facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 18, 2010, 08:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Excited to see how good the SL batsmen did..congrats to Pravatina and Sangakarra..looks like the Lankans are gonna pile up a good 600 runs on the board and then declare..on the other hand India's batting might be #1 in the world but with this bowling their not gonna be #1 for long..absolutely horrendous display with the ball..from the start Ishant was dishing out complete garbage..Mithun looked impressive though and he could become a pretty good bowler at this level..Ojha was very average out there as well..India really should drop Ishant and give another pacer a chance..their must be better pacers then that giraffe..

Old July 18, 2010, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

damn, indians had a very hard day... harbhajan only good thing in their bowling line up btw why did they put ojha when they could have putten mishra?
Old July 18, 2010, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Whenever I see Srilanka batting in Test I wish I could watch two of our batsmen scoring century for each including 200+ partnership
Old July 18, 2010, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
Whenever I see Srilanka batting in Test I wish I could watch two of our batsmen scoring century for each including 200+ partnership
we could learn a lot from the Lankans..the way they bat is a treat to watch..their extremely gritty in the middle as well..they don't let anyone get in their way..our problem in tests is we still cannot bat for a long period of time..Zunaed and Mushy have been the only batsmen that have shown the temperament and skill to play test cricket..Tamim is really the only exception in terms of how he plays..I rarely see our batsmen scoring 200 ball centuries..
Old July 18, 2010, 12:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
damn, indians had a very hard day... harbhajan only good thing in their bowling line up btw why did they put ojha when they could have putten mishra?
ojha outperformed mishra by a long way in the warm up match
Old July 18, 2010, 01:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Poor Indian bowling attack.

What happend to RP Sing and Irfan Pathan?
Old July 18, 2010, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I like Kumro-Potsh's fantasy team title, that was one of my favorite books.
Old July 18, 2010, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

that's my team.
Old July 18, 2010, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
No one makes any1,Malinga was born to be a good bowler,the talent was inside him,Champaka just helped him out,that's all.
Its impossible and also absolutely idiotic for a coach to "build" a Malinga. A coach can make bowlers like Ryan Harris, Doug Bollinger, Chaminda Vaas. But they can't create bowlers like Malinga, Wasim Akram and if I am being lenient Rubel hossain. Because these guys have very unorthodox way of bowling and maximum a coach can do is just guide them a bit and help them refine their action. If Champaka tried to turn Malinga into an orthodox bowler he may never have been the menace he is now.
Old July 18, 2010, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

akram was quite orthodox. perhaps you mean waqar ?
Old July 18, 2010, 09:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Neel Here, since your a big India fan could you tell us some up and coming pace bowlers from India? If Ishant is really 1 of the best they got then thats pretty sad..the guy actually has talent but he's completely lost it after starting off strongly..I mean you look at Mithun..he doesn't have express pace or anything but his line and length was impressive..whats wrong with having another player like Mithun? If India have some good up and coming pacers then its time to try them out..
Old July 18, 2010, 09:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Neel Here, since your a big India fan could you tell us some up and coming pace bowlers from India? If Ishant is really 1 of the best they got then thats pretty sad..the guy actually has talent but he's completely lost it after starting off strongly..I mean you look at Mithun..he doesn't have express pace or anything but his line and length was impressive..whats wrong with having another player like Mithun? If India have some good up and coming pacers then its time to try them out..
india actually showed lots of promise in pace depart ment......... zaheer khan, nehra, then pathan and balaji, then came sreesanth, munaf, rp singh, vrv singh and then ishant sharma. recenlty tried was dinda, yadav ........

problem is none of them has consistecy in either form or fitness ....... and with too many options most of the times selectors pichs the wrong bunch considering form. once munaf and rp was in form they selected sreesanth and sharma.

i thing very soon india will consider bringing their next young sensation javed unadcut, who is taking the u-19 and A cricket by storm. a left arm pace in wasim akram mold according to wasim akram who saw him during the kkr days.
Old July 18, 2010, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

not much news there I'm afraid.
this bowling attack looks so bad because of 2 consecutive injuries to zaheer and sreesanth. ishant won't have made the playing 11 had they played. the kid definitely has talent but he is too inexperienced and low in confidence to lead the attack. I think he would have bowled better if zaheer was there at the other end. in the last test he played against RSA at eden gardens he bowled beautifully even though he didn't have the results to show for it.
other than that there are a couple of u19 kids but that's about it. dinda and company are not test material. guys like RP are still young and can still make a come back. that's what I'll be hoping.

it's jaydev unadkat, not unadcut !
Old July 18, 2010, 10:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
india actually showed lots of promise in pace depart ment......... zaheer khan, nehra, then pathan and balaji, then came sreesanth, munaf, rp singh, vrv singh and then ishant sharma. recenlty tried was dinda, yadav ........

problem is none of them has consistecy in either form or fitness ....... and with too many options most of the times selectors pichs the wrong bunch considering form. once munaf and rp was in form they selected sreesanth and sharma.

i thing very soon india will consider bringing their next young sensation javed unadcut, who is taking the u-19 and A cricket by storm. a left arm pace in wasim akram mold according to wasim akram who saw him during the kkr days.
Zaheer Khan is still a very good bowler but ya the rest you mentioned were talented but inconsistent bowlers..pathan made the mistake of focusing too much as a batsman which probably ended him..Balaji was not very good either..Dinda and Yadav I doubt will be any good..RP Singh was talented but inconsistent and Sreesanth well the less said the better..Nehra is actually some one they could give a go actually..ya he's not great but he's been ok for India in ODIs so why not give him a go in tests?
Old July 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
not much news there I'm afraid.
this bowling attack looks so bad because of 2 consecutive injuries to zaheer and sreesanth. ishant won't have made the playing 11 had they played. the kid definitely has talent but he is too inexperienced and low in confidence to lead the attack. I think he would have bowled better if zaheer was there at the other end. in the last test he played against RSA at eden gardens he bowled beautifully even though he didn't have the results to show for it.
other than that there are a couple of u19 kids but that's about it. dinda and company are not test material. guys like RP are still young and can still make a come back. that's what I'll be hoping.

it's jaydev unadkat, not unadcut !
well you pair anybody with Zaheer and you will look good..he's a beast..having an experienced star pacer always helps..in our case having Mash there in the team helps the team a lot..You say though he's too inexperienced though..23 tests and 41 ODI seems like he's got a lot of experience under his belt..I don't think its that..I think it mainly has to do with immaturity and indiscipline..just the way he composes himself gives me the impression that he's not mature enough to be leading an attack..he has energy and passion I'll give him that but his line and length is all over the place..I think its time to give him a break from the national team and fight his way back and let him earn it..I feel like he's taking the national team spot for granted when other people could take his spot..I think Nehra might not be bad but Unadkat would be a good option as well..
Old July 18, 2010, 11:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Sreesanth well the less said the better
it was sreesanth's bowling on a flat pitch that gave India an innings victory against SL last year, just before the BD series. he is definitely the most talented Indian pacer for sometime. RP was instrumental in the away series win against england in england. so, all these guys have performed well in the past and have shown that they have the ability, it's a matter of doing it regularly.
nehra is unlikely to find a place, he is very injury-prone and didn't have a great record in the 15 odd tests he did play.
Old July 18, 2010, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

IS problem is mostly lack of confidence and he is not mature enough to lead an attack, especially when he is not in the best of form. that's what I meant by inexperience. he doesn't need to be dropped, he has performed decently in the last tests he played. what he needed was quality match practice and less limited overs cricket but the selectors didn't pick him for the A-team tour to eng.
Old July 18, 2010, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
it was sreesanth's bowling on a flat pitch that gave India an innings victory against SL last year, just before the BD series. he is definitely the most talented Indian pacer for sometime. RP was instrumental in the away series win against england in england. so, all these guys have performed well in the past and have shown that they have the ability, it's a matter of doing it regularly.
nehra is unlikely to find a place, he is very injury-prone and didn't have a great record in the 15 odd tests he did play.
I didn't mean Sreesanth is a bad bowler..I was talking about his attitude..I mean its ok to be a little over confident but the guy really over does it which I can't stand..his beamer against Pieterson and the way he cried after Bhajji just slapped him just shows how unstable the guy is..no doubt he's talented but he needs to become a lot more mature if he wants to play for India..RP has got a good build and has the pace but ya he's very inconsistent..Nehra's improved a lot since those days he played tests so it might not be a bad idea..but if he's injury prone then its probably better not 2 risk it..
Old July 18, 2010, 11:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
IS problem is mostly lack of confidence and he is not mature enough to lead an attack, especially when he is not in the best of form. that's what I meant by inexperience. he doesn't need to be dropped, he has performed decently in the last tests he played. what he needed was quality match practice and less limited overs cricket but the selectors didn't pick him for the A-team tour to eng.
He has an average of a 43 this year which is not good but not terrible either..ya the selectors should have let him play against England and see if he could get his rhythm back..
Old July 18, 2010, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

attitude ? sreesanth is a circus clown, a couple more tight slaps from harbhajan would have done him right.

43 avg is terrible for an opening bowler but it doesn't reflect how he has actually bowled, sometimes you just bowl without luck. even yesterday he should have got couple of wickets easy.
going by his bowling his avg should have been around 35. he is a promising guy who bowls well in phases and poorly at othertimes. when you are out of options you stick with the guy and hope he comes good.
Old July 19, 2010, 01:22 AM
Cricket Sage

There will be no game today.
I wonder why Srilanka hosting games in Monsoon season! They do this every year.
Old July 19, 2010, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
ojha outperformed mishra by a long way in the warm up match
oh okk
Old July 19, 2010, 08:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
attitude ? sreesanth is a circus clown, a couple more tight slaps from harbhajan would have done him right.

43 avg is terrible for an opening bowler but it doesn't reflect how he has actually bowled, sometimes you just bowl without luck. even yesterday he should have got couple of wickets easy.
going by his bowling his avg should have been around 35. he is a promising guy who bowls well in phases and poorly at othertimes. when you are out of options you stick with the guy and hope he comes good.
Thats what I was saying he was out of control..ya he bowled with passion but he always got carried away..he needed to tighten up the screws big time..he has plenty of talent and is still young so he can get better but he needs to mature up..

Well thats the case with our bowlers 2 haha..they bowl some beauties and then bowl garbage..ya he was a bit unlucky but I think what happened was that he really outperformed in Australia and then there was such high expectations on Ishant but after that he just couldn't live it up just yet..realistically he's got a ways to go but since he performed so well at 1st people thought he was so good..I guess since India doesn't have any other options I guess they have no choice but boy do they need Zaheer Khan back..
Old July 19, 2010, 10:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Finally the game is starting on time.
Old July 19, 2010, 11:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Finally the game is starting on time.
really ..... we need the BD vs Ned game to start on time more than this one