facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2018, 12:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Location: Earth, Solar Neighbourhood, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

BD cricket team must be given due respect by all opponents; they are no pushovers any more. And it has been quite some time since they have proved the same.
Some rabid fans of all the other subcontinental teams (Ind, Pak, SL) find some perverse pleasure in mocking BD cricket. Irony is they justify their perversion as being targeted against BD cricket fans...not realizing how it reflects on themselves.

I do feel the majority of fans of all the countries are far more large hearted and sporting.

Old March 20, 2018, 12:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfirooz
http://island.lk/index.php?page_cat=...e_title=181734

The writer is credible
This is the most pathetic investigative article I have ever read, no doubt like their team this kind of media works as a stalwart for that below par history of civil rights violation. Even during the tourney there was riot going on in most cities and pockets in and around the island.

If anything this reporter should be put into custody for using such derogatory remarks against our players. Did he forget how much money every year their players earn from our leagues? Can he come to the conclusion that from this point SLC will not send their players to play in our leagues? I think such disrespect needs to be pointed out and the exact same thing happened during that game. This kind of cry baby articles makes that incapable disruptive nature of Srilanka players more viable only.

Now, he is mentioning a caterer. Was the caterer native? Was he from India? Which team was he supporting? How much education does he have or how much credibility can we put on him as an eye witness of an incident of such importance? What if he or one of his colleagues did it mistakenly while serving food or drink and now trying to cover it up?

Another poor replication of how they were serving as host.
Old March 20, 2018, 12:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyBangla
BD cricket team must be given due respect by all opponents; they are no pushovers any more. And it has been quite some time since they have proved the same.
Some rabid fans of all the other subcontinental teams (Ind, Pak, SL) find some perverse pleasure in mocking BD cricket. Irony is they justify their perversion as being targeted against BD cricket fans...not realizing how it reflects on themselves.

I do feel the majority of fans of all the countries are far more large hearted and sporting.
Wonderful post! I wish everybody carried such empathical sense of yours.
Old March 20, 2018, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

The recent discussions I have with English colleagues one of whom is an MCC member and English cricket fans, is Bangladesh is a decent squad and play decent cricket. They in particular like Tamim tbh over Shakib for his flamboyant batting. 8/9 years ago the tune was much different before.

There are some media journalists who write off Bangladesh. You should see the backlash the English would say in those articles.

So in UK I have seen some changes.

TBH even the British born Bangladeshis now take more interest when Bangladesh play.

Heard the commentary when Fizz came to play in his first match. The commies just kept on talking about him.
Old March 20, 2018, 02:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
The recent discussions I have with English colleagues one of whom is an MCC member and English cricket fans, is Bangladesh is a decent squad and play decent cricket. They in particular like Tamim tbh over Shakib for his flamboyant batting. 8/9 years ago the tune was much different before.

There are some media journalists who write off Bangladesh. You should see the backlash the English would say in those articles.

TBH even the British born Bangladeshis now take more interest when Bangladesh play.

Heard the commentary when Fizz came to play in his first match. The commies just kept on talking about him.
Very nice.

Also next time ask them to check Lords leader-board. We have two names proudly etched their for good.
Old March 20, 2018, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Agree with one world. That article is an utter disgrace and such distastefull.. calling us names. Who the f is he to make jdugment. you are a report.. report the news. If it's an opinion piece write it's an opnion peace and make sure it's ok for world wide consumption and not a third class post in a public forum like ours.

I didn't see a single report by the SL media when their confused/loss of identity fans abused our iconic fan . Where is that report??

92% literacy rate but write worse than illiterates... can't pen even a decent article without showing their true emotion/color.
Old March 20, 2018, 03:04 PM
Banned

There's a great rivalry brewing here. BD vs SL. They both can spring a surprise on their day. It's natural the fans take their rivalry to the next level. After a few results in the last 3 years, instead of Dhoni's you will see Mendis' head in some BD players' hand. Loved all the BD vs SL games in the Nidahas
Old March 20, 2018, 04:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Very nice.

Also next time ask them to check Lords leader-board. We have two names proudly etched their for good.
I don’t think that’s a good idea as it sounds cocky to ask someone to look out for Bangladeshi names.

I haven’t been to Lords myself though. When I do I will have a look.
Old March 20, 2018, 04:46 PM
Cricket Guru

If you thinks Clementine’s article was nasty you haven’t read articles by some New Zealand sports writer. The articles include things that highlight even the country in a poor light.

Oh well one stupid writer from the Island who is obviously writing crap to keep his readers happy. It’s all garbage and poorly written.
Old March 20, 2018, 08:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I don’t think that’s a good idea as it sounds cocky to ask someone to look out for Bangladeshi names.

I haven’t been to Lords myself though. When I do I will have a look.
I wonder if that is the right mindset to feel oneself cocky while defending baseless mockery although your situation might be different.
Old March 20, 2018, 08:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I wonder if that is the right mindset to feel oneself cocky while defending baseless mockery although your situation might be different.
I never mentioned I was being mocked so my situation was indeed different.
Old March 21, 2018, 02:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Once SL fans had good reputation among sub continent but not anymore. I dont see how our players and fans disrespected them except Shakib calling the players after terribad decision by the umpires ( SL umpires case in point). SL fans for no reason started attacking BD fans and players. They are making mockery, insulting and what not. Cricket has a history of unique celebrations so 'nagin dance' is not something out of ordinary. SL fans are showing their true faces now. Starting from social medias to stadium, they are all over us. SHAME.
Seriously!

For Christ sake this trophy means nothing. And Shakib to go to next level over a no ball speaks volumes to his capacity as a leader.

Whatever happened Bangladesh lost the respect of the average Sri Lankan fan.
Old March 21, 2018, 02:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyBangla

Pakistan, Sri Lanka has weakened teams due to retirements. That has allowed BD to be competitive. And credit to BD for that.

But forgive us if we do not regard you the next world cup winner. For you are not.
Old March 21, 2018, 03:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Location: Earth, Solar Neighbourhood, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Pakistan, Sri Lanka has weakened teams due to retirements. That has allowed BD to be competitive. And credit to BD for that.

But forgive us if we do not regard you the next world cup winner. For you are not.
I am an Indian btw.
Yes, it may appear hard to imagine BD as ODI WC winners; but they have potential to win the cup.

On a different note, what fun would there be if we always 'knew' the outcome of sport? Isn't that the reason why cricket (in particular) is thrilling?
Old March 21, 2018, 04:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Look other than Shade we had no sri lankan trolling us in BC in recent memory. Just watch how many sign up from india today if we lose.
Wow my predictions.. top-notch
Old March 21, 2018, 04:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Some of the trolls here honestly are a disgrace to the art of trolling.
Old March 21, 2018, 05:08 AM
Cricket Guru

The trolls are on a roll.......

They all ridin dirty...........
Old March 21, 2018, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:

you guys are not really high on the respect list either with your media onslaught about a broken door and our celebration and ultimately giving India a 12th man boost.

Look at the posts in the beginning of the thread, all talking positively of Lanka fans till you start showing more and more of you. In fact ultimately showing lack of self respect turning premadasa to wankhede stadium.

What is so wrong about the celebration? the underlying problem is you can't swallow the back to back defeat. Had you won - none of these broken door, nagin dance how it's ??offensive would have made headlines there. Instead you would move on to talk about your anomosity with india.

And you would see our press and people talk about that no ball non constant. but we are not doing that now because result went our way. That is the natural course of events.

So harping on and on about our playere and fans and how you lost respects reflects very poorly on you because that shows you are analyzing the events emotionally and not with clear head.

One of the sri lankan reporter wrote some senior official warned that Bangladeshi behavior will turn for worse.. if it's true I can guess who that senior traitor might be. This is the type of text that made on to your news paper.
Old March 21, 2018, 10:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Seriously!

For Christ sake this trophy means nothing. And Shakib to go to next level over a no ball speaks volumes to his capacity as a leader.

Not average, i think almost all Sri Lankan fans. And i dont think its the snake dance or the broken door. Its just that they cant accept the defeats-and the manner. They thought finally, Hathu will turn things around, then you get knocked out in the hands of a team you beat a month ago.

But will your lack of support make a difference to Bangladesh or their fans? Nope. More to lose for SL in this.

And i can assure you-while your fans are making memes trolling our team, your players will very soon make truce, if they want to play in BPL-and quite a lot of them including Thisira will.
Old March 21, 2018, 10:23 AM
Cricket Sage

..and still we are feeding Champaka and Gamini and many others with handsome monthly remunerations. Those islanders totally proven their ungrateful nonsensical mentality. I am glad that it got unleashed.
Old March 21, 2018, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:

Of Course, The English players and fans should know a great deal about Tamim Iqbal. haha
Old March 21, 2018, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
..and still we are feeding Champaka and Gamini and many others with handsome monthly remunerations. Those islanders totally proven their ungrateful nonsensical mentality. I am glad that it got unleashed.
To be frank, having lived here for the last ten years i learned that particularly the new generation-they need an enemy to be content in life. Which is why despite the end of 30 years civil war, there is still so much of ethnic conflict which led a social media blackout for nearly a week+state of emergency. Not too long ago the headlines were about fighting private university education.

And when they re tired of trying to pick up fights each other, now they have found a new enemy in the Bangladesh cricket team.

At least i am glad something has united them. A nobel peace prize to Shakib and his team
Old March 21, 2018, 11:22 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Not average, i think almost all Sri Lankan fans. And i dont think its the snake dance or the broken door. Its just that they cant accept the defeats-and the manner. They thought finally, Hathu will turn things around, then you get knocked out in the hands of a team you beat a month ago.

But will your lack of support make a difference to Bangladesh or their fans? Nope. More to lose for SL in this.

And i can assure you-while your fans are making memes trolling our team, your players will very soon make truce, if they want to play in BPL-and quite a lot of them including Thisira will.
the manners I get it. this was a team SL used to beat left right and center with their legends and its hard to digest this team doing cobra in front of you and the aura you had over them going out.

what I dont understand is how you can not accept the defeat. after everything cools down SL needs to look at their team, they are not the al mighty team with likes of murali,vass,malinga,sanga etc anymore. Haturi is not a magician who will make Kushal perera into jaysuria or akila into murali overnight. SL needs to look at BD and see this team is good enough to beat them, just because you beat them couple of months ago doesn't mean that this team is going to roll over in SL.

with current SL team and current BD team there is no shame for SL in losing to BD. SL is not as strong as IND/AUS/ENG etc that losing to BD will mean hell has frozen over. any sane SL fan will agree to that
Old March 21, 2018, 11:25 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
To be frank, having lived here for the last ten years i learned that particularly the new generation-they need an enemy to be content in life. Which is why despite the end of 30 years civil war, there is still so much of ethnic conflict which led a social media blackout for nearly a week+state of emergency. Not too long ago the headlines were about fighting private university education.

And when they re tired of trying to pick up fights each other, now they have found a new enemy in the Bangladesh cricket team.

At least i am glad something has united them. A nobel peace prize to Shakib and his team
what can I say..we are uniters..we made the unthinkable happen:-Indian crowd cheering for Pakistan
Old March 21, 2018, 11:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

From an Indian perspective, I am not sure either Bangladesh or Sri Lanka is hated.There is rivalry on cricket field, yes, but by and large both countries are seen as friendly neighbours by India. But there is a diametrically different view on Pakistan, it is seen as war by other means.It is not that Indians hate Pakistani people, but the Pakistan establishment which is seen to support terror. It is not for nothing that 3 countries, India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan hinted at Pakistan, without directly naming it as the source for terror in UN General Assembly. If 1 country is saying this, we may say it has an agenda. If 3 countries have the same opinion, there is a problem with the country concerned.