facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 28, 2007, 12:53 AM
BC Editorial Team

Jasone Bourne rocks - to the extent the new Bond tried to imitate its gritty action style. And yeah Damon is the perfect uber-spy.

Old August 28, 2007, 05:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Jasone Bourne rocks - to the extent the new Bond tried to imitate its gritty action style. And yeah Damon is the perfect uber-spy.
No doubts whatsoever. Our JB is MTV, theirs is Perry Como singing Christmas carols in an all-white suburb. Matti D versus all those British cheeseballs put together is like Australia versus Mugdapara Boys Kiriket Ilebhen ... no contest.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 28, 2007, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
heh heh, I have the entire feulda collection in compilations: Pahare Feluda, Kolkata Feluda and Feludar Shopto Kando. I also have the Professor Shonku compilation. This is what I do when I go to dhaka. Wife buys clothes, I buy books
Did you get the photocopy versions? Nowadays it's impossible to get any genuine Ananda Publishers compilation. I had to pay full price for photocopies. Somehow I was able to get genuine print of Sera Satyagit / Aro Satyajit.

I hate those Nilkhet pirates
Old August 29, 2007, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
I hate those Nilkhet pirates
Without the Nilkhet pirates, my high school education (O/A Level) would have cost 10x more.
Old August 29, 2007, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

It is because of Nilkhet pirates your books would have cost 10x more.

Without them, at best it would cost 2x-3x more, and you could get much better quality books.

I'm not against pirating stuff which people can't afford anyway. But they will pirate just about everything. It is because of them people can't buy genuine stuff even if they can afford it. I'm not talking about books which cost 10K+, but books which cost 200tk - 500 tk.

It's depressing to see how they have destroyed the book market of Bangladesh with a bunch of photocopy machines.
Old August 29, 2007, 02:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I've never purchased pirated books simply because I can afford the real thing. I do purchase pirated DVDs and software, all too often from outfits that vehemently oppose book piracy. Go figure.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 29, 2007, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't think I've ever bought photocopied books that weren't for school. I only ever went to Nilkhet to get school books or question paper collections. Everything else I bought originals from New Market.

As for Feluda, I own all the individual books from Kolkata (bought over the years from Boi Mela), but they are all back home. A couple of years ago my sis sent me 4 collections (the 3 RazabQ mentioned and "Feluda Panch") by mail ... they all look like original Ananda publications to me. I didn't even know they were photocopying these cheap books now. :X
Old August 7, 2009, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Maaaan! I've finished all the movies available in youtube (Bombayer Bombete, Joi Baba Felunath, Shonar Kella, Koilashe Kelenkari, Bakshyo Rohosshyo) and found one in another Bangla website. Dr Munshi'r Dairy. In case one is interested: http://banglanatok.us/2009/05/doctor...ndeep-ray.html

Any other movies or drama serials available online? I've hurt my fingers searching for one everywhere but couldn't find one. I remember watching ''Joto Kando Kathmandute'', ''Boshpukure Khunkharapi'', ''Gosaipur Sargaram'' back in days in BD. Anyone knows to where to watch or download them from? Please
Old August 7, 2009, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Maaaan! I've finished all the movies available in youtube (Bombayer Bombete, Joi Baba Felunath, Shonar Kella, Koilashe Kelenkari, Bakshyo Rohosshyo) and found one in another Bangla website. Dr Munshi'r Dairy. In case one is interested: http://banglanatok.us/2009/05/doctor...ndeep-ray.html

Any other movies or drama serials available online? I've hurt my fingers searching for one everywhere but couldn't find one. I remember watching ''Joto Kando Kathmandute'', ''Boshpukure Khunkharapi'', ''Gosaipur Sargaram'' back in days in BD. Anyone knows to where to watch or download them from? Please
I have watched those one whice are available in youtube. I'm searhing for other ones too. will let you know if I find any. do you know where to get - the new Feluda movie "Tintorettor Jishu" ?!!
Old August 7, 2009, 05:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

they used to show it in BTV too...
Old August 8, 2009, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
I have watched those one whice are available in youtube. I'm searhing for other ones too. will let you know if I find any. do you know where to get - the new Feluda movie "Tintorettor Jishu" ?!!
I found some links in rapidshare I think but they ask to pay. Could not find a single free link
Old August 8, 2009, 11:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Are you looking for texts or videos only?
Old August 8, 2009, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Are you looking for texts or videos only?
I have download books as pdf format from other sites but now here I'm looking for videos.
Old August 8, 2009, 01:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I love Kolkata and am a big fan of Feluda/ Topshe/ Lal Mohon Ganguly's adventures and the great Shotyajit Roy!
Old August 8, 2009, 02:09 PM
Cricket Savant

There can be a no feluda thread without my sign...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 8, 2009, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

but feluda did not have a beard..
Old August 8, 2009, 05:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Movies, videos, telefilms are what I need, man! I have finished all the Feluda books, maybe except one or two stories. Guys, whoever finds 'Tintorettor Jishu' movie anywhere online or also the drama serials that they used to show in ETV Bangla, Tara Bangla or BTV; please post the link here.
Old August 10, 2009, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

আহ এতোবার প্রতিটি বই পড়েছি অথচ কখনও পুরানো মনে হয় নাই। সত্যজিত রায়ের নিরাসক্ত বর্ননা যেখানে একবিন্দু কোন কিছুর আধিক্য নেই সত্যিই কালজয়ী রচনা।

এখনও পড়ে যাচ্ছি মাঝে মাঝেই।
জয় বাবা ফেলুনাথ।
Old August 10, 2009, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

I couldn't bring much books of Tin Goyenda from back home, but got all the Feluda books. .....tripty jay na ekhono, shei 1996 shaal theke ......movie link, anyone?
Old September 27, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

And it's Tintorettor Jishu time, people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UeAx...x=0&playnext=1
Old September 27, 2009, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

thanks Purbasha... finally someone uploaded this. This was made quite a while ago. Lets see how much Shandip Roy butchered the original this time....
Old September 27, 2009, 11:42 AM
Cricket Legend

I dont get this...

original Feluda books (like any other detective plots) builds up the case throughout the book and then reveals the culprit/criminal at the very end as the climax of the story....

but with all these Shandip Roy's feluda drama, he starts with the bad guy, showing how he commits the crime, and eventually gets caught by the end of the drama. Where is the suspense or fun or twist in this? or is the director assuming we all read Feluda and just know who the bad guy is...
Old September 27, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks, haven't been able to see TJ till now...
Old September 27, 2009, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

im a huugggeeeeeeeee Feluda fan.. i hv read most of it.. i dont enjoy the movies as they give away too much information bout the suspect.. i dont hv any particular favourites as i love all of them.. the first one i read was shonar kella.. then i got a book called "shreshto Feluda" as a gift.. i have completed it 3 times.. it contains 8 of the best Feluda stories (choosen by the publisher).. it has-
Robertsons Ruby
Baksho rohoshsho
Shomaddarer Chabi
London-e Feluda
Bombayer Bombete
Noyon Rohossho
Ghurghutiar Ghotona
Jahangir-er shornomudra
(they are all in random order)
Old September 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
I dont get this...

original Feluda books (like any other detective plots) builds up the case throughout the book and then reveals the culprit/criminal at the very end as the climax of the story....

but with all these Shandip Roy's feluda drama, he starts with the bad guy, showing how he commits the crime, and eventually gets caught by the end of the drama. Where is the suspense or fun or twist in this? or is the director assuming we all read Feluda and just know who the bad guy is...
I guess that really is the case. Though it might not hurt us, the readers, much, but people having not read the stories before will find it weird to find the suspense out of equation (in a movie supposed to create suspense) long time before the movie ends.................And this particular movie, I didn't really like much as well. Sandip Sahab did too much editing with this one and even changed parts of the movie completely (even more than his previous ones).

Last edited by Purbasha T; September 27, 2009 at 06:11 PM..