facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 16, 2018, 01:28 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Our problems are in our domestic cricket. We are not producing international quality players. Dropping seniors while youngsters come out of the same flawed system will not change anything. If change has to happen then it needs to happen at the age level and FC cricket. We need investments in those areas and gradually improve the quality of our pipeline players.

Old March 16, 2018, 01:30 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I doubt if any of these "visionaries" been following BD cricket for more than few years. even 2007 seem far fetched. I bet it was from 2015 and our good run following the WC. that period created a lot of fairweather fans who are now armchair experts and visionaries.
Spot on. As if the rest of us dont know where the problems are. Ajaira.
Old March 16, 2018, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Yay we face India....fun times ahead
Old March 16, 2018, 01:32 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
I doubt if any of these "visionaries" been following BD cricket for more than few years. even 2007 seem far fetched. I bet it was from 2015 and our good run following the WC. that period created a lot of fairweather fans who are now armchair experts and visionaries.
exactly

but these fans are good in a sense that they can stop the "olpotei khusi" mentality out of the team. Something us old fans are not getting out of. but the problem is that these new fans are not the kind that should be.

When Mushfik, Mullah or any other players play for the team you need to support them on the match. their failure is BD failure. i am seeing that most of these new fans wants certain X Y Z players fail even if they play for BD. thats should not be the way

Criticize while the game is not on. but when they are wearing the red and green they are representing your country and you need to support them as long as they are wearing that jersey
Old March 16, 2018, 01:32 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Nothing a cobra dance cant fix. Should be a fun game
Old March 16, 2018, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Can't speak for others, but I've been following BD cricket and this site a lot longer than you think. And I've seen Mufi_02 moan and complain enough times that I have no choice but to call you out on it.

FYI - if you don't want new members, simply dont allow them to join. A forum is meant to encourage different viewpoints, not everyone tapping each other in the back after every victory.
Old March 16, 2018, 01:33 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
meh dont care about that game. for me it was taking SL out of the final in SL. If we win the final good, if we dont then meh!

this is India A team. so even if we win the win wont get credit.
Old March 16, 2018, 01:36 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
meh dont care about that game. for me it was taking SL out of the final in SL. If we win the final good, if we dont then meh!

Man when the boundary fielder was doing the cobra dance and mocking us.. all the blood rushed to my head. This was a million dollar win from Ryad.
Old March 16, 2018, 01:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Winning Lanka's Independence Cup in Lanka will at least alleviate some pain suffered for the embarrassment dished out to us a month ago in all three formats
Old March 16, 2018, 01:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Can't speak for others, but I've been following BD cricket and this site a lot longer than you think. And I've seen Mufi_02 moan and complain enough times that I have no choice but to call you out on it.

FYI - if you don't want new members, simply dont allow them to join. A forum is meant to encourage different viewpoints, not everyone tapping each other in the back after every victory.
I don't own this forum. Don't even moderate it. You can post/write/share whatever you want.

my moaning and complaining shouldn't bother you..your only reaction to a very clutch innings was "oooh he is the best batsmen ever"..hiding behind sarcasm..being a knock off Roey at best. at least I like Roey's rap verses.
Old March 16, 2018, 01:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
exactly

but these fans are good in a sense that they can stop the "olpotei khusi" mentality out of the team. Something us old fans are not getting out of. but the problem is that these new fans are not the kind that should be.

When Mushfik, Mullah or any other players play for the team you need to support them on the match. their failure is BD failure. i am seeing that most of these new fans wants certain X Y Z players fail even if they play for BD. thats should not be the way

Criticize while the game is not on. but when they are wearing the red and green they are representing your country and you need to support them as long as they are wearing that jersey
right. we old fans should not suffer from inertia and welcome/encourage new viewpoints and ideas. amra olpo tei khushi hoye jai. there was a period when BD didn't win a single ODI for like 25-26 ODIs (spanning few years). but stuck through it. now these wins in foreign soils seems unbelievable. but we should set higher standards. I feel like Bashar sometimes. happy with just scoring 50.
Old March 16, 2018, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
I don't own this forum. Don't even moderate it. You can post/write/share whatever you want.

my moaning and complaining shouldn't bother you..your only reaction to a very clutch innings was "oooh he is the best batsmen ever"..hiding behind sarcasm..being a knock off Roey at best. at least I like Roey's rap verses.
Call me a knock-off Reoy all you want, and perhaps I can call you a knockoff jadukor with the holier-than-thou comments. Doesn't matter.

If your complaining shouldn't bother me, then why does my sarcasm bother you? looks like this site is no different from the BD team - seniors can do no wrong!
Cricket Legend

Man you dudes are depressing. Can we just enjoy this momentary bliss?
Cricket Legend

If anything this tourney has exposed our weakness to spin bowling.. Can we please drop SS on slow pitches.. heck even SN will fare better than SS on this surface..

Tamim
Liton
Sabbir
Shakib (4)
Mushfiq
Riyad (2)
Ariful (1)
Saifuddin (1)
Miraz (4)
Rubel (4)
Fizz (4)
Old March 16, 2018, 01:51 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Call me a knock-off Reoy all you want, and perhaps I can call you a knockoff jadukor with the holier-than-thou comments. Doesn't matter.

If your complaining shouldn't bother me, then why does my sarcasm bother you? looks like this site is no different from the BD team - seniors can do no wrong!
How about a truce
Old March 16, 2018, 01:52 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
If anything this tourney has exposed our weakness to spin bowling.. Can we please drop SS on slow pitches.. heck even SN will fare better than SS on this surface..

Tamim
Liton
Sabbir
Shakib (4)
Mushfiq
Riyad (2)
Ariful (1)
Saifuddin (1)
Miraz (4)
Rubel (4)
Fizz (4)
Saifuddin ki kono value add korey? I dont think his bowling or batting is at international level yet
Old March 16, 2018, 01:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:

seniors are not invincible. riyad should play like this consistently. Rahim should not average in the 30s. Shakib suffers from way too much brain fades. Tamim, while improved, still is not an ideal T20 partner.

they have tons of flaws...

but they are way way ahead compared to the players they replaced (bashar, pilot, durjoy etc.) and the ones that will replace them (sabbir, anamul, ss, liton, miraz)..
there is no comparison.

but lets agree to disagree. enjoy the win. lets save the nagin dance for the final.
Old March 16, 2018, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
BharatFan, please enjoy gully cricket:

Had to go all the way to 80s huh!!!
Test Cricketer

what a legendary 6 from Mamadala at such a climacteric moment!
He da man!
Shakib da man!
Sujon the new Nagin in da house
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Ki dekhlam! Pura poysha ushul! Nerve wrecking!
Sabash Ullah! You beauty!

Eto tena pechanor ki ase .. nekre / jadu .. ban koren to ei shob beshi bujha public gula re ... Final porjonto jail dilei hobe! Dui diner jogi ...
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
How about a truce
yeah come on guys. we are all Bangladesh fans here. from what Shakib did today and the end cobra dancing you can be sure that our beloved neighbours are ready with their da and kurals to tear in. i am sure there are couple of threads in FB/ICF/PP about how BD players are an embarrassment to the spirit of the game. We need to be united to defend our Pacha.

Group hug!
Old March 16, 2018, 01:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Mufi_02 calling him an old fan got me thinking, may be retirement is overdue now, even Furqan is considering retirement while I am hanging around as a good for nothing.
Banned

Anyway, Good luck to BD for the final. India A will just complete the formalities without much celebrations or dancing. They need to prepare for the real T20- IPL!!!
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharatfan
Had to go all the way to 80s huh!!!
what an argument, just because its in the 80s, its obsolete
Old March 16, 2018, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
what an argument, just because its in the 80s, its obsolete
Who said anything about obsolete? There are more rules now and expectations for a reason. There are more people watching the game now. The idea of the demerit system was to make sure the game's reputation is intact. I know you all are going through emotions now but take a step back and think how crazy this was.