facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 18, 2018, 10:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Sajedul earns 6 wicket haul
Taskin and Soummya gets Fifer
Tasamul scores century
Yet another half-century for Tushar
A rare 60+ by Tanbir Hyder
Shadman scored another 50
Good riddance by Rajin and Co. - Go Sylhet
Ash remains useless
Ash should continue playing Domestics and BPL and then if he does well, then the A team, and if he does well there then the national team. He should not get preferential treatment.

Old October 18, 2018, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Based on NCL so far, this will be my team for the three-day practice match against Zimbabweans-

Mizan
Shadman
Shanto
Tushar
Naeem
Soumya
Nurul
Afif
Nayeem
AA
Taskin
Ebadat
Old October 18, 2018, 01:55 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

If Soumya had scored even one third of the 100s Tushar scores.. he would have been test captain.. but Tushar..... Still dreaming a call up to the preliminary squad...
Old October 18, 2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
If Soumya had scored even one third of the 100s Tushar scores.. he would have been test captain.. but Tushar..... Still dreaming a call up to the preliminary squad...
Tushar has given a lot of chances previously - he has failed to capitalized the opportunity he was given...he is another Reza who plays well in the domestic leagues but not well in international cricket ...
Old October 18, 2018, 03:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Tushar has given a lot of chances previously - he has failed to capitalized the opportunity he was given...he is another Reza who plays well in the domestic leagues but not well in international cricket ...
That was a long time ago. He has been quite good in the last few seasons. I would honestly drop Mominul and play him.
Old October 18, 2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I dont what you mean by lot of chances but he played a grand total of 5 test matches with the last one being as early as 2007. Ofcourse he couldnt perform and hence rightfully dropped. But its been 11 years and he hasnt given up. He is clearly the best performing batsman in the country by a long shot. Same with Reza. He hasnt even played in the longest time so we cant just assume that he wont perform in internationals. Last time I checked Reza was a very decent performer in BPL against some of the top T20 players in the world
Old October 18, 2018, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah Tushar Imran definitely deserves another go against Zimbabwe. If his problem is simply his mental ability on the big stage, there's no better opponent to face at home at the moment.
Old October 19, 2018, 04:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Tushar is fine but Reza is a no-no. Rem the Hongkong debacle?
Old October 19, 2018, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Tushar Imran will be 35 soon , that ship has sailed. It will be better to give the two/three years he might have in national team to some youngster who will replace the Shakibs tamims and Mushfiqs in future
Old October 19, 2018, 07:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Tushar Imran will be 35 soon , that ship has sailed. It will be better to give the two/three years he might have in national team to some youngster who will replace the Shakibs tamims and Mushfiqs in future
If he is physically fit, I don't see how he can't give a few more years...even 2-3 years of solid run making is good enough for me(assuming he succeeds in international cricket). It wouldn't hurt to give him a run against Zimbabwe and West indies series at home. If he fails here, then yeah...no need to proceed. We are only talking tests here, mind you...
Old October 19, 2018, 08:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
If he is physically fit, I don't see how he can't give a few more years...even 2-3 years of solid run making is good enough for me(assuming he succeeds in international cricket). It wouldn't hurt to give him a run against Zimbabwe and West indies series at home. If he fails here, then yeah...no need to proceed. We are only talking tests here, mind you...
....Plus there is a dearth of good test players in Bangladesh. At 35, if Tushar Imran can perform then Bangladesh will take that. Any one remember Adam Voges?
Old October 19, 2018, 08:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
....Plus there is a dearth of good test players in Bangladesh. At 35, if Tushar Imran can perform then Bangladesh will take that. Any one remember Adam Voges?
Samaraweera
Tino Best

List is not that short
Old October 19, 2018, 08:42 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

This mentality that players should be overlooked due to their age needs to change. Seen many fans mention it. BCB used to be like that too but recently I think they are more open to giving older players a chance.
Old October 19, 2018, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Giving older players a chance is not a problem , they can give chances to 30 year olds but 35 years of age is a bridge too far , and not every country is the same. Australia can afford to give debuts to 35 year olds because they have an endless supply of good players to replace the 35 year olds when they retire, we on the other hand need to give time to young players at international level as most of them are not ready. Shakib, Tamim and Mushfiqs are the players they are now because of years of experience in international cricket. The young players need time .
Old October 19, 2018, 10:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Unlike Aus or SA, the gap between our domestic and international cricket is still huge. It generally takes 2-3 years for a player to overcome that gap (Liton for example) even if he has a solid foundation. So, yes, in our context, it's too late for Tushar.

Other issue is that fitness of our domestic players. As Bashar pointed out, it was a huge issue back then picking players from the domestic scene, though it's getting better now. Fazle Rabbi has been picked because he got pretty good fitness. Tushar on the other hand had poor fitness (especially when it came to fielding) even in his prime. It's highly unlikely that he will meet the beep test standard for the national team.
Old October 19, 2018, 10:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Anyone else think that we have too few teams in the NCL? So many players don't get F.C opportunities and it stops their development.
Old October 20, 2018, 11:18 PM

I hear all of you guys complain about the lack of quality in NCL. and Nannu said the same thing. So whats the point of having this whole tournament? We barely get any A tours, there is no other platform for these players to show their worth. So if you guys are not willing to consider the only platform thats available, then what are you using to make your judgement calls? Talent? Well good luck to Bangladesh team then because after almost 18 years of test cricket, this selection method has left Bangladesh in the rock bottom of the test ranking.
Old October 22, 2018, 04:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Nayeem hasan so far this round has a 6fer.
Old October 22, 2018, 04:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Nayeem has significantly improved in the last few matches. Shows that experience is vital in the longest format of the game.
Old October 22, 2018, 05:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Seems like Ashraful gets to bowl quite a lot these days. Cricinfo has added legbreak to his bowling style, I don't remember him bowling legspin before.
Old October 22, 2018, 05:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Nayeem takes an 8fer!
Old October 22, 2018, 06:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Seems like Ashraful gets to bowl quite a lot these days. Cricinfo has added legbreak to his bowling style, I don't remember him bowling legspin before.
Ash has always bowled leg spin, but he’s definitely bowling more now than he used to.
Old October 22, 2018, 06:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Good to see Nayeem Hasan doing well. He took majority of the workload bowling 35 overs.
Old October 22, 2018, 06:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Ash has always bowled leg spin, but he’s definitely bowling more now than he used to.
Been too long since I saw him play. If he can improve his bowling and put in a good performance at BPL, he can get into the team as an all-rounder rather than a batsman.
Old October 22, 2018, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Ash used to bowl legspin in the early part of his career, but he switched to offspin long time ago. CI just didn't update that part of his profile.