facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2014, 06:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

taijul is in some sort of form, needs to be in the next test match, rubel should be dropped from the squad and nazmul or abu jayed brought in as back-up fast bowler, riyad to be left out to accommodate these 2 changes.

Old February 1, 2014, 09:59 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Congrats to Mohammad Sharif on becoming the 2nd Bangladeshi and first pace bowler to take 300 FC wickets.
Old February 1, 2014, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Congrats to Mohammad Sharif on becoming the 2nd Bangladeshi and first pace bowler to take 300 FC wickets.
who was first ? Enamul Haque Jnr ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 1, 2014, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by riajul
who was first ? Enamul Haque Jnr ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Very good! Cookie for you.
Old February 6, 2014, 02:53 AM
Cricket Guru

is taijul becoming an all rounder, got 43 last match and currently on 56* batting at #6
Old February 6, 2014, 05:03 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Suhrwardi Shuvo and Elias Sunny are 'allrounders' in our domestic circuit. I'd take those statistics with a dram of salt.
Old February 6, 2014, 05:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Suhrwardi Shuvo and Elias Sunny are 'allrounders' in our domestic circuit. I'd take those statistics with a dram of salt.
TBH its same in many other countries domestic cricket.
Old February 6, 2014, 05:45 AM
Cricket Legend

This taijul. My word.
Old February 6, 2014, 06:51 AM
Cricket Guru

at the end of today's play we've got tushar on 86*, nizamuddin ripon on 51* and shuvagata on 65*, it will be interesting to see who can go on with it.

on another note anamul isn't playing this round, is he injured or was he dropped? a bit strange if he was dropped, i know he's not in the best form but did get 55 in his last match and 67 in the match before that.
Old February 7, 2014, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru

shuvagata hom got another ton, tushar also got a ton. nurul got 41 to add to his ton from last match, hopefully he can keep up this batting form.
Old February 7, 2014, 02:09 AM
Cricket Guru

barisal are going down hard, trail by 252 runs currently 5/78, muktar ali has 3
Old February 7, 2014, 02:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Come on rajin!
Old February 7, 2014, 02:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Good to see Shuvagata performing well. Although he's known as an aggressive batsman, it looks as though he's more suited for the longer format. A good season here and he could make a serious case for the national team.
Old February 7, 2014, 05:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Good to see Shuvagata performing well. Although he's known as an aggressive batsman, it looks as though he's more suited for the longer format. A good season here and he could make a serious case for the national team.
Was motoring along then when he got to about 80 he slowed down and did it mostly in singles, being able to take these singles is important for the higher level. He's now got 5 tons from 26 matches which is pretty decent, 9 half centuries. But is a #5/6 so I don't see him pushing for a spot as our middle order is to strong with naeem the back up atm so it will be tough for anyone to get into that middle order.

What I'm finding frustrating is that none of the fringe players are maning up and batting #3 for their club (aside from junaid and sabbir), maybe it's the captain and coach. Guys like naeem, rajin, asif and even shuvagata should be pushing for the #3 spot, batting there can only improve them as a batsman, I guess they are afraid that if they bat at 3 for their club and fail that they won't be consider for the national team in the middle order if a spot opens up as they haven't been performing. But if it was me and I really wanted to be in that team I'd go for the #3 spot, best chance of getting in atm.
Old February 7, 2014, 07:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Naeem, Shuvagata and Rok are all contenders in the long format. Imrul gets another series with that 100.

Question is why isn't shuvagata, rok and naeem batting at 3 knowing that the 3 is still open..
Old February 7, 2014, 07:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Naeem, Shuvagata and Rok are all contenders in the long format. Imrul gets another series with that 100.

Question is why isn't shuvagata, rok and naeem batting at 3 knowing that the 3 is still open..
naeem and rok especially since naeem has been around the national team recently, made some good scores, did well for the A team, has always been very consitent in long format cricket and has even batted up the order in ODIs (different format i know but it pulls are tiny bit of weight). and rok has been in good form on the comeback trail and wasn't he in some practice matches and did well not that long ago? anyone who knows they're not that far away (being around the squad, in practice matches etc) should do whatever they can to push themselves into that team.
Old February 7, 2014, 09:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Ya it's a bit baffling to see that Rock and Naeem are not batting at 3. You'd have to say that these 2 are fighting for the last spot for the next Test tour along with Marshall. So I don't understand why they're batting at 4.
Old February 7, 2014, 10:17 PM
Cricket Guru

i think anyone who has a good season here will be fighting for the last spot on the next tour, the ones who scored the runs at #3 should be the most likely to be selected but none of these guys are doing it and there isn't anyone at #3 pushing for it.

i wouldn't count out guys like anamul, junaid, jahurul, rajin etc. raqibul had a decent season last year averaging in the 38s but it wasn't spectacular and he has started well this season but shuvagata has also started well this season, junaid has made a couple of 60s i think, rajin is currently 44* we'll see what he can do with that today.

i'm sure naeem would have sealed this spot already if he had batted #3 last season and done it this season but he's not doing it.
Old February 7, 2014, 11:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

My man Kopali is back with a 100 ! A national call up soon?
Old February 8, 2014, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
My man Kopali is back with a 100 ! A national call up soon?
Time for us to move on. Kapali is history unless he is in the top 1-2 run scorer list of NCL.
Old February 8, 2014, 06:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

3 double century for winning cause. Then we get his fitness checked.
Old February 8, 2014, 08:37 PM
Cricket Guru

the thing about kapali is he's played quite a few matches in each international format and averages under 20 in all of them. no denying he has a lot of talent but he's completely missing the mentality and temperament even more so than the current batch who also have this issue.
Old February 8, 2014, 09:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Alok has a ways to go before he's even thought about for Tests or the national team as a matter of fact. He's struggled even in domestics for a while as far as I know. He's well behind the likes of Naeem and Raqibul
Old February 8, 2014, 11:07 PM
Cricket Guru

saikat ali got another half century, needs to turn more of those in to hundreds. asif ahmed just brought up his 50.
Old February 8, 2014, 11:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Good to see Hom bouncing back and amongst the runs as he should be. He's simply too good a player not to be amongst the top scorers in this farcical league.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)