facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2007, 12:09 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

I know that there are other folks coming in from Virginia (USA). I'll try to get in touch with them by this weekend.

Ideas for a Get together ?

- cricket Matches and football matches.
- cricket adda (hopefully no politics, whenever BD folks get together, it ends in fistfights - BOROI LOJJAJONOK - don't want to be part of that.
- music (bangla, preferably)

Also
- there'l be some folks on one corner getting drunk and passed out. everyone's welcome.

Old March 7, 2007, 12:44 AM
Club Cricketer

we can plan someting while we will be there.
Old March 7, 2007, 08:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

I told u guys that it would be fun to have pre-party! In barbados there are bars, where the cover is US$ 20 and booze is free til midnight or some of them are totally free except heineken.. darn..and they dont even have Canadian or Labatt Blue
Old March 8, 2007, 02:42 AM
Street Cricketer

Salam Dear Brothers and Sisters!!
me and 8 other freinds are going to Trinidad for the World Cup matches.7 of us are Bangladeshis and it would be really cool to hang out during the game, go in groups, sing and cheer for our Tigers!! Also we'll be holding placards and I would grately appreciate innovative ideas for writing the placards which will inspire our talented Tigers. Please email me any lines that you think could be vital or just post it here; I can even put BanglaCricket at a corner of the placard if you guys want.

We will be staying from 16-25th, attending Bangladesh Vs India, Bangladesh Vs Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka Vs Bangladesh . For getting together my phone should be working 1-514-570-8041

Hope to hear ideas...

Ra'ad
shahpur.mia@gmail.com
ps. Tehsin bhai you got the tickets! Great! So I can throw the insurance receipt ?

Last edited by Ra'ad; March 8, 2007 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: typos
Old March 8, 2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Ra'ad,

Got the tickets, thanks brother.
Are you guys going to be any closer to me or am I sitting to far to be part of the group ? If we get ten people, we can get ten t-shirts reading - B A N G L A D E S H. White preferably. Should be easy to get/make.

What are your plans in between the matches ?

What's the third match you're planning to go to ? You have bd vs Sl twice.
Old March 8, 2007, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

please use triple B's "We've all been there" image for one of the banners.
Old March 8, 2007, 01:06 PM
Street Cricketer

I meant Sri Lanka Vs India as the third match. two of us will be in TObago and the rest in Trinidad. But on the 16th we'll all be in Trinidad. Tobago seems to be really nice and it's also much cheaper (very good hotel for $65 per night, for 2 person compared to trinidad's $180 crappy hotel) with all sorts of activities: snorkling, scuba diving and all that ; on the 18th all of us will be partying in Tobago, you and the gang are mostly welcome to join, we can have a huge celebration party as inshallah we'll win agianst India.

The problem was we were stupid in buying our tickets. we only have sittings together for 5 of us; Tehsin bhai, your seat will be very close to ours but I don't think the whole word BANGLADESH can be written wearing T shirts. but we can certainly scream together and make some noise !

any ideas on placards?
Old March 8, 2007, 01:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Hi mates....Here is my schadule and atlast my hotel in Port-of-Spain have fixed. I will stay at Hotel Alicia's Palace and the address is
1 3/4 Mile Post
Lady Chancellor Road
St. Anns
Port Of Spain
Tel: + 1 868 624-8553
Fax: + 1 868 621-1016
You can SMS me to +491773290052 or mail me to zubair_rony@hotmail.com.
I will reach to POS on 16th march evening and depart for miami on 26th march morning.
Hope to see you all soon in POS.
Old March 8, 2007, 06:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Here are my details:

SL v BD
blk 170 row 4 seat 18

Ind v BD
blk 221 row 8 seat 4

I am also at Alicias from 16th to 17th . Going to Tobago on sunday 18th
Coming back to POS on 20th Tuesday and staying again at Alicias up to 22nd.
My cell is available upon request, but Tehsin is also at Alicias so we can plan something. Cheers.

ps- any idea on how to travel to Tobago from POS??
Old March 8, 2007, 08:59 PM
Street Cricketer

You can take Tobago Express which has frequent flights from Trini to Tobago back and forth. the cost for round trip is US $50; I'll be staying in Tobago's 'Tobago Island Suites' Hotel from 16th-25th and fly to Trinidad for the mathes . You can also take ferry which takes 2.5 hours one way and cost for round trip is US $16. There are only 2 ferry's each day from tobago to Trini (one at 6:30 am) and 2 from Trini to Tobago (one at 4/5pm depending on the day) . Ferry Schedules can be found here :

http://www.patnt.com/ferry_schedule.shtml

http://www.patnt.com/documents/ss_mar07.htm
Old March 9, 2007, 02:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I am going to be there along with 2 other friends from the 16th till the 22nd. We will be staying in a hotel in Maraval which is about 15 minutes drive from the Queens Park Oval. We will be off to Tobago on the 18th (T&T Express ferry @ 8:30 am) and will be coming back on the 20th afternoon (T&T Express ferry @ 5:00 pm). As for the matches, we will be going to the 'Bang vs Ind' and 'Bang vs Sri' matches and will be seating in sections 253 and 251 respectively ( Cyril Duprey Stand).

Wondering whether there would be any get together or a cricket match on the 16th or any time later. We are bringing bats, tennis balls and tapes, so it would be fun to play some cricket there.

*** Zobair bhai are you going?
Old March 10, 2007, 08:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra'ad
You can take Tobago Express which has frequent flights from Trini to Tobago back and forth. the cost for round trip is US $50; I'll be staying in Tobago's 'Tobago Island Suites' Hotel from 16th-25th and fly to Trinidad for the mathes . You can also take ferry which takes 2.5 hours one way and cost for round trip is US $16. There are only 2 ferry's each day from tobago to Trini (one at 6:30 am) and 2 from Trini to Tobago (one at 4/5pm depending on the day) . Ferry Schedules can be found here :

http://www.patnt.com/ferry_schedule.shtml

http://www.patnt.com/documents/ss_mar07.htm
I will be commuting in my friend Anthony's love boat. *wink*:p I might have some room so contact me guys before the matches.
Old March 11, 2007, 01:10 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Some of you have already shared your contacts, here's mine: 7035077503 is my cell. Let's have a get together including a cricket match (tennis ball preferred, don't want to get injured on vacation), music and adda among other things.

So again, let's go ahead and share our individual contacts so we can arrange this.
Old March 11, 2007, 10:09 PM
Club Cricketer

Is it possible to meet somewhere after 1st game so that we can play some cricket on the 18th?
Old March 15, 2007, 01:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Safkat and Roi, I tried calling you guys... where are you?
Old March 15, 2007, 07:26 PM
Street Cricketer

Default contact

James Bond,
I didn't get your contact. My number is 1-514-570-8041. We should definitely party, play cricket and stuff ..

Ra'ad
I'll SMS the few contacts I have once I'm in Trini in a few hours
Old March 16, 2007, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

I'll be in Trini night of the 20th thru SUnday morning the 25th, staying at Alicias Palace and/or with local friends. I'd be up for a meet up either the night before the BD-SL game or after the game on Wed. Some of you have my cell, I'll text you when I get there.

really horrible to hear about rana....
Old March 17, 2007, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

We( i.e me and my wife) have arrived. Met up with Tehsin and shall head off to stadium in couple of hours. So far weather is fine. Any guys here pls contact Tehsin as my cell is crap.

May Allah bless Rana's soul. I really feel awful and recollect memories of my last West Indies trip where I had the privelege to talk privately with such a fine BD player. Inshallah we will win.
Old March 17, 2007, 06:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

TAKA WOOSOOL Match... Thanks God I came to WI to watch the matches. now I guess I have to change my flight plan to stay longer... anywas.. it was a good game.. I hate to say that India didnt show any sportsmanchip at all during the game.. specially Munaf Patel cursin Tamim after he hit 6 on his ball.. Thanks to umpite for askin Munaf *** Patel to back to bowling line.. BUT main thing is.. WE WON.. .we are having boat part here in Trini..yayayyyyy... BOOOZEEEE
Old March 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra'ad
James Bond,
I didn't get your contact. My number is 1-514-570-8041. We should definitely party, play cricket and stuff
Ra'ad
I'll SMS the few contacts I have once I'm in Trini in a few hours
Raad, I tried callin you as well, straight to voice mail.. where are you? I left a message as well.

Last edited by JamesBond; March 18, 2007 at 04:48 PM..
Old March 18, 2007, 04:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Thanks God, I atleast could get a hold of Tehsin... I had a chat with him... Tehsin hopefully will talk to you around 9 pm local time.

Ra'ad i tried you twice.. no luck.. left voice mail with my crappy broken voice..

Safkat_19 still no luck getting a hold of you.. left u voice mail with my crappy broken voice as well

Roi.. no luck getting a hold of you either.. not even ur VM.
Old March 20, 2007, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

If I can wake up in the morning, finish packing and make the flight out of Chicago I hope to be in Trini in the evening Tuesday! JamesBond, what's happening on your love boat - are you all just leaving messages for each other or is there some serious adda & partying happening down there? Guess I'll find out soon enough...
Old March 20, 2007, 08:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Good luck Rafiq bhai. Take lots of pics and share with us
Old March 20, 2007, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

wonder if any of the bangladeshi fans i saw on the stream the other day were BC members, and if so, which ones.
Old March 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiq
I'll be in Trini night of the 20th thru SUnday morning the 25th, staying at Alicias Palace and/or with local friends. I'd be up for a meet up either the night before the BD-SL game or after the game on Wed. Some of you have my cell, I'll text you when I get there.

really horrible to hear about rana....
Rafiq vhai...i am also in Alicia's palace and my room number is 13.Call me to 4601595...that is my local handy.