facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 14, 2011, 07:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

It'll be a tight finish to what has been a very sloppy test match. No real advantage to either team.

Old May 14, 2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

pak to win...windies were my favourites but after the way they failed against england, i lost all my respect for this team.....i love see them loosing now.....come on pak....beat the **** out of them
Old May 14, 2011, 09:46 PM
Banned

it still hurts that if they had won, we wud be playing in quarters in world cup...just cant stand windies now
Old May 14, 2011, 10:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
it still hurts that if they had won, we wud be playing in quarters in world cup...just cant stand windies now
So you're blaming the Windies for us not advancing? Nice man, that's a great way of thinking! We did not deserve to go to the next round with the way we played against SA. If we had showed more fight against them then I would feel bad but we showed no resistance. Also if we had put up some fight against the WI, we wouldn't have been in that position of relying on another team to bail us out. So the blame others attitude will get us nowhere.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:24 PM
Banned

agree with u,,, but all teams rely on a bit of fortune, i am not saying we shd depend on others, no way..make no mistake, i was a diehard windies fan..but the way they collapsed, made me heartbroken..people talk abt kenya in 200 wc semifinal...do u know they only came so far till semis, only coz nz forfetited their game against kenya....if that wasnt the case, then ken wouldnt make it to the semis even......whateva, windies cricket is on the demise, its time to show we are better than them..let them be satisfied with all achievement s they had during 80s, cant stand them anymore
Old May 14, 2011, 11:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
agree with u,,, but all teams rely on a bit of fortune, i am not saying we shd depend on others, no way..make no mistake, i was a diehard windies fan..but the way they collapsed, made me heartbroken..people talk abt kenya in 200 wc semifinal...do u know they only came so far till semis, only coz nz forfetited their game against kenya....if that wasnt the case, then ken wouldnt make it to the semis even......whateva, windies cricket is on the demise, its time to show we are better than them..let them be satisfied with all achievement s they had during 80s, cant stand them anymore
I understand bro. Believe me I was upset as well when WI lost. Not only did they lose but they just threw it away. But as they say, bad teams find ways to lose and that's the case here. SA also couldve handled their business against England as well but they choked as uaual. I'm more mad at the fact that we got killed against the WI like that. We shouldve been able to put up a better show then that.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 15, 2011, 04:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I understand bro. Believe me I was upset as well when WI lost. Not only did they lose but they just threw it away. But as they say, bad teams find ways to lose and that's the case here. SA also couldve handled their business against England as well but they choked as uaual. I'm more mad at the fact that we got killed against the WI like that. We shouldve been able to put up a better show then that.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
agre agree
Old May 15, 2011, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

4th wicket down. one more wicket and WI will be in the game. I love low scoring games
Old May 15, 2011, 12:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Come on Windies. 2 more wickets. It's been a while
Old May 15, 2011, 12:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Pakistan are a solid one day side, they made the semi-finals, and had it not been for giving Tendulkar 5 lives, woulda been in the final. But their Test batting is just woeful. England tour, they batted worse than us. They are worse than we are in terms of Test batting. If they don't improve drastically, we will have a chance against them this winter.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 15, 2011, 12:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

After a long time I have followed a non-Bangladesh Test match so closely. Very happy for the Windies and for Sammy. The guy gets a lot of flak but he has more passion for West Indies cricket than any other recent Windies player. And sometimes that's what you need not just talent. Hope the Windies can go on to pull off a series win.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Pakistan are a solid one day side, they made the semi-finals, and had it not been for giving Tendulkar 5 lives, woulda been in the final. But their Test batting is just woeful. England tour, they batted worse than us. They are worse than we are in terms of Test batting. If they don't improve drastically, we will have a chance against them this winter.
Yup let's just hope Yousuf and Younis say or do something that keeps them out of the series.
Old May 15, 2011, 01:12 PM
Cricket Guru

A big congratz to the Windies! They showed more determination and fight in this test. Also really happy for Sammy. Hope the critics shut up now. The guy is a very good bowler, is passionate, and a good matured leader. Their test bowling looks really threatening now. Sammy, Rampaul, and Roach as their pacers and then Bishoo looks a great spinner. Put Benn, Taylor and Edwards in there and then you have a fine bowling side. Their test batting needs a lot of work though. Gayle desperately needs to be back and Smith needs to go. Bring back Barath in and this is the lineup they should go with.

As for Pakistan, as Al Furquaan said, their a good ODI side but their a below average test side. Again for them bowling seems ok with Gul, Riaz, Ajmal, Hafeez, and Rehman but their batting needs a lot of work. Younis and Yousuf needs to be back ASAP. Their current batsmen are not bad but their not great either. A shot of experience should help them out.
Old May 15, 2011, 01:13 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

*West Indies triumph in low-scoring battle* - Cricinfo

West Indies 226 (Simmons 49, Ajmal 5-69) and 152 (Chanderpaul 36*, Ajmal 6-42) beat Pakistan 160 (Rehman 40*) and 178 (Misbah 52, Sammy 5-29) by 40 runs

^^ super like
Old May 15, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Very good game of cricket

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old May 15, 2011, 05:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Wonderful stuff from Windies and Sammy. Sammy had a lot to prove. I am glad that he delivered today.
Old May 15, 2011, 06:06 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Take that Gayle. I hope he never plays for West Indies again. West Indies administrators need to realize that gayle, pollard, and possibly Bravo are lost causes and move on from these gold diggers.
Old May 15, 2011, 07:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

West Indies played with character, and some of the new players have showed strength and grit to succeed at the international level.

players like rampaul, bishoo, simmons have been showing their merit, and with some senior players, and full fast bowling strength, west indies can become a force in world cricket again.

the current batting line up, plus gayle, and fidel edwards+jerome taylor+rampaul+andre russel+ roach this can become one of the most potent fast bowling attacks in the world. with better planning and up haul of WICB, WI cricket can rise up again.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old May 15, 2011, 10:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

WTG Windies! Wonderful test victory with a depleted side sans Gayle, Bravo, Taylor and Edwards. Sammy of all people wrecked them Pakis ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 15, 2011, 10:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

they won without Gayle...looks like he's a a big time loser and a greedy punk.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 15, 2011, 10:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Ooooooooh yaaaa pwnd. I am sure next time when he hits a 2 ball 40 he will be sniffling thinking about this.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 15, 2011, 11:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
That's what it looks like but looks are often deceiving when it comes to the WICB and its intrigues. They basically told him to FO by not selecting him initially. Unless they're F-ed in the head which they are, no way you leave out your biggest threat with the bat in any format of the game. Naturally Gayle wanted to make some money in the meantime and so far, he has earned every penny and then some.

Had the WICB selected him for the test side and he didn't show up, one would have something to say about his loyalty.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 16, 2011 at 01:59 AM..
Old May 16, 2011, 03:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

When bangladesh won it was because it was "against a second/third string attack". When pakistan lose..................?
Old May 16, 2011, 04:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

^ Pakistan never loses, they just fix matches.

And Gayle is a traitor for not watching this heroics from the gallery.
Old May 16, 2011, 04:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Lol
Gayle Pollard Taylor, the lotthey should have been cheerleading the team