facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 26, 2013, 04:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktkeeper
the question is why one people (especially) will be blamed when its a team game. if it was spot fixing, i wouldn't have protested at all. the way news and other speculations are coming, it seems that everyone has picked their scapegoat for the purpose already.
Because, so far Ash's name has been mentioned specifically in both newspapers. We will talk about others when their names come up in the news as well. Besides, we will rant on him more than we would on Mahbubul Alam or someone else because he captained both matches under suspicion, he is a veteran cricketer playing international cricket for over a decade, ex-captain of the nation team and one of the richest sport persons in the country. He should have been able to resist the lure of dirty money (if he is proven guilty).

Old May 26, 2013, 04:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Whoever is the culprit, that person won't get any sympathy from me. I wouldn't want such a cricketer representing the country simply because they can't be trusted to give their 100%. If they say they were forced to, that's rubbish. You are involved in it because YOU have wanted it. Mashrafe has shown what should be done if a cricketer is approached with an unethical proposal. Hats off to him.
Old May 26, 2013, 04:57 AM
Street Cricketer

Stop BPL, and save our cricket.Bangladesh is not a place where fair tournament is possible involving corporate franchises.Most of Bangladeshi top businessmen are corrupt and political goons.The tournaments like BPL will simply corrupt our whole cricket management including officials and players .
Old May 26, 2013, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarwar
Stop BPL, and save our cricket.Bangladesh is not a place where fair tournament is possible involving corporate franchises.Most of Bangladeshi top businessmen are corrupt and political goons.The tournaments like BPL will simply corrupt our whole cricket management including officials and players .
well, I can't really disagree with you, even I love to watch BPL and young player have their say.
Old May 26, 2013, 08:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Wow!! Mo what a video you posted!!

After 1:40 mark listen.

paraphrasing:
"BCB instructing him by saying you guys are winning, winning a lot. hold back. (Thus Mash wasn't out there.)" lol, WTH? This is the funniest moment. Even funnier than the news of Ashraful's part.
Old May 26, 2013, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

paraphrasing:
"BCB instructing him by saying you guys are winning, winning a lot. hold back. (Thus Mash wasn't out there.)" lol, WTH? This is the funniest moment. Even funnier than the news of Ashraful's part.
I think he meant BCB asked DG to rest national team players so that the risk of injury reduces as they were already winning all the matches.
Old May 26, 2013, 08:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Let me get one thing straight. This is not spot fixing. It is match fixing. Match fixers get life BAN. Obviously this thing has arms and legs which would reach all the way to BCB officials (few or many). So some how, some way, as all BD matters, it will be in "dhama chapa" mode by everyone who is related.

Dear Rabz,
joralo jukti kintu shob khondano jai.

1. Bookie and spot fixing money transfer: this case is nothing similar. This is Match fixing. That is why no direct relationship with Bookie and/or money transfer.

2. Entire team (South Africa) didn't match fix. Only one or two did. The notion of everyone involved negated. The innings was suspicious from the very beginning.

3. Top order SR: You kidding me? Facing 7 or less balls, everyone. 7.4 overs five down. That is 46 plus the extra balls. Ash already faced 46 - 21 = 25 balls. May be his frustrating innings had compelled others to break free or do something because the Runrate was climbing high by every ball he was blocking? No?

4. The decision to sit Mash-Shakib already points to something was brewing. People come to see them. Not anyone else. From a marketing standpoint this is a killer. Ash just played along cause he would become the captain. How naive can he be?

5. Other suspicious games: May be there are more. If the owners can do one they can do others as well. That doesn't some how exonerate Ash or clear the match-fixing allegation.

6. Why is he not suspended yet: (a) Has the ACSU submitted any findings to BCB? no.

(b) See Mo's video, from 1:40 mark. BCB has a hand in it. Admission by the owner himself. The Football match fixing culture exists cause we have renowned powerful football match fixers in the committee. He will be protected as long as they can. Then they will throw him like a rag DOG and potray him as a "liar".

Always in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. Gadha ekta.
Old May 26, 2013, 08:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
if you are a BD fan you should know what ash is. both ash and mash denied the lucrative ICL offers while others just grabbed it. so you must have respect for the players. its not a good idea to mix his on field performance with his personality. if you are knowledgeable enough you should understand, a single person can't do something called match fixing most of the time it comes from the management (especially in BD). i have seen many of these examples in club cricket.

these types of news suits supporters like you. you guys can humiliate a player for bad performance and then be in the front to celebrate when they do good. for me its the Bangladesh cricket which comes first , whether they loose badly or do well. the support is always there.
KK is only valid if the news is against Ash
Old May 26, 2013, 08:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I would have liked to see Ash in ICL.
Sick ...
Old May 26, 2013, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I...am really confused now.
Old May 26, 2013, 09:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
I think he meant BCB asked DG to rest national team players so that the risk of injury reduces as they were already winning all the matches.
It is wrong to dictate the franchises on how they would use their players (doesn't matter you are on a winning or losing streak). They have their own physios and coaches. Plus they paid top dollars for them. Any interruption/instruction is suspicious because they have no right to do so.

As for risk of injury: This is so lame. Why even give them permission to play the whole Tournament?
Old May 26, 2013, 09:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
exactement!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

paraphrasing:
U got it wrong, u missed the most important part,that is "Physio"
Rather than translating it to English let's stick to the original version,
The DG owner said, "physio ebong BCB theke bola hochchilo, apnara to jitchen, ta eder ke ektu rest diye khelan..."
Mash & Sakib both were not the fittest ,we all know that,
Anyway as for the match fixing allegation, it's not so confusing, if Ash during his conversation with the investigators confessed their will be punishment, if he doesn't then the investigators will have to dig it further & it might not be solved.

I personally think Daal mey kuch kala hey, that match looked patano to me, but don't know if Ash is innocent or guilty, but he will be either one of them but definitely not a scapegoat or boli'r patha.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
if you are a BD fan you should know what ash is. both ash and mash denied the lucrative ICL offers while others just grabbed it. so you must have respect for the players. its not a good idea to mix his on field performance with his personality. if you are knowledgeable enough you should understand, a single person can't do something called match fixing most of the time it comes from the management (especially in BD). i have seen many of these examples in club cricket.

these types of news suits supporters like you. you guys can humiliate a player for bad performance and then be in the front to celebrate when they do good. for me its the Bangladesh cricket which comes first , whether they loose badly or do well. the support is always there.
Really !!!! I don't remember humiliating any BD player for bad performance !!! Specially you would hardly see me making any comment on Ash as I simply have no expectations from him when he plays rather I get excited when he plays well as that's so rare.. I do get frustrated sometimes and will go into each culprit's thread (and that includes my fav player as well) to vent my frustration.. But at the same time I have backed all the players in their bad times so stop judging people when you have no evidence of categorizing a fan...

As for BD cricket I think each member of BC is now more concerned about BD's reputation than some ABCD player.. You are not the only loyal fan of BD cricket my friend...

Match fixing or spot fixing or if the whole team is involved it's the same sh"t.. These players purposefully lost a match in return of some favor/money/gift.. That's so not right.. Even if the entire team was involved that doesn't take away the fact that that Ash was one of them too.. scapegoat or not these star players should always stay out of these as that brings more bad name to BD cricket... I hate to see supporters are playing the victim card.. All these guys are matured enough to know what is right or wrong.. aha o to gadha kichhu bujhe ei dialogue dhope tike na.. If someone is guilty then he should be punished and proper investigation should be done to find out all the other culprits who are hiding right now..
Old May 26, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
KK is only valid if the news is against Ash
Nope we didn't say a word when the news was only on KK as evertyone knows what is KK made of.. But whether you accept it or not the news is in every leading dailies of BD including some international ones.. And they all mentioned Ash's name.. For me it's not imp who the person is whether it's Ash or Tamim or Shakib or Mushy or Nasir - They should all know their name has a value and represents BD cricket.. Why would you involve in such activity at the first place.. Mash didn't ... I always believed our boys plays for the pride of the nation but seeing them in the same line as those Pak or Indian players just breaks my heart.. Now I won't be surprised if someday Shakib/Tamim/Mushy?Nasir's or some other bright upcoming cricketer's name comes up in the future.. I would just lose my affection for BD cricket and that's what making me angry.. Our cricket is the only thing that makes us proud time to time and gives some happiness in our otherwise boring life.. I so wished this sector to be out of corruption...
Old May 26, 2013, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Because, so far Ash's name has been mentioned specifically in both newspapers. We will talk about others when their names come up in the news as well. Besides, we will rant on him more than we would on Mahbubul Alam or someone else because he captained both matches under suspicion, he is a veteran cricketer playing international cricket for over a decade, ex-captain of the nation team and one of the richest sport persons in the country. He should have been able to resist the lure of dirty money (if he is proven guilty).
Exactly... The same rule goes for all our other star players !! They simply should resist such lucrative offers as their reputation and their country's reputation is wayyyyyy more valuable than the money !!!
Old May 26, 2013, 10:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Please leave Ash alone. He doesn't have brain to do any such thing as match or spot fixing. Even if he tried to lose a match, he did not make any money out of it from any bookies, he must have been under the instruction from his bosses.

Some of the comments here are pathetic, coming from some of the senior members/moderators asking him to kick him out of the team etc. Pathetic indeed.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Ditto...something smells like shutki here.

40.6 from Cremer, run-out, wow, tossed up outside off and it turned away, he tried to drive that, didn't get the nick but it spun away sharply to beat the keeper and Taylor dived to his left to stop it, he managed to get his left hand to it, Ashraful thought it had beaten them both and took off for the single, Taylor collected the ball and lobbed it back to the keeper who took down the bails as Ashraful turned out, Ashraful lost it there 132/6
Which match are you talking about? I am talking about the other BPL match in question where Ash was involved in 2 runouts and we all felt something suspicious is going on..

"Hamid Hassan to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, short delivery and played to point, Ashraful called for the run and hesitated in the end, Shakib responded to the call and left his crease, and easy run out at the bowlers end, Ashraful what have you just done?"
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...iew=commentary
Old May 26, 2013, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarwar
Agreed !!! We have to save our cricket from all these bullsh"t !! I am still hoping and praying that the report would say none of the BD player were involved in any such activity
Old May 26, 2013, 10:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Agreed !!! We have to save our cricket from all these bullsh"t !! I am still hoping and praying that the report would say none of the BD player were involved in any such activity
In fact T20 is nothing but trouble. Its easiest format to manipulate a game. Few slow overs or few bad overs can change the game. You don't need 11 players collaborate, you need few key players/coach/umpire to collaborate.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

T-20 Must Die!!!!!
Old May 26, 2013, 10:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
if you are a BD fan you should know what ash is. both ash and mash denied the lucrative ICL offers while others just grabbed it. so you must have respect for the players.
Please stop fudging facts to support your star and stop comparing mash with Ash in ICL saga. Ash got a slap in the arm in that ICL saga and he should be happy for that, but unlike Mash, he had a clear role in ICL saga that screwed up few player's career.

To refresh your mind, Its his Indian Agent who approached him first, and with his help others were introduced and encouraged. At the last moment, Ash decided not to join betraying his fellow players high and dry. It helped to restore his career, but screwd up other.

Ash is not yet proven guilty in this BPL, so its fair to give him the benefit of doubt, but there is no reason distort truth of past i.e. Ash's role in ICL.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
T-20 Must Die!!!!!
You meant cricket must die? Don't forget the famous Pakistani trio spot fixed in a Test match and there are many examples of fixing things here and there everywhere in any format of the game.
Old May 26, 2013, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Please stop fudging facts to support your star and stop comparing mash with Ash in ICL saga. Ash got a slap in the arm in that ICL saga and he should be happy for that, but unlike Mash, he had a clear role in ICL saga that screwed up few player's career.

To refresh your mind, Its his Indian Agent who approached him first, and with his help others were introduced and encouraged. At the last moment, Ash decided not to join betraying his fellow players high and dry. It helped to restore his career, but screwd up other.

Ash is not yet proven guilty in this BPL, so its fair to give him the benefit of doubt, but there is no reason distort truth of past i.e. Ash's role in ICL.
If a batsman get out wrongfully in a LBW, some coaches will say the batsman is partly at fault for letting the ball hit him on the leg. Ash is definitely not guilty until proven but he's done something to drag his name down in the gutter.
Old May 26, 2013, 02:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

fazal bhai, how much did ash actually earned in the last 10 years playing for BD?? as far the report concern, he was offered 10 crore a year for ICL. considering his financial background that was way too much to accept. even anyone will accept such offer. he did not. so we can't just say he screwed others to restore his career i really do not want to go for any brawl with you on that. you have your own point of view , i have my own.

just one thing regarding mash, he informed spot fixing offer on BPL 1 and was praised by everyone for such effort. when he was dropped as captain vs CTG in BPL2, why was he so quiet? he should have taken strict position again his team management.

i am not a blind supporter of ash or mash. if there is any wrong doing there, all involved should get punished. not just one or two scapegoats. that's my point during the whole thread conversation.
Old May 26, 2013, 02:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

another news

http://ittefaq.com.bd/index.php?ref=...84XzFfNDM4NzA=