facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 6, 2009, 11:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Kolkata Knight Riders Bowling attack would now look like :

Ishant Sharma
Mashrafe Mortaza
Ajantha Mendis
Murali Kartik
Ranadeb Bose / Sourashish Lahiri /Ashok Dinda /Dada
I rather think the bowling attack will be like this
Ishant
Mash
Ajit
Mendis
Cris Gale/Kartik

But I wonder who will KKR leave to make place for Mash (because of the stupid rule of only 4 foreign players in a match)?
Cris gale (Open/spin)?
Mendis (spin)?
McCullum (wk)?
Ponting (middle)?

Seems like Ponting have to rested to make space for Mash !!!

Old February 6, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
IBut I wonder who will KKR leave to make place for Mash (because of the stupid rule of only 4 foreign players in a match)?
Cris gale (Open/spin)?
Mendis (spin)?
McCullum (wk)?
Ponting (middle)?

Seems like Ponting have to rested to make space for Mash !!!
Actually, that expalins why KKR did not bid for Shakib. If there is a 4-player limit, who are they gonna leave out from the above? None actually.

It seems between Shakib and Mashrafe, they decided to go for Mashrafe.
Old February 6, 2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Actually, that expalins why KKR did not bid for Shakib. If there is a 4-player limit, who are they gonna leave out from the above? None actually.

It seems between Shakib and Mashrafe, they decided to go for Mashrafe.
yes that makes lot of sense.

But Mashrafe was always rated better by us Indians. Anyone we can't play well we would rate them high. Sakib should wait and prove it to the Indian team he is a very good player then I am sure he will go for a high price in IPL2010
Old February 6, 2009, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Gayle/McCullum/Hussey will play all matches if they're fit/available. Mashrafe has to contend with Agarkar/Kartik/Mendis for a spot. If they play Kartik as the spinner (2 spinners in the playing XI is extremely unlikely), Mash will probably get in.
Old February 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Im not sure if Gayle is there for the entire season, if he's not there then Mashrafe will definately play. I also i doubt whether Ricky Ponting will also be there especially with the Ashes soon after and he wouldnt want to be injured, so then Mashrafe is in again. Im sure Mashrafe will be more favourite as a choice than David Hussey, since he is explosive with the bat and also he is the only foreign fast bowler they have (as Gul is unavailable for this season). So hopefully, quite a few games for Mortaza!
Old February 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

I thought NZ/SA players are 100% available, but the WI/Pak players are not available at all. Aussies will miss most of the season too, if not all. Hussey bros are regular in Aussie team now.

Sakib doesn fit well with KKR because they have Mendis. On the other hand, with Gul & Akhter out, Mash fits like a glove.
Old February 6, 2009, 12:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Proud Mortaza credits hard work
Cricinfo staff
February 6, 2009

Mashrafe Mortaza, the Bangladesh allrounder, has said his lucrative IPL contract is a reward for hard work and a consistent season. Mortaza, 25, was picked up by the Kolkata Knight Riders for $600,000 after a protracted bidding war with Kings XI Punjab that saw his value shoot up to 12 times the base price.

"Obviously I am pleased. I feel this is a result of all the hard work I have put in over the years and also a reward for being consistent this season," Mortaza told PTI.

Mortaza's value to Kolkata was no surprise, both in cricketing terms - the Knight Riders are without Shoaib Akhtar and Umar Gul - and as a "local hero", given his ethnicity. What did raise eyebrows was Punjab's relentless bidding, and Mortaza offered one explanation for that. He said Yuvraj Singh, the Kings XI Punjab captain, had promised him to take him on. "I often had conversations with Yuvraj and he said he would take me in his side," Mortaza, who figures at No. 8 in the ICC ODI rankings, was quoted as saying.

That Punjab's pursuit of Mortaza was not just a red-herring to catch Kolkata off guard was confirmed by franchise stake-holder Preity Zinta. "Mortaza is a great player, an all-rounder and we wanted him. But you win some, you lose some," she said.

Mortaza is excited about playing in Kolkata, and under Sourav Ganguly. "I have lots of friends and fans in India. I love being there and it is a pleasure to play in India, he said. "Kolkata is just next door and I know how much people there admire Bangladeshi cricketers… my challenge is to go over there and prove my worth."

Lalit Modi, the IPL chairman, said he thought Mortaza's signing made great business sense for Kolkata. "We were all very surprised (at Mortaza's price tag), but it makes great sense for them. Bangladesh falls in Kolkata's catchment area under a new proposal we are discussing on letting franchises stage matches overseas. This could work well for KKR later."

Mortaza's windfall was acclaimed by his captain, Mohammad Ashraful - who himself was signed up by the Mumbai Indians. "I am very happy for Mash [Mortaza] as he has been outstanding day in and day out for us."

The one Bangladesh player who surprisingly didn't make the cut, though, was Shakib Al Hasan, and Mortaza spared a thought for him. "I would have been a lot happier if Shakib had got a team because he truly deserved it for his sensational form with the bat and ball," he said.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl2...ry/389524.html
Old February 6, 2009, 01:00 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

mash will play most of the match.......if not why did mr KHAN bought him than 600k?
BTW i can't wait what MR. KHAN WILL SAY ABOUT HIM........
Old February 6, 2009, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I don't really care if he gets to play in all matches and to be honest I dont want him to play all matches. I'd rather he plays fewest matches possible with good performance and keep his body fit for our national matches. He'll get his money as long as his available for IPL even if he doesn't get to play a single match.....so no worries there. But his performance in each and every IPL match will only make a passage for other BD players.
Old February 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I don't really care if he gets to play in all matches and to be honest I dont want him to play all matches. I'd rather he plays fewest macthes possible with good results and keep his body fit for our national matches. He'll get his money as long as his avaible for IPL even if he doesn't get to play a single match.....so no worries there. But his performance in each and every IPL match will only make a passage for other BD players.
well i know what youre talking about with match fitness/injuries. But I mean all these world stars in IPL are playing, and theyre not really that worried about injuries. Injuries can happen even if you play domestic cricket in India. So honestly itll be an amazing experience for him if he plays as many games as possible.
Old February 6, 2009, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharjilh
well i know what youre talking about with match fitness/injuries. But I mean all these world stars in IPL are playing, and theyre not really that worried about injuries. Injuries can happen even if you play domestic cricket in India. So honestly itll be an amazing experience for him if he plays as many games as possible.
yeah but not all players are as injury prone as Mash, especially with his knee. Do you not remember what we've gone through duing the time when he was out of cricket for over 2 years, man that was like dark age of BD cricket after a very good promising start by Mash. I don't want to relive that again and avoiding that era is worth more than billions $$$.
Old February 6, 2009, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I don't really care if he gets to play in all matches and to be honest I dont want him to play all matches. I'd rather he plays fewest matches possible with good performance and keep his body fit for our national matches. He'll get his money as long as his available for IPL even if he doesn't get to play a single match.....so no worries there. But his performance in each and every IPL match will only make a passage for other BD players.
Good post!
Old February 6, 2009, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Good for him. He is as good an opening bowler as anyone these days. He is a good fielder, can be very handy with bat, and makes perfect sense for KKR due to the proximity to BD. Above all, he is an entertainer, and keep in mind that IPL is not your typical Sunday league. It is a mixture of entertainment , glamour and cricket. In that sense, the two most glamorous cricketers from BD have made it.
Old February 6, 2009, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

But he is only earning his base price!!! He will only earn 50000$ per year which is not much actually. But it's ok probably in the next auction he can fetch a better one!
Old February 6, 2009, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
But he is only earning his base price!!! He will only earn 50000$ per year which is not much actually. But it's ok probably in the next auction he can fetch a better one!
make it correct it is 600000$ per year, so, don't you think it is huge money?
Old February 6, 2009, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
after all these buzz, flopping pitersen, flintoff like superstar in bidding news do we deserve to hear mash getting only 50k?
Come on man its 600k per year.
Old February 6, 2009, 01:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Looks like Masri has Lots of Friends in the Indian Team to thank for, He's thinks is Yuvi who got him paided.

Masri is Certified Millionare now
Old February 6, 2009, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Sorry correct me if I am wrong here guys, I am speaking with my senses, I heard that the players agree to play for ipl for a base price and they are bought by IPL for that much if a team buys them, but the amount that is extra the team pays to IPL so in a way IPL is making the profit of that extra amount and the players are getting the base price. Something like that, please confirm thanks.
Old February 6, 2009, 02:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Sorry correct me if I am wrong here guys, I am speaking with my senses, I heard that the players agree to play for ipl for a base price and they are bought by IPL for that much if a team buys them, but the amount that is extra the team pays to IPL so in a way IPL is making the profit of that extra amount and the players are getting the base price. Something like that, please confirm thanks.
No, It's an Auction the Players get all of it

Mashrafe is in the end will get paid 84 Million Taka or so Depending on Inflation.
Old February 6, 2009, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

he will definately get enough match i'm sure..i mean they paid him $600,000...i'm sure they are not dumb enough to pay somebody $600,000 just to warm the bench...
Old February 6, 2009, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
No, It's an Auction the Players get all of it

Mashrafe is in the end will get paid 84 Million Taka or so Depending on Inflation.
I don't think mash will get the whole chunk.

he'll have to pay income tax to the BD government, then chanda to the local AL mastaans and then take the whole team and the officials to Sheraton and then he may have some left for him, so after all that I'm not too envious.
Old February 6, 2009, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Wasn't expecting that.. took me by surprise, goodluck to mash, hope he performs well and represents bangladesh cricket in a good way..
will be following all matches where BD players are involved.
Old February 6, 2009, 02:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Its a 2 yr contract, which means he will get $300K per year. You think that not much?

Quote:
The amount is no joke. I never thought I could earn such a big amount of money by playing cricket.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=74708
Old February 6, 2009, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Why are some folks surprised for Mash's price? Think about it:

1. Mash is a better T20 player if compared to Sakib
2. Mash can pinch hit...Sakib can't
3. Mash lives closer to Kolkata
4. Biggest of all reasons...Kolkata needed a pacer...and they were desperate

Don't be surprised. I'm surprised about why people are surprised for Sakib not being sold. He's a good temperment player. He needs to focus on ODI and Test. T20 is not his piece of cake.
Old February 6, 2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Its a 2 yr contract, which means he will get $300K per year. You think that not much?

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=74708
Sorry yaar wrong again its a 2 year contract alright but $600k each year. That means if Mortaza remains injury free and available to KKR for 12 weeks in 2 years he will be $1200K richer.