facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 19, 2012, 12:26 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
^^ playmaker, is it you ?
hah!..lol!..polatare chaire den!
Old May 19, 2012, 03:38 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Paul Stirling

So the view is that they've put Ireland on hold to see if a tour of a test nation is possible. Englands Summer is jam packed (Windies Australia, South Africa) and Australia have just toured Windies are heading to England and Ireland for one dayers. I would imagine their players are looking forward to a rest.
I hope Bangladesh comes to Ireland and that its confirmed soon . Given our ranking it should be quite a commercially viable series compared to asking Aussies to play international winter cricket in Darwin.
I'll admit its disappointing how long confirmation is taking to come
Old May 19, 2012, 03:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I think there is a little opertunity for Aus-Ban LOI series, if Pakistan cancel/postpone their Aus series due to lacking of neutral venue to host Pakistan after SL refuse to shelter them.
Old May 19, 2012, 04:08 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I think there is a little opertunity for Aus-Ban LOI series, if Pakistan cancel/postpone their Aus series due to lacking of neutral venue to host Pakistan after SL refuse to shelter them.
So you think this is possible have australia played matches in Darwin in winter before?
Old May 19, 2012, 05:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernster
So you think this is possible have australia played matches in Darwin in winter before?
Well, last time Bangladesh toured Australia 2008, they played 3 ODIs at Darwin at the end of August, this time Pak-Aus series is also scheduled at same time (as per ftp). So I see a little hope.
Mods can assure it better.
Old May 19, 2012, 05:56 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Well, last time Bangladesh toured Australia 2008, they played 3 ODIs at Darwin at the end of August, this time Pak-Aus series is also scheduled at same time (as per ftp). So I see a little hope.
Mods can assure it better.
I obviously hope it doesn't happen and that they tour Ireland..
Would Darwin in winter be a commercially viable tour!
Old May 19, 2012, 06:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Darwin is at Norrthern Territory, topical zone unlike rainy & cold at other places in winter. Plus most of their cricket grounds used for footy (Ausee rules rugby) at this season.
BD in Aus never expected to be commercially viable anyway.
Old May 19, 2012, 11:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Quote:
Just curious, how is the popularity of Cricket in Ireland? If Bangladesh visits you, would we see a full capacity? Is Bangladesh popular out there? :-)
Old May 19, 2012, 04:06 AM
Administrator

Zimbabwe: ZC Agrees to Postpone Bangladesh Test to Next Year

ZIMBABWE Cricket (ZC) has finally agreed to have the postponed Bangladesh tour to Zimbabwe moved to April next year.

The Tigers were scheduled to tour Zimbabwe in August this year for two Tests, three One-Day-Internationals and two Twenty20s, but this had to be re-scheduled after the hosts indicated they have some work to do on their pitches in Harare and Bulawayo.

The two nations had suggested different dates for the tour with Bangladesh proposing April while Zimbabwe wanted the tour to take place later this year.

ZC's Trevor Mtangadura confirmed the latest development yesterday adding that they had not yet settled on the exact dates yet.

"What we have so far agreed on is that it (the tour) will be held in April next year, but we are still to come up with the exact dates," said Mtangadura.

continue

Old May 20, 2012, 05:44 AM
Street Cricketer

I would say 1500 to 2000 per game. I'm using projected sales for Afghanistan clashes and attendances vs Pakistan in ODI last year to support this figure. There were 8000 at the England game but England are an exception.

In the last year Cricket has become a lot more popular in Ireland and is on an upward curve. Marketing of the game has improved significantly and we have a CEO who has really pushed the boat out in bringing cricket to areas it hasn't been before.

As a side note the Afghanistan and australia games are both on tv (setanta and sky) while the t20 qualifers were on setanta with highlights on rte (main terrestrial provider).

The proposed visit of Bangladesh would be the biggest coup of the summer as it would be a genuine series against a team we are trying to measure ourselves against.

As a comment to Shehwar a couple of the National Cup games recently had in excess of 500 at them. We know its behind rugby and football but its improving fast and we need these home games to continue the improvement..
Old May 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
I would say 1500 to 2000 per game. I'm using projected sales for Afghanistan clashes and attendances vs Pakistan in ODI last year to support this figure. There were 8000 at the England game but England are an exception.

In the last year Cricket has become a lot more popular in Ireland and is on an upward curve. Marketing of the game has improved significantly and we have a CEO who has really pushed the boat out in bringing cricket to areas it hasn't been before.

As a side note the Afghanistan and australia games are both on tv (setanta and sky) while the t20 qualifers were on setanta with highlights on rte (main terrestrial provider).

The proposed visit of Bangladesh would be the biggest coup of the summer as it would be a genuine series against a team we are trying to measure ourselves against.

As a comment to Shehwar a couple of the National Cup games recently had in excess of 500 at them. We know its behind rugby and football but its improving fast and we need these home games to continue the improvement..
1500 will be great! Hope you are right.
Old May 21, 2012, 05:55 AM
Test Cricketer

^
You misunderstood there, I guess you didn't check the upper post. 'Bangladesh' word is well known among Irish who know Cricket, its 'cricket' overall not popular there.
Old May 21, 2012, 06:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Is tri nation still on? How come the timer still counts down to T20 WC?
Old May 22, 2012, 11:24 AM
Street Cricketer

I just hope it happens, confident the attendance will be sufficient as long as it does. Thought ye might be interested in this article today from Irish media..

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2...m/gnid-142923/

let me know your thoughts
Old May 22, 2012, 10:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I just hope it happens, confident the attendance will be sufficient as long as it does. Thought ye might be interested in this article today from Irish media..

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2...m/gnid-142923/

let me know your thoughts
I'm glad CI is pushing for things to get finalized. Things need to get finalized quickly, so that both teams can start preparing accordingly.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:27 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

just what is going on?

Cricket Ireland have given Bangladesh until the end of the week to confirm whether they are coming to tour the country in July.

CI have been attempting to finalise a tour that the Bangladesh Cricket Board had themselves requested, after the BCB found themselves without any games scheduled over the summer months.

However, Setanta Sports has learned that the BCB have yet to sign off on the trip to Ireland, seven days after CI expected contracts to be exchanged. The delay has left Cricket Ireland behind schedule in their preparations, and prompted CI chief executive Warren Deutrom to make the ultimatum to the BCB.

"We have told them that we must have this sorted this week," Cricket Ireland high performance director Richard Holdsworth told Setanta Sports.

"Warren has indicated that we want a message by return (of post)."

The Bangladeshi media have suggested that the BCB are keen to make themselves available should either Australia or England want to play Bangladesh in a one-day international (ODI) at the end of their own five-game series in June and July.

However, Holdsworth thin s it is unlikely that the BCB are holding out for a game against Australia or England at the expense of the Irish.

"Australia are coming over for an ODI series with England, and play Ireland before that. England have a packed programme over the summer, right up until they go to Sri Lanka for the t20 in September," Holdsworth said.

"I would be very surprised if Bangladesh were able to negotiate a game with either of them - and we have had no indication that that is the case."

Bangladesh are scheduled to play three ODIs with Ireland, then Mushfiqur Rahim's team will travel to Scotland to play the Scots and the Netherlands in ODIs there.

The original BCB request included a four-day game against the Irish, which CI reluctantly turned down on cost grounds, but Holdsworth thinks that Bangladesh may have delayed finalising the tour to lobby for a four-day game to be slotted in at the last minute.

"It is understandable, as they are coming a long way and want as much cricket as they can get. We would love to play them in a four-day game, but it does become cost prohibitive," he said.

"We don't want to miss this opportunity, but they have to understand our budget. We cannot afford to overspend on these things."
Old May 23, 2012, 12:34 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

whats nthe problem with bcb?..why are they not ensuring the Irish tour..eng and aus wont give us games..are they stupid enough not to understand this?..oh wait they are
Old May 23, 2012, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
whats nthe problem with bcb?..why are they not ensuring the Irish tour..eng and aus wont give us games..are they stupid enough not to understand this?..oh wait they are
I'm not sure it is BCB as an organization but Lotus Kamal himself in his role as King and Master. Whatever he decides happens - usually gabor. Apparently (scroll a page or two back to read the news item) he is afraid of the mental impact on the team for the T20 WC if they happen to end up losing to Ireland. smh

If you are afraid to lose, then close down BCB and stop all cricketing activity. Seriously?
Old May 23, 2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I'm not sure it is BCB as an organization but Lotus Kamal himself in his role as King and Master. Whatever he decides happens - usually gabor. Apparently (scroll a page or two back to read the news item) he is afraid of the mental impact on the team for the T20 WC if they happen to end up losing to Ireland. smh

If you are afraid to lose, then close down BCB and stop all cricketing activity. Seriously?
I am afraid to say we had the same approach pre-WC 2011, when we had a chance to play associates in Dubai or play against Sri Lanka (when their WI series was washed out and couldn't be re-scheduled).

We didn't play the associates in case we lost to them, and didn't play SL in case we lost to them.

Any coach will tell you it is match practice that is important not whether you win or lose. Practice and warm ups are exactly that and the players get a chance to try out in matches what they have been doing in nets.

I wonder whether the lack of cricket is related to saving money. for some reason. Cricket is pretty cash rich right now after the WC and Asia Cup hosting. And national cricket must be the priority. Self-serving clubs and certain internal board interests seem to override what is important.

I just feel sorry for the fans who have to put up with it all.
Old May 23, 2012, 02:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

conservative thinking will not get us anywhere.
Old May 23, 2012, 06:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
The original BCB request included a four-day game against the Irish, which CI reluctantly turned down on cost grounds, but Holdsworth thinks that Bangladesh may have delayed finalising the tour to lobby for a four-day game to be slotted in at the last minute.
If this is true, then, for once, kudos to the BCB. Playing a 4-day game against the Irish in seaming conditions will be a good experience for us.
Old May 23, 2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
If this is true, then, for once, kudos to the BCB. Playing a 4-day game against the Irish in seaming conditions will be a good experience for us.
As part of a build up to a 20 over slogfest at the T20 WC in hot, dry, dusty Sri Lanka?

Surely only T20 cricket from here on if possible and 50 overs if necessary. But 4 day cricket...and in IRELAND? I am not criticising the fact that the guys get to play some cricket but make it tons of T20 cricket and make it relevant at least.

A simple look in the diary and FTP will tell everyone what is coming up. Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance.
Old May 23, 2012, 09:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
As part of a build up to a 20 over slogfest at the T20 WC in hot, dry, dusty Sri Lanka?

Surely only T20 cricket from here on if possible and 50 overs if necessary. But 4 day cricket...and in IRELAND? I am not criticising the fact that the guys get to play some cricket but make it tons of T20 cricket and make it relevant at least.

A simple look in the diary and FTP will tell everyone what is coming up. Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance.
I think everyone is taking this T20 slog-fest too seriously. Come on, even the ICC doesn't call it a "World Cup" -- just World T20. And it is highly likely we'll at most play just 2 games there. You can only prepare so much for 2 T20 games to be played 4/5 months in the future.

Which other test playing nation has stopped all other activities for this mickey mouse tournament?
Old May 23, 2012, 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=Jonas;1525539]I think everyone is taking this T20 slog-fest too seriously. Come on, even the ICC doesn't call it a "World Cup" -- just World T20. And it is highly likely we'll at most play just 2 games there. You can only prepare so much for 2 T20 games to be played 4/5 months in the future.

Which other test playing nation has stopped all other activities for this mickey mouse tournament?[/QUOTE]

None. But they don't have to. Most of the best players in the world are playing in the IPL. Others are playing T20 internationals between now and then. Some are playing in England in the domestic T20 competition.

I am sure players prepare for "1 or 2" test matches ahead by playing as much 4 days cricket as possible. But the tour is not 4/5 months ahead of the T20WC, This goes into August in Scotland, where it is even wetter and slower pitches, and the T20WC starts Sept 19th. So we are talking about preparing in the two coldest, wettest cricketing nations for a dry, dusty world cup about 4 weeks before the event - BRILLIANT.

You say people take the cricket event far too seriously. It's a world cricket event! ("world cup" is a title reserved for 50 overs, thats why) That attitude shows why Bangladesh Cricket will not be successful if the coaches and players thought like you. With regard to it being Mickey Mouse, let's check the viewing figures if Bangladesh has a run in the competition...

Lesson to be learned? Prepare correctly for the skills you will need. Treat every competition you enter with respect. Take your cricket seriously.
Old May 23, 2012, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
I think everyone is taking this T20 slog-fest too seriously. Come on, even the ICC doesn't call it a "World Cup" -- just World T20. And it is highly likely we'll at most play just 2 games there. You can only prepare so much for 2 T20 games to be played 4/5 months in the future.

Which other test playing nation has stopped all other activities for this mickey mouse tournament?
LOOL! ..you're making it sound like we've won the trophy 3-4 times and now considering giving others chances.