facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

This post makes some good reading. But having said that, I think we should be more concerned about our top-order producing some runs in either the Sl or the IND match, than arguing if dropping pilot was right. Becasue I think that is a more important issue. As for Mushfiq, I think he will do just fine. In the coming WC, his average may be even higher than that of Ash's.

Old February 18, 2007, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

I just think both pilot and mushfiq should have been in the squad, this controversy would not have erupted, and we would have taken 2 very good players on the team. At the end of the day, the decision to drop pilot had nothing to do with cricket or his recent form or mushfiq's superior talent but had more to do with typical bangladeshi decision making process. I think all I can do as a fan is just wish the team that is going well. But you do get a sinking feeling in the stomach that all will not go well.
Old February 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiq
But you do get a sinking feeling in the stomach that all will not go well.
As usual, we really have only ourselves to blame if all doesn't go well. Why create unnecessary pressure on the kid by pushing CB to include Pilot in the team? Why all the nation-wide bidroho? Why not just accept Mushfiq and hope for the best? Instead EVERYONE, including the fans, ex-cricketers and reporters had to pile the pressure up and create tension. i don't blame the media that much because they earn their bread off creating controversies, but at least the fans, and more importantly the ex-cricketers, should realize that their actions have consequences. Us Bangladeshis are just too emotional - we never think rationally, and it looks like the individual always comes before the benefit of the country.

When I read about the "No Pilot no world cup" drive, shobgulare jhata peta korte iccha korsilo. natoker ekta limit ase.
Old February 19, 2007, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
As usual, we really have only ourselves to blame if all doesn't go well. Why create unnecessary pressure on the kid by pushing CB to include Pilot in the team? Why all the nation-wide bidroho? Why not just accept Mushfiq and hope for the best? Instead EVERYONE, including the fans, ex-cricketers and reporters had to pile the pressure up and create tension. i don't blame the media that much because they earn their bread off creating controversies, but at least the fans, and more importantly the ex-cricketers, should realize that their actions have consequences. Us Bangladeshis are just too emotional - we never think rationally, and it looks like the individual always comes before the benefit of the country.

When I read about the "No Pilot no world cup" drive, shobgulare jhata peta korte iccha korsilo. natoker ekta limit ase.
Well, I cant blame fans, but ex cricketer and media! They are the one who should get your 'jhata peta'. They are the one making it all emotional and conspiracy issue.
Old February 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Agree completely with Billah.
Leaving out Mashud is a big mistake and a bigger injustice. As an wicket-keeper he is by far the best we have.

And those who are speaking about his batting, his secondary duty, must have forgot that he bats lower down the order (7, 8 or 9) and against easier teams like kenya and Zimbabwe he does not usually get a chance to bat. He is there in the middle when the team is facing a collapse and a face-saving effort is necessary. YOu can hardly think about the scoring rate. After being set, Pilot is quite capable of accelerating at the death. Most often he runs out of partners. You could easily see his last few performances against the likes of Australia, England and Sri Lanka. Among our batsmen everyone except Nafees and Aftab is 'DuDhvat' at present.

And now the way he is left out before from a major event is deally depressing. If Rahim is doing exceptionally well, he could be selected as a batsman. This does not mean that you have to dump the best wicket-keeper. I wish all the good luck to Rahim. But once he is incapable of sustaining all the pressure, I am sure he will also be dumped like Selim. Poor selectors!
Old February 19, 2007, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
In this last 10 innings, he always tried to keep himselft not out by exposing tail-enders to the opposition bowling attack and out of this 10 times he only succeded 3 times to keep himself not out. So, his percentage of success in that trying in being not out was 30% only.

This is simply a concern of lacking commitment to the team.
Pilot himself is a lower-middle to tailender. He bats usually at positions 7, 8 or 9. Against the weaker teams he is usually not needed to bat. He most often comes as a rescue act against the likes of Australia, England and SL. So, by commitment do you mean, it would be better, if he was hitting a 15 balls 20 and then getting the team all-out?
Old February 19, 2007, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I am sure he will also be dumped like Selim. Poor selectors!
well Selim was never going to make it in the team for long. mushfiq is in a totally different class, and the selectors know it. a few failures will not be enough to dump him.
Old February 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
well Selim was never going to make it in the team for long. mushfiq is in a totally different class, and the selectors know it. a few failures will not be enough to dump him.
ATMR, it is unjustice to this kid at any case. If the selectors were determined to give him a chance, why wasn't he selected much earlier in stead of pilot? And it is really sad that he has to bear all these comparisons with pilot. That's a huge pressure, especially for a major event like the world cup.

About the class thing, we have seen many classes so far....Rajin or Ashraful or Nafees Iqbal...none of them was a class lower than him and now we know the result
Old February 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

We only got 3 matchs in First round. India & Srilanka will be explosive. You have to score or chase above 300. If you want make an upset against them you have to be explosive there. No holding back. I am happy with first eleven with Shahriar Nafis and Tamim Iqbal openning in first ODI. If tamim fail replace with Rajin Saleh. Pilot very very rarely effective in big scoring game. Please end this pilot saga and wish good luck to WC team except JO. I am sick of this Man.
Old February 19, 2007, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Billah,

Agree with you on the Rajin and JO selection. I would have gone with Farhad and TI/Rana. Don't forget Rana was phenomenal in the ODIs in Windies.
Cricket. In time he will see the situation for what it is and no doubt come back to serve the cause in a different role.
I am just reading this thread today.

I liked Pilot's exclusion and I'd be supre disappointed if he got back in the team because of after-the-fact arguments. But Billah successfully planted some doubt in my mind.

But then, what a post RazabQ! I'm back in reality now.

Old February 19, 2007, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

For the strike rate fans:

Pilot: 54.84
Rajin: 54.82
Bulbul: 56.59
Akram: 56.71
Golla: 52.21
HB: 61.49
Ash: 70.33
Nafis Iqbal: 54.40
Aftab: 86.09
Mushfiqur Rahim: 56.13
Sakib: 69.77
Mehrab jr.: 43.76

So, I dont see any great improvement in the scoring rate, if Mushfiq is playing in stead of Pilot. What do you think?

And one more thing, out of his 9 ODIs Mushfiq played 7 matches against Zim and 2 against Scottland. What you do get from this stat? Decision is yours!
Old February 19, 2007, 03:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

pilot will come back very soon......

i want him to be playing in the TEST matches.. hes a very goood test player....
Old February 19, 2007, 03:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
For the strike rate fans:

Pilot: 54.84
Rajin: 54.82
Bulbul: 56.59
Akram: 56.71
Golla: 52.21
HB: 61.49
Ash: 70.33
Nafis Iqbal: 54.40
Aftab: 86.09
Mushfiqur Rahim: 56.13
Sakib: 69.77
Mehrab jr.: 43.76

So, I dont see any great improvement in the scoring rate, if Mushfiq is playing in stead of Pilot. What do you think?

And one more thing, out of his 9 ODIs Mushfiq played 7 matches against Zim and 2 against Scottland. What you do get from this stat? Decision is yours!

ora shobai TEST khele ODI match e... except.. ash, sakib and aftab...

strike rate diye bd team e kisu hobena..shobaii slow.. kintu slow hole o run to asha dorkar.. sheta.. amader PILOT bhai korte parennna...odi te...

but he willl be better in test matches...
Old February 20, 2007, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
ora shobai TEST khele ODI match e... except.. ash, sakib and aftab...

strike rate diye bd team e kisu hobena..shobaii slow.. kintu slow hole o run to asha dorkar.. sheta.. amader PILOT bhai korte parennna...odi te...

but he willl be better in test matches...
Murad bhai, actually 2006 a Khaled Mashud er average onnoder tulonay onek better, jodio KM Zim-Kenyar moto dudh-bhat team er against a bat korar sujog kom pae

Apni tar last 20 ODIr performance dekhlei bujhben, take baad deowar karon ar jai houk, performance na.
Old February 20, 2007, 10:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Baundule bhai,
With the exception of 1 or 2 matches in all other matches our batting collapsed. So Masud did not get a chance is not true. He actually jeoperdise the sitution. Remember the second match againest Kenya in Kenya.
He is not a team man that is already proven. I am just giving one example. He could not keep for Abahoni. He played as batsmen. To accomodate him Abahoni drop reguler keeper Kuntal. Then he is playing as a late order batsmen. None of the matches he played came before number 6. his performance - only an odd 20. If he is a team man he should drop himself or play in top order. And I am not talking about the WC2003 report. If you have the time please read it. I think we have it here
But anyway lets move on and wish the best for our team

Last edited by nobody; February 20, 2007 at 10:22 PM..