facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2010, 05:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Seriously BK, you rock this forum!

Old January 22, 2010, 05:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Bhais, I am really sorry about this outrage, I am boiling right now, I need to take a cold shower!!! I am disgusted, simply disgusted!!!
I will supply you the AK47. Simply Boss post.
Old January 22, 2010, 05:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Very sorry Tigers_eye bhai and Eshen bhai, I know I spoil the pristinity of this site and we have a lot of young minds here and we all have our responsibility and by writing such crude things I ruin that for the young minds, but I simply can't help it, I just simply can't control myself.

Bangladesh till the end of time!
Old January 22, 2010, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

absolutely BK bhai, I was such an innocent littel young boy until i started reading all your angry posts. Now I am a brat who speaks angrily with my elders and whenever someone else gets on my nerve. :P
Old January 22, 2010, 07:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I know people will hate me for this, but Lotus Kamal is a very educated person, he has been one of those 1st class 1st student all his life. A great successful business, what is the level of his corruptness, that I do not know. But calling him an uneducated fool is disrespectful.
Also, this incident[LK calling cricketers irresponsible] just points to the point that anyone who does not understand cricket should not be around the cricket board, let alone the president
Old January 22, 2010, 07:12 PM
Test Cricketer

I agree with the comment that Bangladesh cricketers are irresponsible!!!!

The question is how is that a comment from Sewheed enrage the team and they perform so well in first inning bowling? After little praise they fall back to the same old minnow mentality like throwing their wickets away in first and second innings. If you can play motivated only after getting insulted by Indians otherwise you play test cricket like this a walk in the park then it is right to say the team is irresponsible.

He is saying the right thing.

The unfortunate thing is BCB is irresponsible as well. Cutting number of games and lowering the cricketers earnings in NCL does not help. It is not responsible either.
Old January 22, 2010, 07:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

One can question application but definitely NOT some one's integrity. Each and every cricketer who dons the Bangladesh colours is playing for his country and puts in an enormous amount of blood and sweat for that privilege. Shakib who knows firsthand how hard he and his fellow cricketers work was absolutely in his right to set the record straight.

Having said that, now that Lotus blurted this out, perhaps our cricketers will want more than ever to prove him and other such critics wrong. Nothing like some righteous anger to focus one's mind.

So I am watching out for some extra special effort in the second test.

Last edited by Zobair; January 22, 2010 at 07:38 PM..
Old January 22, 2010, 07:29 PM
Administrator

I would like to re-iterate a comment I made earlier:

Quote:
Setting administrative incompetence aside, this incident also highlights how crass LK and others of his ilk are. He may have merit in his comments but this just was not the time and place to make them. This was a time for celebration, let us celebrate. There will be plenty of time for LK to abuse his privilege and power. It is like coming to a birthday party and then berating the birthday boy for having done poorly in Geography.
Old January 22, 2010, 08:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Beshideshi bhai,

-----I retreated my post again

I am no longer a tad bit sorry for my earlier comment about a lowest of scumbag like Lutus scumbag Bastard Kamal scumbag! He can have some poor education, and that education is showing thoough his personality and character very nicely now!!! Low life scumbag Kamal, go screw yourself, leave Bangladesh cricket alone!!!

Last edited by bujhee kom; January 23, 2010 at 10:34 AM..
Old January 22, 2010, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Instead of generalizing all national cricketers Lotus should have diplomatically say it.
The comments Mr Lotus said are the comments we as fans sometimes mentioned in different threads. I share the frustration with him. However, when he is the BCB President he needs to decide what to say openly and what to do from the background and act accordingly. Typical politician of Bangladesh. But we are going through a transition so we need to accept these unprofessionals and keep focus on the points he mentioned - giving wickets away rather than staying in the middle is a just cause to be worried! Also we need to plan and play accordingly so that the opponents can't win when we need 2 runs in 3 balls but lose 2 wkts and the match in the process etc (U-19 WC).

On another note, we couldn't go for Minus 2 policy and we had to compromise and now we have to do that until people can make better judgment and choose better leader and their fate in say 30-50 years. Therefore, what Mr Lotus said should not surprise us. We as people deserve these people at these positions (Selected by the govt, who was elected by people). He may be unprofessional but let's just employ energy, time, passion to what would actually improve our cricketers' performance. If it's domestic infrastructure let's write about that and try to create some momentum on that arena,if possible. I liked the way Shakib answered. But from a third person point of view - it definitely broke some chain of discipline and it does not look good for administration in the long run. I hope there will be a closed door meeting with Shakib and all differences should be amicably settled ASAP. If an example needs to be created Shakib should be able to face that. Same goes for the BCB President, but he should diplomatically manage that in public.

Last edited by nsd3; January 22, 2010 at 09:26 PM..
Old January 22, 2010, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

There is no doubt the national cricketers have been irresponsible in the past...all talk and no show...but very recently it is changing somewhat...however our players are still not capable of playing the long innings in test and I feel more suffering is in order to increase their mental toughness!!
Old January 22, 2010, 10:02 PM

I guess LK was talking on Ash like commitment in the team, and its a truth to be told by someone [like LK], somewhre, but definitely not at the presentation ceremony though. I am glad that someone thrown that commitment issue on players face. The way our team and U-19 players losing repeated opportunities its more of lacking commitment, and good thinking. How that has to be develop/support is another issue to be taken care, and there comes BCB responsibility too.

There is no time to be happy with some sparks here and there, its high time to deliver, at least good process of doing job, and result at the end. First thing is to admit that lack, and then move on doing things right. Not just 'doing our best' or 'cant question our integrity' ... not enough any more after repeated failure [or result] for certain long period. Sooner or later, such or even worse is just around the corner from all over the world, if not one LK as we see.
Old January 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

looks like they had a big fight as sakib disagreed right away inturrupting mr kamal

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=123035

Is there going to hamper his becoming captain? i doubt sakib is bigger then kamal now
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

BK surely rocks

though i dont like Lotus kamal and any politician relations with cricket. but i agree our batsman are not responsible or atleast failed to show.

but lotus kamal is even more irresponsible to make such a biased comments just before 2nd match
Old January 22, 2010, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

First of all, the timing of this BCB vs Cricketers thing is going to hurt us big time as 2nd test is starting from tomorrow and I see this is only going to effect our performance negatively.

As LK's comment, if we consider the theme of what he wanted to say instead of just concentrating the word "irresponsible", I do not differ with him. I differ with the place/time he choose for his comments. Instead of doing it in front of of press/public he could have said it by calling a "meeting" with board directors and cricketers. There both parties could openly share their views.

Well, last week was disappointing for our cricket. We are not in a position now to be satisfied with a "fight" in a test. When we will learn to capitalize when opposition is under pressure? How many times we are going to let go these opportunities? It has started to hurt now. Seems like players are getting satisfied by winning a session/day and let the opposition to come back to match. 243 all out is nothing if we do not get any result on our side. Then the disappointing performance performance of U-19s. We are the only test side not to go through to the QF. LK was absolutely right saying that, we cannot take 2 runs from 4 balls but opposition is taking 38 runs from 2 overs against us to take the win away from us. There is reason for the BCB boss to be angry. But again, he showed the anger in wrong place.

Sakib's reply shows his guts and also shows the leadership quality he possess in himself. It was encouraging in that way. But the last thing i want to see is that Sakib becoming arrogant. It can make him satisfied with his performance and ruin the chances of the level we dream of Sakib to reach. Sakib also has to remember, he has a long way to go as a player. I just want Sakib to concentrate on his cricket and not to involve in other matters much.
Old January 23, 2010, 01:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

I just dont get it. If the bcb chairman post is a political post,why didnt awamileague select saber chowdhury? He is a tested and succesful admin and his passion & goodwill for bdcricket wont be dared to be questioned even by his worst enemies...I mean he is the most elligible person for this position in whole awamileague, if not of whole country! I just dont get it..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 23, 2010, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

I fully appreciate Zaved bhai's post. One cant just ignore the corruption of Lotas Kamal. Institutional education certificate doesn't matter. Board President cant make such comment when BD cricket team doing progress. doesn't he know any motivational words? or just like politician "negative words"?

Shakib al Hasan>>>Lotus Kamal
Old January 23, 2010, 02:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I also read that Sakib apologised later for his outburst after he calmed down.
Old January 23, 2010, 04:29 AM
Test Cricketer

shakib the man....thats why we need him as captain....

people, don't get all angry over lotus kamal....criticism is good from home than abroad...look, the matter is our performance...if we play badly, we get criticism from all over the world...it's good in a way he said that...hope it work's in our team's favor...well, we are all tired of seeing irresponsible shots over and over again...these comments will toughen them up...
Old January 23, 2010, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

miraj bhai, you surely have the brain and the understanding of a real president of a cricket board should. Maybe it's time to retire from BC so that you can hand in your CV to them. For reference, put all the BC members names
Old January 23, 2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
This is why Bolod politicians shouldn't open their mouth AT ALL.
...and he shouldn't be the President (BCB) at the first place anyway!
Old January 23, 2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
One can question application but definitely NOT some one's integrity. Each and every cricketer who dons the Bangladesh colours is playing for his country and puts in an enormous amount of blood and sweat for that privilege. Shakib who knows firsthand how hard he and his fellow cricketers work was absolutely in his right to set the record straight.

Having said that, now that Lotus blurted this out, perhaps our cricketers will want more than ever to prove him and other such critics wrong. Nothing like some righteous anger to focus one's mind.

So I am watching out for some extra special effort in the second test.
Hopefully, LK's comment will work like Sehwag's one.......!
Old January 23, 2010, 07:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim,Mash,Mushfiq

Such a comment by the BCB president just before the start of the second test will surely have a negative impact on the performance of the team tomorrow.This will surely demoralise our players,and especially Shakib,who had an argument with AHM Kamal.A local newspaper even posted a picture which shows Shakib kneeling down in front of the BCB President and apologising to him.The team spirit has really been hampered after all such incidents,I guess
Old January 23, 2010, 07:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Mr President,
responsibilty come from top. Why NCL did not start in time? What happened to the ICL todonto committee? Why selectors contract renewal were delayed? Why BCB still does not have a CEO? Why your son or grand son was occupying space in the prize giving ceremony of T20 final? Why there is no fielding coach in the national team? You are not doing your job properly and asking other to do the job. Do your job properly and then ask other from accountability.
Rabz Vai,
as far as I know zahurul islam (or Haque)is associated with Nirman cricket. He was a former president of BCB (when it was known as BCCB) long before we were a team with permanent ODI status
Old January 23, 2010, 07:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: See my avatar

Off Topic

Lotus Kamal - Pardon my ignorance, Is that a real name or are you guys using a nickname? Just curious because don't Lotus and Kamal mean the same thing? Its like an Englishman being called John John.