facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 29, 2016, 02:29 PM

^^^ Go to any photo up-loader, i.e, Imgur or Photobucket, upload the photo/file and copy the forum link and paste it in your post ...

Old March 29, 2016, 02:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
One latest example from facebook - This one got 46 likes ...

Md Manik : বাংলাদেশ এবং ভারতের মধ্যকার খেলা নিয়ে খেলাধূলা বিষয়ক চ্যানেল ইএসপিএন এ কথা বলেন অস্ট্রেলিয়ান সাবেক অধিনায়ক ইয়ান চ্যাপেল,অন্যান্য সাবেক ক্রিকেটাররা যখনই ম্যাচ ফিক্সিয়ের জন্য অধিকতর তদন্তের কথা বলছেন তখন ইয়ান চ্যাপেল বলছেন অন্য কথা, ইয়ানের মতে ম্যাচ ফিক্সিয়ের কোন সম্ভাবনা নেই বরং বাংলাদেশ হেরেছে আম্পায়ারদের ভুলের কারণে। ইয়ান বলেন সাব্বির যে বলে আউট ছিলো সেটা ওয়াইড বল ছিলো কিন্তু সেই বলের রান যোগ করা হয়নি,স্কোরবোর্ডে এই বলটি অতিরিক্ত হিসেবে যোগ করা হয়েছ কিন্তু রান যোগ হয়নি.ইয়ান আরো বলেন এটা দৃশ্যমান ভুল,অদৃশ্য ভুলের জন্য আম্পায়ারদের কোন শাস্তি পেতে হয় না কিন্তু দৃশ্যমান ভুলের জন্য অবশ্যই আইসিসির 22/4 ধারায় শাস্তির ব্যাবস্থা আছে। বিষয়টি নিয়ে কতৃপক্ষ যথাযথ নিয়মে আইসিসির কাছে আবেদন করলে অবশ্যই আম্পায়ার তিন জন নিষিদ্ধ হবেন সব ধরনের খেলা থেকে. কারন এটা ছিলো বড় ম্যাচ এখানে এই ধরনের দৃশ্যমান ভুল করার কোন অধিকার নেই ম্যাচ পরিচালনাকারীদের। শুধু ইয়ান চ্যাপেল নয় অনেক খেলোয়াড় এই বিষয়টি নিয়ে মুখ খুলেছেন কিন্তু অত্যন্ত দুঃখজনক হলেও সত্য এত বড় একটা ভুল হয়ে গেলো , তবুও কেন মিডিয়াতে জোর আলোচনা হলোনা,ইয়ানের কথার সুত্র ধরেই বিদেশী অনেক মিডিয়া আবারো এই বিষয়টি নিয়ে কথা বলতে শুরু করেছেন। বিষয়টি অতি সুক্ষ্ম তাই অতিদ্রুত এই বিষয়ে আইসিসির দৃষ্টি আকর্ষণ করা হোক,মামলা করলেই শাসন স্বরূপ নিষিদ্ধ হবেন তিন আম্পায়ার। বাংলাদেশ এবং ভারতের মধ্যকার খেলার স্কোরবোর্ড আপনারা আরো একবার দেখুন তাহলে অতিসহজেই বিষয়টি পরিষ্কার অনুধাবন করতে পারবেন
BD - 68/2 in 9.2 overs

BD - 69/3 in 9.2 overs.

these people are just trying to earn some money.. the more like they get the more they earn. others are just plain stupid who follow..
Old March 29, 2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
^^^ Go to any photo up-loader, i.e, Imgur or Photobucket, upload the photo/file and copy the forum link and paste it in your post ...
Is it for me?

https://www.facebook.com/DailyProtho...96469733719444

This comment in virtually everywhere in Prothom-alo facebook page.
Old March 29, 2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Is it for me?
Nop! It was for nightman as s/he wanted to know how to upload a photo in BC! S/he deleted the post, thus, you don't see it!
Old March 29, 2016, 02:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
Is it for me?
yeah it was (LOL I GOT CONFUSED) only in connection to your post i quoted above and for other confused to see.. i am too lazy/sleepy now to go through all this as its 1:10 am so i copied the score from star sports replay.

i prnt/scrn 2 frames of the game. thats why i inquired. what a waste of time!
Old March 29, 2016, 02:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
One latest example from facebook - This one got 46 likes ...

Md Manik : বাংলাদেশ এবং ভারতের মধ্যকার খেলা নিয়ে খেলাধূলা বিষয়ক চ্যানেল ইএসপিএন এ কথা বলেন অস্ট্রেলিয়ান সাবেক অধিনায়ক ইয়ান চ্যাপেল,অন্যান্য সাবেক ক্রিকেটাররা যখনই ম্যাচ ফিক্সিয়ের জন্য অধিকতর তদন্তের কথা বলছেন তখন ইয়ান চ্যাপেল বলছেন অন্য কথা, ইয়ানের মতে ম্যাচ ফিক্সিয়ের কোন সম্ভাবনা নেই বরং বাংলাদেশ হেরেছে আম্পায়ারদের ভুলের কারণে। ইয়ান বলেন সাব্বির যে বলে আউট ছিলো সেটা ওয়াইড বল ছিলো কিন্তু সেই বলের রান যোগ করা হয়নি,স্কোরবোর্ডে এই বলটি অতিরিক্ত হিসেবে যোগ করা হয়েছ কিন্তু রান যোগ হয়নি.ইয়ান আরো বলেন এটা দৃশ্যমান ভুল,অদৃশ্য ভুলের জন্য আম্পায়ারদের কোন শাস্তি পেতে হয় না কিন্তু দৃশ্যমান ভুলের জন্য অবশ্যই আইসিসির 22/4 ধারায় শাস্তির ব্যাবস্থা আছে। বিষয়টি নিয়ে কতৃপক্ষ যথাযথ নিয়মে আইসিসির কাছে আবেদন করলে অবশ্যই আম্পায়ার তিন জন নিষিদ্ধ হবেন সব ধরনের খেলা থেকে. কারন এটা ছিলো বড় ম্যাচ এখানে এই ধরনের দৃশ্যমান ভুল করার কোন অধিকার নেই ম্যাচ পরিচালনাকারীদের। শুধু ইয়ান চ্যাপেল নয় অনেক খেলোয়াড় এই বিষয়টি নিয়ে মুখ খুলেছেন কিন্তু অত্যন্ত দুঃখজনক হলেও সত্য এত বড় একটা ভুল হয়ে গেলো , তবুও কেন মিডিয়াতে জোর আলোচনা হলোনা,ইয়ানের কথার সুত্র ধরেই বিদেশী অনেক মিডিয়া আবারো এই বিষয়টি নিয়ে কথা বলতে শুরু করেছেন। বিষয়টি অতি সুক্ষ্ম তাই অতিদ্রুত এই বিষয়ে আইসিসির দৃষ্টি আকর্ষণ করা হোক,মামলা করলেই শাসন স্বরূপ নিষিদ্ধ হবেন তিন আম্পায়ার। বাংলাদেশ এবং ভারতের মধ্যকার খেলার স্কোরবোর্ড আপনারা আরো একবার দেখুন তাহলে অতিসহজেই বিষয়টি পরিষ্কার অনুধাবন করতে পারবেন
Bhai quoting a random Facebook user doesn't prove anything. This has no credibility.

There are fb pages for earth is flat, moon landing was fake, Obama is Freemason etc. and all these have hundreds and thousands of likes and followers. Really doesn't prove anything.
Old March 29, 2016, 02:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

If we are going to generalize based on fb posts and yahoo news comment boards then you will lose faith in humanity. Just visit any comment section about Obama in Fox News site.
Old March 29, 2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
If we are going to generalize based on fb posts and yahoo news comment boards then you will lose faith in humanity. Just visit any comment section about Obama in Fox News site.
Yup, that truly reflects view of a section of Americans about Obama. For sure ...
Old March 29, 2016, 03:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Yup, that truly reflects view of a section of Americans about Obama. For sure ...
Applies to everyone. There are stupid and bigoted people everywhere. But if you only think it applies to only American and Bangladeshsis and Indians are exempt then there really is no point for discussion.

Please visit the Indian Bengali RSS FB page and see how many likes and followers they have.

I can easily quote their memes and posts which gets 1k+ likes. But I know you it doesn't represent all Indians.

So not sure why you quoting a random Facebook users proves anything?

But do you wanna play the fb post and likes game? Then please bring it on. I can crash the BC server with the amount of posts and memes I can gather from Indians. As you have gone that route (quoting random poster) to prove how stupid BD fans are, now I'm willing to go that route as well.

Enough of this Bs and insinuatation. Let's go!!!!
Old March 29, 2016, 05:36 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Thanda hon shobai, please.
Old March 29, 2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Applies to everyone. There are stupid and bigoted people everywhere. But if you only think it applies to only American and Bangladeshsis and Indians are exempt then there really is no point for discussion.

Please visit the Indian Bengali RSS FB page and see how many likes and followers they have.

I can easily quote their memes and posts which gets 1k+ likes. But I know you it doesn't represent all Indians.

So not sure why you quoting a random Facebook users proves anything?

But do you wanna play the fb post and likes game? Then please bring it on. I can crash the BC server with the amount of posts and memes I can gather from Indians. As you have gone that route (quoting random poster) to prove how stupid BD fans are, now I'm willing to go that route as well.

Enough of this Bs and insinuatation. Let's go!!!!
You probably didn't read what I've said.
Old March 29, 2016, 08:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Ok thanda hoilam. Deep breath.
Old March 30, 2016, 12:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Chalo, thanks for refraining from personal attacks. not sarcastic - appreciate it. I will just ignore the morons who can't raise their game above that level.
Civility FTW
Quote:
I'm not claiming that the average Indian fan is any better than BD fan. [snip]
Glad we agree that a certain % of fans are "sensible", others are true fanatics
Quote:
There is a problem that I see, however. There is a much greater willingness to believe in far-fetched conspiracy theories, ... if the board give credence to utter bullshit, where does it stop?
I will respond to this once you give me a honest explanation of how you explain Steve Bucknor being removed mid-series, Daryl Hair claiming BCCI pressure during his retirement or the Mike Denness affair. On all three it's not regular fans but your Board which cried foul, made accusations of racism (which is as nebulous an accusation as conspiracy) and then used its clout to do something more than whining (which is all that BCB can do).
Quote:
I don't understand what issue BD fans have with the mauka mauka ads? None of them were aimed at bangladesh.
Like I mentioned in another post, those who are in a position of privilege will NEVER perceive the advantages received from that source or the disadvantages and slights meted upon those who don't have it. Most white Americans for e.g. don't get the point of BlackLivesMatter - even though the stats are staring them in the face. So here's my suggestion. Go watch Peter Sellers The Party or any other patronising movies about India/Indians from that era. If you find them starting to get annoying, you will get it. If you don't, well ...
Old March 30, 2016, 02:46 PM
BC Editorial Team

And fans from India, how do you expect "sane" posters to react when we see news stories like this?
http://www.dhakatribune.com/banglade...e-bangladeshis

What's the local context? Is it because Maharastra government is BJP governed?
Old March 30, 2016, 03:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
And fans from India, how do you expect "sane" posters to react when we see news stories like this?

ah the comment section --

Quote:
Stan > Jisan • an hour ago

There is no mismanagement. When Mumbai sees illegal Bangladeshi population aplenty and guess who was behind kicking the Amar Jawan Jyoti memorial (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..., every random hotel guy will behave suspiciously to avoid hosting Bangladeshis or Bengali-speaking Muslim-looking people. Sorry, what one sows, one reaps. Dont blame Mumbaikars for this kinda behavor.
Quote:
Stan • 3 hours ago
Latoya Mistral Ferns, please apologize on your own behalf, not on India. If places such as West Bengal, Assam and Meghalaya less of Bengali Muslim invasion and demographic change (which is a misnomer and pol correct version for invasion from Bangladesh) and Tripura saw less of Bengali Hindu invasion and demographic change (which is another pol correct version for invasion of Hindus hounded out of Bangladesh), places such as Mumbai and Delhi wont behave this badly. Fix Bangladesh rather than point fingers at India.
and then pretending to be Bangladeshi, coz no Bangladeshi ever talks like "Bangla can't ignore...."

Quote:
imcoolapi • 6 hours ago
We need India for our existence. In present geo-political scenario, Bangla can't ignore India's role. Our journos not getting accomodation is a freak incident, which cannot sour India-Bangladesh friendship. Remember India gave us freedom from Pak plunderers.
there you go Razab bhai. the answers to your inquiries.

I thought these guys only come at BC under the guise of 'cricket fans'. But now I see they read local BD paper such as Dhaka Tribune and fill up the comment section.

The internet is getting infested with so many Indians. Ind-festation
Old March 30, 2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
The internet is getting infested with so many Indians. Ind-festation
Indians are one seventh of humanity after all.
Old March 30, 2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:

You got it almost right. It's mostly Shiv Sena in Mumbai. Thanks for reference, I was just expecting this to happen.
Old March 30, 2016, 03:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Indians blaming BDeshis are akin to Trump and his supporters blaming Mexicans and Muslims
Old March 30, 2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I will respond to this once you give me a honest explanation of how you explain Steve Bucknor being removed mid-series, Daryl Hair claiming BCCI pressure during his retirement or the Mike Denness affair. On all three it's not regular fans but your Board which cried foul, made accusations of racism (which is as nebulous an accusation as conspiracy) and then used its clout to do something more than whining (which is all that BCB can do).
Thinking about BCB's muscle, do you know who were the umpires in India vs Bangladesh match in 2016 WC -
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-worl...ch/951353.html

Umpires - Aleem Dar (Pakistan) and BNJ Oxenford (Australia)
TV umpire - IJ Gould (England)
Old March 30, 2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
BTW, where did you get that BCCI accused these three of racism? References?

Darrell Hair probably was removed by Pakistan board and he was suing them. For the downfall of other two, it was just BCCI muscle.
Old March 30, 2016, 06:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Thinking about BCB's muscle, do you know who were the umpires in India vs Bangladesh match in 2016 WC -
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-worl...ch/951353.html

Umpires - Aleem Dar (Pakistan) and BNJ Oxenford (Australia)
TV umpire - IJ Gould (England)
Funny!
Look big teams will always gets the calls. Let's not debate it. India used to get crappy calls until a few years ago. Thanks to BCCI's muscle, this is no longer the case.
Old March 30, 2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Funny!
Look big teams will always gets the calls. Let's not debate it. India used to get crappy calls until a few years ago. Thanks to BCCI's muscle, this is no longer the case.
I know I have fought with you on this a lot of times. But after seeing this one, I truly believed it won't have happened if India were in the receiving end. I absolutely believe it.
Old March 30, 2016, 08:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:

Both my mother and I experienced this in Mumbai, Kolkata and Gujarat when we were living there between 2006-2008. I was a high school student then and had difficulty finding a place to stay when I was traveling with friends. Usually, two to three friends shared a room but as I was a Bangladeshi I was compelled to book a separate room for myself :/

In Maharashtra, it's got to do with Shiv Sena and in Kolkata it has more to do with looking down on us 'Bangals'.
Old March 31, 2016, 01:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Both my mother and I experienced this in Mumbai, Kolkata and Gujarat when we were living there between 2006-2008. I was a high school student then and had difficulty finding a place to stay when I was traveling with friends. Usually, two to three friends shared a room but as I was a Bangladeshi I was compelled to book a separate room for myself :/

In Maharashtra, it's got to do with Shiv Sena and in Kolkata it has more to do with looking down on us 'Bangals'.
One of my cousin brother also studied in India. I heard from him that Kolkata bengali are treated badly in other parts of India. They are treated like third class citizen in India. For this reason, many kolkata bengalis don't want to learn Bangla or don't want to communicate in Bangla. They either prefer English or Hindi. Most of the young generations are ashamed of their root (many came from Bangladesh). No wonder why kolkata bengalis hate (or may be jealous) Bangladeshis more than any than races in India.
Old March 31, 2016, 02:26 AM
BC Editorial Team

As myself - ad hominem much?