facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 14, 2011, 01:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Thank you Jamie. =)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old April 14, 2011, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Forget everything else, our results during his tenure will rate among the best till date. That is no mean achievement with the resources that were available to him. He did have his bad moments, but who doesn't?

Adios coach!
Old April 15, 2011, 02:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Goodbye Jamie, if I may use Beamer's play on words, there were some sidsational moments for bangladesh.

I think the commitment was definitely there-to continue coaching after being diagnosed with a cancer as malignant as melanoma is much appreciated. He went overseas for treatment, to clear any past misunderstandings.

The overwhelming majority of BC have been very gracious-this is great to see, that we as a group are perhaps the best fans in the world, free of extreme parochialism and genuine cricket lovers. Our response (to the WI debacle shows this.(a personal thank you to Zunaid and other BC members(many senior members I do not write bhai or uncle-I still mean the respect to the senior members, I just don't know how much older people are than me))
Old April 15, 2011, 08:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

well we need some kind of consistency good to see nafees back at number 3 its a suitable position for him he is a good stroke player compared to Junaid who was clueless in his batting
Old April 15, 2011, 08:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

The biggest achievement of Jamie was, I was trying to prove a point saying Raqib did decent by Bangladeshi standards by averaging 24 in 2010, only to realize that this was the second lowest average amongst the batsmen.

A fan who's following bangladesh team for 13 years, this was a pleasant surprise. Thanks for you efforts Jamie.
Old April 15, 2011, 08:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

thank you very much Jamie Siddons.

i know siddons may not consider a job from BD furure but i feel he can do a job of the head of batting skill development for FC players. the young players in BD who starts playing FC domestic needs a coach like siddons.
Old April 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i was so sad the day he left. he has his limitations but one cannot deny the contributions he has made to our cricket. if we have some solid batsman now, it's because of him mainly. hope he has a great life ahead with his new job and family.

p-s: i am still a js fan!
Old April 15, 2011, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
Goodbye Jamie, if I may use Beamer's play on words, there were some sidsational moments for bangladesh.

I think the commitment was definitely there-to continue coaching after being diagnosed with a cancer as malignant as melanoma is much appreciated. He went overseas for treatment, to clear any past misunderstandings.

The overwhelming majority of BC have been very gracious-this is great to see, that we as a group are perhaps the best fans in the world, free of extreme parochialism and genuine cricket lovers. Our response (to the WI debacle shows this.(a personal thank you to Zunaid and other BC members(many senior members I do not write bhai or uncle-I still mean the respect to the senior members, I just don't know how much older people are than me))
Yes, you may play on my words! Good reminder of the cancer episode. That was almost forgotten.
Old April 15, 2011, 12:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

looking back on it, Siddons did the best he could with limited resources. he tried for a long time to make our potentially most destructive batsman into a geniune #3 (ash), unfortunately Sir Ash has regressed to a point where he's not even as good as he was as a 16 year old debutant.

his one flaw was persisting with riyad and probably naeem too down the order when they were top order batsman all along. thats quite a big flaw, if it turns out that riyad is a solid batter.

but he did preside over an abysmal Test team that by the end of his tenure became a team that will push matches to the 5th day, four out of five times. and that is perhaps invaluable and outweighs his negatives.

i think its safe to say he's the best coach we've had, but perhaps it is time to part ways. best of wishes, Coach Siddons, Sir!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 15, 2011, 12:49 PM
Test Cricketer

This was a mistake to let him go. He was a friend, teacher, mentor and psychotherapist molded into one for each and every member of the team. You cannot get a coach that can satisfy the needs or vision of everybody. But I know for sure he had the instinct to spot potentials and the vision of what future may hold for them. He nurtured them to provide stability necessary to build confidence even in the face of repeated failures. Slowly but surely results folllowed. Could you ever imagine that Kayes could hammer a 93 against the mighty Aussies?

Last edited by LateCut; April 15, 2011 at 08:35 PM..
Old April 15, 2011, 02:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

A grand salaam, a final standing ovation form all of us here to you dear coach Siddons!

Coach, wish you all the best in you professional journey. Wish you all the best with your loving family. Wish you well with your health dear coach! You will be missed by many of us!

Dear coach Siddons, you were indeed the best cricket coach Bangladesh national team ever had the privilage to be trained under! Even after you have left, a lot of your hard work and achievement will remain here with the team and players that you trained. Your words, voice, laughter will remain in many of us Bangladeshis hearts saved and stored for a long long time.

Coach I hope you and Kim and your little one(s) will only remember the good times, the good memories in BD and forget all the dark ones. Coach, I hope we again someday get to see you in Mirpur Sher-e Bangla National and the streets of Dhaka again!

Please do not forget Bangladesh and us!

Salaam and a

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 15, 2011 at 03:37 PM..
Old April 15, 2011, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

If you talk about raw technical improvement of players then yes he is by far the best coach we have had. It just hit me that in three matches, after bowling 150 overs, Australia managed to take only 18 out of a possible 30 of our wickets. Could we have imagined a few years ago that we could hold our own against the raw pace of Aussie bowlers for a full series? I think our biggest improvement has been in Test matches and our batsmen being able to put a price on their wicket when they want to, and it is unfortunate that we played too few Tests to show that.

Also remembered the couple of times I met him. The second time we had a proper conversation about cricket and he listened intently to what I had to say. Top guy!
Old April 15, 2011, 06:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Good-bye JS. Good luck to your future endeavours.
Old April 16, 2011, 12:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Bhais and apus, seriously, amar kintoo ekhon bhishon kharap lagtese Siddons ke khub miss kortesi...ekta bhishon heavy sadness feel kortesi. Seriously I already miss my dear coach.
Old April 16, 2011, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

^^^i don't know how serious u are but that's exactly how i am feeling
Old April 16, 2011, 10:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Any job.. if one leaves in better condition than what he/she inherited with... Pat in the back and that person should be satisfied.

Well done coach. Thanking you for teaching some of the basics that our boys lacked. We desperately needed that in our growing. The lack of resources and continuous unexpected curve ball you had to face... Wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors.
Old April 18, 2011, 10:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Old April 19, 2011, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

i feel sooooo sad.
Old April 19, 2011, 03:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Best wishes to Siddons. One of the best coaches Bangladesh had.
Old April 19, 2011, 11:43 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

(http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...&postcount=355)

Read the news about couple of days ago. Well now you all can MMR (Mark My Return). My first post and visit in this section since I made that post. You can call me a MoMW (Man of My Words). Anyhow, I will be very honest, I thought I'd be a lot happier when I read it on ECI, but I wasn't (Even though I did go "YESS!"), that's when my Bangladeshi emotional side kicked in.

Over the years I've said many bad things about you JS, but you did have your highs. Things like our batsmen scoring Test Centuries more often (someone other than occasional-Ashraful), Test going to 5th day, not getting owned by an innings, beating England for the first time in Eng, Whitewashing NZ and WI, better head-head records against Zim, individual brilliances; Tamim, Shakib, Junaid, Imrul*. We are not afraid to face the pacers any more. You totally manged to get rid of our Pakistani style of Boom-Boom blind batting. But too bad you came during the rise of a badass called T20. And also the fact that you wanted to stick around and finish what you've started shows your love and care for this team.

Though many of us made you look like the bad guy, and did not agree with few ways of your's, such as "team rule", "negative peep-talk", "batting-pp!", and "team-plans!!", you did what you thought would be the best for our team, whether it worked or not is a different issue. Some of us were never shy to blame you, and never the players, questioned your skills, even though you were successful as Oz batting coach, as a batsman yourself.

But time calls for a change. This is an end of a mini era. Some will miss you more than others, but you will surely be missed by all. There is no question about your ability as a batting coach, I hope you do get a better job. Because you are good at that.

Thank You Jamie Siddions.
Best Wishes to you, your family.

- Dilscoop
Old April 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Anti JS-ers, lets hug it out?
Old April 19, 2011, 11:52 PM
Banned

thank you coach Siddons. will miss you!
Old April 20, 2011, 08:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

was the best BD coach after Dev whatemore
Old April 21, 2011, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

after all that has happened... i miss him all of a sudden....
Old April 21, 2011, 06:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Thank You Siddons for all your dedication, hard work and support.
It was great to have you with us and now that we part away, I wish all the best of luck to your life and your career.
You have made man out of few boys and made our Tigers a lot more respected team than what we used to be.
If those 58 and 78 didnt take place, probably things could have been different but the reality of life is we all got to move on.

Adios mate.
You have a good one.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]