facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 24, 2013, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Mohammad Golam Nabi, an activist:

Quote:
বরিশালে একটা কথা আছে বেশি চুদুর বুদুর কইরেন না। ধরা খাইবেন।

যারা লাশের মিছিল তৈরি করেছে আর যারা তাদেরকে বাঁচাচ্ছে তাদের জন্য এই কথাটাই মনে পড়ল। সরকারকে বলব চুদুর বুদুর বাদ দিয়া খুনীদের ধরুন। বিচারের ব্যবস্থা করুন। দুই চারটে মন্ত্রীকে বরখাস্ত করুন। কয়েকজন প্রকৌশলীকে জেলে পুরে দিন। গার্মেন্টস মালিক যারা শ্রমিকদের বাধ্য করেছে ফাটল ধরা ভবনে যেতে তাদেরকে জেলে ঢোকান। যে এমপি ভবন মালিককে উদ্ধার করে পালাতে সাহায্য করেছে তাকেও আটক করুন।

বিচার করুন। শাস্তি দিন। যেকোন ধরনের অর্থ লেনদেন বন্ধ করুন। বিচার ও শাস্তি যেন বাধাগ্রস্ত না হয়। এসি রুমে বসে মুরগীর ঠ্যাং চিবালে আর সিনেমা দেখলে-

ধরা খাইবেন।

Old April 24, 2013, 11:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

who owns these garment factories in mid floors. Sure a lot of wrong went in here. poor foundation, illegal extensions etc etc.... but what is astounding is that there were cracks throughout the walls and the higher end workers ie the bank workers were told to stay clear. so there were one whole day where the building should not only habve been empty but close proximity should have been kept clear as well.. however if i am reading this right and i feel like throwing up everytime i read this that the poor garment workers were ordered to present to work or lose the job.....

I am sorry and hate to say this, many of you probabaly own garment factories in bd too but a lot of blame has to go to the above decision. i think a criminal case of manslaughter should be filed against these ppl.

regarding the structural problems, i dont know what to say, i feel like every single building in dhaka is a disaster waiting to happen. if ppl are not punished, it will be accepted as norm and accidents but its not norm and they are preventable...
Old April 24, 2013, 11:30 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The situation is this bad because we never ensured proper punishment for past crimes. Anyone with political affiliation and money can get away. The owners of these garments also knows that. There will be a fake investigation and govt will try to see which BNP leader was in the vicinity and arrest that guy first.
Old April 25, 2013, 12:26 AM
Cricket Savant

My sincere condolences to the victims.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 25, 2013, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The situation is this bad because we never ensured proper punishment for past crimes. Anyone with political affiliation and money can get away. The owners of these garments also knows that. There will be a fake investigation and govt will try to see which BNP leader was in the vicinity and arrest that guy first.
Yeah - who had the temerity to shake the walls of the building. Damn you.

PS: don't know the antecedents of the FB brook. This showed up on my wall.
Old April 25, 2013, 12:37 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Bangladesh is trending world wide on twitter for all the wrong reasons.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
How people become so inhuman! This is beyond belief. Something needs to be done, I don't know what as the government is full of idiots who won't do anything and will be busy to shift blames to others. This catastrophe may happen again as there are many more buildings that have been built by low quality material without conforming to any building code by these influential political goons. Will the youth of the country rise again like they did in Shahbagh? I hope they do and come out in numbers to save the countrymen.
hasailen vai.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 25, 2013, 01:03 AM
Banned

I am waiting to see how much money the families of dead people receive in comparison to the money and benefits received by army personnel who were killed during the BDR mutiny.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Why the hell is Khaleda going to Savar in the afternoon? The rescue workers, don't need Khaleda/Hasina shedding their crocodile tears at the spot.

They bring with them thousands of 'party activists', security - ekta media circus, kono lojja shorom nai ei dui mohilar. Unless you're going to dirty your manicured hands to shift debris, stay the F away from Savar.

Also - disgusted that ppl like Mk Alamgir and MK Anwar are trying to score political points. We all saw what MK Alamgir said but earlier in the day MK Anwar from the BNP went on tv and said, why are there thousands of ppl working during Hartal, the govt made them work as a part of 'hartal birodhi' campaign. Really? You corrupt retard, during every hartal you and AL call, millions continue to work, why? Because they don't get 'donations' like you.

Also BGMEA - trying to pin this completely on the building owner(he is 65% responsible) but the garments owners knew the building was unsafe, which is why it was closed down the day before yesterday. So, for them to now try to claim innocence is really messed up.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
I am waiting to see how much money the families of dead people receive in comparison to the money and benefits received by army personnel who were killed during the BDR mutiny.
why is this a topic of ?compensation so early in a tragedy? I have seen previous posts mentioned this as well. Don't lose focus of the main problem.

I mean what is your point? I don't get it. Maybe I am living out of BD all my life that's the prob.... i mean is it because most of the dead and injured are likely poor garment workers?
Old April 25, 2013, 01:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riajul
hasailen vai.

Na haisha, why don't you get some of your friends to do something about it. Ghore boshe it's fun taking shots at shahbagh, remind me what you've done lately.

Maybe Hefajat can add this to their agenda to save islam, after all they amended their agenda to include Mahmudur Rahman - you seemed pretty keen on them.

@firstlane - they are cheap labor, ei deshe cheap labor-r obabh nei, they will not get 1% of what the BDR guys got.

-No banks lined up to give them monthy stipends
-no pensions
-no one off cheques
-no plots in exclusive areas
-no free higher education for their kids

Maybe 2-5lakh taka from the govt and 2-3lakh from BGMEA

Latest: Death toll at 175 and injured + rescued at 1500
Old April 25, 2013, 01:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Garments workers have surrounded BGMEA Bhabhan and lots of roads leading in and out of dhaka have been blockaded by angry workers

Good - now to surround the residences of a few ministers and Rajuk high ups.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

People should do a fund raise. Boston raised 40 millions USD in one week. Dhaka can raise few crores i think.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiators
Na haisha, why don't you get some of your friends to do something about it. Ghore boshe it's fun taking shots at shahbagh, remind me what you've done lately.

Maybe Hefajat can add this to their agenda to save islam, after all they amended their agenda to include Mahmudur Rahman - you seemed pretty keen on them.
i dont want to do a ku-torko here with you. What your government/anti government, shahbag/anti shahbag have done so far ? Nothing but they are playing dirty games with general public.

Old April 25, 2013, 01:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
why is this a topic of ?compensation so early in a tragedy? I have seen previous posts mentioned this as well. Don't lose focus of the main problem.

I mean what is your point? I don't get it. Maybe I am living out of BD all my life that's the prob.... i mean is it because most of the dead and injured are likely poor garment workers?
This is precisely why - so many of these people were sole bread winners of their families. In some cases, both husband and wife worked in the same facility and are now dead, leaving behind orphans.

God forbid, if my father was to die today, I would be ok - I wouldn't have to worry about my next meal but I can't same the same for the children of my bua or driver. So, shunte baaje laage, taka..taka...but it really is important for these people.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:28 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

An additional cause for worry is the fact that scientists have warned about impending earth quake in Bangladesh for years now and yet we don't seem to have heavy equipment ready for one collapsed building!
Old April 25, 2013, 01:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Garments workers have surrounded BGMEA Bhabhan and lots of roads leading in and out of dhaka have been blockaded by angry workers

Good - now to surround the residences of a few ministers and Rajuk high ups.
wait until polish starts firing.

Old April 25, 2013, 01:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

@iDumb - fund raising. We've gone to 3-4 mosques in dhanmondi(including Eidgah masjid) to talk to imams to try to convince them that the money raised tomorrow - Friday prayers - should be donated for the Savar victims.

Half a million mosques in this country - every friday they receive tons of money. I think this is a simple and effective and hopefully honest way for everyone to contribute.

Jani na, amader request/suggestion koto tuku onara amol-e niben.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
An additional cause for worry is the fact that scientists have warned about impending earth quake in Bangladesh for years now and yet we don't seem to have heavy equipment ready for one collapsed building!
They spoke to the Lt.Col from the Engineering Corps running this operation and he said they brought along heavy equipment, but they don't want to use them while there is still hope of survivors.

Collapsed floors are still connected by rods - so they can't simply lift and pull away chunks of big debris, it would cause another internal collapse and more misery.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:44 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by riajul
wait until polish starts firing.

Bhai Polish people are very friendly and not too many in BD as far as i know
as myself

-I want both you and Gladiator to not engage in your political arguments anymore in this thread.
as Mod
Old April 25, 2013, 02:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Better safe than sorry: Cracks in another commercial building - http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...n-mohammadpur/
Angry workers react: http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...test-in-dhaka/
More anger: http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...r-narayanganj/
Old April 25, 2013, 02:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
"আমারে বাঁচান ভাই,আমার পায়ের দরকার নাই, আমার পা কেটে আমাকে বের করুন ভাই । আমি বাঁচতে চাই। আমার একটা ছোড পোলা আছে ভাই। আমারে এহান থেকে নেন ভাই।"
এভাবে আজ সকালে একজন
হতভাগা মহিলা বাঁচার জন্য একটু
আকুতি জানাচ্ছিল। তার পায়ের উপর বিশাল একটা দেওয়ালের অংশ পড়ে ছিল ।

Old April 25, 2013, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

^^if only the people who tries to commit suicide can learn something by this...
Old April 25, 2013, 02:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Fire Service Sources: Building had approximately 3500 people at time of collapse - they've cleared around 2000, that leaves another 1500 still inside the rubble.

Even if we take a optimistic view, and say, 500 of those people will be rescued alive, that leaves another 1000 fatalities.

Haire Khoda - if this is true
Old April 25, 2013, 02:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Fire Service Sources: Building had approximately 3500 people at time of collapse - they've cleared around 2000, that leaves another 1500 still inside the rubble.

Even if we take a optimistic view, and say, 500 of those people will be rescued alive, that leaves another 1000 fatalities.

Haire Khoda - if this is true
oh my Allah, its huge number.