facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 28, 2010, 01:25 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
be on the positive side ....atleast Zim have one pacer who have worse econ rate than Shafi.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/343529.html

if he can maintain his econ rate like this....TAmim will destroy his career by next month
looks like this guy is a wicket taker..only 22 SR..leaks run but almost takes 3 wiks(if bowls full quota of 10 overs) a match..

Old November 28, 2010, 01:29 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
i dont agree here...he was the second highest scorer in the last series and u cannot consider the ncl stats as the main criteria of selection for the next series...u have to consider the international series first...moreover he is highly successful against the zimbos rather than any of our current batsmen...we are concentrating on a series win now..then comes the wc fact
i have been howling for SN in Zim series in many threads..i agree he should have been picked..but i just didn't liked his attitude..if the selectors drop u then make runs and shout their mouth..but never take ur place in the team for granted..
Old November 28, 2010, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Shahriar Nafees can take some motivation from this and improve as a batsmen, keep working on his game/batting technique.

I like him, I like him a lot, but he truth of the matter is, even he has to admit, he struggles a lot against quality pace/seam movement, hence i think why BCB excluded him. so if he plays, He should definitely not be used as an opener, but rather a middle order batsmen. based on my observations, he is very comfortable with spin, but poor against quality pacemen.

Something for Shahriar Nafees to think about, eh?
Yes you are correct but right now we need to apply our best force and win the series in a handsome way...the zimbos doesnt have any quality/genuine seamer that might make SN a big time failure
Old November 28, 2010, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
1 half century in 4 matches(also the same in NCL) and how come he can expect to be in the team..i'll agree that his exclusion was bad..he didn't deserved that(rokibul and zunayed should have been droped)..but that doesn't mean u can stay in the team by scoring a lone 50..those days of bd cricket are gone..
Then explain what is Ashraful doing there. Also, what did Zunaid & Roqibul do against the Kiwis?
Old November 28, 2010, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i have been howling for SN in Zim series in many threads..i agree he should have been picked..but i just didn't liked his attitude..if the selectors drop u then make runs and shout their mouth..but never take ur place in the team for granted..
i also complain about his attitude sometimes but right now he has the right to be furious bcoz it is really a poor decision to drop him just for the sake of some ncl heroics by roqibul whereas roqibul was a total failure in the last series.
Old November 28, 2010, 01:36 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Then explain what is Ashraful doing there. Also, what did Zunaid & Roqibul do against the Kiwis?
vai my comments was towards SN's attitude..what ash zunaid and roqibul is doing here is as well as my question to the selectors..
Old November 28, 2010, 01:44 PM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

The only good thing about this squad is- making SAKIB captain........beside this the whole squad selection is BS...

Shariar Nafess must have been given chance instead of Junaid Siddique(considering his past record agnst ZIM)
Johirul would've been far more better choice than Rock for main squad...
Dont know what Nazmul is doing in main squad...what is the need of 4th pacer..if you r that much intersted to build a pace-based bowling attack...then go find a pace allrounder..

Can anyone tell me that- Is this squad for full series or first 2/3 matches....is there any chance for reserve players besides injuries in main squad??
Old November 28, 2010, 01:44 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
i also complain about his attitude sometimes but right now he has the right to be furious bcoz it is really a poor decision to drop him just for the sake of some ncl heroics by roqibul whereas roqibul was a total failure in the last series.
totally agree with u..i am also mad about this..Roqibul really at the moment doesn't deserve a place in the team..SN should have been there...But SN should not have said " I think I did well in the last series, so I expected to play in the series"...lets face it 1 50 in 4 matches in ur home ground..will u call it doing well?..yes he did much better then zunayed and roqibul but lets not compare here with them...i meant to say those days of bd cricket is gone..where 1 50 and u can be sure of a place in the team..
Old November 28, 2010, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
totally agree with u..i am also mad about this..Roqibul really at the moment doesn't deserve a place in the team..SN should have been there...But SN should not have said " I think I did well in the last series, so I expected to play in the series"...lets face it 1 50 in 4 matches in ur home ground..will u call it doing well?..yes he did much better then zunayed and roqibul but lets not compare here with them...i meant to say those days of bd cricket is gone..where 1 50 and u can be sure of a place in the team..
seeing his comment, he meant that he did well in the last series and he deserved a place...surely he did...he contributed well in the series and also against the likes of kiwis..he is surely furious
Old November 28, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

IMO, great picks, excluding AshTheFool. I'd have picked Jahurul instead
Old November 28, 2010, 01:59 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
seeing his comment, he meant that he did well in the last series and he deserved a place...surely he did...he contributed well in the series and also against the likes of kiwis..he is surely furious
fare enough..
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
"He [Nafees] played well but he didn't do too well in the National Cricket League. Another reason is that Tamim is also our automatic choice, plus we have a settled batsman at No 3 in Junaed Siddiqui,"
Phew, I believe they are not as dumb as I thought they would be. People kept saying "take NS over JS at #3" after J had one bad series. This guy have been our number one number 3 batsman, ever since Bashar. Aftab, Rajin, Kapali, Ashraful, Nafees, Tushan (or w/e) and many other jokers failed at #3. It's not a easy place to bat, specially not for a lefty.
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Seems like sn completely forgot about his ncl contributions. If he had just performed consistently there then he would be there instead of roqibul or zunaed. Shouldn't have been that hard if he did well against NZ. No excuse for not performing in the ncl. However you can make 2 arguments on this case. Roqibul did poorly in the nz series while performing great in the ncl. Sn on the other hand performed solidly against nz but poorly in the ncl. Sn has 1 50 so far and so does Roqib but it took him a lot more matches. Roqibs 50 was against england and in their conditions while sns was against nz was at home. Again selectors put heavy emphasis on the ncl performances so that's why sn got dropped but roqib still stayed on. Well let's see if zunaed and roqib perform and prove the selectors right

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Last edited by Tiger444; November 28, 2010 at 02:09 PM..
Old November 28, 2010, 02:02 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
IMO, great picks, excluding AshTheFool. I'd have picked Jahurul instead
should not call ash like this
but just for the fun how about astafool!!
Old November 28, 2010, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Hey I learned that here. lol
Old November 28, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i dont agree here...he was the second highest scorer in the last series and u cannot consider the ncl stats as the main criteria of selection for the next series...u have to consider the international series first...moreover he is highly successful against the zimbos rather than any of our current batsmen...we are concentrating on a series win now..then comes the wc fact
You are not looking at the whole picture here. I agree that excluding him over Roquibul was not a good idea but then again this match against Zim is the final preparation for the WC. I think from the begening Nafees was never looked at in the WC team so the selectors are letting the players in the team who they have decided will play for the WC.

BTW, even if ASH performed in the NCL or not, he was always going to be in the final WC team. They could have simply given an excuse like : Ohh we need as much senior players as possible in the team and Ash has the max number of ODI under his belt. I just hope ASH is in form for the first time in his life (with him you can never tell)

About Shakib, I am very happy that he will be the one leading the team. Mash just got back in so he should settle down first. BTW who is our Vice captain?
Old November 28, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Seems like sn completely forgot about his ncl contributions. If he had just performed consistently there then he would be there instead of roqibul or zunaed. Shouldn't have been that hard if he did well against NZ. No excuse for not performing in the ncl. However you can make 2 arguments on this case. Roqibul did poorly in the nz series while performing great in the ncl. Sn on the other hand performed solidly against nz but poorly in the ncl. Sn has 1 50 so far and so does Roqib but it took him a lot more matches. Roqibs 50 was against england and in their conditions while sns was against nz was at home. Again selectors put heavy emphasis on the ncl performances so that's why sn got dropped but roqib still stayed on. Well let's see if zunaed and roqib perform and prove the selectors right

Currently we are not playing in england..we are playing on our yards and SN is far superior against the zimbos than roqibul...
Old November 28, 2010, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

The more I think about it also the less sense it makes selcting ash. He did well in the ncl true but he's had a horrible year. He has a worse sr then even roqib and an avg of a 19 this year. I don't think he should have made it over sn who performed well against the kiwis. Also not to mention ash's pathetic record against zimbabwe. An avg of only a 21 is not comparable to sn at all.

Old November 28, 2010, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
You are not looking at the whole picture here. I agree that excluding him over Roquibul was not a good idea but then again this match against Zim is the final preparation for the WC. I think from the begening Nafees was never looked at in the WC team so the selectors are letting the players in the team who they have decided will play for the WC.

BTW, even if ASH performed in the NCL or not, he was always going to be in the final WC team. They could have simply given an excuse like : Ohh we need as much senior players as possible in the team and Ash has the max number of ODI under his belt. I just hope ASH is in form for the first time in his life (with him you can never tell)

About Shakib, I am very happy that he will be the one leading the team. Mash just got back in so he should settle down first. BTW who is our Vice captain?
I dont mind about his exclusion from the wc squad but i do care when it comes about the series against zim....we badly need to win the series to keep our morale high for the wc and losing to zim might not help us that good...and also the ranking factor comes..if we lose a game to zim...we would again fall back..all the hard work against the kiwis will be lost easily...i am afraid roqibul might be a big flop here
Old November 28, 2010, 02:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Why are you disagreeing with me?
Old November 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO, the management should follow a rotation policy for pacers, we don't want to overwork any of them this close to WC'11. So, picking 4 pacers makes sense to me.

From Rafiqul Alam's comment, it sounds like he wants Ash in the WC squad by hook or by crook, it does not matter how pathetic Ash looked in the Asiad!
Old November 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444

I think its not about NCL performance. Its the position where they bat. Nafees is an opener. Raqib a middle order batsman.

Selectors picked the players based on positions, it seems. Imrul has been playing excellent cricket for last one and half year. They can't drop him. Zunaed also averaged over 30 at no.3 for last few series (except the NZ series). They can't drop Imrul and Zunaed for him. And Raqib..I think Ash will replace him at no.4.
Old November 28, 2010, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Why are you disagreeing with me?
i mainly disagreed with nightwolf but just quoted yours to say that though flopping against the big teams might went against him but then again the zimbo factor comes here first and he should have stayed.
Old November 28, 2010, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I dont mind about his exclusion from the wc squad but i do care when it comes about the series against zim....we badly need to win the series to keep our morale high for the wc and losing to zim might not help us that good...and also the ranking factor comes..if we lose a game to zim...we would again fall back..all the hard work against the kiwis will be lost easily...i am afraid roqibul might be a big flop here
Yes and I totaly agree with you. Nafees/Jahrul over ball waster is a choice for me anyday ... and also agree with you on the ranking factor aswell!
Old November 28, 2010, 02:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

wait a min. The Drama Queen is still there! SN could've been picked there easily