facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2010 (Archive)

Old May 20, 2010, 03:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
I'm a bit dissapointed not to see Pato and Ronaldinho in the team.
i just so some Pato video. He is good but I don't think he is as good as Ronaldinho. I hope they win the cup again. Dunga is a good strategist.

Old May 20, 2010, 10:52 PM

Brazil all the way.......
Old May 21, 2010, 06:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Wow. Looking at this squad and the squads of 2002 and 1998 makes me want to cry as a former Brazil supporter.

The fact that the fate of Brazil lies on the shoulders of Robinho says it all. He is the modern footballer personified. Over-rated, over-paid, lazy and uninterested in the game. Turns up occasionally, when he does he is devastating but when he doesn't it is like playing with 10 men. The defence should give some solace to the supporters. One other thing going their way is the fact that they always rise to the occasion even if they are mediocre going into the tournament.

Star players: Robinho, Kaka
Players to watch: Maicon, Nilmar, Lucio

My prediction: QF
/SF (if very very lucky ie avoid Spain)

Last edited by Equinox; May 21, 2010 at 07:48 AM..
Old May 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
Cricket Savant

former Brazil supporter?

Brazilian fans never change color.

Spain you say???? lol, let them get out of 1st round first. Add portugal in that list as well. If any team is over-rated then those two would be at top in all time list.
Old May 21, 2010, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

agreed. But you cant argue, Spain has few of the best players in the world. They just need to come up with a way to put them together and create a winning team, which hasnt happened yet. Same thing with England.
Old May 21, 2010, 04:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
agreed. But you cant argue, Spain has few of the best players in the world. They just need to come up with a way to put them together and create a winning team, which hasnt happened yet. Same thing with England.
Holland one time put a team that no team in that WC could even stand up to them in paper. Brazil 82' team was best ever even to date considering talent skills and individual performers. Yet they didn't win the Cup!!

Just because (bhuwa) over-rated players are stacked up in Spain and Portugal roster that doesn't mean anything. As I said in the Spain thread.... What is their best finish in WC? Black Panther has long retired.
Old May 21, 2010, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Holland one time put a team that no team in that WC could even stand up to them in paper. Brazil 82' team was best ever even to date considering talent skills and individual performers. Yet they didn't win the Cup!!

Just because (bhuwa) over-rated players are stacked up in Spain and Portugal roster that doesn't mean anything. As I said in the Spain thread.... What is their best finish in WC? Black Panther has long retired.
You cant say all of them are over-rated. Some are, but thats in every nation anyways. I know Spain doesnt have a chance of winning bu I think they will be a team to watch this WC. Atleast Semi's I think.
Old May 22, 2010, 07:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
former Brazil supporter?

Brazilian fans never change color.

Spain you say???? lol, let them get out of 1st round first. Add portugal in that list as well. If any team is over-rated then those two would be at top in all time list.
What connection do I have with Brazil that I have to pledge them my lifetime support? As a child growing up in Bangladesh I never really questioned it. I just followed my uncles and friends and supported Brazil blindly. But as I grew older I realised that it's a silly practice I need to have some sort of connection with the team that I support. That being said I will always have a soft spot for Brazil due to my childhood and my fondness of their style of play and former players.

I will just stop short of guaranteeing that Brazil won't win this time. Brazil is very lucky because if both Brazil and Spain top their groups then they shouldn't meet until the final. And in the final anything can happen so there is some hope for you guys .

Brazil v Argentina would be interesting this time though. Two completely different teams.

Last edited by Equinox; May 22, 2010 at 07:30 AM..
Old May 23, 2010, 01:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Cup in Europe, European team wins. (Except once i think, Brazil won)
Cup in South America, South American team wins.

Cup outside: Brazil wins.
Note USA, South Korea/Japan.

Brazil always wins the cup outside, especially if its the first time.
First time in Africa: Brazil will win again.
They have been the trend setter, always.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 23, 2010, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Cup in Europe, European team wins. (Except once i think, Brazil won)
Cup in South America, South American team wins.

Cup outside: Brazil wins.
Note USA, South Korea/Japan.

Brazil always wins the cup outside, especially if its the first time.
First time in Africa: Brazil will win again.
They have been the trend setter, always.
I think someone already argued that before. But get on with it, if everything worked on logic and stats, there would be no God

How come you know no African team will win it?
Old May 23, 2010, 01:45 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I laugh at all these people who come to our thread to talk down on our team. I guess they are so insecure about their over hyped team that they feel talking down on the most probable champion of this world cup will calm their soul. (yes ashraf, I am talking about you. :P)
Old May 23, 2010, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
I laugh at all these people who come to our thread to talk down on our team. I guess they are so insecure about their over hyped team that they feel talking down on the most probable champion of this world cup will calm their soul. (yes ashraf, I am talking about you. :P)
I wasnt really talking down about Brazil I just said you Brazil fans are over-confident. Maybe calm down a little bit
Old May 25, 2010, 07:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Quote:
I wasnt really talking down about Brazil I just said you Brazil fans are over-confident. Maybe calm down a little bit
Brazil's fans don't need any suggestions and before talking about Brazil team's lacking everybody should check the previous and also the very recent statistics
Old May 25, 2010, 09:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

who is playing in brazil team this year? I only know KAKA... but i have a feeling its going to be brazil again... well i have that feeling every wc...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 25, 2010, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
Brazil's fans don't need any suggestions and before talking about Brazil team's lacking everybody should check the previous and also the very recent statistics
Like I said before, if statistics were the only things that mattered, why bother having a WC? Just offer the #1 ranked team the gold.

But you need WC, because statistics and real life can be v ery different.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Quote:
Like I said before, if statistics were the only things that mattered, why bother having a WC? Just offer the #1 ranked team the gold.

But you need WC, because statistics and real life can be v ery different.
In 1962, 1970, 2002 Brazil was the top favourite team by statistics and they won. yah There are also couple of times being the top favourite they didn't win. So real life and statistics are not different always. And why the proud Brazil supporters will think about the negative result which is totally unpractical. They proved many times they can win and we think about them at the same way.
I dont like bother to check other teams threads and so dont know which team you actually support. But I understand that you are a very jelous person about Brazil's success and start talking nonsense which doesn't make no sense

Last edited by parvez; May 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM..
Old May 29, 2010, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Old June 1, 2010, 10:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Brazil will win this no doubt, hope they trash the overrated Argentinians, want to see Maradona cry
Old June 1, 2010, 10:18 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

^ Maradona will inject himself with his tears.
Old June 1, 2010, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

My money is on Brazil. My support, though, is for the man in my avatar and his teammates. Most people love Torres, I love Villa.
Old June 1, 2010, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
In 1962, 1970, 2002 Brazil was the top favourite team by statistics and they won. yah There are also couple of times being the top favourite they didn't win. So real life and statistics are not different always. And why the proud Brazil supporters will think about the negative result which is totally unpractical. They proved many times they can win and we think about them at the same way.
I dont like bother to check other teams threads and so dont know which team you actually support. But I understand that you are a very jelous person about Brazil's success and start talking nonsense which doesn't make no sense
Lol. I like the Germans. I dont really hate the Brazilians (Dani Alves, Carlos few all time favourites) but Brazil fans talk too much about how they won the WC 5 times. Doesnt matter how many times you win it, no guarantees you will win it again. Just look at Uruguay
Old June 2, 2010, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

রাস্তায় বেশ কয়েকটা গাড়ী দেখলাম ব্রাজিলের পতাকা উড়িয় যেতে।

পরশু সাভারে গিয়েছিলাম, যাবার পথে হেমায়েতপুরের পথের দুই পাশের বাড়ী-ঘরে দেখলাম দুনিয়ার পতাকা। এই জায়গায় বরাবরই বিশ্বকাপের সময় বাংলাদেশের সমগ্র এলাকা থেকে বেশী পতাকা উড়ে। ব্রাজিলের পতাকার আধিক্য ছিলো চোখে পড়ার মতো।
Old June 2, 2010, 11:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Auntu, it's a generational thing. Those of us who grew up reading about Pele in our Class I/kindergarten books, saw old reels of him playing, and later saw the magic that was the 1982 Brazilian team (the one with Zico, Socrates, and Falcao that didn't win, but played like a dream), became fans of Brazil for life. A somewhat younger group, who saw Maradona in his prime at that impressionable age, became lifelong fans. And an even younger group, who saw Brazil take the Cup a fourth and fifth time, became Brazilian fans again.

For what it's worth, my second favourite team is the Dutch squad, the so-called Orange Crush. Their 1974 team was probably the best team not to win the World Cup.
Old June 2, 2010, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Julio Cesar, the primary goalkeeper was injured in the friendly against Zimbabwe. They'll probably rest him for the friendly against Tanzania, and bring him back for the first WC match against N. Korea. Kaka, who's recovering from a calf injury, didn't seem quite that spectacular in the midfield in this match, but they brought in Baptista in his place, and he and Elano seemed to add the spark they needed.
Old June 2, 2010, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Elano is the most underrated player in the Brazilian squad (playing his club football in galatasaray)... but when it comes to playing for Brazil (midfield) I dont see how he is any less than Kaka.