facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 29, 2010, 05:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Who told you that? I didn't see any sign in last 2 years.

Very good move in my opinion. We need such high performing players from int cricket to be affiliated with the team, we seriously lack mentoring, we don't have quality ex players to do that. These guys can pass on skills and techniques they have used under different conditions. Now we need some bowling advise, I would prefer W. Akram.
With the money Gangugly and Akram ask, you can get three other low profile coaches to work in the age groups, who at the moment have none, and they can be a real mentor by teaching them skills they need to survive, and most improtantly the skills Ash and Co needed to learn at the age of 14 not at the age of 24...

I want Gods to come down and with a flick of a finger to make me in a Akram-Steve Waugh-Glenn macgrath-warnie-jhonty-viv. happy dreaming...

Old June 29, 2010, 06:22 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Is there any news in the print media to confirm Sourav Ganguly appointment?
Old June 29, 2010, 06:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ I have looked around but could not find any news about shourav ganguly

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 29, 2010, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
Yes but if you are old enough you should not forget that Indian team had certain Dravid, SRT, ganguly, Kumble at the peak of their respective forms. Yes they did seemed to lack in team spirit, but you can no way claim the change in Indian attitude to appointment of SG only, John Wright had his share in it too. If ganguly was so great in building a team out of whatever he would have made KKR the champ. What is KKR lacking? Certainly not skill or ability or even certain Dav Whatmore...

and Our captain didnot find a place in the playing eleven even in that team and you expect Saurav to be the magician who will change the Bangladesh Cricket...!! Please come to the sense.......

Also language is no real barrier.... Players in our team speak decent enough English and Universal language of Cricket contains substantial amount of english words that every player get to know even in bangladesh at very early age...
I am not saying Ganguly was the sole reason for the Indian transformation, but the team was never playing to it's full potential until Ganguly took over. I know we do not have SRT, Dravid, VVS, Kumble etc, but we do have Tamim, Shakib, Mushfique, Riyad etc and if these guys can play together as a team[i.e. play to full potential] we will be a much better team[obviously weaker than the Indian team consisting SRT,Dravids]. I do not expect us to become world beaters only because the coach is changed, I expect the team to perform to its full potential and I think it's very much possible under a motivational coach/captain.
And about language, I have seen people doing PHDs in a full English curriculum and yet they find communicating in Bengali easier. it's not about the comprehension of simple phrases, its about expressing yourself and understanding the meaning of every single word the coach uses. No matter how potent you are in English, communicating in Bengali would obviously be the first choice of most of our players.
Old June 29, 2010, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

so they want to fire JS just before WC. I am not a JS fan but this is insane. but if this is not the reason what JS do now?
Old June 29, 2010, 08:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Do we need a batting consultant at all?And Sourav appointed as batting consultant?I smell something fishy there.Is BCB thinking to change coach before world cup?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Getting bowled out in a session, twice consecutively, I think we do. I think it's only a temporary situation to help our batsman in English conditions, Ganguly is in England anyway, so they probably asked him to come and give some advice to our guys while he's here. I don't see this going further than this tour.

Last edited by Holden; June 29, 2010 at 03:48 PM..
Old June 29, 2010, 08:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I would love if DADA teaches our captain how to captain the team instead of the batting stuff only...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 29, 2010, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
JS was definitely doing good with the batsman. We were lacking on bowling coach.
I don't how JS would take this decision. I hope there would be no personality conflict.
i am fearing that too.i think that JS is too proud to have another person as a batting advisor.i was like WTF when i saw about ganguly on ntv and it totally freaked me out!bcb should hire a good bowling coach or even an advisor atm.

to all those people who are thinking that dada is on the mae to be our next coach-i don't think that dada will give up ipl to be our coach,not even if we give him "puro mishti"
Old June 29, 2010, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Yes but if you are old enough you should not forget that Indian team had certain Dravid, SRT, ganguly, Kumble at the peak of their respective forms.
Even Azharuddin had the service of these players. Plus consider the circumstances on which he took the captiancy of Indian cricket - post the whole match fixing incidents which was the darkest era of Indian cricket. From there leading them to victory, is not as easy as you think mate. Series vs SA, Aus, England, Pak etc. while Indians were considered bunnies away from home.
Quote:
Yes they did seemed to lack in team spirit, but you can no way claim the change in Indian attitude to appointment of SG only, John Wright had his share in it too. Whatmore...
No one is ignore Wright did to Indian cricket. But you can't belittle Dada's role in India's success. Dada stood for the youngsters, and that's the reason why we have players like Harbhajan now. Even now India's key players - Viru, Yuvi, Bhajji, Zak, Nehra, Dhoni, were Dada's boys. Now don't give me the selectors crap, since then I can't remember any youngsters getting a regular spot in the team except crapsters like Jadeja. Rest are all treated like use and throw players.

Quote:
If ganguly was so great in building a team out of whatever he would have made KKR the champ. What is KKR lacking? Certainly not skill or ability or even certain Dav
Because IPL is Tontee tontee where only SLOGGING MATTERS.. Don't judge his captiancy skills by KKR's performance.. The better sloggers win there.. And KKR is managed by a private body where a captian don't have much of a say except listen to them..
Quote:

and Our captain didnot find a place in the playing eleven even in that team and you expect Saurav to be the magician who will change the Bangladesh Cricket...!! Please come to the sense.......
.. You think anyone in this whole freaking world would've had the guts to play Mashrafe after that horrendous match where he lost us the match after we were in a winning position? Plus there is a limit (4) for the number of international players.. Isn't it clear that Mashrafe is picked in KKR team for pleasing BD fans..? And the KKR franchisee gives a damn about winning or losing.. They're still making an awful lot of cash.. That's what IPL is.. It's high time you understand that...
Old June 29, 2010, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
so they want to fire JS just before WC. I am not a JS fan but this is insane. but if this is not the reason what JS do now?
Nobody's getting fired. I'd be surprised if Ganguly is with the team for more than two weeks. "Advisors" are hardly ever permanent fixtures...
Old June 29, 2010, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I am not saying Ganguly was the sole reason for the Indian transformation, but the team was never playing to it's full potential until Ganguly took over. I know we do not have SRT, Dravid, VVS, Kumble etc, but we do have Tamim, Shakib, Mushfique, Riyad etc and if these guys can play together as a team[i.e. play to full potential] we will be a much better team[obviously weaker than the Indian team consisting SRT,Dravids]. I do not expect us to become world beaters only because the coach is changed, I expect the team to perform to its full potential and I think it's very much possible under a motivational coach/captain.
And about language, I have seen people doing PHDs in a full English curriculum and yet they find communicating in Bengali easier. it's not about the comprehension of simple phrases, its about expressing yourself and understanding the meaning of every single word the coach uses. No matter how potent you are in English, communicating in Bengali would obviously be the first choice of most of our players.
firstly i would like to point out that he is NOT going to be a coach of any sort!
i agree with u that it is not neccessary to be able to speak fluently in english in order to communicate with the coach.most of our players can speak english(bhanga bhanga holeo) and even if some don't,then what is chacha in the team for?
Old June 29, 2010, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
firstly i would like to point out that he is NOT going to be a coach of any sort!
i agree with u that it is not neccessary to be able to speak fluently in english in order to communicate with the coach.most of our players can speak english(bhanga bhanga holeo) and even if some don't,then what is chacha in the team for?
Apologies, I meant the batting advisor. I was trying to show how a coach or the captain can turn a bunch of players into a team. i.e. Arjuna Ranatunga, Mark Taylor.
Old June 29, 2010, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

A team's performance is never a sum-total of individual players capabilities - rather a sum-total of their performances.

That is why it is possible for a team full of stars to be humiliated day in and day out while another team full of average players is winning left and right.

At different times, Zimbabwe, Sri lanka, New Zealand, Australia have led the example in the latter case and India, Pakistan, and to some extent, West Indies and England have shown glimpses of the former case. BD does not qualify for the either bucket.

The first step will be for a coach to pick up the disorganised, disoriented, and directionless BD players and make a team out of them. There is none at the moment.
Old June 29, 2010, 12:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

This is more of a band-aid solution and not going to resolve much of the real issues with our team. Captaincy has not been the problem, and handing it to a unfit, out of form, past his peak player doesn't give the team much of a moral boost. Plus, I never thought Mash was captaincy material even when he was at his best.

about the hiring of Ganguly, it's more to keep the media occupied than to help the batsmen. What advice is he going to give in one series that Siddons could not get through their heads in all these years. Besides, Our top order is doing comparatively better than the rest of the team, and if I remember correctly, Dada was an opener.
Old June 29, 2010, 01:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i am fearing that too.i think that JS is too proud to have another person as a batting advisor.i was like WTF when i saw about ganguly on ntv and it totally freaked me out!bcb should hire a good bowling coach or even an advisor atm.

to all those people who are thinking that dada is on the mae to be our next coach-i don't think that dada will give up ipl to be our coach,not even if we give him "puro mishti"
etokichu hoya gelo,shobai Ntv news dekhlo,ami chara!
I am still searching but not getting the news on this matter.
News charlei shudhu football ar football!
Money hoy jeno BD football world cup kheltesey,na kheilai eto unmadona khelley najani ki hoito?
BTW any1 has or can give me a link of that news pls.
Old June 29, 2010, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Daniel Vettori

Ganguly as an advisor..i wouldn't mind....but it wouldn't be a good idea to appoint him as a head coach. I know it would improve the language barrier but that might be a problem as well. Ganguly's pride might get in the way as well.
Old June 29, 2010, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Tamim Iqbal will get an ICC awards this year

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 29, 2010, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ Random...

knocks on wood
Old June 29, 2010, 03:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfreak
about the hiring of Ganguly, it's more to keep the media occupied than to help the batsmen.
I doubt that's the case. Our BCB isn't smart enough to do all that tricky stuff. Ganguly is already in UK. BCB had no problem talking to him, as he speaks Bangla, so they booked him. It's simple as that.
Old June 29, 2010, 10:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
etodin BC member der DADA DADA korten.

ekhon Official DADA amader dol e jog dise....

khela to jombei ... ...
Hahahahaha....thik bolechen Shagor da!...hheheheh...dekhun, amar mookher keramoti koto...heheheheh...etodin dada dada bole apnader dekechi aar eibar team-ero ekta the dada jutey gelo.....ekhon theke apnader shobaike BC-te Baba Baba bole dakbo, hoito tarpor dekha jaabe team-er ekta Daddy-o jutey geche, ki bolun dada?
Asha ache ebar khela jombe besh jomat.
Ami just ekhane ghapti mere boshe achi....

Last edited by bujhee kom; June 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM..
Old June 30, 2010, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

overall very good decision, at last BCB has shown us little bit maturity here by picking Sourav as batting adviser temporarily although Sourav himself came forward for this duty for free of charge, according to "Shomokal newspaper".

Sourav is a one of the finest batsman plus native Bangla speaker which will give lots of advantages to our boys to have proper communication with him plus pick up his advises feasibly. So, hoping best luck for the boys and DADA !!
Old June 30, 2010, 03:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I am kind of happy that Saurav is appointed as the batting advisor. Unlike many of us, I think, Siddons, as a coach, has damaged our batting the most. Instead of fine-tuning the attitude problems of our batsmen, he tried to make them cut their shots. It certainly did not work. The most successful ones like Tamim and Shakib have played agreesive cricket and Siddons had to accept their style of playing, because they were getting runs. On the other hand, capable batsmen with attitude problems, like Ashraful and Aftab, did not benefit from him at all. Saurav should inject the correct attitude to the team.

The change in the captaincy is a 50-50 decision. Shakib was not bad as a captain. But I will be happy if he regains his golden touch, getting rid of the captancy duty.
Well said! I agree...
Old June 30, 2010, 03:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
With the money Gangugly and Akram ask, you can get three other low profile coaches to work in the age groups, who at the moment have none, and they can be a real mentor by teaching them skills they need to survive, and most improtantly the skills Ash and Co needed to learn at the age of 14 not at the age of 24...

I want Gods to come down and with a flick of a finger to make me in a Akram-Steve Waugh-Glenn macgrath-warnie-jhonty-viv. happy dreaming...
You are assuming something to make JS employment look economic
Old June 30, 2010, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfreak
This is more of a band-aid solution and not going to resolve much of the real issues with our team. Captaincy has not been the problem, and handing it to a unfit, out of form, past his peak player doesn't give the team much of a moral boost. Plus, I never thought Mash was captaincy material even when he was at his best.

about the hiring of Ganguly, it's more to keep the media occupied than to help the batsmen. What advice is he going to give in one series that Siddons could not get through their heads in all these years. Besides, Our top order is doing comparatively better than the rest of the team, and if I remember correctly, Dada was an opener.
keep the media occupied?bhai,the bd media doesn't give a $H!T about cricket anymore what with the FIFA WC going on.there is hardly a piece about our cricket in the newspapers theseadays so bcb doesn't need to pull off a stunt to distract the media
Old June 30, 2010, 04:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
overall very good decision, at last BCB has shown us little bit maturity here by picking Sourav as batting adviser temporarily although Sourav himself came forward for this duty for free of charge, according to "Shomokal newspaper".

Sourav is a one of the finest batsman plus native Bangla speaker which will give lots of advantages to our boys to have proper communication with him plus pick up his advises feasibly. So, hoping best luck for the boys and DADA !!
so that's why bcb appointed him,now i get it.otherwise they are so miser...