facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 25, 2010, 06:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

People have to realize one thing: in countries like England, Australlia, Sri Lanka, India, South Africa many quality cricketers fail to make the national team due to a lack of need in that particular department in the Main XI. I mean how many guys can replace Jayasuriya, Pieterson, Ponting, Hayden?

Bangladesh should progress if not this year, or the next year, or the year after that, in the same league as these teams soon!

in these above mentioned countries, many domestic players fail to make the cut, just because the national team is too good to be replaced. Bangladesh should strive for this quality very very soon, where try =>hit and miss idelogy is vanquished from the mindset of the selectors and the cricket culture and only winners and only winners get admitted into the national team.

Period.

Old October 25, 2010, 06:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

no surprises.

Eventually XI will look like this out of 16 players...

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Jahurul / Raqibul
4. Junaid / Ash /SN
5. Shakib (VC)
6. Mushfiqur (WKT)
7. Mahmudullah
8. Shuvo/ Naeem
9. Mashrafe (Captain)
10. Razzak
11. Rubel/ Shafiul
Old October 25, 2010, 07:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Why would you drop Zunaid from #3 to #4. If Jahurul should play, he should play at 4 instead of Rock. And Rock or Jahurul should not bat at 3. And why would you have SN/Ash at 4? Why would you alternate Rubel and Shafiul? They both deserve to be in the team after the way they went during NZ tour.
Old October 25, 2010, 08:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Why would you drop Zunaid from #3 to #4. If Jahurul should play, he should play at 4 instead of Rock. And Rock or Jahurul should not bat at 3.
And why would you have SN/Ash at 4?
Zunaid is very tentative against Pace bowling. IMO, he is perfect for no.4. Both Jahurul and Raqibul plays quite slow beginning of their innings. So, if either Tamim or Kayes got out early, then Jahurul / Raqibul (i really hope that Jahurul gets chance to play) can spend sometime before losing another wicket in terms of Junaid at no 3. Same goes for Ash.

Quote:
Why would you alternate Rubel and Shafiul? They both deserve to be in the team after the way they went during NZ tour.
I dnt think, BD will play with 3 pacers. They will opt for 2 pacers. So, if Mash plays, then you have to chose from either Rubel or Shafiul. However, if Mash does not play, then the chances of playing both Rubel and Shafiul is very high.
Old October 25, 2010, 08:34 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal-Yusuf Pathan

where,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mohammed nazimuddin

nasir hussain

alok kapali

we need a finisher not mahmudullah or raqibulll,
Old October 25, 2010, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Shahadat and Rasel are not effective even at club level nowadays. Selectors need to get out of their cushy chairs and find couple of good pace prospects to groom.
Old October 25, 2010, 09:51 PM
Club Cricketer

About Zahurul, can some one please clarify his batting position? I have seen people wanting him to open, be a top-order, a middle-order, and a finisher. Is he that talented that he bat play in any position? Is there any player in the world that can do all these?
Old October 25, 2010, 10:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

The players that should be dropped for the upcoming tour are Rock, Ash, Shahadat, Rasel, and Riyad..though Zunaed should also be worried after this poor tour..
Old October 25, 2010, 11:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkandi4
About Zahurul, can some one please clarify his batting position? I have seen people wanting him to open, be a top-order, a middle-order, and a finisher. Is he that talented that he bat play in any position? Is there any player in the world that can do all these?
I like this boy very much. Actually I like his no nonsense attitude. I would give him any position he wants (had I that kind of power) and of course the gloves as well.
+++
Kisu supporters and selectors asey jara current affairs shomporkey janen na. For example: Ash's 2010 ODI SR is less than Rakibul. Avearge is 19 whereas, Rakibul has 26 or so. And then there is the foolish outs we have seen over 200 times (All three formats) at least.

Imagine that!! Is that possible? I mean we are talking about Rakibul here who bores the heck out of everyone. Even Mostafa Kamal.

The only thing Ash needs is a bou. May be that would change his ever sliding average to an upward curve. Babu Bangla Koi geli ray? Thada (ram thada) pora ekhono bondho hoi nai.
+++
As for the team, Junaid needs a lesson. Sit him out and get SN there. Enough with the frikish outs and no responsible innings.
+++
Actually all of those who played in the last series and did worse than their career average needs a BIG WARNING. Mushi, Riyad, Junaid and Rakibul. We should have the depth to swap with quality player.
Old October 25, 2010, 11:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Ashraful again ! Why?
Old October 26, 2010, 12:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
No Alok, Dollar and Aftab BUT Rokibul is still there BCB
Yeah and why no Javed Omar? Where the heck is Tapash Baisya?

BCB Sucks.
Old October 26, 2010, 02:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Good to see Hommie in there! I hope and pray he delivers when the time comes sooner rather than later.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 26, 2010, 02:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Adam Gilcrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Yeah and why no Javed Omar? Where the heck is Tapash Baisya?

BCB Sucks.
you use the word suck a lot!
Old October 26, 2010, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax
you use the word suck a lot!
You suck!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old October 26, 2010, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i feel like opening a thread called why no alok kapali?
Old October 26, 2010, 10:53 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Date: Monday, 25 October 2010
Media Release
Bangladesh preliminary squad for ODI Series against Zimbabwe

The training camp of the Bangladesh Preliminary Squad for the ODI Series against Zimbabwe will start on 31 October. The following cricketers have been selected for the camp:

Shakib Al Hasan, Masrafe Bin Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Shahriar Nafees, Zunaed Siddique, Roqibul Hassan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Md. Sohrawordhi, Naeem Islam, Jahirul Islam, Syed Rasel, Nazmul Hossain, Mohammad Ashraful, Shahadat Hossain, Shuvagoto Hom.

The players selected in the preliminary squad will not be available for their respective Divisional team's after the third round (29 October) of the first phase of the National Cricket League 2010-11 one day competition.

Media & Communications Department, BCB
Not too bad, except for Ash and Rock.
Old October 26, 2010, 10:55 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i feel like opening a thread called why no alok kapali?
What has he done since coming back from ICL??

Couple of 's here and there is not enough to be in the BANGLADESH team!!!

Plus, his bowling sucks!!! so far his econ rate 6+ in NCL.
Old October 26, 2010, 10:57 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
To see Roqibul scoring 30 from 90 balls against Zimbabwe
It will be 15 from 90 deliveries. It will be the inning that stabilizes the middle order and will be hailed as the inning of the millennium.
Old October 26, 2010, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I feel like Mashrafe is becoming a burden to our team. I don't doubt how good a bowler he is. Definitely the best bowler in our short history playing cricket at the highest level. I really don't, but if he's gonna be on and off on our team like this, then it can really be bad for developing bowlers who are always showing their mettle (Nazmul etc). If your gonna keep calling Mash up, I really don't think even considering him for captaincy is smart.
Old October 26, 2010, 08:02 PM

I fear, like Mahmudulla, Nayeem, then Shuvo ... the new guy Hom may end up as mediocre as them with bat. Despite have high hope among us this has become a failing trend in our team, something must be wrong in the process and that bald guy must have to work hard on it.
Old October 26, 2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
I feel like Mashrafe is becoming a burden to our team. I don't doubt how good a bowler he is. Definitely the best bowler in our short history playing cricket at the highest level. I really don't, but if he's gonna be on and off on our team like this, then it can really be bad for developing bowlers who are always showing their mettle (Nazmul etc). If your gonna keep calling Mash up, I really don't think even considering him for captaincy is smart.
I am also feeling the same way, and may be Mash also started to feel the same way. Coming Zimbo series will be crucial for him, if he want to be in the WC team. He must have to be fit and perform much better, its been more than a year since he performed any good.
Old October 26, 2010, 09:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Have to agree with that..he's just getting too injured nowadays..he's gonna lose a lot of pace now and with the rise of Shafiul and Rubel who have a lot more pace and variations, I see it tough for him to even find a spot now..he's been a good bowler for us but time has come where he could be left out of the squad soon..it happened to Rasel so why not to Mash? After the England win I have to admit that I wanted him to be captain but now Shakib lead the team to a whitewash and you have Mushy who can lead the team as well so Mash should worry now about getting healthy and trying to be a decent bowler again..
Old October 27, 2010, 01:02 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Mashrafi needs to work on his batting... with reduced pace and the improvement of Shafiul and Rubel, Mash's place simply as a bowler is not looking too solid.. but couple of years ago he was in great batting form... remember him hitting 5 sixes against India... He needs to get that big hitting form back... then we will have some fire power at the death...
Old October 27, 2010, 01:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
What has he done since coming back from ICL??

Couple of 's here and there is not enough to be in the BANGLADESH team!!!

Plus, his bowling sucks!!! so far his econ rate 6+ in NCL.
Some people are born for big occassions; Kapali is one such player. He can lift his game against tough opponents. I like to see him at # 7. He is not as worthless as Mullah/Nayeem/Rok in ODIs.
Old October 27, 2010, 06:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

We need alok in the place of rokibul. Good to see Ash back. He'll be shakib's trump card in the wc if shkb is the cap. Rokibul..i won't take him even in my para team,my para batsmen are far more talented from this bloke. Hell...even i'll be happy to see Rajin, nafis iqbal, or even sanuwar(janowar) instead of this dumb retarded(or retiring?) idiot! Why isnt alok in his place? Ugghh..mejajtai kharap hoe gelo..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition