facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 21, 2004, 07:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Saurav
Such 'India bashing' on the basis of the opinion of one Indian journalist is really amusing!
Do you really visit the site often? I don't think so!! This site has published numerous articles against Bangladesh's test status. So I think it was not appropriate to write on objective reasoning without really knowing really well what the fuss is all about!!

On the other hand, I do agree some of the board members went overboard with anti-indian posts! Surely, Bangladesh as a test nation has miles to go before catching up with India.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Optimist]

Old April 21, 2004, 07:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

1) Someone said India has won its first Test in 20 years - Let's get the facts straight here, India achieved its first Test victory in 25 Tests, but they managed to draw 11 Tests of those 25. On the other hand, Bangaldesh has lost 26 of its first 28 Tests, and the other two were draws because they were simply washed out
Please note the point of debate.....20 years was the point! Let us check back Bangladesh's performance after 20 years! 28 match in 20 years and 28 match in 4 years is not the same thing!!
Old April 21, 2004, 07:49 AM
Club Cricketer

The only way Bangladesh can shut up other people is to perform.

[Edited on 4-21-2004 by chinaman : Moderation.]
Old April 21, 2004, 07:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default To Rho:

What are you talking about? Is this supposed to be a joke? Can you explain why Bangladesh should not be playing test cricket? The second point is even more silly. Are you aware that Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe in an ODI recently? And not against this current weak Zimbabwe side. You might also want to know that our A team beat Zimbabwe A team very recently? So what exactly is the point you are trying to make?
Old April 21, 2004, 07:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rho
BD shouldn't be playing test cricket...
BD cannot even win LOIs.... let them beat the current Zimbabwe 'A' team first...
Don't think you have any idea what you are talking about!! Please check the recent results if you have access!! Bangladesh A team has beaten Zimbabwe A team in both 4-day match-series and limited over series. Please check
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/ZIM-A_IN_BDESH/
Old April 21, 2004, 07:55 AM
Club Cricketer

For Optimist

You are right about the fact that I visit this site sporadically.

Getting back to the argument - There was a World War between 1932 and 1952, which robbed many years off from India in terms of international cricket. Secondly, at that point of time India used to play hardly 3 Tests a year, whereas Bangladesh plays about 8-9 Tests a year.

The '20 yrs' argument is a manipulated and a misleading argument, it hardly reveals clear facts. On the other hand, comparing similar number of Tests is much more objective and measurable
Old April 21, 2004, 08:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
For Optimist
Getting back to the argument - There was a World War between 1932 and 1952,
Are not you joking!! Please check the world war dates!!!!
Old April 21, 2004, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

That cricketnext journalist is himself a joke and less aware of history of test playing countries where some of them took ages to grab the first test win.

And Rediff.com is impossible! They still didn't add Bangladesh on their test and ODI point table. This is insanity!
Old April 21, 2004, 08:07 AM
Club Cricketer

I didn't say there was a World War for 20 years!!!!

You know there where was a World War between 1939 and 1945, don't you?

To Chinaman

I find it funny that you edited my post. Couldn't make out the actual reason for editing such harmless comments!
Old April 21, 2004, 08:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
For Optimist
The '20 yrs' argument is a manipulated and a misleading argument, it hardly reveals clear facts. On the other hand, comparing similar number of Tests is much more objective and measurable
This argument is subjective! So wahtever I am writing is subjective as oppose to objective! And so is your assertion! Do you know that most of the Cricket pundits agrees that Bangladesh should have played lesser number of tests (even ICC president Ehsan Mani agreed that)!! so I can't say I agree that playing 8/9 tests per year at the neo-natal stage is advantageous in anyway! 2o years would have given Bangladesh a good chance to rectify its mistakes and improve!! 4-years is too short a time for that....No-matter how many tests you play!
Old April 21, 2004, 08:22 AM
Retired BC Admin

Dear Saurav

Remember the agreement that you agreed to when you registered to become a member?

Anyway, people already had enough time and webspace to make bad comments about us. Do you think we should give up this site for such comments too?

We know, we are the tenth test playing nation and hence we are in the process of development. Our performance is not that bright. People like the cricketnext guy reminds us from time to time. You don't have to post similar messages here to keep us informed.

We welcome constructive criticism if you care to know what I mean. Thank you.
Old April 21, 2004, 08:43 AM
Club Cricketer

For Optimist

That's a good point!

Play less, learn more!

For Chinaman

Point well taken.
Old April 21, 2004, 08:50 AM
Retired BC Admin

I'm very glad that you understood.
Old April 21, 2004, 09:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
The only way Bangladesh can shut up other people is to perform.
you are having a pretty wrong idea here bro!! Because had u been right.. we would hav heard India saying something good about any of our recent achievements!!
so be sure.. no matter how good BD plays(even if they beat India) they wont appriciate...!! hav my word on that!!

Quote:
and why on earth are u ignoring the '20 year fact' ??!!
20 years is a big time and no matter how few matches they played in that time.. its still 20 years!!! now is 5 years and 20 years all the same in terms of maturity and preparation in cricket?!!!!

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old April 21, 2004, 09:11 AM
Club Cricketer

If Bangladesh does something of note, that would of course be paid heed to! Definitely!

For an emerging nation, lack of continuous international exposure for 20 years is quite harmful!

India lost some good players because of that (like Pataudi Sr)

But hey, why are we even arguing this? Because, out of those 20 years, Bangladesh was part of India for the first 15!!
Old April 21, 2004, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Because, out of those 20 years, Bangladesh was part of India for the first 15!!
Dude, smoking too much nowadays? get your facts right before making some wayward comments. When was Bangladesh a part of India, huh? There was no India as a "sovereign" country untill 1947. It was a "greater" India under the rule of British raj, and this Bangladesh was the part of the then greater india.
Old April 21, 2004, 09:45 AM
Retired BC Admin

Ok, to calm every body down, I'm going to close this thread for one day. I'll open this thread tomorrow. Cheers.