facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 17, 2021, 09:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Bd simply does not have T20 type batters. Not surprised at all on this lose. Knew it was coming after what happened in the warm up games. Associates have much better T20 batters than ours. Their batters are more capable of hitting boundaries than ours. I had been following the associates for a while and they can certainly hit the ball out of the park much easily than our batters.

If Sri Lanka’s Avishka Fernando fails, I won’t be surprised if Sri Lanka loses against Namibia. Sri Lanka will have tough challenges in their group.

I want both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to not qualify for the next round and let the associates show their talents against the big guns.

What Bangladesh need is complete overhaul of T20 team. Arrange domestic tournament in sporting pitches and let not pick any batters with below 130 strike rates and below 30 average for national teams. If batters can’t score with higher strike rates and make runs in domestic T20 tournaments, how can we expect to win with them in international matches?

Old October 17, 2021, 09:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Excellent post, sir. ^^^

Frankly I am upset Cricinfo doesn't publish headlines: "Bangladesh almost won though"

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 17, 2021, 09:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Just read the comments on Somoy TV. Soumya Litton getting trashed on in unison. I like how these people are not afraid to throw their own teammates under the bus as if they are some horrible being for taking up oxygen and use them as 'tool' when they do good. Gee I wonder why.

"Patriots"

Old October 17, 2021, 09:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Soumya and Litton are absolutely worthless. But there are other ways of saying this. And no other players get that hate. One commentator also pointed out Taskin's short comings but he gets off the hook. It's like we have our own Steven Crowder the bigots who don't even try to hide their hate at this point. Thank God for BC civility, but it is just a tightly knit minority of intellectuals.

Old October 17, 2021, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

In T20 we don't have big hitters, in test match it's all about not having wicket taking fast bowlers and a good leg spinner. Apparently this is all because we don't have good sporting wickets and our domestic infrastructure is weak.. What I don't get is after 20 years in test cricket and millions in broadcast revenue for BCB, how come we are still in the same position as early 2000s.

Afghanistan has absolutely no infrastructure/ first class cricketing structure, New zealand has a very small talent pool, Australia does not have low turning pitches like Asia. So technically, all of those countries have many reasons to justify failure as well..
Old October 18, 2021, 12:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The batting coach need to work with these guys on how to execute big shots in front of the wicket. It seems our primary option is always behind the keeper. We need players that can hit boundaries over extra cover, long off, long on. Scoop shots will not win us matches especially when opposition knows what we are trying to do and take pace off the ball. Ryad's innings was painful to watch. Can he only hit over deep midwicket and nowhere else? He came out to bat with an intent to slog from ball one and only managed 2 boundaries. This batting order cannot afford to have 3 seniors coming in one after another and consuming so many deliveries. We need Afif and Shohan ahead of these guys. Afif should be utilized in the PP and should bat at 3. Less said about Liton and Soumya the better.
Old October 18, 2021, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I'm still a big believer in Liton. The guy can play every shot in the book and can take a game away from the opposition. He just needs some consistency.

Last edited by Shehwar; October 18, 2021 at 10:40 AM..
Old October 18, 2021, 05:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Do you think BD have a chance of winning? With 150+ million people, can't even find decent playing 11. What a shame
Old October 18, 2021, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Kalkey stadiumey kakaey ki gali-galaj kortey hobey, apnara doya korey ekta list pathan amakey.
Old October 18, 2021, 09:31 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
I'm still a big believer in Liton. The guys can play every shot in the book and can take a game away from the opposition. He just needs some consistency.
His debut was in 2015. How long do we need to wait for the consistency to kick in? Aftab and Ashraful could also play every shot in the book. Means very little if you can't produce results.
We are playing associates at the moment so it won't get any easier than this.
Old October 18, 2021, 09:33 AM
Cricket Savant

I like how Tricia opened account on 2004 and posting her first post today. Almost Job-ic patience and Odysseus self-restraint. Reminds me of those sleeper spies from Russia like Agent 47 or Salt. (No offense!) Welcome to the forum Trish.

Old October 18, 2021, 03:44 PM
Test Cricketer

After having Scotland at 53-6, why did our players body language drop? I actually turned off the broadcast thinking it would be easy win after that. Why did Riyad introduce Afif which let off the pressure. Do they think they are still playing some practice match?
Old October 18, 2021, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Can't believe that even if we win our next two games, we might not qualify lol. And this was supposed to be the easier qualifying team compared to the one Lanka is playing in
Old October 19, 2021, 04:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Kalkey stadiumey kakaey ki gali-galaj kortey hobey, apnara doya korey ekta list pathan amakey.
Everyone of them including the fans for turning up to watch these idiots lose against the associates 😂
Old October 19, 2021, 07:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Shakib-Mushfiq-Riyad fixed the match for a defeat, because they're so scared to face India-Pak-Afg-NZ in the super league. We will not improve in T20I with this sort of loser mentality, BCB needs to have a plan to phase out the seniors from this format.
If this is true, this would be geinus and show a great deal of control. Margin of defeat only 6 runs and looked like in the whole game we would be losing not just the end. Do they really think we have better chance in the other group. Sure we beat aus and nz recently but these pitches are batting friendly - 180 runs wicket not 110 runs on in mirpur. I don't think BD has the capability to cross more than 145.
Old October 19, 2021, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

anyways, second game against Oman today start in 1.5 hour at 10 am eastern.

Good luck. Hope a massive margin of defeat for Oman. 10 wickets or 150+ runs . Oman NRR is waay waay high. If they end up beating scotland in the last game, we can still be out due to their 10 wicket win over png. SCary set up.
Old October 19, 2021, 07:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Can't believe that even if we win our next two games, we might not qualify lol.
That's just frikkin depressing man.

Old October 19, 2021, 08:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
If this is true, this would be geinus and show a great deal of control. Margin of defeat only 6 runs and looked like in the whole game we would be losing not just the end. Do they really think we have better chance in the other group. Sure we beat aus and nz recently but these pitches are batting friendly - 180 runs wicket not 110 runs on in mirpur. I don't think BD has the capability to cross more than 145.
Have you forgotten how good we have become at minnow bashing? Yet we batted worse than PNG the other day. I still think it was intentional.
Old October 19, 2021, 08:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

PNG gave Scotland a run for their money - I just don't see how we are winning against these big hitters. Brace yourselves for 0-3 defeat against these associates.
Old October 19, 2021, 08:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Shakib-Mushfiq-Riyad fixed the match for a defeat, because they're so scared to face India-Pak-Afg-NZ in the super league. We will not improve in T20I with this sort of loser mentality, BCB needs to have a plan to phase out the seniors from this format.
LOL - diary of a typical Bangladeshi fan
Old October 19, 2021, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
PNG gave Scotland a run for their money - I just don't see how we are winning against these big hitters. Brace yourselves for 0-3 defeat against these associates.
that would be so embarrasing. I don't care not making it for the main event (damage to the our ego has already been done by they making us playing qualification round) but i hope we win the next two even if by small margin - losing another one would be shameful
Old October 19, 2021, 08:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Riyad gone for batting practice against Oman, even risking dew in the second innings!!!
Old October 19, 2021, 08:40 AM
Cricket Guru

As Papon demanded, Soumya out, Naim in.
Old October 19, 2021, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Riyad gone for batting practice against Oman, even risking dew in the second innings!!!
yeah I don't know if thats the right decision. But I guess he thinks we are not a good chaser maybe and let the bowler take pressure. Who knows. anyways NEED BIG MARGIN OF VICTORY. bowling first would have been better i think.
Old October 19, 2021, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
yeah I don't know if thats the right decision. But I guess he thinks we are not a good chaser maybe and let the bowler take pressure.
The way I see it - he's being cocky, thinking we an defeat Oman in any Condition. Thus he's going for batting practice, wanting to post a big total (instead of chasing a meager total Oman may post). Also, this gives him a chance to see how the pacers will fare with dew. This is not the attitude of the captain of a struggling team.