facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 14, 2012, 07:39 AM
Cricket Guru

I wonder how dramatic things will get this time round.

Old December 14, 2012, 07:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I feel a sense of urgency in this tbh. Why cant they set this tour after BPL2, which will assure Pakistani players to attend the league and BCB can answer something beneficiary defending their decision as well. Besides all Pakistani players were paid for attending BPL1 at first priority before even other foreign players, so their shouldn't be any money concern as well.

Last edited by cricheart; December 14, 2012 at 08:54 AM..
Old December 14, 2012, 11:06 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Here is the funny part, the rest of the cricket world won't give a damn. BD going to play in Pak will be huge news for Pak cricket obviously, but I doubt it will make any difference to teams like Aus, SA, Eng or India. I doubt they will say oh look BD played there so we should go play there too.
In fact, PCB should try to get IND to visit. If they visit, everyone might follow. But, BD's visit may or may not get things started.
Old December 14, 2012, 11:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

even if there is 1% risk I don't want to send my boys there, wether it's 3 days or 3 hours.
Besides is just for a ODI & a T20, i don't know what we gain from that, it's not like we didn't play Pak for ages, neither do we beat them often
Old December 14, 2012, 11:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
even if there is 1% risk I don't want to send my boys there, wether it's 3 days or 3 hours.
Besides is just for a ODI & a T20, i don't know what we gain from that, it's not like we didn't play Pak for ages, neither do we beat them often
You get Pak players for BPL ... In return...
Old December 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You get Pak players for BPL ... In return...
no thanks, that way I won't have to support Korachi gladiators.
Old December 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
no thanks, that way I won't have to support Korachi gladiators.
That's the condition PCB has given to BCB....and BCB probably even can't think of BPL without Pak players....
Old December 14, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

I sense more drama coming...
Old December 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Bhai khub uttejito asen. Matha thanda koren.
Old December 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The fact is we never beat them........
Old December 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
Street Cricketer

why don't we play them in Dubai or Sharzah?
Old December 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
That's the condition PCB has given to BCB....and BCB probably even can't think of BPL without Pak players....
It's all about business I think. Indians won't come, SL players will be busy and if Pak players don't play, BPL will not be colorful atleast that's what they are thinking. These modons can do anything for business

I personally think we are going to get best possible security in Pakistan. This tour will be a Huge challenge for Pakistan in terms of security and they will do their level best to ensure our players safety. But again its Pakistan we are talking about. Anything can happen..
Old December 14, 2012, 11:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
It's all about business I think. Indians won't come, SL players will be busy and if Pak players don't play, BPL will not be colorful atleast that's what they are thinking. These modons can do anything for business

I personally think we are going to get best possible security in Pakistan.
This tour will be a Huge challenge for Pakistan in terms of security and they will do their level best to ensure our players safety. But again its Pakistan we are talking about. Anything can happen..
that's my concern, anything can happen in Pakistan.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

To move our cricket forward, we always should explore for bi-lateral interest , whether its with India, Pakistan, Sri lanka, WI, SA, etc.

For this case, if security issue is resolved i.e. acceptable to BCB and it's players.. I see nothing but WIN WIN situation. Explosive PAK players are blocked from lucrative Indian T20 market.... that's makes BCL more relevent T20 tournament for the rest of us...the way Geo TV broadcasted BPL games. its amazing. With the participation of Pakistani, Sri lankan and some other Associate countries, BCL can create some unique market, Even when BCCI completely ignore this tournament.

So yes ... as long as security issue is addressed in a reasonble way.... this can bring a good opportunity for both countries.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

I personally think we are going to get best possible security in Pakistan. This tour will be a Huge challenge for Pakistan in terms of security and they will do their level best to ensure our players safety. But again its Pakistan we are talking about. Anything can happen..
Quote:
that's my concern, anything can happen in Pakistan.
Yes Bhais, that's the concern.... Pakistan's best security is no guarantee....If the Taliban wants to do anything, security can't stop them....
Old December 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Risk is not worth the reward. 1 Twenty20 and 1 ODI does not warrant a visit to Pakistan. Frankly, nothing warrants a visit there at the moment. We should just focus on BPL and other domestic stuff until the SL series.
Old December 14, 2012, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I have a feeling this is happening this time. Although the 2 boards seem to be the only ones interested..

We BD fans are concerned about the security of the team and dont think the 3 day tour is worth the risk (not much has changed since last time)

Pak fans are preoccupied with their upcoming India tour (are they even discussing this tour in PP?) and I dont expect them to be interested in this esp after how things turned out last time.

As much as I am not bothered about Pak players not playing in BPL (nicely put Simon bhai: Karachi Gladiators), I understand why BPL organizers are insisting on their participation for a successful tourney...
Old December 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

New planning for Pak tour
Sports Reporter

Bangladesh is in its second phase of planning for its tour to Pakistan, informed Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hassan Papon during a press conference at BCB headquarters.

"It's obviously not possible to tour Pakistan this month. However, we are looking for a gap in January, in order to fulfil our commitment," said Papon. The president further stated that he was satisfied with the security issues and that a suitable time to tour is all that. . . .http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=261245
Old December 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

This is the dumbest thing ever. A week long tour to PAK by BD won't prove anything for teams like England, AUS who would tour for months and are even more hated targets than BD. PAK doesn't gain much but Bangladesh could lose their lives - although unlikely, risk is risk. If school kids can get shot in Connecticut, cricketers can get downed at Jinnah international.

I hope some concerned citizen takes this to the high court again. Screw any response or retaliation from the PCB. They are a nothing board.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 14, 2012, 05:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I am for this tour only if it is hosted in UAE.
Old December 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ashraful will be selected for this series.
Old December 14, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Pappon realizes all our white staff wont go, we will get biased pak umpires, what makes him so sure that its safe to tour pakistan. I hope all our boys refuse to tour but i doubt they realize how exploited we are.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
This is the dumbest thing ever. A week long tour to PAK by BD won't prove anything for teams like England, AUS who would tour for months and are even more hated targets than BD. PAK doesn't gain much but Bangladesh could lose their lives - although unlikely, risk is risk. If school kids can get shot in Connecticut, cricketers can get downed at Jinnah international.

I hope some concerned citizen takes this to the high court again. Screw any response or retaliation from the PCB. They are a nothing board.
Yes heard about that very sad unfortunate news, my thought and prayers go out to those who have lost their lives especially the children. Safety and Security is vital.
Old December 14, 2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
To move our cricket forward, we always should explore for bi-lateral interest , whether its with India, Pakistan, Sri lanka, WI, SA, etc.

For this case, if security issue is resolved i.e. acceptable to BCB and it's players.. I see nothing but WIN WIN situation. Explosive PAK players are blocked from lucrative Indian T20 market.... that's makes BCL more relevent T20 tournament for the rest of us...the way Geo TV broadcasted BPL games. its amazing. With the participation of Pakistani, Sri lankan and some other Associate countries, BCL can create some unique market, Even when BCCI completely ignore this tournament.

So yes ... as long as security issue is addressed in a reasonble way.... this can bring a good opportunity for both countries.
Top Post Fazal bhai.

I am concern about the security issue too and dead against the tour if ICC doesn't approve it due to security issues.

As BCCI is ignoring us, as always (!?), we need to make better relationship with Pakistan and other countries like Sri Lanka, West Indies, New Zeland, Zimbabwe etc. and get some longer version cricket as well as ODI.

Also, we need to play a lot of T20 matches if we want to keep the T20 WC 2014 at home!!
Old December 15, 2012, 02:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I am for this tour only if it is hosted in UAE.
Pakistan insists to play on their own grounds. Because they want to show the World Pakistan is safe for cricket so that they can organise more international cricket in their home.