facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 28, 2011, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Shamim's just a bad omen to us......something drastic happens whenever he comes in the commentator's box.

Old October 28, 2011, 11:10 AM
Street Cricketer

We tend to be overcritical at times. Athar is no worse than many a sub-continental commies. He holds his own in the box when other BIG FISH commies go about their merry way of putting down Bangladeshi cricket and commentators. He is the best we have got and actually has a working knowledge of the game. Shamim guy is just a joker and an embarrassment.

Go Ata!
Old October 28, 2011, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
my word
my god
out she goes
would you believe it?
LOL become obvious what he going to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat
We tend to be overcritical at times. Athar is no worse than many a sub-continental commies. He holds his own in the box when other BIG FISH commies go about their merry way of putting down Bangladeshi cricket and commentators. He is the best we have got and actually has a working knowledge of the game. Shamim guy is just a joker and an embarrassment.

Go Ata!
He is still good compare to many others.
Old October 28, 2011, 12:18 PM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Despite being an opener, Athar was not picked to bat in the final match of ICC Trophy 97 even after 8 wickets fall. The match demanded quick fire but Athar was not famous for quick runs. So, Gordon Greenwich decided not to send him to bat. I heard that Athar was deeply shocked and humiliated by that approach but eventually we won the match and that mattered most.

To me, Athar was one of the most technically sound batsmen Bangladesh has ever produced. He was a true Test batsman. I still remember his couple of innings in Asia Cup and his Great innings with Mohammed Rafique where he and rafique scored 137 runs opening partnership against Kenya to have our first ODI win. [if i am not mistaken]

I may not like his stammering commentary but that does not affect my respect for him as one of the greats in Bangladesh Cricket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Not just at that time, I think he would walk into the squad even today. For all his shuffling across the stumps, he did offer a pretty straight bat and was decent at playing the hook and the pull. Even today, his slow medium bowling could come in handy on a highly part time basis. A bit slow for ODIs, yes, but a) he was an opener and b) those were times when batsmen were greater sissies than they are today.

He was the first ever Player of the Match for BD in ODI against Sri Lanka in Asia Cup 90.
Old September 1, 2014, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

in case anyone interested to hear Atahar speaking bangla , also what he thinks about BD tour to WI .
Old September 1, 2014, 04:44 PM
Banned

Ki beadob oi host!
Athar bhai bolley ki dosh hoito chagol ?