facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 6, 2006, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Bangladesh as far as I know is 88-90% muslim, and if they have some understanding of Islam, they should all ultimately want a Shariah system, unless the majority are hypocrites. Because as muslims we always say we believe in the Quran and hadith(sayings of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).
You see, That's how it start!

You start to call "hypocrites" those who does not support Sharia as BD's law system. You start to question their standard of faith or purity in Islam, and start to classify them as "non muslim", "kafer". You start to call "kafer", "murtad" even Dr. Yunus since he helping women coming out from their house, and showing their way of earning their lives. You start to demand BD as Islamic country, and should be ruled by a group of "Shura", "holy people" instead of ( western ) democracy, since we muslims are 84%, and the majority of this country. You start to demand change of BD's constitution and national anthem, since that anthem never represent Islamic value, or the writer is a Hindu. You start to call media and it's people as criminal, since they are putting down Islam by connecting criminal organization with "holy people". You start to call people to reject existing judicial system but to go to local Mosque for settle your judicial as well as family problem. You can add more and more which seemed to be devaluing Islam one way or another in your mind, will make the list. And for all of these, I see no difference between YOU and VILLAGE mullah ( not anyone personally ). In fact, most of these came from our so called "holy people" who are not yet recognized as CRIMINAL unlike JMB, but forgiven once for their CRIME in 71, the highest ever in BD history.

I thought my previous post was clear enough for my point, but for the last time. Whether Sharia is right or wrong for BD or for any country these days, or you want to be ruled by Sharia law, is your personal belief / choice, no need to insist or force anyone. I personally hate JMB not only because of their criminal act, but also because they tried to impose Sharia law on us, and I also believe some other people might be feeling same way. I don't see the reason why I should be corrected by other intellectual for my CHOICE.

Old March 6, 2006, 01:13 AM

Quote:
...and of course poorfan, is making the old argument that islam is an archaic curse on humanity. i am not even considering that as worthy of refutation because clearly this illustrates 1 of 2 and only 2 possiblities: a complete lack of knowledge about islam or intense dislike of islam.
Al Furqaan,
If you need something that fire you up or inspire you to write something good, then you should pick it properly.

I failed to find something in my post that justify your above comment on me. It will be nice if you clear me which part of my post was saying / insisting / indicating that islam is an archaic curse on humanity? I request you to read my previous post again, and justify your comment please.
Old March 6, 2006, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan

You start to call "hypocrites" those who does not support Sharia as BD's law system. You start to question their standard of faith or purity in Islam, and start to classify them as "non muslim", "kafer". You start to call "kafer", "murtad" even Dr. Yunus since he helping women coming out from their house, and showing their way of earning their lives. You start to demand BD as Islamic country, and should be ruled by a group of "Shura", "holy people" instead of ( western ) democracy, since we muslims are 84%, and the majority of this country. You start to demand change of BD's constitution and national anthem, since that anthem never represent Islamic value, or the writer is a Hindu. You start to call media and it's people as criminal, since they are putting down Islam by connecting criminal organization with "holy people". .
There we go again......

I dont label anyone as Murtad or Kafir, least of all Dr.Yunus.

I am perfectly happy with Amar Shonar Bangla

I'd be more than glad to see your "holy people" treated like a criminal if they have commited any crime.

Yet I hope for a humane Sharia to be implemented peacefully in Bangladesh when people accept it.

There are plenty of patiotic Bangladeshis out there who hate JMB and Bangla Bhai, but dont hate Sharia or Islam.
Old March 6, 2006, 09:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
I request you to read my previous post again, and justify your comment please
i will read it again, as you wish.
Old March 6, 2006, 10:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
originally posted by Poorfan
Al Furqaan,
If you need something that fire you up or inspire you to write something good, then you should pick it properly.

I failed to find something in my post that justify your above comment on me. It will be nice if you clear me which part of my post was saying / insisting / indicating that islam is an archaic curse on humanity? I request you to read my previous post again, and justify your comment please.
Poorfan, I want you and everyone on this forum to understand one thing: I choose my words carefully. Because of this, when I make a mistake, when I realize it, I have absolutely no hesitation to acknowledge and correct my mistakes. I do make mistakes; I am a mere mortal.

But I choose my words carefully, therefor, to catch me in the wrong, your game is gonna have to be razor sharp.

Now my response to your post:

You are absolutely correct, Poorfan. There was nothing on any of your posts, to justify my comment on you. My comment was based purely on gut instinct and logical inferences.

And it was an extremely accurate inference.

How do I know?

Easy. My comment was unwarranted based on your previous posts. Key word, previous. However, I could sense from your style what your beliefs were, even had they not been explicitly spelled out. This gift of hyper-perception I inherited from my mother.

Furthermore, you yourself, provided justification for my comment on this very page of the thread.

Take a look for yourself:

Quote:
Whether Sharia is right or wrong for BD or for any country these days, or you want to be ruled by Sharia law, is your personal belief / choice, no need to insist or force anyone.
"...or for any country these days..."

You mention the applicabilty of Islam in our current time ("these days") while conversing with Banglatiger.

Now, you did not say right or wrong, but be honest with me here. You do feel it is not applicable for the present day and age, right? Hence that it is backward, pardon the cliche. Whats another word for 'backward'? Archaic.

Thus the argument comes full circle.

With that being said, whatever your beliefs about Islam/muslims is fine, at least with me. In fact, I relish the opportunity to discuss issues with those who have antithetical views to mine.

I hope that this exchange has benefitted you as it has benefitted me, and I hope that you continue to educate yourself about Islam and what it really means.
Old March 6, 2006, 10:36 AM
Cricket Sage

the issue is not about hypocrites or apostates, IMO.

the issue is about sincerity and self-integrity and being honest with at least yourself.

if a group of people claim to be muslims, should they not act like muslims? just a suggestion.

its a bit like bangla bhai saying 'i am a peace activist, a pacifist. but i enjoy blowing up my fellow countrymen.'

that makes no sense.

and neither does, 'i am a muslim, and i believe we should not live according to islamic principles.'

its not an issue of munafiqun or murtad, but a plain issue of illogic.
Old March 6, 2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Just a note:
The topic is about Shayekh Rahman being caught. Not about shariah. Stay on topic.
Old March 6, 2006, 03:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

yes the thread may be going off topic. but very enlightening discussion. brother al-furquan, may i contact u pesonally?? i wish i could organize my words like u. muslims need people like u who could represent islam properly.
now about JMB, the whole country is celebrating the arrest of abdur rahman and banglabhai. electrical chairs are waiting for them.
Old March 7, 2006, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
Quote:
Al Furqaan,

Poorfan, I want you and everyone on this forum to understand one thing: I choose my words carefully. Because of this, when I make a mistake, when I realize it, I have absolutely no hesitation to acknowledge and correct my mistakes. I do make mistakes; I am a mere mortal.

But I choose my words carefully, therefor, to catch me in the wrong, your game is gonna have to be razor sharp.

Now my response to your post:

You are absolutely correct, Poorfan. There was nothing on any of your posts, to justify my comment on you. My comment was based purely on gut instinct and logical inferences.

And it was an extremely accurate inference.

How do I know?

Easy. My comment was unwarranted based on your previous posts. Key word, previous. However, I could sense from your style what your beliefs were, even had they not been explicitly spelled out. This gift of hyper-perception I inherited from my mother.

Furthermore, you yourself, provided justification for my comment on this very page of the thread.

Take a look for yourself:

Quote:
Whether Sharia is right or wrong for BD or for any country these days, or you want to be ruled by Sharia law, is your personal belief / choice, no need to insist or force anyone.
"...or for any country these days..."

You mention the applicabilty of Islam in our current time ("these days") while conversing with Banglatiger.

Now, you did not say right or wrong, but be honest with me here. You do feel it is not applicable for the present day and age, right? Hence that it is backward, pardon the cliche. Whats another word for 'backward'? Archaic.

Thus the argument comes full circle.

With that being said, whatever your beliefs about Islam/muslims is fine, at least with me. In fact, I relish the opportunity to discuss issues with those who have antithetical views to mine.

I hope that this exchange has benefitted you as it has benefitted me, and I hope that you continue to educate yourself about Islam and what it really means.
Ohh ... You find the key word "these days"!! Now I understand where your comments are coming from.

FYI, I have been always saying that Sharia is not suitable for BD ( or any other country ) in present days, you may not noticed that yet. I thought I was very clear on that by the quote bellow ( my earlier post on Banglatiger84's comment ), hope you need no gift of "hyper perception" from your mom this time.:P

Quote:
And yes the idea of Sharia existed for centuries, but that never means it will be perfect for the people even after centuries.
However, you did manage to explain "backward" -> "Archaic", but "curse on humanity"!? did you just missed that part? Or you just have another "hyper perception" on me ( my style and my belief ), that I believe "islam is an archaic curse on humanity". Either way, it's hard to believe you failed to recognize the difference between calling "islam is an archaic curse on humanity" and "Sharia is not suitable for these days". To me, there is a huge difference though you may intend to ignore that. That's why your "extremely accurate inference" ( as you claimed ) on me become "extremely wrong" in my view.

Anyway, we had gone too far already from original topic of this thread, and I am not kinda guy, who is trying to "catch you in the wrong", hence no need to sharpen up my razor. Thank's for spending time to response and clarify yourself.

Oh btw, nice to know you always choose words carefully to avoid mistake, and correct yourself when needed, I wish if I could learn from you on this.
Old March 7, 2006, 03:29 AM

Quote:
its a bit like bangla bhai saying 'i am a peace activist, a pacifist. but i enjoy blowing up my fellow countrymen.'

that makes no sense.

and neither does, 'i am a muslim, and i believe we should not live according to islamic principles.'

its not an issue of munafiqun or murtad, but a plain issue of illogic.
So, it does make sense when someone says "if you are a true muslim then you must be ruled by Sharia law" indeed a plain logic, isn't it? I wonder why I feel so familiar with this phrase, and so called Islamic politicians ( not only in our country ) these days...
Old March 7, 2006, 04:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84
Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan

You start to call "hypocrites" those who does not support Sharia as BD's law system. You start to question their standard of faith or purity in Islam, and start to classify them as "non muslim", "kafer". You start to call "kafer", "murtad" even Dr. Yunus since he helping women coming out from their house, and showing their way of earning their lives. You start to demand BD as Islamic country, and should be ruled by a group of "Shura", "holy people" instead of ( western ) democracy, since we muslims are 84%, and the majority of this country. You start to demand change of BD's constitution and national anthem, since that anthem never represent Islamic value, or the writer is a Hindu. You start to call media and it's people as criminal, since they are putting down Islam by connecting criminal organization with "holy people". .
There we go again......

I dont label anyone as Murtad or Kafir, least of all Dr.Yunus.

I am perfectly happy with Amar Shonar Bangla

I'd be more than glad to see your "holy people" treated like a criminal if they have commited any crime.

Yet I hope for a humane Sharia to be implemented peacefully in Bangladesh when people accept it.

There are plenty of patiotic Bangladeshis out there who hate JMB and Bangla Bhai, but dont hate Sharia or Islam.

hey man jsut stay in UAE and practise sharia to your heart's contant..don't you ever come back to Bangladesh. The barbarism of sharia is just too much for the majority of us..and we won't tolarate any of it. Thanks.
Old March 7, 2006, 05:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by jx3
[
hey man jsut stay in UAE and practise sharia to your heart's contant..don't you ever come back to Bangladesh. The barbarism of sharia is just too much for the majority of us..and we won't tolarate any of it. Thanks.

How ignorant!

UAE does not have Sharia law, in fact most laws are more liberal than Bangladesh's laws.

When you kids start a rant, the least you can do is get your facts right

The rest of your post is not worth replying too. I remember how you wanted to open a gas chamber for Bangladeshi Muslims.

Take your Nazi beliefs elsewhere, ok?
Old March 7, 2006, 05:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Coming back to the topic, I feel RAB deserves all the plaudits it is getting. :RAB:

its good to know he hasnt been injured, because that would make interogation tougher.

Now, he should be interogated and made to retract and repent for his acts on TV.

He deserves every punishment that will come his way. The only ones i feel bad for are his grandkids and other family members, if innocent
Old March 7, 2006, 11:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Oh btw, nice to know you always choose words carefully to avoid mistake, and correct yourself when needed, I wish if I could learn from you on this.
then why don't you?

Quote:
Either way, it's hard to believe you failed to recognize the difference between calling "islam is an archaic curse on humanity" and "Sharia is not suitable for these days". To me, there is a huge difference though you may intend to ignore that. That's why your "extremely accurate inference" ( as you claimed ) on me become "extremely wrong" in my view...

...Either way, it's hard to believe you failed to recognize the difference between calling "islam is an archaic curse on humanity" and "Sharia is not suitable for these days".
ok, you want me to spell it out? i'll spell it out for you.

premise: we agree that 'backward' = 'archaic'

so here it is:

islam is archaic --> it is not applicable in the present day --> therefore there must be a better 'set of rules' for modern times --> but islam claims to be 'for all times and places' --> therefore islam must be lying --> lying is bad --> bad is evil --> therefore islam is evil --> evil things are usually not boons to society --> evil is usually a bane on society --> bane is another word for curse --> therefore islam is a 'curse on society'.

so i failed to recognize the difference because there wasn't any. to you they were 2 unrelated statements but in reality they weren't

Quote:
However, you did manage to explain "backward" -> "Archaic", but "curse on humanity"!? did you just missed that part? Or you just have another "hyper perception" on me ( my style and my belief ), that I believe "islam is an archaic curse on humanity".
yes, i got that from your style and beliefs. but admit it, deep down inside the innermost recesses of your heart, that is what you believe. perhaps you even struggle with it yourself. but that is reality.
Old March 7, 2006, 11:18 AM
Cricket Sage

and after come on guys, after 4 pages a thread is bound to go off topic.

the thread is 'shaikh rahman got caught'. how many different ways can you say that? surely by the time you reach half way down the first page, one will struggle to find different ways to say it.
Old March 7, 2006, 09:29 PM

al Furqaan, For the last time...

I don't spell things out like you spell, I don't see things like you see, I don't think like you think, I don't believe like you believe, I don't live you live... So don't try to judge / explain my REALITY and my STRUGGLE, it's not helping me even if you intend to.

Quote:
islam is archaic --> it is not applicable in the present day --> therefore there must be a better 'set of rules' for modern times --> but islam claims to be 'for all times and places' --> therefore islam must be lying --> lying is bad --> bad is evil --> therefore islam is evil --> evil things are usually not boons to society --> evil is usually a bane on society --> bane is another word for curse --> therefore islam is a 'curse on society'.
The way you spelled ( sharia ) like above, all I see how those MASTER MIND people appears at the end. You can easily SPELL out that too, adding few more things at the bottom of your above comment. I had enough from you, so let just stop preaching ( me ) on this matter.
Old March 8, 2006, 12:41 AM
Cricket Sage

no problem. i just wish you said that earlier.
Old March 8, 2006, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

I m thinking of sending SOS to Dawah and Vlad mamu to join the debate on Shariah. Men, this thread is for Abdur Rahaman not Shariah. And i think Shark clearly how Shariah law evolve, how it stands to day