facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 11, 2011, 01:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Bhais nd apas.. Dont be worry.. Ok??
I'll give here match update after every over though i'll get ball by ball update..
creat a new thread bro.hijibiji lagbo aikhane.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Old February 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Bhais nd apas.. Dont be worry.. Ok??
I'll give here match update after every over though i'll get ball by ball update..
As Zeeshan said, you can post the scores on your twitter.
Old February 11, 2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
No other songs or beat causing adrinaline rush more than Nazrul's "Chol Chol Chol" to me at this moment out of all songs made for 2011 Bd team. Thats inspired me to spend few hours on windows movie makers to know video editing and making. Somehow i was able to made some sort of a video with Dew Drops band's "Chol Chol Chol"singing. Hope you guys wont dislike it much.

Awesome work Anher
Old February 11, 2011, 01:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Don't know anything about this Canadian side... any special players in their team? fast bowlers?
Posted this earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Expecting Canada to put up a decent performance. Havinf left Toronto in mid January, the Canadians are coming directly off a 2-week conditioning+training camp at Dubai's Global Cricket Academy (arguably the world's best cricket academy) and an easy win over the Netherlands in a practice match.

This team is much different and younger than the one we faced in 2003, or even the one we played against in the tri-series before the 2007 WC. The current squad is more stable, and team selection is much more practical, with the future in mind.

Captain Ashish Bagai is the run-machine as ever, but watch out for the 19-yr old one-down batsman Ruvindu Gunasekera, who got himself an opportunity to play in Sri Lanka's domestic season last year - a better choice than playing in the Canadian domestic leagues. His style is extremely similar to our Junaid's, and that's nothing but coincidence... I doubt either of them know each other!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
A few more tid-bits on some of the Canadians (mostly from personal experience while playing against these guys/video clips/keen interest in the team):

Ashish Bagai: The evergreen run-machine for Canada. DS reporter and our forum member Isam highlighted his credentials nicely in his piece here >>

John Davison: Well-known by now for his hard-hitting... only player in the current squad to play domestic cricket overseas (in Australia). Nothing much to add to what we already know about him.

Hiral Patel: Teenage sensation in the local Canadian league, extremely flashy opening batsman, hits the ball hard, has shows signs of maturity in staying longer at the crease. Descent part-time spinner, great fielder

Nitish Kumar: 16-yr old prodigy! Plays in the V, technically solid. Known as "Sachin" of cricket in Canada. He almost won his club team a game against mine in a 3rd division league 3 years ago - he was only 13! Smacked 6' tall bowlers all around the ground...

Ruvindu Gunasekera: The "Sangakkara" of cricket in Canada. See above.

Rizwan Cheema: Took on Shoaib Akhter and Chaminda Vaas and took 'em to the cleaners! Hardest hitter of the ball in the country, but very poor technically. A good bowler should be able to get the better of him in no time. More hype than substance.

Umar Bhatti: Canada's only seamer of genuine international-caliber (Henry Osinde used to be the bowling spearhead, but he is old and at the end of his career). Bhatti will remind you of our Rasel, but a tad faster than Rasel. Can swing the ball both ways.

Parth Desai: Canada's answer to SLA! The team's leading spinner, shift bowler, and a true no. 11 batsman! He's often taunted as the tiny chubby boy who should be far more physically fit than what he maintains. However, he's just not skilled enough to trouble the international batsmen, yet. Was Nitish's teammate in that game against my club team that I mentioned earlier.

Tyson Gordon: The team's X-factor! Can hit the ball miles, and has played most of his cricket in the Caribbean. Only came to Canada last year and is the newcomer in the team.

Khurram Chohan, Jimmy Hansra: Utility players, can be decent on their days... Not much to make an impact at the international level.

Here's another article on Canada's preparations for the WC.
Old February 11, 2011, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
If salu has a twitter account he could just text the score. =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
He may not have a data plan ...
I think Salu bhai can try smaller one day package of GP or Robi of 10-20MB. more than enough for whole match score!
Old February 11, 2011, 01:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Ok we need one of our Chittagong BC members to be in the stadium giving over by over updates on his/her mobile! If we can find volunteers I'm sure BC can hook up something for a live feed or twitter updates
man, i m going to the stadium, and will try my best to keep u updated, over by over, if n0t ball by ball.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 11, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Guys according to DS, SN and Naeem are likely to be out for the 1st match, and it seems that Roqibul will get the nod ahead of Ash but its not final yet. Since each team can use 12 players so Nazmul will likely play, Mushy also might be coming in at #4 which is a good news.
Old February 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

I saw on my Facebook wall that Ash naeem and Nafees won't play... Is it me, or is it 12 players left?
Old February 11, 2011, 02:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I saw on my Facebook wall that Ash naeem and Nafees won't play... Is it me, or is it 12 players left?
15 - 3 = 12.

Well Done
Old February 11, 2011, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
In practice matches your allowed to play 12 players.
Old February 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Tigers aim for a tune-up

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=173846

Bangladesh will hope everything falls right into place when they take on Canada in their first warm-up match in the lead-up to the ICC Cricket World Cup at the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium today.

There has been a lot of talk about Bangladesh's ignominious defeat against the same opponents in the 2003 World Cup in South Africa but it seemed that the new-look Tigers are hardly bothered with what transpired eight years ago, choosing instead to look forward and focus on their own game plan.

“Past is past. We never thought and discussed about what happened in 2003. It's a totally new team, which has a new approach towards the game. We just need to play our normal game, nothing else, to get the expected result,” said a confident Bangladesh vice-captain Tamim Iqbal.

Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons said, prior to the day-night match yesterday, that their first focus would be definitely to win the game but besides they were also looking forward to seeing the team put through their paces before the kick-off of the tournament proper.

Siddons also assured that his team were not overconfident but were instead trying to be relaxed so that they could play their best cricket and make sure they do not crumble under pressure in front of the home crowd.

The Australian wanted to see his batsmen stick to the team rules and capitalise on the Powerplay properly while stressing the importance of the new ball bowlers to do well so that the team need not rely only on the two slow bowlers in captain Shakib Al Hasan and the seasoned Abdur Razzak.

The main interest was surrounding the team selection with everyone curious to know the fate of both Mohammad Ashraful and Shahriar Nafees. Both the stalwarts have apparently been snubbed from the team for the first match, especially considering the amount of time they were allotted to spend in the nets.

Siddons however stated that the only big question mark was who among Ashraful and Rokibul Hasan would get the nod. Ashraful is the only member of the squad to have played in the 2003 World Cup but late developments suggest that he will not be in the team for today. Sources also suggested that wicketkeeper batsman Mushfiqur Rahim may be tried once more at number four. Left-handed batsman Shahriar Nafees and all-rounder Naeem Islam are likely to be left out of the team.

“Both teams are going to play more than eleven players, so it's not a legitimate match. We will probably play 12 players where Nazmul (Hossain) will probably play as an extra bowler. There is a big question mark about whether Ash (Mohammad Ashraful) or Rokibul Hasan will play as we are still talking about that,” informed Siddons.

“We are not thinking about Canada rather we are concerned about how we play the first practice match,” he said, adding that they have got a fair bit of knowledge about their opponents through fielding coach Julian Fountain and bowling coach Ian Pont who have both previously worked with the Canada team.

“We want to see that our process is right. Powerplay is important as well as the opening bowling spell as we need to do really well with the new ball rather then relying on Razzak and Shakib coming in. We have practised a lot with the last Powerplay and now we need to implement it in the matches. We need to put a decent score with all the batsmen sticking to the plan as well sticking to the team rules,” Siddons said.

Bangladesh might not be interested to recall the 2003 memory but their opponents wanted to take inspiration from that victory.

“Our morale is high and definitely we want to take inspiration from our victory in 2003 against Bangladesh. It's a young side as five players came from the Under-19 team but they have the quality to prove themselves on the big occasion. We want to start with a win and gain momentum and we are capable enough to do that,” said Canada's Sri Lankan coach Pubudu Bathiya Dassanayake, who has been working with the team for two years.

The former Sri Lankan player was excited with the fact that they have got the opportunity to play the practice match against Bangladesh at their own den as they believe it will help them to play good cricket in the tournament proper in India and Sri Lanka.

“Bangladesh have some good spinners in the side, so it will help us when we play the group matches in India and Sri Lanka,” he added.

Another peice of news... Bought to you by, Banglaguy
Old February 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricmas
man, i m going to the stadium, and will try my best to keep u updated, over by over, if n0t ball by ball.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
over by over is fine if not ball by ball...please get in touch with Zunaid bhai who i believe is already in Dhaka.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Really excited about tomorrow's match...
Old February 11, 2011, 02:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
15 - 3 = 12.

Well Done
Your so funny...
And thanks Tiger444
Old February 11, 2011, 02:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

If it's between Ashraful and Rokibul, , it's debatable as Rokibul has a better average but Ashraful on the other hand may fail 15-20 times and give you one match winning innings. Personally, I don't want any of these two batsmen in the side, prefer S.Nafees over both. But for now have to go with Ashraful, who knows his "one innings away" may be around the corner.
Old February 11, 2011, 02:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
over by over is fine if not ball by ball...please get in touch with Zunaid bhai who i believe is already in Dhaka.
As per ESPNCricInfo, this game will have live update.....
Old February 11, 2011, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketPagolChele
As per ESPNCricInfo, this game will have live update.....
It will be showing live ball by ball on cricinfo!
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry=25;future=1
Old February 11, 2011, 03:09 PM
Club Cricketer

Bangladesh

Canada

Match scheduled to begin at 14:30 local time (08:30 GMT)

Current time: 02:06 local, 20:06 GMT | Match begins in: 12:24
Bangladesh squad
Abdur Razzak, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim†, Naeem Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Raqibul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan*, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Tamim Iqbal
Canada squad
A Bagai*†, HS Baidwan, WD Balaji Rao, JM Davison, PA Desai, TG Gordon, R Gunasekera, Hamza Tariq, AS Hansra, Khurram Chohan, NR Kumar, H Osinde, H Patel, Rizwan Cheema, ZE Surkari, K Whatham

Source:http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cric...ch/473325.html

There is hope
Old February 11, 2011, 03:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dadas, khela jomey uthtey aaro koto baki? Allah Malik!

BD harley kintoo khobor asey!
Old February 11, 2011, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Below website is saying they will show live telecast of Bangladesh vs Canada match from starcricket for free. Finger crossed folks. If we are lucky we might even see the match live.

http://worldcupstar.livecricketstrea...ive-streaming/
Old February 11, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
Below website is saying they will show live telecast of Bangladesh vs Canada match from starcricket for free. Finger crossed folks. If we are lucky we might even see the match live.

http://worldcupstar.livecricketstrea...ive-streaming/
Inshallah it works
Old February 11, 2011, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
^^^10 e 10 Knockout bhai. Superub

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
absolutely awesome!!!!gives me goosebumps
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Awesome work Anher

Glad you liked it.
Old February 11, 2011, 04:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Good to know CI will be giving us live-updates. I was kind of expecting it as warm ups are part of WC.
Old February 11, 2011, 04:45 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

As per Kaler kantha the playing XII will be like this. No SN, Nayem and Rokib. They are planning to use Mushfiq for #4 and Ash @ 6 for BPP. Finally a good decision by Siddons

ইমরুল কায়েস, তামিম ইকবাল, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দীক, মুশফিকুর রহিম, সাকিব আল হাসান, মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, মাহমুদ উল্লাহ, আবদুর রাজ্জাক, সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ, রুবেল হোসেন, নাজমুল হোসেন, শফিউল ইসলাম

Old February 11, 2011, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
As per Kaler kantha the playing XII will be like this. No SN, Nayem and Rokib. They are planning to use Mushfiq for #4 and Ash @ 6 for BPP. Finally a good decision by Siddons

ইমরুল কায়েস, তামিম ইকবাল, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দীক, মুশফিকুর রহিম, সাকিব আল হাসান, মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, মাহমুদ উল্লাহ, আবদুর রাজ্জাক, সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ, রুবেল হোসেন, নাজমুল হোসেন, শফিউল ইসলাম

Alhamdulilah, it looks like siddons has actually thought of this... But I feel sorry for Shahriar Nafees, he doesn't get enough oppurtunities...