facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 26, 2008, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
At least 2 odis for me... or i will be very dissappointed !
Joy bangla!
2 ODIs and the T20 win for me!

Old March 26, 2008, 09:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Yup 2 odis along with the T20 will be satisfactory I guess. But I would like to win the Series 3-2 and lose the T20, will be ok.
Old March 26, 2008, 10:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
Great stuff, Yusuf is the wall of the Pakistan lineup, since the wall is broken, anyone can enter i guess.
well said cuz...hope afridi is out as well he can be dangerous
Old March 26, 2008, 10:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We all are hoping to see a weaker Pak team as they left most of the experienced players out of the team. What i saw in the past is the new comers in Pak teams always performs very well. If that's the case then the news is bad for us rather than being good....
Old March 26, 2008, 10:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

All the newcomers have done well against us in the past. Shabbir Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, etc.

Their new bowlers couldn't do much against the Zimbabwe. They couldn't take all the wickets of Zimb in any of the 5 ODIs.

And among the new batsman, only the opener did well in the first 2 games but failed in the last 3.
Old March 26, 2008, 10:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
All the newcomers have done well against us in the past. Shabbir Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, etc.

Their new bowlers couldn't do much against the Zimbabwe. They couldn't take all the wickets of Zimb in any of the 5 ODIs.

And among the new batsman, only the opener did well in the first 2 games but failed in the last 3.
But it's more likely for them to take all the wickets in every match against us. Cause it's not them who takes the wickets; it's we who gift the wickets....

Last edited by WarWolf; March 27, 2008 at 11:57 AM..
Old March 27, 2008, 12:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Looks like Asif won't be allowed to play against Bangladesh. However, Umar Gul is on his comeback trail, I guess he will open against us along with Sohail Tanveer. If Shoaib Akhtar does not get to play against us, it will be either Yasir Arafat or one of the rookies who will be the third pacer.
Old March 27, 2008, 09:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We all are hoping to see a weaker Pak team as they left most of the experienced players out of the team. What i saw in the past is the new comers in Pak teams always performs very well. If that's the case then the news is bad for us rather than being good....
Warwolf's right. even a 2nd strong Pak side is can be lethal in ODIs, we should be careful not to get our hopes up. That said, we should be able to win at least one ODI.

On Yusuf point, I'm not surprised to see him dropped. His ODI form has been nothing like his test form and there are other players around who are worth a look.
Old March 27, 2008, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But it's more likely for them to take all the wickets in every match against us. Cause it's not them who takes the wickets; it's we who gifts the wickets....
So true....but lets atleast not hope that.

If we fail to win a single match in this series than we are again back to the dark ages. I think the players shall again forget how it is like to win against big teams.
Old March 27, 2008, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:
But it's more likely for them to take all the wickets in every match against us. Cause it's not them who takes the wickets; it's we who gifts the wickets....
true.. so true
Old March 27, 2008, 11:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

No matter how much favour their coach/player does for us....
our boys always go great length to undo it themselves....

the resulf of this series ( and most other series alike) depends on how our batsman play, not the qualititive size of the opponents.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 27, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Good point. But don't forget when we gift away our wickets, the opposition must accept the gift in order to benefit.

What I mean is that Pakistan is not a very good fielding side, so they may drop catches or may not be able to get to some balls in the air because of their lack of athletisicm on the field. And sometimes, our players only need one extra life to make a big score (ie. Tamim).
Old March 27, 2008, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

all this is funny. OK YY is a bad fielder. How many runs would he leak in the series . Maximum 50. But probably he would score around 250; a net gain of around 200. On the other hand a new comer probably would score around 150 and save around maximum 50 (I do not belive with the exception of Malik and Afridi any Pakistani has ever did that amount of save in 5 ODI); net gain around 200. Add to that the expereice factor YY would bring specially in tight situtation. Thus statistically though it is material YY have the edge. But if Lawson wanted to build for 2011; then different issue. With little experience in Pak batting I think it is a foolish move. They might get away with this againest us but not againest the Lankans.
Regarding Afridi, Billah Bhai already mentioned. He is phenomenon and you can not make a thinking player out of him. He should be used as floater. Our thinktank should also consider this for our Afridi aka Ashfool
Old March 27, 2008, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

More potential good news

Quote:
Thu, Mar 27 06:48 PM
Lahore, March 27 (IANS) A delayed hearing in the disciplinary case against Shoaib Akhtar by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) can cost the controversial speedster his place in the side for the upcoming home series against Bangladesh, the media here reported.

Akhtar is facing a disciplinary charge for criticising the PCB in public as well as breach of code of conduct about two months ago.

The PCB governing board's disciplinary committee, headed by Munir Hafeez, has not heard the case during the two-month period.

The committee has now summoned Shoaib to appear before it in Rawalpindi April 1 while the national selection committee is to meet in Lahore March 29 to announce the team for the series against Bangladesh, which commences from April 8, according to a report in The Dawn.

An earlier attempt to hold the disciplinary committee meeting March 22 failed as Shoaib was informed barely two hours before the start of the meeting.

Meanwhile, Shoaib has said that he is ready to play against Bangladesh.

'I want to double my wicket tally to over 400 in both Tests and the one-dayers and am keen to serve my country at all times,' he said in a statement.
http://in.news.yahoo.com/indiaabroad...73593c2_1.html
Old March 27, 2008, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

So no Shoaib, Afridi, Yousuf, Malif, Asif or Gul. Younis Khan is most probable to be captain, I guess. But without these players Pakis will suffer even against us.
Old March 27, 2008, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default Win 1st, then other things....

let's win the series 1st.... then i'd analyse who played and who didn't!
can't tolerate the stats any more! big things should happen to us ... may be at the expense of some of my all-time fav players
afridi, yousuf... and asif of recent times
Old March 27, 2008, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
No matter how much favour their coach/player does for us....
our boys always go great length to undo it themselves....

the resulf of this series ( and most other series alike) depends on how our batsman play, not the qualititive size of the opponents.
this team has applied a different approach in the last series. i have never seen them play this calculative cricket in my entire life time.
if they (the batsmen) continue to do so, trust me, pakistan can't escape unscathed even on their own soil
Old March 27, 2008, 01:22 PM

It would be not a walk in the park at all. The 1st game would decide the nature of the series...I think.

Last edited by kalpurush; March 27, 2008 at 11:58 PM..
Old March 27, 2008, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

every game if we don't lose 4/5 wk in 15 overs we will give a big fight. Inshallah
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 27, 2008, 01:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

If PAK lose the first match agaisnt us, they will call MoYo back, believe me.

PS. Kalpurush bhai, nice avatar. But seems that you are following Fazal Mamu. pa theke juta....unnoti na obonoti......
Old March 28, 2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul

PS. Kalpurush bhai, nice avatar. But seems that you are following Fazal Mamu. pa theke juta....unnoti na obonoti......
Thanks a thousand!
I am going to present Fazal Bhai this pair of juta...as he lost his...after wining the series against the Paki!!
Old March 28, 2008, 12:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

pakistan has always had a very strong reserve of fast bowlers. So I would not take the replacements lightly at all. Whoever is bowling for pakistan will be as good if not better than the SA bowlers we faced in Dhaka. If there is any place where we can take advantage is with paksitan's brittle batting. IF M Yusuf is not playing then that would open up our chances of upsetting them further more provided our batters can handle the pakistani replacement pacers. I had seen umar gul's bowling in a test match and he is no chump with the ball, lively pace and beautiful shape for the ball. Swings it both ways and has a specially super outswinger. That was one of his earlier test matches. I am sure the replacements bowling against us would be as good. We need to be very careful otherwise another embarassing whiewash is looming.
Old March 28, 2008, 01:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Umar Gul gets ‘go ahead’ to bowl again

LAHORE, Feb 24: Medical experts in Australia have allowed fast bowler Umar Gul to resume bowling although with an advice not to overdo it.

Umar, who had been suffering from the injury for five months before he sought medical help abroad, could only partly appear in the home series against South Africa and tour of India last year, while missing the entire ODI series against Zimbabwe. He went to Australia again last week for a final medical check up before returning home on Saturday.

The 24-year-old paceman told Dawn that after going through his medical tests, the doctors were of the view that he could start bowling again.

“The doctors said there was no serious problem and I could start bowling but they have advised me not to play regular cricket and take a break whenever I feel any uneasiness until I feel well again,” said Umar, who has claimed 67 wickets in 16 Tests.

He said that PCB’s doctors had also received the medical reports from Australia and after consulting them, he had decided to resume bowling from Monday.

Umar also reported that bowling while taking rests in between was the best solution to his problem according to the doctors as surgery could make things worse.

** I don't see how Gul can be included in an ODI squad with this kind of fitness, if Pakistan is taking us seriously.
Old March 28, 2008, 01:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
pakistan has always had a very strong reserve of fast bowlers. So I would not take the replacements lightly at all. Whoever is bowling for pakistan will be as good if not better than the SA bowlers we faced in Dhaka.
What you are saying could have been true eight-ten years ago, but not anymore.
Old March 28, 2008, 01:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
** I don't see how Gul can be included in an ODI squad with this kind of fitness, if Pakistan is taking us seriously.
I don't think Gul will play either. He wouldn't want to risk injuring himself in this series and miss the IPL where he's due to make a lot of money. Asif is doing the same thing. Don't really blame them though.