facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2012, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS

Omi mia kobor ase Gul,Cheema, Wahab je ki korbo ke jane
nare bai Gul, Cheema era Malingar moto eto hingsro na, Malinga kothay kothay yorker ar bouncer dite pare, or slingy action matha kharap kore dewar moto. Omi mia tho muta muti bouncer khaiya valoi kheltasilo kintu out hoilo onnojoner ball e khamokha pull korte giya

Old March 20, 2012, 04:52 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Malinga target the head, After Jahu got hit on the helmet, ami mone korchi dour dibe pavilion e dike. thats how nervous he was to face malinga. slinga shudu body target kore. if your playing him for the first time in ur life, then gd luck.
Old March 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Boy, does he look ugly against the short stuffs. Just as much as JS, SN if not more. No matter how much you hate Ash, at least he looks good when he is out there, even when he is playing stupid shots.
Define Looking good:

Old March 20, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Define Looking good:

Old March 20, 2012, 07:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

he was shook up by malinga .......

that blow on the head did the damage today. he lost his mind and when lakmal came he thought its time to break the shackles. but he should have continued and fight out the way nasir did.

anyway jahirul is not ASH or ROCK ..... so i expect him to learn from the mistakes
Old March 20, 2012, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

We have to agree....we don't have much experience or exposure to play against bowlers like Malinga....when was the last time we faced Lankans?
If there was anyone else in place of Jahurul....he would have reacted the same way.....now that we are on the way to the next level......slowly our batsmen will get adapted to it....and that day's not far when our players will hit 4/6 with finesse against worldclass bowlers like ajmal/swann/malinga/morkel/lee and Co.
Old March 21, 2012, 12:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Like I said before in my previous post in this thread, Omi needs to work on the cut and pull/hook/duck. Thta's his only weakness but fortunately, its not a wekness that cant be solved at this stage. Lots of players from the subcontinent have the same trouble, but if worked on, it can be solved, like Ganguly proved, so did Steve Waugh, or even to a certain extent our own Imrul Kayes(Surprised?).

I mean when England toured Bangladesh, they peppered him with short ones when Imrul's weakness was exposed, however, on the return tour, you could see, Imrul got alot better against the short stuff, since Siddons worked on him, even though he still got out to short ones, he wasnt as uncomfortable facing them. So this weakness can be worked on, (however I wish we had a batting coach like Siddons in the team, as even though I like Law, I dont exactly see him workinhg one-on-one with a player to improve his technique)

However, Omi's techniqal issues are not as bad while unfortunately, the more I seee of Nazimuddin, the more I think he doesnt belong in this level. Nazimuddin's techniqal problems are the sort that cant really be solved in this level, as even thoough there are palyers whose footwork are inadequate, atleast those players are good in their balance-shift, however, Nazimuddin doesnt seem to be gifted in the balancing area either. Also, he isnt good against the short ones. So this is a connundrum, as I dont want to see the likes of Sharier Nafees, Imrul or Junaid return in the national fold as a partner for Tamim. So we need someone else who is aggressive as an aggressive partner on the other end makes Tamim able to steadily build his innings without having to look for the big shots, as with Imrul, Tamim had to always be the aggressor which wasnt good for him. So I pray we have a good agrressive opener somewhere out there in the country.
Old March 21, 2012, 12:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

give him abreak he just got in the team let him settle down ashrafoool got many chances othe rplayers did not get so many chances as he got give him support so he can do well
Old March 21, 2012, 01:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
give him abreak he just got in the team let him settle down ashrafoool got many chances othe rplayers did not get so many chances as he got give him support so he can do well
Umm, if you didnt notice, I am supporting Omi, all I said was, he has a weakness against the short stuff and just needs to work on oit abit. I dont want him out of the team.

However, Nazimuddin, on the other hand, is a hopeless cause I am afraid.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:29 AM

Defence is his strength, he should strictly avoid pull/hook/wild swing shot early in the innings. We need him in the team for his defence skill, building partnership, not quick runs. Somebody should sit down with him and make it loud clear.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

His technical schizophrenia is scary but not unexpected. I appreciate his heart and want see if he has the ability to learn after a good run. Application is everything and I haven't seen anything in guys like Zunaed, KaEdge, Mofees, Motin, DaRok, Alok or (ESPECIALLY) Mohammad "Exquisite Timing" Kohlimuddin Sehwag to suggest that they're actually capable of rectifying flaws witnessed over 5 to 10 years.

Looking forward to witnessing how he does in the final and beyond. I have faith in him the way I have faith in Mushfiq (the batsman) to turn a corner soon enough.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2012, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
His technical schizophrenia is scary but not unexpected. I appreciate his heart and want see if he has the ability to learn after a good run. Application is everything and I haven't seen anything in guys like Zunaed, KaEdge, Mofees, Motin, DaRok, Alok or (ESPECIALLY) Mohammad "Exquisite Timing" Kohlimuddin Sehwag to suggest that they're actually capable of rectifying flaws witnessed over 5 to 10 years.

Looking forward to witnessing how he does in the final and beyond. I have faith in him the way I have faith in Mushfiq (the batsman) to turn a corner soon enough.
same here..
Old March 21, 2012, 03:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I have seen enough of him to say that he is a real good prospect if he can manage the hook/pull shot. And when he gets going he can be really good - his bottom hand shots pack some power.
Old March 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Have to say that after the 53 against India, Jahurul disappointed really badly. He should've really tried to play straight before trying to work that delivery away to the on side today. While he might not be in as bad of a position as Nazim, but still he's not out of the clear yet. Definitely needs to prove himself a lot more.

Last edited by Tiger444; March 22, 2012 at 02:47 PM..
Old March 22, 2012, 02:00 PM
Test Cricketer

He's a good cricketer, I think he will be an excellent prospect for Bangladesh cricket. He just needs a bit of confidence and lots of practice. hope selectors dont drop him based on his performance this series- we must consider the length of his absence from cricket.
Old March 22, 2012, 02:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

ordinary player, didnt perform in the BPL too

Not a good prospect for our cricket
Old March 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Expected a lot better from him..... Pretty ordinary so far...
Old March 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

well, to me he still look better option than Junaid and SN, he should be given enough chances. The delivery he got out from Ajmal even Tendu got out from same type of delivery at this tournament.
Old April 7, 2012, 05:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I'm disheartened with his performance in Asia cup, it should have been lot better. Do you think he is a prospect in ODI & T20 for Bangladesh?? Is he any better than Junaid, Rok, SN, anamul etc to remain in the team?
Old April 7, 2012, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Like I said before in my previous post in this thread, Omi needs to work on the cut and pull/hook/duck. Thta's his only weakness but fortunately, its not a wekness that cant be solved at this stage. Lots of players from the subcontinent have the same trouble, but if worked on, it can be solved, like Ganguly proved, so did Steve Waugh, or even to a certain extent our own Imrul Kayes(Surprised?).

I mean when England toured Bangladesh, they peppered him with short ones when Imrul's weakness was exposed, however, on the return tour, you could see, Imrul got alot better against the short stuff, since Siddons worked on him, even though he still got out to short ones, he wasnt as uncomfortable facing them. So this weakness can be worked on, (however I wish we had a batting coach like Siddons in the team, as even though I like Law, I dont exactly see him workinhg one-on-one with a player to improve his technique)

However, Omi's techniqal issues are not as bad while unfortunately, the more I seee of Nazimuddin, the more I think he doesnt belong in this level. Nazimuddin's techniqal problems are the sort that cant really be solved in this level, as even thoough there are palyers whose footwork are inadequate, atleast those players are good in their balance-shift, however, Nazimuddin doesnt seem to be gifted in the balancing area either. Also, he isnt good against the short ones. So this is a connundrum, as I dont want to see the likes of Sharier Nafees, Imrul or Junaid return in the national fold as a partner for Tamim. So we need someone else who is aggressive as an aggressive partner on the other end makes Tamim able to steadily build his innings without having to look for the big shots, as with Imrul, Tamim had to always be the aggressor which wasnt good for him. So I pray we have a good agrressive opener somewhere out there in the country.
I missed this post before. A really well put post Dark Mage. I agree with you here. Jahurul does have some issues that he needs to work on and has a ways to go but I believe he is a good batsman. Nazim on the other hand is not a really a batsman that can succeed in the international level. Thing is, Jahurul seems to at least have the basic ability while Nazim doesn't.
Old April 7, 2012, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I'm disheartened with his performance in Asia cup, it should have been lot better. Do you think he is a prospect in ODI & T20 for Bangladesh?? Is he any better than Junaid, Rok, SN, anamul etc to remain in the team?
Well Junaid, SN, and Rokibul got many chances to cement their places in the team but failed to do so. So it's time to give others a chance. Also SN was horrible in the DPL. Junaid and Rokibul performed well but not good enough to get recalls while Jahurul performed really well. So might as well continue with Jahurul.
Old April 8, 2012, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i would still give jahurul a couple of series. i believe that he is the perfect solution for our no.3 dilemma
Old January 20, 2013, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Well played Omi! Didn't get to see watch him play, but I'd assume he did good.
Still rate him, but he has to be a bit more consistent.
Old January 20, 2013, 09:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

All he did at International level is score a 50 against a weak bowling attack against India but the rest, he failed and can't play pace bowling well.
Old January 20, 2013, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
All he did at International level is score a 50 against a weak bowling attack against India but the rest, he failed and can't play pace bowling well.
He didn't get enough chances to be fair (as in full back to back series) and he plays okay against pace - his 40 odd vs England in Bristol was well made - not the runs per se, but how he made those.

I'm merely talking potential wise, he still has a good chance of making it to the limited overs team.