facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2006, 06:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
"Now, since you have computer literacy and have access to computer/internet, what is YOUR word?"

Why, I think you know MY word already even before I say it - 'Kenya is a far stronger team than us, they can come back anytime. Besides, haven't you read what our Kenyan friend said in the blogspot? He's hoping for 2 wins, and there are still 2 more games for us to go in this series'.
I strongly object. By what standard have you evaluated the two teams? Fahmida, it's one thing to be pessimistic but you are now starting to hurt our prestige.

Old March 23, 2006, 06:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by SS
Almost right...phewww...Oracle's prophecy came true almost...
But only few men saved it ...NEO(could be alok, rafique, Pilot), Morpheus, who will be that?
but thanks enough of prophecy congrats BD
Yes... it almost came true!
Only A Few Good Men saved the game!
Old March 23, 2006, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by alias
It is a disgrace to have people like fwullah to be a moderator. Shame on you BnaglaCricket Management.

. [/i]
go hang yourself... she is just having a little fun at our expense and we enjoy it too

Edited on, March 23, 2006, 12:04 PM GMT, by Hasib.
Old March 23, 2006, 07:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool
Quote:
"Now, since you have computer literacy and have access to computer/internet, what is YOUR word?"

Why, I think you know MY word already even before I say it - 'Kenya is a far stronger team than us, they can come back anytime. Besides, haven't you read what our Kenyan friend said in the blogspot? He's hoping for 2 wins, and there are still 2 more games for us to go in this series'.
I strongly object. By what standard have you evaluated the two teams? Fahmida, it's one thing to be pessimistic but you are now starting to hurt our prestige.
i totally agree with BanglaCool

Some of her pessimistic comments are crossing the lines n hurting our prestige

Edited on, March 23, 2006, 12:11 PM GMT, by yaseer.
Old March 23, 2006, 09:32 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
OK, this is my profesy, just a feeling: this one will not be as one sided as last two. We will still gonna win, but not like the fasion we did before.
man, did I knew it will come true in such as a way! phew!

lets see, my feeling says, we are going to win the last one in style, not an ugly win like this. let see what happens this time.
Old March 23, 2006, 09:50 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

this thread really cracked me up... chhoke pani eshe gechhe..

Insh'Allah we shall win in the 4th odi
Old March 23, 2006, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
lets see, my feeling says, we are going to win the last one in style, not an ugly win like this. let see what happens this time.
same here
Old March 23, 2006, 10:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer
Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool
Quote:

i totally agree with BanglaCool

Some of her pessimistic comments are crossing the lines n hurting our prestige

Edited on, March 23, 2006, 12:11 PM GMT, by yaseer.

I do not understand how it is hurting our prestige? She has every right to make whatever comment she wants to make and she is deservingly a Moderator. And she has a point of view which she enforces all the time. That brings in necessary dynamics and topics to talk and write about. If everybody is saying pretty much the same thing then this forum would become a stupid one.

And by the way how did you assume that she is outside us ? and if it is not then you should have known full well that nobody wants to destroy their own prestige.

Do not take on somebody else because your nerve was under pressure with somebody else.

Btw Nothing personal, hey atleast FWallah gave both of us topics to talk about.......... way to go and have more posts.

Way to go FWallah......... .

Edited on, March 24, 2006, 8:19 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.content. Too many emoticons
Old March 23, 2006, 10:19 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
It is a disgrace to have people like fwullah to be a moderator. Shame on you BnaglaCricket Management.

In one hand you guys rip up Channel-I and Hamid mercilessly (rightfully so) and on the other hand you have fwullah as a moderator (and some chamcha like Rubu et. al..)

The management of this "Highest Quality" fan site must wake up and get rid of a "certain quarter" of incompetent nincompoops.

Edited on, March 22, 2006, 5:18 PM GMT, by alias.
Bhai, you better open another fan site where everybody will be like you and I can bet that will be most boring site in world cricket.

Come on man enjoy!!. Its a lot of fun having fwullah as moderator otherwise how could you find something pessimistic enough to be debatable
Old March 23, 2006, 10:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Fahmida, your words (or was it your cousin's?) almost came true. Only Rafiq had other plans- so we were saved. But the question remains what will happen on the 4th game? Any prediction from your cousin (or you for a change)?
Old March 23, 2006, 10:27 AM
Test Cricketer

[quote]Originally posted by Miraz
Quote:

Bhai, you better open another fan site where everybody will be like you and I can bet that will be most boring site in world cricket.

Come on man enjoy!!. Its a lot of fun having fwullah as moderator otherwise how could you find something pessimistic enough to be debatable
Complete agreement!!
Old March 23, 2006, 10:31 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

"It is a disgrace to have people like fwullah to be a moderator. Shame on you BnaglaCricket Management."

Come on, I don't moderate too much, do I?
Old March 23, 2006, 10:52 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

"By what standard have you evaluated the two teams?"

By the standard of our youngsters and their youngsters.

The question is, who made the difference today? My answer:

1. Khaled Mashud Pilot
2. Alok Kapali
3. Md. Rafique

Among the above 3, only Alok Kapali is a youngster and the other 2 are old guards in our team.

Look at our batting first, (my judgment today on BD batting is purely based on looking at the scorecards as I had not seen the match at the time) Shahriar Nafees has scored today, but he has been doing very well against Kenya's pace bowling attack and on Bangladesh pitches, so we can count him out of our equation as he's in form and is doing well against weaker attacks as expected (Remember Nafees Iqbal vs. Zim - Shahriar Nafees is like that). Aftab has been playing rash shots throughout the series, only today he was caught successfully when the last couple of occassions he was dropped several times before getting out. We all know that Ashraful is a one-man-show - he scores big one innings and then gets a series of low scores. Habibul Bashar - our captain also failed in the series, but considering his performance in ODIs and considering his batting average, his failures are not so unexpected. And then the above 3 players saved the day for us, only to see that our 3 other youngsters - Mashrafee, Russel and Razzak doing a spoilsport of the good work done by Pilot-Alok-Rafique trio.

And then in the bowling, initially Mashrafee did some good bowling - taking those 2 wickets, only to end up giving away the match to Kenya when it mattered the most - at the depth. Had Rafique not been so economical and taking wickets in his last over, anything could have happened.

I only saw Razzak's taking wicket (of Tikolo), but did not see either of his or Russel's bowling at first. So can't say much about that, except that may be Russel should have taken a couple of wickets in his first spell?

Rafique was also getting some bashing - may be in his 9th over, but later his experience and maturity got him past that when he was so cool and calm in his 10th over.

ON THE OTHER HAND, Kenya's most experienced players failed, may be during Tikolo and Modi's partnership that they looked to be successful. But, it was their youngsters - Tanmay Mishra, Collins Obuya, and Peter Ongondo in particular who almost made all the difference for Kenya. There was hardly any youngster in their team who had failed at one point, except may be David Obuya at the top of the order. We can't forget Tikolo's contribution as a bowler also.
Old March 23, 2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:

In one hand you guys rip up Channel-I and Hamid mercilessly (rightfully so) and on the other hand you have fwullah as a moderator (and some chamcha like Rubu et. al..)

The management of this "Highest Quality" fan site must wake up and get rid of a "certain quarter" of incompetent nincompoops.

Edited on, March 22, 2006, 5:18 PM GMT, by alias.

Beware of what you wish for - it may just come true. WHo knows who may get classified into the nincompoop category, hein?

Mod: Strike one for for ad hominem personal attacks.

General note:

Opinions are opinions. Whether a person is a mod, staff, hoi polloi, lay priest, competent and incompetent nincompoop, your mama's jatsshash ad infinitum ad nauseum... they all have a right to express their opinions on Bangladesh cricket. As long as they do not cross the line of immoderation (ref board rules) they can feel free to expound on ideas that may seem bizarre or outlandish to some.

There is also a clear delineation between the role of a mod and that person's role as a lay member. This distinction is always made clear when the big stick needs to be brought out.
Old March 23, 2006, 11:10 AM
Street Cricketer

Still I have no clue why this thread was opened? Its such a funny and ridiculous, All kenyans will say we are gonna win this match and all the Bangladeshi will say we are gonna win this match but end of the day someones prediction must be correct. Because either Kenya or Bangladesh will win the match (Tie is not usual). So, we should stop talking about this useless thred.
Old March 23, 2006, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
terrible thread...but:

i had a dream that i heard cricinfo radio this morning when i woke up and it said:

" Bangladesh won the toss, elected to bat and now the score is Bangladesh 40-6 [maybe it was 60-6, i don't remember]"

Peer Shaheb - Apnar rate koto?

Apnar shopnotar numberta chilo 60-4.

Old March 23, 2006, 02:09 PM
Street Cricketer

ywan

looks like a waste of a criticism. you guys are not understanding what harm these kind of "moderators"/forum bosses are doing to your brand. Is it that hard to see how a few bad apples can ruin the whole bucket?

oh well - everyone nacho aar gaao -- takk dhina dhinn-dhinn -- takk dhina dhinn-dhinn--

Edited on, March 23, 2006, 7:10 PM GMT, by alias.