facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 3, 2006, 08:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Got to agree....there are lot of morons who just write whatever they like

Old April 3, 2006, 09:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by alam
I don't know what you guys understan from my comments. I just want to make a clear that Khalad Masud will not stay with bd team consistenly but now is time to make one genius Wicket keeper who would be Batting well as well as Wicket Keeper. Since we know that Khald Masoud not in good performance so now we need to give chance to Rahim to play at least one whole serious. If you keep taking one batesman or bowler and they are not doing well they would think that I don't even care about wether we lose or win. Now my question is if BCCS give Khalad Masud break and put Rahim into the team then who will realize that if I will get any chance then I will try my best to something well for our team. BCCS pick Khalad every team and not giving Rahim. Rahim is batasman like Aftab Ahamed and Asraful. Let me give you example about Ragan Shala you saw after he got break for a while and when he got the chcnae and he made century that what i ment by Khalad Masud. thansk guys
I thought I wuoldn't post on this thread but couldn't keep myself away.

Alam Bhai,
1. Why are you comparing K Mashud with other WKs?
2. Why are you comparing batting only? Why not compare the the byes and other aspect of WKeeping?
3. Is BD test team comparable to any other test nation (I don't regard Zim as a test nation)?
4. How much would you value experience?
5. Is every Tom, Dick and Harry = Rajin Saleh?
6. Bashar comparing to other test captains, ooops the gap is so much that you can not compare. So by your thoughts should Bashar be fired?
7. Same goes for the entire BD lineup. Do you really want BCB give chances to new faces?

My final question:
Do you want to see BD test ending within two days?

If you try to answer the question #6, you would get your answer for K Mashud. It is not easy for Australia to make another Gilly. Why do think we can make one out of the blue?
Old April 3, 2006, 09:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
we need to give chance to Rahim to play at least one whole serious.
are you serious. musfiq rahim is too young to do pilots job. and australia will break him if they get the chance.

i think you should get a rest and stop posting against pilot. he is still the best and he is our vice captain and always helps bashar with field placing and everything
Old April 3, 2006, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by ASA
Yeah - I understand that wicket keeper needs to have a good batting credential too. But first of all, he needs to have good wicket keeping capabilities too. Now find another one who has similar (or even remotely similar) wicket keeping skills. Don't say Rahim, because Rahim will quite a long road to reach that level. I wish him of all the best - and hope that he'll replace Pilot in due time - but he's nowhere near now. And his batting skills haven't yet produced anything significant that can be stacked up against Pilot's numbers. So chill ... and let Pilot focus on his batting.

And no, Pilot does not have a relative in BCCS. He's an average middle class dude from Rajshahi - who has fought his way up to Dhaka ... despite the numerous problems the 'mofosshol' guys faced in that time. Don't bad mouth someone without knowing the details.
a very good answer to one of the most stupid and useless threads that have ever been opened. he is more ignorant than the european guy who refers cricket as a funny game.
Old April 3, 2006, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sovik
Quote:
we need to give chance to Rahim to play at least one whole serious.
are you serious. musfiq rahim is too young to do pilots job. and australia will break him if they get the chance.

i think you should get a rest and stop posting against pilot. he is still the best and he is our vice captain and always helps bashar with field placing and everything
good answer too. i dont even mind taking him in the team just for the experience he has gained all this years. moreover, he is one of the senior players in the team but if you look at him in the field u will never feel that. he is always as energetic as ever. he is always encouraging the younger players in the team. he is fit and behind the wicket he has no competition in bangladesh. and what some ignorant people who have hardly any knowlede about cricket does not know is that pilot is in the team for his wicket keeping skills and not his batting skills. yes i am sure there are better batsman out there than pilot. but i dont think u will be able to find anyone as good as pilot behind the wicket.
Old April 3, 2006, 09:51 AM
Cricket Guru

I think everyone remembers the phase "shabash moni vai". he is one of the fittest player in the team. he played an excellent knock against australia last year. he always score arround 30. and he hardly gives any bys. he is world's one of the best wicket keeper.

and apart from a 100 against a county team i never heard of any good innings of rahim. he sure is a talented batsman and has lot to offer for bd. but the time is not right for him. he was nervous against england and against sri lanka. he needs sometimes in national league and in A teams. this will make him tough mentaly.

khaled masud will not be arround for ever. and we know that but for now he is the best we got and Musfiq has lot to learn from him
Old April 3, 2006, 10:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Alam Bhai Channel I chaira ekhon Pilot er pichone lagse...
Who knows who's next????
Old April 3, 2006, 11:32 AM
Test Cricketer

This is a complete trash thread!
Old April 3, 2006, 11:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Pilot is a match winner!

For those of you want to drop Masud, I will name 3 matches that comes to mind right now for your favorable consideration.

-Bang vs. Zimbabwe. 4th ODI, BNS, Dhaka.

Yes, Bangladesh tremble! It's a club level team that leads the series 2-1, and about to win a series against Bangladesh. Pilot shows up with the bat. One 50, one win.

-Bang vs. Australia, Last ODI of BD at NatWest Series!

Bangladesh once again falling apart. 5 wickets down, JO & TI both fall for a duck, Ash with a huge 6 (and that's it), and BD losing miserably. Pilot posts another 50, and the game is on. Australia sweat hard to win that one.

-Bang vs. Kenya, 3rd ODI (Yes it happened a few days back)

What a shame! What happened to BD's top order against a team like Kenya? With Pilot's defient 39 BD gets to win with a marginal 22 run victory.

Conclusion:
Look People, you want a Sangakara in our team, we have that in Ash and Aftab. What we need is a Samaraweera in our team, and that's Khaled Masud.
Old April 3, 2006, 11:47 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Flipper, We still need Pilot in our ODI team.
But in tests his presence is merely felt as a batsman. That's the worry. He should do really well against aussies to retain his place in the test side.
Old April 3, 2006, 11:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Remember the Lord's test, and the one after that in Eng?

He only played 4 tests after that, and we are whining? Do you know the scores that Gilly produced in the last 20 innings (in test)?

Please!

Edited on, April 4, 2006, 2:57 AM GMT, by Flipper.
Old April 3, 2006, 12:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

Quote:
Originally posted by sar2005
Quote:
.......... Thaink about our closer country India, Srinklia and pakistan Wicket Keeper. They are doing awesome performance but not Khald Masud. Anyways, If he will not do well agains Aus I belive they should kick him like others Bd senior players
1. WK of Ind, pak, sri are match winner but not bd WK. Kick bd WK out of team.

2. Openers of Ind, pak, sri are match winner but not bd openers. Kick bd openers out of team.

3. Middle order of Ind, pak, sri are match winner but not bd middle order batsman. Kick them out of team.

4. Pacer bowlers of Ind, pak, sri are match winner but not bd pacers. So, kick them out of the team.

Did I miss anything?

Yes Sadi. You are right. Last night was Sat night and we had a great party. Have decided that we will kick out pilot of the team if Mr. Alam takes the responsiblity of keeping wicket for BD.
grt stufs.. ur r8 in every sense... dere wil b 1 mor thin!.. wat abt our 'coach'?
Old April 3, 2006, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by khalifa
Alam Bhai Channel I chaira ekhon Pilot er pichone lagse...
Who knows who's next????
i was just thinking about that
Old April 3, 2006, 01:35 PM

Setting aside the useless trash this thread is stated to be, I came across this in cricinfo.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdes...ry/243009.html

The tone of the write up is troubling me. I can support Mushfiq being in the squad, but are the selectors seriously contemplating putting him at the lions teeth again??!! -- Not against Aus man, you've got to be kidding me!

I mean I have a sort of picture what the BD team ought to be against Aus, and somehow putting young Mushfiq there is a bit worrisome.

JO, Rajin, Ash, Sumon, Aftab, Pilot, Mashrafee, Rafique, Enam/Kapali/Shahadat, Kapali/Shahadat/Enam, Rasel, looks to be it.
Old April 3, 2006, 01:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Look guys pilot is ok for keeping but not okey at all for batting. Thanks guys
Old April 3, 2006, 01:57 PM
Club Cricketer

If I was Farouk I would put Pilot form list because of his Batting performance. Ok thanks,
Old April 3, 2006, 08:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Another useless thread (alike Tamim is Afridi), but hey LOOK its poular with BIGGY responses...

I should open another thread like this starring subjects like:

"Is Bangladesh a better team than Australia?" or

"Ricky Ponting Should not be with Australian cricket Team" or

"Whats the probability of Sachin Tendulker playing for Bangladesh A?"

Old April 3, 2006, 08:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Alam=Mushfiq Rahim him self / some relative who understands cricket very little
Old April 3, 2006, 09:06 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

My take on this, PILOT STAYS. Who are we going to replace PIlot with ? Rahim ? He is still a kid and we need to prepare him for the big league. Besides, he is nowhere near Pilot when it comes to experience (without Pilot, we would have lost to Kenya in the third ODI. Anyone with half a brain would realize that) and keeping. If we do not put a solid keeper behind the wicket, chances are: we'd give away several byes (FOURS), missed stumping, what not.

I am all for bringing in replacements for Mashud because he is not getting any younger. But asking to drop one of the most vaued players in the side (unless you think wicket keepers aren't an integral part of the team) who gives us some stability in the middle, is a source of continued support/motivation for his teamates/bowlers, and who is just a bundle of energy - is simply uncalled for and obviously ill-advised.

You may want to recant your post and rephrase it. One suggestion, WE NEED TO PREPARE A SOLID REPLACEMENT FOR PILOT. Try it, you'll get a much better response and you won't have folks getting personal.

Having said that, I am very excited about Rahim. He is a very good prospect for us, an excellent find. So far, he has not shown true form against test sides and I won't have any problem watching him keep in a few matches against Zimbabwe and Kenya. I am against throwing kids against the big boys and watch them struggle. It really doesn't help them in the long run. Look at Pakistan and Bangladesh, how many young uns have been given an opportunity to play Test/ODIs straight out of under 19 and cricket camps ? How many of them are now struggling in domestic cricket ? Do some research and you'll probably take a 180 degree turn on this one.
Old April 3, 2006, 09:55 PM
Club Cricketer

1. I'm kinda late for this thread. But 'Pilot to be thrown out of our team?' - this is one of the craziest idea I have heard in a long time. At least for now. May be three-five years down the road, it will be inevitable. But for now, its unthinkable. If you drop Pilot, then you should drop Fighter (Rafique's nick name in Keranigonj) too. Cause if you compare Rafique with Murali or even Anil Kumble, he is way way behind. But his overall impact on our cricket - absolutely priceless. I would say Rafique Bhai has larger impact on our cricket than Anil Kumble has on India. Same goes with Pilot too. Great motivator, excellent keeper, 'bina judhhe nahi dibo shuchagro modini' type batsman - what else can you ask from a bangladeshi cricketer?

2. Isn't it just two years ago that Pilot was considered as the best w/k in the subcontinent? Cause Dhoni was not in the scene then, Kamran Akmal was doing ok, and Sangakara was not in form. And all of a sudden, we (not 'we' - Alam bhai, to be precise) started to compare the poor guy with others. Amar mone hoy jatigoto vabe amader dhoirjo ektu kom ase..!!!

3. Selecting the Bangladesh team, as far as I am concerned, Mohammad Rafique and Khaled Masud Pilot - these two names will come first, even with my eyes shut. Then the others will follow...

4. BTW, Who the hell are we to judge Pilot ....??? Ridiculous...
Old April 4, 2006, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tehsin

...[Rahim] has not shown true form against test sides and I won't have any problem watching him keep in a few matches against Zimbabwe and Kenya. I am against throwing kids against the big boys and watch them struggle. It really doesn't help them in the long run. Look at Pakistan and Bangladesh, how many young uns have been given an opportunity to play Test/ODIs straight out of under 19 and cricket camps ? How many of them are now struggling in domestic cricket ? Do some research and you'll probably take a 180 degree turn on this one.
My point exactly!! But are the selectors thinking this way? see cricinfo news link
Old April 4, 2006, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

rubbish topic.....this guy has no sense of cricket.
Old April 4, 2006, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by ammark
My point exactly!! But are the selectors thinking this way? see cricinfo news link

oh boy...that's pretty dumb. i hope they just picked him for the net or something.

but then again why would they pick him in the 18 man squad if he won't get a match? hmm...we can't afford to lose him. i hope the selectors think with their heads as opposed to whatever they think with at times (like this, for example).