facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 12, 2013, 07:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernster
I'll give it a look! Seriously disappointed that we can't see these games and it seems like Bangladesh are running scared.
Trust me, had this happened to us, we'd be wreaking havoc right now. So I understand you being disappointed.

Old June 13, 2013, 12:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
I'll give it a look! Seriously disappointed that we can't see these games and it seems like Bangladesh are running scared.
You have to be smart enough to realize danger in order to run scared from something. BCB are either not that smart or way too busy doing damage control elsewhere. This tour has the markings of everything positive: competitive team, overseas conditions, we don't have much cricket. And yet the obvious decision is still not made. I think however scared they are, they're even more foolish for not taking the obvious decision.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 13, 2013, 02:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Could you have sounded any more Indian?

Most of those points are either BS or simply not true. BCB hasn't done jack to help associates. PCB and even BCCI has done more to help Afghans out than BCB. And hosting an upcoming side like Ireland once in 2008 is not enough. We should host Ireland once every three or 4 years.

Bottom line is we don't get enough matches, and here is an opportunity to help ourselves and help Ireland and the BCB says no.

Although it hurts, the top 8 has every right to snub the BCB now. We're no better than the BCCI and actually we're worse because we don't have jack $hit to be so arrogant about.

Shame on us and nothing to say about the BCB.

totally agree with u bro , for sake of bangladesh cricket papon should resign , and bring back mostofa kamal or saber chowdhury , 5 month without a cricket it just unbelievable for team bd where we have been holding the test status almost 13 years now
Old June 13, 2013, 02:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
we are disappointed too bro , this bcb president it just not the right one for us
Old June 13, 2013, 04:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
totally agree with u bro , for sake of bangladesh cricket papon should resign , and bring back mostofa kamal or saber chowdhury , 5 month without a cricket it just unbelievable for team bd where we have been holding the test status almost 13 years now
Actually we are not without cricket. Our players will be busy playing in local leagues and star players will be busy playing in foreign leagues. Our cricket is not only about 14-15 men, BCB has to think for other players too who badly need local cricket league to earn some money and survive. If BCB sends top players to Ireland then club owners won't be happy to invest money in local tournament. Moreover, if top players are not available for Ireland tour then its wiser not to send any B/C team.

So, BCB had to take such decision thinking of players point of view not necessarily spectators point of view
Old June 13, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cricket Guru

If we keep being held hostage by the DPL, then we'll continue to see slow progress. Because of the DPL, now we are missing out on international cricket which is really valuable for us since we don't play as much as it is. I understand that for the sake of our domestic cricketers that this was a good decision but my question is why didnt they hold it earlier? BCB needs to man the f up but who am I kidding? DPL basically runs BD cricket.

Without proper planning and scheduling by the BCB we'll continue to miss international tours it seems. This is not good for the players in the end and fans which is unfortunate
Old June 13, 2013, 10:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Yep we can blame BCB for not having a clear plan since we last played in Zim. They should have been more pro-active regarding arranging more International matches and also continue with local leagues. But since they did not do that and suddenly Ireland invited us for a tour, BCB were not in a position now to accept it. If Ireland had informed BCB much earlier then i guess, BCB could have arranged this tour. But Ireland invited us at the last moment when BCB had already taken steps to organize DPL consulting with players and clubs.
Old June 13, 2013, 01:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Call irish in bd...... Its been long, they r not coming to bd..... We went last time... Its times for them now....
Old June 13, 2013, 03:46 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Paul Stirling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Yep we can blame BCB for not having a clear plan since we last played in Zim. They should have been more pro-active regarding arranging more International matches and also continue with local leagues. But since they did not do that and suddenly Ireland invited us for a tour, BCB were not in a position now to accept it. If Ireland had informed BCB much earlier then i guess, BCB could have arranged this tour. But Ireland invited us at the last moment when BCB had already taken steps to organize DPL consulting with players and clubs.
Irelands Chief Executive mentioned this as a potential series as early as February so BCB ignored this request for at least 4 months.
Old June 13, 2013, 04:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Ireland is the best team in the world.
Old June 13, 2013, 06:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Ireland invited us, means they will pay for the tour? If we have to pay (like last time), then BCB should invite Ireland to BD.
Old June 14, 2013, 12:54 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Could you have sounded any more Indian?

Most of those points are either BS or simply not true. BCB hasn't done jack to help associates. PCB and even BCCI has done more to help Afghans out than BCB. And hosting an upcoming side like Ireland once in 2008 is not enough. We should host Ireland once every three or 4 years.

Bottom line is we don't get enough matches, and here is an opportunity to help ourselves and help Ireland and the BCB says no.

Although it hurts, the top 8 has every right to snub the BCB now. We're no better than the BCCI and actually we're worse because we don't have jack $hit to be so arrogant about.

Shame on us and nothing to say about the BCB.
I will stick to my opinion. Like I said, it would be great to play Ireland, but it doesnt need to become a routine for us that everytime we dont have opponents, we want to go play Ireland. If Ireland is ready to finance the entire tour without any help from BCB, than sure go ahead. If not, I would rather have Ireland come to Bangladesh and play because its better for us fans to actually enjoy the games when BCB is paying for it.

This isnt about being arrogant. Just because BCB doesnt agree to every single invitation doesnt mean they are arrogant
Old June 14, 2013, 12:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Agree with Rinat Haque.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 14, 2013, 12:57 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
If we keep being held hostage by the DPL, then we'll continue to see slow progress. Because of the DPL, now we are missing out on international cricket which is really valuable for us since we don't play as much as it is. I understand that for the sake of our domestic cricketers that this was a good decision but my question is why didnt they hold it earlier? BCB needs to man the f up but who am I kidding? DPL basically runs BD cricket.

Without proper planning and scheduling by the BCB we'll continue to miss international tours it seems. This is not good for the players in the end and fans which is unfortunate
You do realize, DPL is the tournament that is also adjusted and changed according to other schedules.... so i dont see how we are being held hostage by DPL.
Old June 14, 2013, 08:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
You do realize, DPL is the tournament that is also adjusted and changed according to other schedules.... so i dont see how we are being held hostage by DPL.
Ya for the BPL I remember they did but remember the last time the England Lions toured? The players who got picked couldn't participate in that tour because the DPL officials wouldn't let them. That to me shows how much power they have on BD cricket.
Old June 14, 2013, 09:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

@ Tiger444 bhai. Do you only worry about International cricket and not Domestic cricket ?
Old June 14, 2013, 10:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
@ Tiger444 bhai. Do you only worry about International cricket and not Domestic cricket ?
Where are getting that from bhai? I care about both. And if your getting that from my posts then I'm sorry that I'm not being clear enough.

Both are very important in our development. I think that's very obvious. In this case, I'm just unhappy at the fact that the DPL is being played so late and because of that we're going to miss this Ireland tour. Wasn't this DPL supposed to be played some time in April? Why are we playing now?

Its clear the DPL owners wanted the national team players but my question is why wait for the national team players? And because of that our domestic players had to wait all this time to play.

Its time that BCB puts out a schedule and stick to it. Rather than constantly changing it. Its unfair for all the players and I feel for these guys especially the domestic players
Old June 14, 2013, 10:39 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I say enough of these costly European tours playing minnows. Dont wanna disrespect the Irish here, but they better play with Afgans & Netherland more leaving BD alone till ACSU fully finishes it's combing operation; especially after we banglawash them not so long ago in our WT20 prep tour, it will taste bitter with meaningless sweetness with another whitewash. Rather fix few more match with Pakistan would be more interesting. Or stick with schedule, lets play DPL and help fix our cricketers highly deserved incomes.
Ireland is nearly as strong as BD. In my mind, matches against Ireland are better than no international matches.
Old June 14, 2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
The less matches we play the better
For what?
Old June 14, 2013, 10:46 AM

BCB, now show us that you are worth something by arranging another series in place of this.
Old June 14, 2013, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

IN the next two months there are two premier leagues- slpl and cpl, so it will be tough for the boards to manage their top players for new unscheduled series.
Old June 14, 2013, 10:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Its clear the DPL owners wanted the national team players but my question is why wait for the national team players? And because of that our domestic players had to wait all this time to play.

Its time that BCB puts out a schedule and stick to it. Rather than constantly changing it. Its unfair for all the players and I feel for these guys especially the domestic players
From March to May the national cricketers were in SL and Zim.

DPL will not go ahead if sponsor don't show any interest. And when 30 top cricketers wont be available no one will pay any money to sponsor this event and teams.

You are right about BCB but when all the directors are involved with CCDM clubs then what do you expect.

And why should we tour Ireland when they dont show any games live. We gave them 3 T-20 last year but they did not show us one game.
Old June 14, 2013, 06:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

Watevr happens, pleease broadcast it!
Old June 14, 2013, 07:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd fan
Watevr happens, pleease broadcast it!
You would be lucky to get a radio commentary if its a Ireland tour.
Old June 14, 2013, 07:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I will stick to my opinion. Like I said, it would be great to play Ireland, but it doesnt need to become a routine for us that everytime we dont have opponents, we want to go play Ireland. If Ireland is ready to finance the entire tour without any help from BCB, than sure go ahead. If not, I would rather have Ireland come to Bangladesh and play because its better for us fans to actually enjoy the games when BCB is paying for it.

This isnt about being arrogant. Just because BCB doesnt agree to every single invitation doesnt mean they are arrogant
OK logistically speaking, you may have a point. A tour of Ireland spanning 3 ODIs and 2 T20Is, is 380 overs of scheduled cricket. With the Irish weather, we'd be lucky to see 200 overs played with at least 1 game totally washed out without a single ball bowled. Thats a fair point. I don't want that and I'm sure the Irish fans don't want that either.

However to say the national team shouldn't play valuable matches simply because we can't watch them (no broadcast) is simply selfish to the umpteenth. We're talking about OUR team's benefit (which will also benefit the Irish). Learning and development is more important. Remember, we have a world cup that is not that far away anymore and its not in home-like conditions.

But yes, I hope that the BCB invites Ireland over instead. We did tour them last time, and I'm sure the Irish would love to tour a full member. Just hope weather allows some decent play.

6 Tests in the year is not bad. 8 is ideal, but 6 ain't bad. But to only play 8 ODIs (1 vs SL was a near wash out) is a travesty when India plays 7 in a single series. BCB has to pick up the effing slack here. Ensure 5 ODIs vs NZ, if not 3 Tests. Bring Ireland over for 3 more. We again have a huge gap between November and February/March. Get ZIM's a$$ over here for at least 5 ODIs. You won't get Australia to tour for 6 Tests, so get the teams that will both want to play us, and will give us competition. Heck even invite Afghanistan for 3 ODIs.

Wake the eff up, BCB!

#OneTeam1Dream