facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

In T20, I believe teams should bat in blocks of 4 overs, and keep the asking rate to a maximum of 8.50 in the last 4 overs. No massive hitting is needed, just rotation of the strike and punishment of bad balls. What teams like Bangladesh do on the other hand is seeing the score as something they need to get from ball one, where as a other nations such as South Africa or Australia bat in chunks, making the total a set of targets whilst having the final score in mind.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Old September 22, 2012, 12:52 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

lol i just love pakistani trolls
Old September 22, 2012, 12:58 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lol i just love pakistani trolls
cmon now mate.

How am I a troll? I would be a troll had I disrespected your team or mocked its supporters. Which I obviously didn't.

I just made a prediction which is common practice before any game.

A guy with over 9000 posts should know better, and not to mention should have a thicker skin as well
Old September 22, 2012, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
we will lose probably. we need to go back to drawing board after this series and come up with a good T20 squad.

it is obvious, current T20 squad is missing some of the key elements. we need a few big hitters who can take the game away.

how about bringing aftab ahmed back for T20?
T20I's are not jsut all about 6's, unless you Gayle but its also about taking singles. Not only Aftab, but all bangla batsmen struggle on putting the ball in the gaps and getting singles. Also need to make ones into 2's and 2's into 3 and so on. But lets just hope that we can get the basic right against pakistan.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:16 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Ali
My prediction for the Pak BD game.

Pakistan batting first will post a target of around 170. Hafeez will get out in the first 5 overs while Imran and Umar will regain form. Nasir to score a classy 50.

Bangladesh will end up about 50 runs short of the target, with Gulli and Kukri sharing 5 wickets between them.
A win against Pakistan is long overdue..I would not make such prediction if I were you.

After the loss against NZ, we are desperate to win. We always came back strongly after a bad match in the past. It won't be a walk in the park for you guys and It will be a great game...
Old September 22, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

I hope Mushy loses the toss this time. Will save us from all the complaints about Mushy's decision.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
I hope Mushy loses the toss this time. Will save us from all the complaints about Mushy's decision.
Yes, we can all rule out the possibility that had Mushy decided to bat first, Kiwis would go "meh" and NOT bowl us out within 4 overs.
Old September 22, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Right. Like Eid prayer monajat? Sabr nai tho, tai some billion manush'er doawa kobul hoi na instantly twice every year. Toi chaitey oshubidha nai. Allah tho bolsey chaitey. Let us do our job first. Na chailey pabo na for sure. Ek ta "joke" monay hoilo.

Ek ta priest, shara jibon khub God'er jonnay khatakhatni korsey. Tho shesh jibonay tar ekta shok hoisey jay shey lottery jittey chai. Tho God'rey bolsey, "God, I want to win a lottery". Kintu ek din pottash. Tarpor God'er shatey heaven'a meet hoisey. Oi khaney priest bolsey, "what happened? I did give my entire life for you and couldn't grant me my only request?"

God reply korsey, "You got to buy the ticket, damn fool!"
Right .. Chawar kisu baki rake na... Shobuj Jodi Kobul hoye, world are world thakbe na, behesht hoye Jabe...

Ticket to Hishab koira semifinal er o kaita rakhsi... Doa koren jeno eita jiti and semifinal e Jaite parii... shathe side dia abar onno kisu chaiyen na..
Old September 22, 2012, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
There was nothing wrong with decision to field first...if there would be rain and match curtailed then you would have said the opposite...

Last edited by BANFAN; September 22, 2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old September 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=250917

Take a look at this article. The truth hurts. We might be a good team in our comfortable slow and low pitches at home but can't match the quality of G8 teams when we play on true sporting wickets which shows true ability. We can't expect to beat these teams with just Tamim and Shakib. We need more quality in our side. Out of the rest of our other batsmen, only Nasir looks like he can join the ranks of Tamim and Shakib. Riyad and Mushy are just too inconsistent to be in the same equation with Tamim and Shakib. Ash has already proved he's too inconsistent and Zia is not a long term answer by any means and was woeful against quality bowling. Bottom line is we need more quality before we can start being more competitive in WC's.
Old September 22, 2012, 02:19 PM
Cricket Savant

^^ He's on point like a decimal is.

I have a feeling Pakistan would lose to BD but would march ahead due to a higher rr.
Old September 22, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=250917

Take a look at this article. The truth hurts. We might be a good team in our comfortable slow and low pitches at home but can't match the quality of G8 teams when we play on true sporting wickets which shows true ability. We can't expect to beat these teams with just Tamim and Shakib. We need more quality in our side. Out of the rest of our other batsmen, only Nasir looks like he can join the ranks of Tamim and Shakib. Riyad and Mushy are just too inconsistent to be in the same equation with Tamim and Shakib. Ash has already proved he's too inconsistent and Zia is not a long term answer by any means and was woeful against quality bowling. Bottom line is we need more quality before we can start being more competitive in WC's.
My friend, the contribution of Tamim & Shakib was "0" in last match if not "-" ... So I really don't understand what you are gruelling about. If we had Tamim and Shakib performing yesterday, we could have won or would have lost more respectably... So you are clearly making a wrong argument here. ... Heck we are definitely not yet in the league of G8 in quality, but you can't give a free pass to the so called world class players and abuse the rest for giving us some respectability... Please use the right premise to make even the same point,,,
Old September 22, 2012, 04:23 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
My friend, the contribution of Tamim & Shakib was "0" in last match if not "-" ... So I really don't understand what you are gruelling about. If we had Tamim and Shakib performing yesterday, we could have won or would have lost more respectably... So you are clearly making a wrong argument here. ... Heck we are definitely not yet in the league of G8 in quality, but you can't give a free pass to the so called world class players and abuse the rest for giving us some respectability... Please use the right premise to make even the same point,,,
I don't think he was trying to give a 'free pass' to either Shakib or Tamim for their failures in yesterday's match or ignoring the contribution of Nasir, but instead looking at the bigger picture, where we usually rely on Shakib and Tamim to defeat any team, not just the G8. He was expressing concern about the top 6, especially Riyad and Mushy not having clicked in a while.
Old September 22, 2012, 04:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
And at the same time you can't expect them to come out every damn time and save ourselves. Face it, these are our only world class players in our lineup and have been far more consistent then the rest of our other batsmen. We can't expect them to play well every single game. Sometimes they're going to get out and that's when others have to step up. Just take a look at the Asia Cup stats and you'll see the gulf between Tamim/Shakib and the rest.
Old September 22, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I don't think he was trying to give a 'free pass' to either Shakib or Tamim for their failures in yesterday's match or ignoring the contribution of Nasir, but instead looking at the bigger picture, where we usually rely on Shakib and Tamim to defeat any team, not just the G8. He was expressing concern about the top 6, especially Riyad and Mushy not having clicked in a while.
Thanks Navo bhai. That's what I was trying to say. I'm not giving a free pass to Tamim and Shakib for them getting out yesterday. Im just saying we cant rely on them all the time to deliver.We needs others to really step up or else we can't become a better team. Mushy and Riyad have been around for a while and it's time they perform more consistently. One good innings after a long time is just not good enough.
Old September 22, 2012, 04:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

This conversation actually is on the same page as what is I am just thinking. In other teams there would be different players contributing different times. Gambhir and Shewag may fail but Kohli or Dhoni will stood out. Who in our lineup has enough guts to carry on after tamim and Shakib fails ? Nasir is on the right track but has he got enough to actually WIN us matches from a likely defeat scenario ?
Old September 22, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
This conversation actually is on the same page as what is I am just thinking. In other teams there would be different players contributing different times. Gambhir and Shewag may fail but Kohli or Dhoni will stood out. Who in our lineup has enough guts to carry on after tamim and Shakib fails ? Nasir is on the right track but has he got enough to actually WIN us matches from a likely defeat scenario ?
Well that's what makes them India and that's what makes us Bangladesh. India has so many match winners that can step up. We don't have that luxury unfortunately and this is why we're behind the rest. Nasir still has to answer that question but he's definitely been our most reliable guy after Tamim and Shakib. That brings up the question of Mushy and Riyad. These 2 have been in our team for such a long time now and while they perform well at times, its still not good enough for such experienced players.
Old September 22, 2012, 05:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

a friend of mine said yesterday, Tamim is not world class, We make him out to be world class, there are thousands of cricketers like Tamim's in English county cricket...he also said that, we have nothing much to be proud of, except cricket and at that we suck too...

not my words....(not exact, but the meaning and intent is clear)
Old September 22, 2012, 05:48 PM
BC Editorial Team

^ What was your response?
Old September 22, 2012, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ And?

Why do you guys always sharing these little stories? My friend said this, my classmate said this, my colleague said that. WHO CARES!!!
Old September 22, 2012, 05:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Aunty sez: Tamim johkon du bole dusho korbe...

aunty aunty...du bole dusho hoy na!!
du bole dusho hoy na!!

chup tui cricket ki bujhis...australian cameray je shobshomy 2/200 dekhay..

Old September 22, 2012, 05:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Ha-ha-ha...
Old September 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

Amader playerder asholei merudondo nai. After Nasir's comments to Rabeed Imam yesterday, this is what Shakib and Tamim said today:

“You know we are a much better team in home conditions and we can challenge any team in our own den. Honestly speaking, as a team we need some help from the conditions, otherwise it's difficult to win the match. We don't have the quality to exploit any conditions. We struggled because it was a true wicket,” opined Shakib. We also lack the firepower that McCullum or others in his team have. You can understand the difference if you compare their players with us,” added Shakib.

“We are improving as a team and started to learn the craft of this format because we have played enough matches in the last few months but should accept the reality that there is a big difference with the top teams. We have a lack of power which is very important in this format,” observed Tamim.

Source
Old September 22, 2012, 06:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
a friend of mine said yesterday, Tamim is not world class, We make him out to be world class, there are thousands of cricketers like Tamim's in English county cricket...he also said that, we have nothing much to be proud of, except cricket and at that we suck too...

not my words....(not exact, but the meaning and intent is clear)
I am proud and I accept all the above proudly... Show me a nation who achieved more than us in this kind of time....there may be a few and I'm not claiming that we are the best race in the world.. But we are reasonably well and will fight for the top slot in different areas as a nation......

So, what d yo say?? What was your answer??

And Shakib is < McCullum.. Any doubt number one all rounder ?? And Kallis is a class apart.. So get over your euphoria ...
Old September 22, 2012, 06:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Aunty sez: Tamim johkon du bole dusho korbe...

aunty aunty...du bole dusho hoy na!!
du bole dusho hoy na!!

chup tui cricket ki bujhis...australian cameray je shobshomy 2/200 dekhay..

Gopal Vaar is calling you...