green on the stadiums, and by what I am hearing there is a huge Bangladeshi presence around the area so there should be no excuse. If there was ever a case of needing our fans, THIS IS IT. We need all the Bangladeshis to be there for our Semi Finals. Please do not let us down!

The last thing I would like to request everyone reading this, stop trying to find faults with our team. Forget number 3, forget who is the extra 4th bowler, forget the captaincy errors, forget the young guns like Shabbir and Soumya out of form, let's start criticizing our opponents for once and really concentrate on the opposition. This will help the tigers play freely, in a knockout game I think that's what we need. We need to play absolutely fearlessly, there is no problem with the squad just think like that. We need the team united and we need the team firing on all cylinders, and this time we may need our young guns to fire BIG. That includes Shabir, Soumya, Mosaddek, Fizz.
Old June 11, 2017, 12:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Wouldn't wanna play India, there will be a huge social media storm. Almost unbearable. India vs Bangladesh matches always created a media circus, with so much at stake in the Semi Finals I think if it happens it will be the biggest storm yet. Although, I don't care who we face, if India we would like revenge of the WC 2015, if Saffers we would want them to chocke. I hope we give guys like Shabbir and Soumya the FULL LICENSE to play freely, we are in with a good chance. We may badly need Taskin to really push India hard and the battle will be with the Indian batsmen and how Bangladeshi bowlers restrict them.

First though India has to beat the number 1 ranked team in the world. If SA clicks it will be very hard to beat them, they got one of the most explosive batting order in the world and their bowling has an awesome variety. In knockouts though Saffers are great chokers and historically they are a great team to play in knockouts. Today's game is also a knockout so I think we have a cracker on our hands today.

If we want to get past the Semi Finals, what I am hearing about Edgbaston also needs to come true. I mean the Bangladeshi fans need to be on the ground in massive numbers and outnumber the opponent's team. I think if we get our 12th man on the ground, and we have the young guys like Shabbir and Soumya playing fearlessly, it will be very very hard to beat our team. The team needs to think of this as just another match and play postivitely, fearlessly and most importantly freely. Think of wickets when bowling and think of runs when batting and not giving any chance to the opposition. I would like to just see green on the stadiums, and by what I am hearing there is a huge Bangladeshi presence around the area so there should be no excuse. If there was ever a case of needing our fans, THIS IS IT. We need all the Bangladeshis to be there for our Semi Finals. Please do not let us down!

The last thing I would like to request everyone reading this, stop trying to find faults with our team. Forget number 3, forget who is the extra 4th bowler, forget the captaincy errors, forget the young guns like Shabbir and Soumya out of form, let's start criticizing our opponents for once and really concentrate on the opposition. This will help the tigers play freely, in a knockout game I think that's what we need. We need to play absolutely fearlessly, there is no problem with the squad just think like that. We need the team united and we need the team firing on all cylinders, and this time we may need our young guns to fire BIG. That includes Shabir, Soumya, Mosaddek, Fizz.
Old June 11, 2017, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yeah ok, just one piece of advise try to learn ignoring fools. you dont need to jump on every occasion to save India's somman! if one guy say India is a cheat that doesn't mean India cheats. what do you gain by proving him/her wrong. that guy/girl was wrong to begin with. In arguing with fools sometime you throw shots back(totally understandable) to BD. as a result normal posters get engaged for no reason..it goes on back and forth.
Look mate I am basically a chillin and **** kinda guy, Its been no more than six months since I joined yet made quite a few friends in this short timespan, even when I troll I maintain a personal code of decency, I always engage the poster never drag his nationality or anything, so unless I lose my marbels completely you will never ever see me abusing or generalizing, I see hardly any regular Indian members here so sometimes I had to step up is all, that being said I get your point and thanks for your generous advise, But I bet if you were in my shoes even you would have reacted strongly to some of the posts people made here.
Old June 11, 2017, 12:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

The other reason I say we need Shabbir, Soumya, Mosaddek in batting and Taskin and Fizz in bowling to fire on all cylinders is that the opposition will focus on the performers like Tamim, Mushfique, Shakib and Riyad. So these few can make it work on their favor if they want, we need them to fire desperately in the Semis, they are due for a big thing and I hope in the Semis all of them fire BIG.