facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2009, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Eitato mathay ashenai.
But Sakib since the 92 agnst Sril has become very aggrssv.
Noticed his celebration after bowling Rohit that day? Anger was coming out through every pore of his body.

Old June 7, 2009, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

After watching the match from the stands, I feel Bangladesh needs several changes in the team.

1. Mushfiq should never have been in the T20 team. He will never score quickly against a quality bowling attack, because his batting is simply not to the standard. And it is his wicket keeping that actually made India win the game because he let yuvraj out and another easy stumping. what exactly is the problem with this Mithun? dont we have any other wk in Bd who can keep decently and bat a bit?

2. Rakibul is another useless guy in T20. Can he ever hit a 6? the only shot in anger he played was good enough to carry though to fielder at the end of inner circle. We can push Naeem at 6 and include Rajjak.

3. Ashraful captaincy needs innovation. Notice the stark difference, when the bangladeshi pacer were getting hit all over the field, there was no change. As soon as the first 2 overs of Indian pacers get hit, dhoni turned to spin which immediately brought a wicket. Ash could have done the same, we also had 3 spinners.

3 guys I dont think deserve to be there are Mushfiq, Rakibul and Riyad while Nayeem could just scrape in. Aftab, Kapali/Najim could have made a big difference if they were there in these places.

Positives are our first 4 are not batting badly. Zunaed has the potential and he did come good. Bowling wise Mash, Shahadat, Rubel, Sakib, Riyad didnt bowl badly, only weak link is Naeem. Thats why I think Bd needs the extra protection of Rajjak and drop rakibul.
Old June 7, 2009, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

no blames. Just observations and suggestions

1. Try Sakib in the PP bowling. India had major success with two spin overs in the PP
2. We don't have players who can finish. Send in the big hitters (Naeem, Mash) when we're behind on the chase before the Required run rate gets out of control
3. Don't know much about Mithun but if he's a better keeper, use him
4. Memo to Ash:
a. Better field setting. Talk to your bowlers to know what type of ball is coming and set the field.
b. Stop thinking about what to do later and just capitalize on the current situation to apply pressure
Old June 7, 2009, 08:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am disappointed the way mahmudllah and Roqibul played. They were playing as if they were playing in test match. Roqibul is really disaster. But I am very disappointed with Mahmudullah since he has been doing so well in recent time including warm u matches. I hope he figures this out quickly and gets back to his mode. Naeem did very well and need to play up. He is way better player than Roqibul, Mushfiq and may be more.
Old June 7, 2009, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Zunaed only came good because no one bowled short to him. India didn't bother to do their homework on him. A short ball at his chest or head and he was gone for all money.
Old June 7, 2009, 09:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ash should've used riyad instead of nayeem.he bowld better with more variations than nayeem though didn't get any wicket.yuvraj would find it hard to hit him 4 his variations.tamim choked against india's strategy of bringing spin early.he should keep the mindset to face anything.shuvo should be given chance instead of rock.we might lose a great prospect like him in Odi n test by trying to turn him into a slogger.mushy should play his role of stabilising a 'bating biporjoy'.and he should spend more time practicing keeping as we've no other options.mithun will be worse keeping wise as we saw in da practice match.
Old June 7, 2009, 09:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Amen Bro. We did alirght against perhaps world #1 T20 team. We were hoping for a win so bad, that we forgot the reality at times lets just win the Irrish game, and then take it from there on
I second this.

Our batting needed little bit more depth from the openers. at the end, we only lost by 25 some runs.
I take a performance like this gladly. A win would have been great.

Don't blame Mushfiq at all. He has been behind stumps from start to end and doing his best. When none of the bat men we so badly depend on can not deliver, we try to blame a drop catch here and there.
The difference was Y.Sing's splendid inning.

we need some one to top that.......
Old June 7, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Ei shob-e kopaler dosh bhai!
Old June 8, 2009, 06:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Zunaed only came good because no one bowled short to him. India didn't bother to do their homework on him. A short ball at his chest or head and he was gone for all money.
his first shot was a terrific pull for a six, you can see how indians celebrated when he fell. if our batsmen played a bit more professionally and had more depth in the middle order, we could have chased down this total.
Old June 8, 2009, 09:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

why every time we have bad team selection?

junaed---i dont blame
tamim--ok
ash---get rid off captaincy, he is not a captaincy material
sakib---losing coolness
mash--our hero
mahmudullah--bad luck
razzaq--ok
rubel--surprise
nayeem--good option

mushfiq------main culprit
rokib----another great culprit

if we lose this match: blame rokib and mushfiq
Old June 8, 2009, 10:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

AFTER BANGLADESH LOOSING TO IRELAND

To ALL THOSE..WHO DID NOT AND DO NOT WANT TO BLAME THESE EMPTY HEADS ..and thinks BLAMING WAS A SIN FOR ME ....PLEASE I REQUEST...GO AND KISS UR INNOCENT SAINTS, SINCE THEY HAVE GIVEN YOU SUCH PLEASURE OF LOSING TO IRELAND

Last edited by Umar; June 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM..
Old June 8, 2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Question: if blamegaming was a competitive sporting event with LOTS of prize money for the top two finishers, who from BC would be the best 11 to represent us? Who'd be the coach?
I WILL BE THE COACH AND I WILL be the captain. and if the prize was a GUN...THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS KILL ALL OF THEM WHO's got brain but doesnt know how to use it. And fyi i do not need anyone in my 11..
Old June 8, 2009, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
why every time we have bad team selection?

if we lose this match: blame rokib and mushfiq
we can't blame them cause it's selectors choice........they knew that roqibul and mushfiq are not t-20 material, but still they picked them.............so blame selectors, not the players
Old June 8, 2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
we can't blame them cause it's selectors choice........they knew that roqibul and mushfiq are not t-20 material, but still they picked them.............so blame selectors, not the players
Why not the player? They are getting paid to do a job for the country. And WHEN YOU ARE TAKING MONEY AND NOT DOING THE JOB PROPERLY ..YOU MUST GET KICKED OUT. AND IT IS THEIR FAULT THAT THEY CAN'T PRODUCE WHEN NEEDED. Its not that they are some kids picked from primary school. They are "proffessionals" and it means EXPERT in SOMETHING.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Prime Guilty Person:

Jagmohan Dalmiya, Lalit Modi
who introduced this cheap format in cricket just for business. That's why we now see 7-7. Afsos.
Old June 8, 2009, 12:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

বাঘ মামারে পাইয়া নেই...
Old June 8, 2009, 01:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Athar Alir kushputtolika daho kora houk.
Kush puttolika toiri hochche
Old June 8, 2009, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

i blame myself for thinking bd will actually qualify for super eights and wasting hard earned money on supereights tickets......what a fool!

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old June 8, 2009, 01:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Not only Ashraful has to be sacked from captraincy he needs to be kicked out off the team for at least one year. If he averages 65 plus in FC matches and 45 plus in the OD matches over a FULL season he could be consider again. I'm dead serious about this!!!
Old June 8, 2009, 02:16 PM

I've been wanting to Yell this for the past 2 years:

DROP ASHRAFUL!
SACK THE CAPTAIN!

- as myself
Old June 8, 2009, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

yay to that !
Old June 8, 2009, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

How about the selectors? why blame Riyad and Rokib, when we all know that they are not cut out for this brand of cricket. Its not their fault that they have been asked to do a job that they are not suited for. You pick your best available options for each version of the game. They clearly didn't do it. If you ask me who to blame first, I will blame them even though there are plenty of blames to go all around.
Old June 8, 2009, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Prime Guilty Person:

Jagmohan Dalmiya, Lalit Modi
who introduced this cheap format in cricket just for business. That's why we now see 7-7. Afsos.
And we lost to Ireland in the last WC because of Kerry Packer. He should never have popularized a shorter version of a timeless game.
Old June 8, 2009, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar
Why not the player? They are getting paid to do a job for the country. And WHEN YOU ARE TAKING MONEY AND NOT DOING THE JOB PROPERLY ..YOU MUST GET KICKED OUT. AND IT IS THEIR FAULT THAT THEY CAN'T PRODUCE WHEN NEEDED. Its not that they are some kids picked from primary school. They are "proffessionals" and it means EXPERT in SOMETHING.
i think u forgot about yousuf yohana........the player who is so professional in cricket, didn't get enough chance in t-20 squad..................it's because of the selectors, those paki selectors knew kare dia ki kaam hobe....ami building banabo, kintu ami engineer na daika kathmistri daksi, building banai dewar jonno, pore dekha gelo kathmistri building na banaia kather ghor banaise.........bhulta amar na kathmistrir?
Old June 8, 2009, 02:29 PM

I've also been meaning to Yell for the past 4 years:

Disband the BCB. The administrators do a crap job of propping up a 4-day first class infrastructure and go for cheap thrill T20 leagues.

The administrators do a crap job of providing training and grooming of players from Divisional Cricket onwards. The administrators do a crap job of keeping alive whatever's left of competitive Club Cricket.

We've all talked about how we will emulate Sri Lankan cricket infrastructure.... and what have we done so far?? Every time we've thrown 17 year olds into the National Team and ruined whatever potential they had with them missing out the unglamorous domestic cricket. Here's the list:

Ashraful
Aftab
SN
Rajib
Mushfique
Zunaed Siddique
Riyadh
Rubel
Roqibul
Farhad
and possibly now: Tamim & Saquib too

We probably needed a Tushar Imran-Rajin Saleh-Nafis Iqbal-Opee-Rokon bridging generation to hang around longer for these kids to mature into proper cricketers. In fact, in hindsight McInnes' U-19 team shouldve stayed as A-Team... only to debut into the national team around this time. Instead we threw them into the fire 2 years ago. Look at the riff raff now!